Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Anyone else find it strange that Courtiois got MOTM tonight?

He absolutely deserved it in the first leg, but tonight I think he only had 2 proper saves to make. Both of them good saves, but ones you'd expect any top level keeper to make. I actually thought the save and the tackle that Mig had to make on Costa were better.

Hazard again was the stand out for me, he dragged us through at times. He got a ripping in the match thread, but tbh that's utter tripe. He's consistently kicked and pulled without getting any form of free kick, sometimes he plays for it's part of the game now. If a player doesn't play the ball and makes illegal contact you have every right to go down and take the free kick. Every former player will say the exact same thing. He was very naive in his first couple of seasons, he'd always do his absolute best to stay on his feet yet this just costs him. We lose the initiative in play, Hazard is exposing himself to more injuries and we gain no advantage in what was an illegal action by the other team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He gives 100% and that's more than we can say about a lot of strikers in the last 10 years bar Drogba.

And that's good enough for me, I don't care if he accidentally burns down an orphanage as long as he wins us the league

If costa burned down anything it wouldnt be an accident :o

Balotellis pass to him before the free kick was pathetic though.

I cant believe im going to say it but hes worse than torres was for us. Not in the same price bracket of course but by christ hes one lazy player.

Torres was involved in build ups and assists. Balotelli just stands and jogs around, it looks like youve offended him by asking him to sprint anything over a yard or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Have been watching a few football vids in my spare time and thought some of yez would appreciate these:

I remember watching that Gala game. I couldn't believe how good we were. I remember thinking we'd be lucky to get a draw out there (I was 11 and had heard loads about the atmosphere in Turkish places). It was just incredible.

Delighted for the win and the final. It sounded like a decent game and it was nice to see all the big names out, shows Jose wanted to win the game. Will be a good final either way and I think it was a good match to have in the run-up to City.

And yeah, it is fun to beat Liverpool. I think it's because a load of my mates at school always gave me grief with the history vs. money argument.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Game was very enjoyable tonite. Cant wait for the final now

Zouma played well, i think he will be a very good player yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Willian gets a lot of flack but his ball in was inch perfect for Ivanovic tonight.

I'd agree, he was dire for the first half or so, but really came into the game in the later stages, his energy doesn't seem to wane which is great when his opponents are out on their feet.

My main problem with him is that I'm never confident when he's a man to beat one on one, too quick to kill momentum trying to get past players.

Rami was quality when he came on, his only problem was when he had time to think in front of goals, some truly awful efforts :)

EDIT: also noticed there wasn't a word said against Skrtel's body check on Costa late in extra time, strange that.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭tap28

If costa didnt play for us too id despise him but admire his ability.

Just goes to show how fickle we all are as fans I guess.

He love a battle and wont shy away from or back down from anything. Had we torres or etoo leading the line tonight we'd have in effect been starting with 10, they dont have half the spirit or desire costa has.

Hes just as easy to love as he is to despise.

Liverpool supporter here.

I would love to have Costa in our team.

I remember saying about suarez "he is a proper **** but at least he is our ****."
    When we were linked with Costa, two summers ago, we would have had the most hated forward duo in world football.

Both are old style street footballers, they would kick, bite, spit, pull your hair and anything else they could think of that would get an advantage on the opposition. I imagine players like them see football as a battle to be won than just a game.

The down side is they are going to pick up yellows and reds on reputation alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Some of the comments in the match thread were a joke. Certain people up in arms over Costa but more or less saying if they were marking him they would smash him & so on, I thought Costa was unreal last night, reminded me of the time Drogba ran the show against Barca, done everything necessary to unsettle them.

Does anyone know when we will find out if Costa will face any further action ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

courtois really came into his own last night in terms of personality , shouting at the defenders and fronting up to skirtel , much more vocal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

The Independent [the English newspaper] is already speculating that Costa will be charged in the next few days and miss the City game.
    Despite Mourinho’s insistent defence of Costa, the Brazilian striker could well be charged by the Football Association, which could keep him out of Chelsea’s crucial Premier League match with Manchester City on Saturday.

I just wonder if part of Mourinho's bollocking of the players after the Bradford game was that they had turned into a soft touch. Maybe Costa was the ugly end of that toughening up approach, but Chelsea seemed a yard quicker and more into regaining possession than I've seen for a while. Eventually it just seemed to wear Liverpool down.

• Advertisement

Duck Soup wrote: »
    The Independent [the English newspaper] is already speculating that Costa will be charged in the next few days and miss the City game.

I just wonder if part of Mourinho's bollocking of the players after the Bradford game was that they had turned into a soft touch. Maybe Costa was the ugly end of that toughening up approach, but Chelsea seemed a yard quicker and more into regaining possession than I've seen for a while. Eventually it just seemed to wear Liverpool down.

Whats annoying is Cahill got away with kicking lumps out of Kane in front of both dug outs and got no ban, when he should of, hes an English international.

Watch Costa get hit with a 3 game ban now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

For me Costa has nothing to answer for as you can easily make the point he was looking away for the first one when the ball was kicked infield (illegally) by the Liverpool player and he was trying to retrieve it. The second one both were in teh air Liverpool guy just landed before Costa there was nothing he could do. Skertel is a filthy player should have been booked countless times the red ref actually pointed to him in the first half (when he raised his foot to a T Bo kick out) then did nothing when play came to a stop. No surprise there as Oliver obviously is the new Dean when it comes to Chelsea.

Should Costa be charged then TSHO should refuse any interview with Sky until Rednapp is removed. He was always anti Chelsea but his venom knows no bounds since we knocked Spurs out of the CL with the win in Munich.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Whats annoying is Cahill got away with kicking lumps out of Kane in front of both dug outs and got no ban, when he should of, hes an English international.

Watch Costa get hit with a 3 game ban now. :rolleyes:

As a neutral watching that game but up for Chelsea more I certainly thought both stamps were intentional. First one, absolutely no question. I would be surprised if he doesnt get a ban.

The Liverpool fans hissy fits in the match thread are joyful though :pac:

For me Costa has nothing to answer for as you can easily make the point he was looking away for the first one when the ball was kicked infield (illegally) by the Liverpool player and he was trying to retrieve it. The second one both were in teh air Liverpool guy just landed before Costa there was nothing he could do. Skertel is a filthy player should have been booked countless times the red ref actually pointed to him in the first half (when he raised his foot to a T Bo kick out) then did nothing when play came to a stop. No surprise there as Oliver obviously is the new Dean when it comes to Chelsea.

Should Costa be charged then TSHO should refuse any interview with Sky until Rednapp is removed. He was always anti Chelsea but his venom knows no bounds since we knocked Spurs out of the CL with the win in Munich.

Costa being a duuurty foreigner will be banned though. Chelsea and Jose arent and never will be flavour of the month with the FA or the Premier League.

I dont thin Jose gives a bo**ocks but when issues come to light when blatant, stone wall decisions are going against you and fines and bans are being handed out on the back of frank interviews that you're made to do, its stupid.

I'd argue Costa knew, somewhat, what he was doing but in the positions the players were he was never going to move his feet quick enough to avoid contact, lets be honest, stamping it wasnt, he didnt put the full force of his weight downwards with such veno and intent that would cause harm to either player, this wasnt a rugby stamp or rake this was a misplaced step.

Can was up after 5 seconds looking to start on Costa and Skrtel kicked out at him, neither players career was threatened, its faux outrage for the sake of it.

I'd agree on Redknapp but hes a poster boy, hes the bit of eye candy in the studio because hes got f**k all between his ears.

Its why I love beating Liverpool and more recently 'Arry's Spurs team, to see the sour look on his puss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Ramos apparently being touted, a good replacement for Cahill

peteeeed wrote: »

Drop in the ocean when you're on around 170K.
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Ramos apparently being touted, a good replacement for Cahill

Sergio Ramos? No chance IMO. Jose and him, AFAIK, despise each other.

Varane is more likely but in the same breath, highly unlikely.

Also, Ramos would be a huge upgrade, guy is world class, Varane isnt there yet but will only get better, thats who we should be in for, himself and Zouma at CB would sort us out for a decade.

one in
    Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 5m5 minutes ago
    Sky Sources: @acffiorentina agree to sell Juan Cuadrado to @ChelseaFC if £26.2m buy-out clause is met. More: http://bit.ly/1eIzRjm #SSNHQ

I hate ramos, i would be disgusted f he was a chelsea player

He is unreal tho in fairness

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I hate ramos, i would be disgusted f he was a chelsea player

He is unreal tho in fairness

19 red cards , a record for la liga

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    one in
    Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 5m5 minutes ago
    Sky Sources: @acffiorentina agree to sell Juan Cuadrado to @ChelseaFC if £26.2m buy-out clause is met. More: http://bit.ly/1eIzRjm #SSNHQ

Pardon my ignorance but I dont think thats news worthy.

In theory, Barca could agree to see us Messi if we meet the buy out clause.

The key word is if in all this.

Sky peddling ****e as usual, IMO.

Is there a deal to be done, probably, but I'd expect one out before anyone is brought in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Like I said last night, they've met the personal terms but not the buy out clause figure

duploelabs wrote: »
    Like I said last night, they've met the personal terms but not the buy out clause figure

I think its a formality but it wont be done and dusted until probably the weekend.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Is that not a lot of money to be paying for Cuadrado? I think he's a decent player but there are better prospects going for cheaper. Another £25m+ signing who might well just sit on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

As good as it was to win last night(more relief than anything), i'd rather have lost and beat City on Saturday.
    Hopefully they don't **** up. I reckon they need to be leading coming into the last 20 or else extra time from last night will play a part.

Shout out to Willian, he was the man last night.

Plenty of conflicting opinions in the match thread, but the game could have went either way. No side deserved to lose.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    As good as it was to win last night(more relief than anything), i'd rather have lost and beat City on Saturday.
    Hopefully they don't **** up. I reckon they need to be leading coming into the last 20 or else extra time from last night will play a part.

Shout out to Willian, he was the man last night.

Plenty of conflicting opinions in the match thread, but the game could have went either way. No side deserved to lose.

Liverpool needed to score and we stopped them so we were marginally better imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Costa charged with violent conduct for the Can incident.....

Costa charged with violent conduct for the Can incident.....

f**king brilliant. :rolleyes:

At least we'll be still 2 points clear after Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

He might have been charged, but I thought these things took time, certainly not done in a week, can he appeal it? I'd be very surprised if it had any impact on the City game but looking at Twitter looks like I'm wrong.

He might have been charged, but I thought these things took time, certainly not done in a week, presumably he'll appeal too, so I'd be very surprised if it had any impact on the City game.

Theyve a new fast track, f**k ya over system that will see Costa banned, appealed and punished well before Saturday.

What makes it even better is numerous incidents of players geting away with s**t that the FA didnt act.

Aguero, at least twice, once on Luiz and the other on Mark Noble, got away with both.

And thats just pointing out "stamping" incidents, the one on Luiz was an utter disgrace and in the FA cup semi final.

I've taken to just accepting the bullS**t bans the FA will hand out for us, especailly on the back of a similar incidenrs not being punished afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Theyve a new fast track, f**k ya over system that will see Costa banned, appealed and punished well before Saturday.

What makes it even better is numerous incidents of players geting away with s**t that the FA didnt act.

Aguero, at least twice, once on Luiz and the other on Mark Noble, got away with both.

And thats just pointing out "stamping" incidents, the one on Luiz was an utter disgrace and in the FA cup semi final.

I've taken to just accepting the bullS**t bans the FA will hand out for us, especailly on the back of a similar incidenrs not being punished afterwards.

I'd wager Costa has got away with far more througout his career than Aguero. You keep meddling in the dark arts, at times you are gonna be caught.

Of course he has, it doesnt excuse the fact that as an example, a player has had worse stamps "missed" by the FA.

The one on Luiz was a farce and the one on Noble was again, worse than anything Costa done last night, no action.

Had Aguero been punished for either, I'd have no gripes, but hes got away with both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

The only positive thing that can come from this is extra motivation, a siege mentality being built up.

We should be massively up for this game, lets give the FA the two-fingers, lets give Brendan Rodgers and Jamie Redknapp the two-fingers.

Lets go out and batter City.

The only positive thing that can come from this is extra motivation, a siege mentality being built up.

We should be massively up for this game, lets give the FA the two-fingers, lets give Brendan Rodgers and Jamie Redknapp the two-fingers.

Id rather not drop the hand on eother of those chancers TBH.

Now Jamies wife..... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why? It was Costa who stamped on Can not Rodgers who snitched on your hero - he only has himself to blame. Anyway get used to this - I imagine officials will be quicker to card him from here on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I take it you're not being serious. There's only one person to blame for Costa being charged; Diego Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Dirty Steve

For me Costa has nothing to answer for as you can easily make the point he was looking away for the first one when the ball was kicked infield (illegally) by the Liverpool player and he was trying to retrieve it. The second one both were in teh air Liverpool guy just landed before Costa there was nothing he could do.

You'd make a decent defence lawyer, but I doubt anyone would believe your schtick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Phoenix wrote: »
    How likely will he be banned for the city game?

99.9%

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Phoenix wrote: »
    How likely will he be banned for the city game?

The appeal hearing would be on Friday so he'll know by then, also a chance of getting an extra game if the appeal is considered spurious.

WE dont need costa in the team to beat city. We are at home and we have remy and drogba who can easily replace him , and with haz, fab etc we have plenty to score goals...

Costa isnt god like we can manage fine without him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

What a ridiculous post. You can't stamp on people and now Costa might realise that. You do it once in a match you might get away with it but twice you are gunna get hammered.

WE dont need costa in the team to beat city. We are at home and we have remy and drogba who can easily replace him , and with haz, fab etc we have plenty to score goals...

Costa isnt god like we can manage fine without him

17 in 19 suggests otherwise TBH

The real question is when do we get those t-shirts made up ala Liverpool & Suarez?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

17 in 19 suggests otherwise TBH

I love costa lik but im just sayin we have 2 decent replacements and can still get 3 points v city

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Frickin love having Costa at Chelsea.
    He's such a warrior on the pitch, breath of fresh air after our previous boyos up front in the post Drogba era.
    Costa is a weapon.

I love costa lik but im just sayin we have 2 decent replacements and can still get 3 points v city

I'm willing to eat my words but if anybody but Costa starts upfront against City, they wont score.

With the ban and it will be a ban, its going to be down to Drogba to lead the line against a good defence, I just dont think hes capable of it anymore at the very elite level.

The goals will have to come from elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

blueser wrote: »
    I take it you're not being serious. There's only one person to blame for Costa being charged; Diego Costa.

No I am fuming over this look up Aguero's two footed stamp on David Luiz a few years ago sweet FA done, but it's ok it is only a Chelsea player stamped on. At worse Costa was clumsy he will get a three match ban and that smarmy ... On Sky will snigger away.

It is an anti Chelsea thing because if Costa is worthy of a hearing for that then the PL darling that is Agureo should have got at least 6 matches on the sidelines.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement