Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Only just watched the highlights now and I have to say, it's hugely frustrating not to be able to watch the whole game.

Anyway, Bradford deserved to win that game and there's no amount of equivocating that will change that fact. They played unreal football to score the goals they did. Fcuk the home advantage when you're up against a team of players who clearly desired a Chelsea skin. Each and every one of those players deserved medals for what they put in.

As for us, what can I say? I've looked at Bradford's goals again and again and all I can say is that Cahill is not good enough. A couple of others made mistakes in the match as well but I wouldn't be getting rid of them. I think Cristianssen (sp?) played quite well when he came on and Zouma didn't actually do anything wrong apart from listening to Gary Cahill.

Tbh, Cahill is the player I'd be most critical of and he's the one who should be sent to Coventry.

Aside from that match, I'm more concerned about the fact that we're now losing matches at home. This isn't the first time since José came back that we've lost at home, it's the fourth. When José was with us before, we lost at home twice. The team was better the first time around but we need to seriously stamp out any suggestion that we're weak at home. Just my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Only just hittin this now there isn't much to say only congratulate Bradford on a fine one off performance that will prob go down as one of the biggest cup upsets ever.

As a lover of all tiers of English football its a mental time ,a lot of the football played below the prem has always had some great games due to most being at the same level obviously but theres a number of teams playing some killer ball and thats been there for some time but I don't think its due to the lower league teams being better the prem teams especially top 8 are worse.

As a Chelsea fan ya it's shameful but I feel a lot of my fellow fans don't feel that shame as they couldn't be arsed with the comp which is sad, Before the Newcastle game the media/some fans were makin out we had 2 teams but after that result its clear we have one good one and hopefully it overcomes Liverpool and get at least a point against Manky City.

Onwards and Upwards!!!

Congrats to Bradford big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

happy birthday jose , hopefully a very good week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

peteeeed wrote: »
    happy birthday jose , hopefully a very good week

Rodgers is exactly 10 years younger today as they share the same birth date, lets hope he has a horrible week :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Sky sources saying Schurrle wants to join Wolfsburg.

They haven't made an offer yet, but Chelsea want around £23m.

Lukker- wrote: »

I reckon one if not both of Salah and Schurrle will be sold/loaned now this window.

Will they be replaced, youd imagine theyed have to be.

Someones reported that schurrle and salah were both absent from training this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I have always been a bit of a fan of Schurrle. Not that he has really lived up to that at Chelsea (or been given the chance to), so maybe if Wolfsburg offer the right sort of money, take it. There's obviously been a breakdown in relations between him and Mourinho.

If they make any kind of profit from Salah I'd be pleased. Don't know if I'd be too averse to Willian being moved on either if they get a couple of decent replacements in.

Lukker- wrote: »

reading some of the twitter reports , chelsea want what it will cost the buy out clause for Cuadrado for the sale of Schurrle

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-transfer-news-wolfsburg-officials-fly-in-for-schurrle-talks-as-mourinho-steps-up-efforts-to-sign-cuadrado-or-douglas-costa-10002160.html

• Advertisement

I imagine if we loan Salah for 1million with a future transfer and sell Schurrle for in and around 25million we'll move on Caudrado.

We've got until Monday 2nd before the window closes anyway.

My prefence would be to keep Schurrle over Salah or Willian but the chances of getting 20-25million for Willian are slim to none, if theres a market for Schurrle and he wants out, then I dont think we can or will stand in his way.

I actually thought the Pool game was on Wednesday, anyway, happy days.

When is/was Joses presser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Read on BBC Sportsday that Clattenburg has been confirmed as the ref for the City game.

Not a fan at all of his. He seems to love the attention and I think he's too keen to let things flow. He comes across as an arrogant tosser, not to mention the previous with Mikel.

What's our record like when he's been the ref?

I think Clattenburg is one of the better refs in the league but hes a tad to inconsistent. Not as bad as others but if he was more consistent he'd be the stand out ref.

He does seem to like the attention but I've no idea about checking stats with a particular erf in charge, I'll have to Google it, he did fla us by sending off Torres back when we played Utd that day leading to the Mikel incident, since then I think hes been a bit pro Chelsea but that could be just my take on it.

Sturridge could feature at some stage tomorrow night as well, although I'd reckon he'll be kept for the weekend game.

Rob Beasley has tweeted that Salah will be leaving.

No other info at the moment regaridng price, club or loan/permanent deal.

• Advertisement

Start of a big week of games, is it wrong to hope that Zouma or Ivan plays CB and keeps Cahill out for the season?

I've no faith in him at all right now.

Interesting stat.
    For all the wider sense of Matic and Fàbregas as a settled central pivot, Chelsea have in fact played the same midfield pair in successive matches only once since mid‑December, with Matic-Mikel a common choice, followed closely by Matic-Ramires and Mikel-Ramires

says it all
    B8WwzTYCEAEFqnL.jpg

Pretty much what you'd expect really.

Hes one of, if not the best in the world in his position and role.

Mikel doesnt have the same ability or even intensity to make up for his lack of ability.

I'd imagine the Cesc/Matic pivot will be back tonight.

At the moment we've got a slight advantage with the fake, yet not fake away goal.

Liverpool have to score, which means theyre going to have to come and attack, perfect, that will give us some opportunities, I cant see us being as wasteful as we were last week at Anfield in possesion and the team will have changes from the Bradford game.

However, I still expect the Pool will score at some stage, so I'm going to say we'll win 2-1 AET.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

ET wouldn't be good with the city game at the weekend , hope we can brush Liverpool aside in the first half and take off hazard, costa and cesc early in the 2nd half

• Advertisement

rottie 11 wrote: »
    ET wouldn't be good with the city game at the weekend , hope we can brush Liverpool aside in the first half and take off hazard, costa and cesc early in the 2nd half

I think that would be a pipe dream TBH. even at 2-0 at HT its nota commanding lead, as Bradford proved :pac:

We'd want to be 3 + gopals up at HT before Jose would make a HT switch.

Even if its a 2 goal lead going into the last 15-20mins Jose might choose defensive subs, if he does at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Can't wait for the game tonight, hoping for Oscar back in for Mikel but not expecting it tbh. If we're to go through we'll need to be far better in possession!

I'd like to see Cahill dropped but its going to need a strong spine and FB's too.

So strong as possible I'd imagine

Tbo
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Cesc Matic
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

says it all
    B8WwzTYCEAEFqnL.jpg

Doesn't say a thing considering he only missed 3 games. Statistically it's far too small a sample to mean anything.

But I agree with GavRedKing that Cahill could be dropped as a bit of a kick up the arse. When JT is not around he get's exposed and even Bradford did so on Saturday. Is he another example of a player that's over-rated because he's English? (just that there's players who are better or at least of equal ability in Spain and Italy who aren't even close to being in the National team).

If Matic is missing the backline is easier to get at, if that happens and JT isnt in the back line Cahill is the senior CB and I dont think hes good enough TBH and relies on JT too much, he played well last year but this year since the wC hes not been the same, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I think most of Cahill's problems just stem from the fact that they don't play with a high anymore, which played to his strengths.

That aside, I think Chelsea will lose Saturday, regardless of tonight's result, purely for the sake of history repeating itself.
    Consider this, Man City were at home to Chelsea last season about 2 days after the window shut, so it's a similar time frame.
    Chelsea won to bring the gap back to one, City winning would bring it to two. City had won all their home games to date, blitzing everyone along the way. Chelsea have won all their home games (24F 3A). A draw for Chelsea would have been considered a great result, most are thinking the same now about City after playing Arsenal and 'Boro. The superstitious man in me thinks it'll happen for these reasons.

I don't want to reach 1000 posts. Can't i stay a three-digit foreverrrrr? :(

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    I think most of Cahill's problems just stem from the fact that they don't play with a high anymore, which played to his strengths.

That aside, I think Chelsea will lose Saturday, regardless of tonight's result, purely for the sake of history repeating itself.
    Consider this, Man City were at home to Chelsea last season about 2 days after the window shut, so it's a similar time frame.
    Chelsea won to bring the gap back to one, City winning would bring it to two. City had won all their home games to date, blitzing everyone along the way. Chelsea have won all their home games (24F 3A). A draw for Chelsea would have been considered a great result, most are thinking the same now about City after playing Arsenal and 'Boro. The superstitious man in me thinks it'll happen for these reasons.

City have to at all costs, avoid a defeat, a win isnt a must at this early stage so a draw would suit both teams IMO.

Sheepy99 wrote: »

Im fairly confident we wont lose to city.

I think if we play well we will wipe them off the pitch but a draw would be ok.

Funny when you think about it we could be 8 points clear or 2 points clear after we play city:pac:

Well the good news is regardless of the result we'll still be top of the league which is pretty excellent IMO.

8 points clear would be pretty sweet though.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well the good news is regardless of the result we'll still be top of the league which is pretty excellent IMO.

8 points clear would be pretty sweet though.

Il b happy with 5 or 8 points clear tbh. 2 would be sickening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

For the Liverpool game, obviously I'd like to see us win, but what I'd like to see most of all is a reaction.

They get 5 stuck past them by Spurs. They get 4 put past them - at the Bridge - by Bradford. At what point does complacency evaporate? What result is enough of a shock to the system to shake them out of near lethargy? Like I say, what I want to see tonight is a reaction.

Good article from the Telegraph. Nothing said to the players directly after the Bradford game. Sunday morning though, José goes through them for a short cut. "A very full and frank debrief..." Oh, I'll bet it was.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11368510/Jose-Mourinho-refuses-to-talk-to-Chelsea-players-after-humiliating-FA-Cup-defeat-to-Bradford-City.html

Duck Soup wrote: »
    For the Liverpool game, obviously I'd like to see us win, but what I'd like to see most of all is a reaction.

They get 5 stuck past them by Spurs. They get 4 put past them - at the Bridge - by Bradford. At what point does complacency evaporate? What result is enough of a shock to the system to shake them out of near lethargy? Like I say, what I want to see tonight is a reaction.

Good article from the Telegraph. Nothing said to the players directly after the Bradford game. Sunday morning though, José goes through them for a short cut. "A very full and frank debrief..." Oh, I'll bet it was.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11368510/Jose-Mourinho-refuses-to-talk-to-Chelsea-players-after-humiliating-FA-Cup-defeat-to-Bradford-City.html

After the Spurs defeat we won 3 in a row, scoring 10 and leaving in none.

We need a similar reaction tonight IMO after the bradford disgrace.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Filipe Luis; Matic, Fabregas; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Diego Costa

subs: Cech, Azpilicueta, Cahill, Ake, Ramires, Remy and Drogba.

Very happy with that TBH.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

I imagine we may never see Salah or Schurrle in a Chelsea shirt again.

Schurrle has an issue with his back, although could be bo**ocks

Salah, well hes very likely gone so its a mtter of time for him IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Schurrle has an issue with his back, although could be bo**ocks

Salah, well hes very likely gone so its a mtter of time for him IMO.

To be fair, If I had an issue with my bo**ocks I wouldn't want to play football either.

To be fair, If I had an issue with my bo**ocks I wouldn't want to play football either.

Could be a hernia issue in the groin as well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Delighted with that team.

Ivan and Luis are going to need serious protection from Willian and Hazard as not to get over ran by Pools wingers and the maruading Sterling/Sterling/Coutinho, basically whichever one of those that chooses to pull wide and try create space.

It'll more likely be Coutinho or Sterling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Very happy with that team, so long as we get on the ball from the whistle we'll be fine imo

Very happy with that team, so long as we get on the ball from the whistle we'll be fine imo

Liverpool will be putting us under pressure from the off, if we dont keep the ball its going to be a long, long night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Let this please be the start of Kurt Zouma as a permanent fixture in the starting line up

Let this please be the start of Kurt Zouma as a permanent fixture in the starting line up

If he plays well then hes going to give Jose something to think about.

• Advertisement

did gav pick the team ?

did gav pick the team ?

I'd have started Pogba :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Apparently we've agreed personal terms with cuadrado

duploelabs wrote: »
    Apparently we've agreed personal terms with cuadrado

Handy out so :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

city laughing id say, huge effort from the lads tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement