Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We might as well expect the charge these things NEVER get overturned.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Sod it we beat City with Torres, E'Too and Ba up front last season we will still have Remy and the Drog so yea two fingers to the FA. If there is any justice they will compare the Aguero stamp and the Costa tickle wave a finger and move on, though we all know they won't

Sod it we beat City with Torres, E'Too and Ba up front last season we will still have Remy and the Drog so yea two fingers to the FA. If there is any justice they will compare the Aguero stamp and the Costa tickle wave a finger and move on, though we all know they won't

The FA are incompetent. they need to do Costa for something, although given all the yellows we have had from sh*ty calls by the refs for "diving" and the FA wont change those why would they reduce or quash this?

I know they dont go back on yellow cards but the system is a joke.

The only good that will come out of it is it may well build up the feeling that everyone is out to get us and to defend our corner.

We're not getting a fair turn of the wheel at all this year.

Whats also a load of bo**ocks is Markovic throw his arm out twice to stop Luis well off the ball and diod stop him yet theyres not "violent conduct" charge for that either :rolleyes:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The FA are incompetent. they need to do Costa for something, although given all the yellows we have had from sh*ty calls by the refs for "diving" and the FA wont change those why would they reduce or quash this?

I know they dont go back on yellow cards but the system is a joke.

The only good that will come out of it is it may well build up the feeling that everyone is out to get us and to defend our corner.

We're not getting a fair turn of the wheel at all this year.

Worse than incompetent Gav they are biased, if it was only incompetence we would get the rub of the green sometimes but we never do. They should love us we are mainly responsible for 4 PL teams still qualifying for the CL over the past few years, swelling their coffers

Well when we win the league we can look back and laugh :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Jaysis, Torres is like a man reborn at Atleti. Just scored after 41 seconds against Barcelona!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

im starting to get the feeling, Jose is gonna instill the siege mentality,
    Saturday is now huge!!

Us against the World!!!

phobia2011 wrote: »
    im starting to get the feeling, Jose is gonna instill the siege mentality,
    Saturday is now huge!!

Us against the World!!!

Team talk before the match should be interesting, hope Cesc is fit

• Advertisement

Cesc being available would be excellent although after the match Jose harped on about "his" Ramires being back.

Could be bigging him up ahead of the game Saturday, thought Ramires done well enough when he was on although his finishing is still horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I just realised it's a home game and I'm playing a gig the night before just a couple of miles away from the Bridge, Score!!!

Yup, game at the bridge :D

Never gonna get a ticket now, any suggested pubs Gav?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Never gonna get a ticket now, any suggested pubs Gav?

Youd get a ticket, depends on how deep your pockets are though. :o

I'd suggest Brogans bar & grill, right around the corner, get there early and grab a bite to eat would be my suggestion.

I'm hoping to be down there around 1/2 at the latest

Youd get a ticket, depends on how deep your pockets are though. :o

I'd suggest Brogans bar & grill, right around the corner, get there early and grab a bite to eat would be my suggestion.

I'm hoping to be down there around 1/2 at the latest

Cool, if I make it there (i.e convince the missus) I'll keep an eye out for a cork langer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

I see the ****e talk out of Jose is rubbing off on the fans. Every club thinks they get ****ed over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

niallo27 wrote: »
    I see the ****e talk out of Jose is rubbing off on the fans. Every club thinks they get ****ed over.

So if every club and, presumably by association, their fans, think they get fupped over, why do you consider it comment worthy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

Well considering the amount of times we havnt been given penalties this season, instead players being booked for diving, then against Liverpool they should of also had two players sent off, surely you can see why fans aren't happy, in fairness to the ref he didn't see the Costa incidents but he was looking dead on at all the others and was just a joke all night

Pot, kettle, black.

You're right though, happens every club, although some more than others.

Caveman1 wrote: »
    Well considering the amount of times we havnt been given penalties this season, instead players being booked for diving, then against Liverpool they should of also had two players sent off, surely you can see why fans aren't happy, in fairness to the ref he didn't see the Costa incidents but he was looking dead on at all the others and was just a joke all night

I feel the same thing watching liverpool all season. The Bolton match for instance. Definte red and penalty missed. Chelsea got plenty of desicions the first leg in anfield. We just remember the times we were ****ed over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Worse than incompetent Gav they are biased, if it was only incompetence we would get the rub of the green sometimes but we never do. They should love us we are mainly responsible for 4 PL teams still qualifying for the CL over the past few years, swelling their coffers

I agree with this. I don't agree with the conspiracy vibe but it does seem like there is a disproportionate amount of nothing fouls given against Chelsea. Similar to this it is unbelievable how many times Hazard Costa and Oscar are hacked down and play isallowed to go on.

Though these are the breaks when you're the best team in the league!

Actually cannot wait for Sunday (?) now, the early winter rot seems to be petering out. Think Ramires needs to be given a chance as he made a huge difference when he came on. Having Dave back will make a huge difference as well, especially if Aguero is fit. If we play to our strengths and keep physical to allow Hazard to run riot we should win.

Also, as someone who is not a match thread regular, is there always such a negative reaction towards Chelsea fans and anything Chelsea? I would've thought in a community which breeds confrontation, rival fans would be able to take it but the reactions bordered on childish last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The FA are incompetent. they need to do Costa for something
    Two stamps would do it, yeah.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Chelsea should appeal the inevitable Costa ban so he can play against City.

Even if he gets an extra game for a frivolous appeal (this doesn't happen too often), the extra game he'd miss would be Burnley at home.

So if every club and, presumably by association, their fans, think they get fupped over, why do you consider it comment worthy now?

Just the usually ****e from Jose about how everyone hates me and my team. It felt like a good time.

Blatter wrote: »
    Chelsea should appeal the inevitable Costa ban so he can play against City.

Even if he gets an extra game for a frivolous appeal (this doesn't happen too often), the extra game he'd miss would be Burnley at home.

Didn't they stop that.

The hearing is tomorrow and the appeal is Friday I'm sure thanks to the new fast tracked system

Either way he'll be banned

Just the usually ****e from Jose about how everyone hates me and my team. It felt like a good time.

...and hes right too

I agree with this. I don't agree with the conspiracy vibe but it does seem like there is a disproportionate amount of nothing fouls given against Chelsea. Similar to this it is unbelievable how many times Hazard Costa and Oscar are hacked down and play isallowed to go on.

Though these are the breaks when you're the best team in the league!

Actually cannot wait for Sunday (?) now, the early winter rot seems to be petering out. Think Ramires needs to be given a chance as he made a huge difference when he came on. Having Dave back will make a huge difference as well, especially if Aguero is fit. If we play to our strengths and keep physical to allow Hazard to run riot we should win.

Also, as someone who is not a match thread regular, is there always such a negative reaction towards Chelsea fans and anything Chelsea? I would've thought in a community which breeds confrontation, rival fans would be able to take it but the reactions bordered on childish last night.

Games Saturday afternoon.

Ya, we're hated, Joses hated, success breaths contempt so TBH its to be expected.

If we werent succesful we wouldnt be hated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

If Costa was muck he'd still be hated, stop talking ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sheffield United on a fightback ahead 2-1 on the night Spurs with away goal though, Looks like they could at least take Spuds to ET anyway good game.

• Advertisement

...and hes right too

Everyone hates liverpool too and utd. He is under pressure to succeed this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Caveman1

To be fair, I think the whole refereeing system needs to be looked at, I can definitely see video replays coming in soon. not just in Chelsea games but in the majority of the games this season refs have made huge mistakes, it seems like every week we're talking about 2-3 big incidents being missed, they definitely need more help, 4th official are as useful as the assistants that stand behind the goal, pointless imo

Ya, we're hated, Joses hated, success breaths contempt so TBH its to be expected.

Chelsea under ancelotti were not hated in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Dunno about your point but I loved Ancelotti, great manager and was hard done by getting the sack.

Dunno about your point but I loved Ancelotti, great manager and was hard done by getting the sack.

Gav said success brings contempt and hatred and I said it wasn't always true as he was well liked by all fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This.

Just like Real under Ancelotti are not as hated as Real under Mourinho.

2-2 on the night, looks like Spuds in WEmbley

Vertongem grabs Sheffield player by the neck suppose that is not violent conduct

Ya all over now Spuds it certainly is they made hard work of that.

• Advertisement

Vertongem grabs Sheffield player by the neck suppose that is not violent conduct

Noticed that thought it was Walker though and he's an England international it won't be shown over and over again

Nah jaysus why would they do that? :rolleyes:

Then again Oliver is just a younger Dean so what would you expect. In all fairness though standard of refs in general in PL at the moment is dire.

Im just hoping Clattenberg is ready to give us a few soft decisions ;)

Then again Oliver is just a younger Dean so what would you expect. In all fairness though standard of refs in general in PL at the moment is dire.

Is it getting worse or is there just more cheating and diving in the game. The game is so much faster as well. How much are these refs paid anyway. It's a billion pounds game now so why not attract the best by paying huge wages.

Is it getting worse or is there just more cheating and diving in the game. The game is so much faster as well. How much are these refs paid anyway. It's a billion pounds game now so why not attract the best by paying huge wages.

I think refs get 50k and expenses, travel and what not. Although thats the elite refs.

That figure could be different to what i heard previous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

Bull, complete bull.

I like watching Chelsea. Great side, some world class players. Don't hate Chelsea whatsoever.
    But come on, just admit the two incidents were disgraceful by Costa last night. Deserves a ban, take it and lets move on.
    And also admit Jose is a spoofer, a funny spoofer though.

And for example. City a quite successful at the moment, champions and all. Who hates them?
    Also, I don't hear their manager talking complete rubbish time after time trying to annoy people on purpose.

I think refs get 50k and expenses, travel and what not. Although thats the elite refs.

That figure could be different to what i heard previous.

Average players are getting that a week. Why not pay them 300k 400k. Attract the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

Just a question for the visiting rival fans in here.

What is it about Mourinho that riles you all up so much? It's clear that everything he says is for the benefit of the rags and rival fans, so why the vitriolic emotional reactions? It's bizarre how little praise he gets for his achievements as a manager due to the insignificant "class" factor.

I actually could not love the man any more, he makes being a Chelsea fan that bit more interesting. Great manager with an outstanding trophy cabinet. In the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 978 ✭✭✭Fudge You

What is it about Mourinho that riles you all up so much? It's clear that everything he says is for the benefit of the rags and rival fans, so why the vitriolic emotional reactions? It's bizarre how little praise he gets for his achievements as a manager due to the insignificant "class" factor.

I actually could not love the man any more, he makes being a Chelsea fan that bit more interesting. Great manager with an outstanding trophy cabinet. In the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters.

Well, he is a wind up merchant, so thats why he riles rival fans up.
    He goes out of his way to wind everyone else up.
    He actually gets loads of praise for being a quality manager, but, maybe if he didnt say some bull every second week to annoy an opposing team/manager/player/fans/refs/sky etc., you would hear how respected he is as a manager.

O also, I can totally understand why you and Chelsea fans would adore the man. I get it. Its the same with all fans.
    Prime example is Suarez, some fans were defending him no matter what a few years ago, because he put the ball in the net nearly every week. But as soon as he bites someone in a world up and it looks like he going to leave Liverpool, many said he has gone so far blah blah.

So in summary, football fans has the blinkers on.
    If Jose was manager of liverpool or utd, would you still love him? After a few seasons, winning trophies with em??? I don't think you would.

Don't think people are getting riled up too much by him anymore. It's the same ****e the whole time from him. People still want him to lose but nothing like it used to be.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement