Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Fudge You wrote: »
    Well, he is a wind up merchant, so thats why he riles rival fans up.
    He goes out of his way to wind everyone else up.
    He actually gets loads of praise for being a quality manager, but, maybe if he didnt say some bull every second week to annoy an opposing team/manager/player/fans/refs/sky etc., you would hear how respected he is as a manager.

O also, I can totally understand why you and Chelsea fans would adore the man. I get it. Its the same with all fans.
    Prime example is Suarez, some fans were defending him no matter what a few years ago, because he put the ball in the net nearly every week. But as soon as he bites someone in a world up and it looks like he going to leave Liverpool, many said he has gone so far blah blah.

So in summary, football fans has the blinkers on.
    If Jose was manager of liverpool or utd, would you still love him? After a few seasons, winning trophies with em??? I don't think you would.

Well his teams are difficult to play against and usually win so that's a big part of it. I don't like the way his team, more than others, badger referees. John Terry ran the length of the pitch last night to try and get someone booked. That was a trait evident in Spain and Italy too. His teams have distasteful characters that he usually inds himself in a position of having to defend.

That's my two cents anyway. Congrats last night. We'll get ye next time!

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

For me Costa has nothing to answer for as you can easily make the point he was looking away for the first one when the ball was kicked infield (illegally) by the Liverpool player

your having a fcuking laugh right.... :pac: he knew exactly what he was doing,

you mean to tell me that if you were looking at something in front of you you wouldn't notice something at your feet, ya right!

"ball was kicked illegally by the Liverpool player.... :pac:

ye deserved to win and all that but enough already!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just a question for the visiting rival fans in here.

What is it about Mourinho that riles you all up so much? It's clear that everything he says is for the benefit of the rags and rival fans, so why the vitriolic emotional reactions? It's bizarre how little praise he gets for his achievements as a manager due to the insignificant "class" factor.

I actually could not love the man any more, he makes being a Chelsea fan that bit more interesting. Great manager with an outstanding trophy cabinet. In the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters.

To be fair its that his teams usually end up playing like a glorified Stoke (Pulis era) that winds many of us up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cesc highly doubtful for City match according to the Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

What is it about Mourinho that riles you all up so much? It's clear that everything he says is for the benefit of the rags and rival fans, so why the vitriolic emotional reactions? It's bizarre how little praise he gets for his achievements as a manager due to the insignificant "class" factor.

I actually could not love the man any more, he makes being a Chelsea fan that bit more interesting. Great manager with an outstanding trophy cabinet. In the grand scheme of things, that's all that matters.

I really liked Mourinho in his first term as manager - he was witty and insightful at the same time. Breath of fresh air and knocked the Mancs back a peg or two. He also had guys like Duff and Robben whom i really liked to see on the field. He wore his heart on his sleeve and won. Got booted out the door for playing stifling football and being unable to deliver the champions league ... which made him well, human. So was still ok in my books.

Enter Madrid. He came up against possibly the greatest club team i've ever seen and possibly ever existed. It changed him, he was unable to overhaul them which although was no failure as such but he became very bitter and resentful. The press did not sit well with him and didn't play on every interview he gave and dared to question him - then all these Chelsea rumours began. "There is a place where people love me" ... so he engineered a move back. In the meantime he gouged some guys eyes and became a bitter individual.

... but not before he came up against United in the champions league and shamelessly threw himself at Fergie and the United board with his "loveable" approach to the 2 ties and then came out and said they were the better team etc ... it was disgusting. To see him lower himself to that level of the possibility of getting the job at OT ... i had no time for him anymore.

Prefered him as arrogant but very focussed. These days it seems he focusses more on public opinion and his antics on the sidelines, leaving before the 90 mins???

... just off the top of my head like. Oh and the whole, "Jose masterminded another win" ... but distanced himself from the players when Bradford stuck 4 past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Inter had no effect on him then according to your theory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

To be fair its that his teams usually end up playing like a glorified Stoke (Pulis era) that winds many of us up.

Ah now, if you've watched any game involving Chelsea this season you would know that's total nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Enter Madrid. He came up against possibly the greatest club team i've ever seen and possibly ever existed. It changed him, he was unable to overhaul them which although was no failure as such but he became very bitter and resentful. The press did not sit well with him and didn't play on every interview he gave and dared to question him - then all these Chelsea rumours began. "There is a place where people love me" ... so he engineered a move back. In the meantime he gouged some guys eyes and became a bitter individual.

He faced the same issues with the media at Inter. The press did not fall for his shtick the way the redtops in the UK do. There is a quote where he stated he loves Inter but not Italy - referring to the media.

Then there was his handcuffs gesture!

TBH, I thought he was mad to go to Real. He should have stayed another season or two at Inter and tried to win another Champions League with them.

I think that the eye gouge on Tito Villanova cost him the Utd job.

Which is good for Chelsea fans I guess.

Prefered him as arrogant but very focussed. These days it seems he focusses more on public opinion and his antics on the sidelines, leaving before the 90 mins???

... just off the top of my head like. Oh and the whole, "Jose masterminded another win" ... but distanced himself from the players when Bradford stuck 4 past.

You have to remember, the proliferation of media isn't has completely changed the scope of his influence, so every comment he makes is magnified on every tabloid rag, local paper, pseudo-blog, facebook post and tweet the world over. He was actually far more arrogant in Mourinho MkI, but when you can amass 95 points in a season, that doesn't matter ****e.

And Jose always praises his players after a good win but they deserved a bollocking after that disgrace against Bradford. It wasn't Mourinho's instructions that lost that game

duploelabs wrote: »
    Inter had no effect on him then according to your theory

Inter probably gave him a serious amount of feeling God syndrome! Wining all he did with an ageing squad.

Don't get me wrong, i think he is impressive the way he sets up his defence. Gets his players working hard for eachother and with a great team spirit. Can't argue with that. Siege mentallity, them against us.

• Advertisement

You have to remember, the proliferation of media isn't has completely changed the scope of his influence, so every comment he makes is magnified on every tabloid rag, local paper, pseudo-blog, facebook post and tweet the world over. He was actually far more arrogant in Mourinho MkI, but when you can amass 95 points in a season, that doesn't matter ****e.

And Jose always praises his players after a good win but they deserved a bollocking after that disgrace against Bradford. It wasn't Mourinho's instructions that lost that game

I think he usually praises his players and has a great track record of protecting them even during tough times. Off top of my head i can only remember the Eto situation where his opinion was leaked by a reporter that was supposed to be off the record ... left him with egg on his face.

I think Jose enjoys the media though, especially the english one. Still the type of character you'd miss if gone. A guy you love to hate.

I think he usually praises his players and has a great track record of protecting them even during tough times. Off top of my head i can only remember the Eto situation where his opinion was leaked by a reporter that was supposed to be off the record ... left him with egg on his face.

I think Jose enjoys the media though, especially the english one. Still the type of character you'd miss if gone. A guy you love to hate.
    And that Eto'o comment was pretty funny.

He keeps things spicy as well, makes wins even more entertaining!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Loltastic.

His teams can defend or attack, depends on the game and team in question, now if some managers could defend, after all its easy to park a bus, apparently, theyed have won some trophies by now.

Stoke, gave me a late night chuckle anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    So lads Chelsea transfers has cuadadro joined yet?

Waiting to announce a double deal with Pogba :o

Nah, some reports have Utd in for him now too, they were meant to be after him in the summer as well.

At this stage signing Hazard to an extended deal would make me happy.

Ivory coast are through in the ACON too so no miracle return for Bony or Toure.

So ya, will this be treated as violent conduct?

https://twitter.com/MourinhoEdition/status/560576672773468161?s=01

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I like his personality, most managers are fairly boring but Jose can never be called that. His press conferences are great. My only dislike is the shaking hands three minutes early thing. If we are beating ye comfortably towards the end of the game at the weekend(unlikely), I hope Pellegrini gives him some of his own medicine in the form of a premature handshake:pac:

Palmeri, italian journo and peddler of ****e most of the time, expects the Cuadrado deal to be a deadline day signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I like his personality, most managers are fairly boring but Jose can never be called that. His press conferences are great. My only dislike is the shaking hands three minutes early thing. If we are beating ye comfortably towards the end of the game at the weekend(unlikely), I hope Pellegrini gives him some of his own medicine in the form of a premature handshake:pac:

Agree on the handshake, it's the only thing that irks me.

Any fan will agree, love him or loathe him the league is a far more entertaining place with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You either hate Mourinho or you love him, the ultimate WUM, I can't stand his antics at all but if he managed United (which I still believe is a possibility in the future;)) I wouldn't care

You either hate Mourinho or you love him, the ultimate WUM, I can't stand his antics at all but if he managed United (which I still believe is a possibility in the future;)) I wouldn't care

Ye had yere chance and ye settled for the chosen one.

Although i still ancelotti will rock up at OT in the next 3 years.

No hope of Jose doing it.

Our schedule for the cup final

Psg away on the 17th
    Burnley at home the 21st

8 days off to prepare for the league cup :pac:

Spurs have a mid week Europa game away to Fiorentina before our game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I actually quite like the guy. I think he strays a bit too far into disrespectful territory, but definitely one of the more interesting characters out there.

I do think the rags actually take him too seriously though. I'm waiting for the day someone says to him in a live interview, "ah you can't seriously beleive that Jose? I mean - you're trolling us now, right?"

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Our schedule for the cup final

Psg away on the 17th
    Burnley at home the 21st

8 days off to prepare for the league cup :pac:

Spuds have a mid week Europa game away to Fiorentina before our game.

I'm not backseat modding or anything but isn't it infraction worthy for us mere mortals :P

Now don't infract me, i have cleansheet record :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Favourite comment of the last few pages of outrage, Shaw cross, Walters et Al. must be doing something right so!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

I actually quite like the guy. I think he strays a bit too far into disrespectful territory, but definitely one of the more interesting characters out there.

I do think the rags actually take him too seriously though. I'm waiting for the day someone says to him in a live interview, "ah you can't seriously beleive that Jose? I mean - you're trolling us now, right?"

I have often thought that of course it seems he says things to provoke a reaction and perhaps to take the pressure of the team. But the press just lap it up he is great for them fills miles of column inches, would be really funny if someone said that.
    Depending on the circumstance it would be interesting to see if TSHO kept a straight face.

Personally think Carlo will be the next United manager (still think you missed a big trick when Moyes was appointed the World and his dog knew he was leaving PSG). But I would agree with you would not be surprised if he did manage you at some stage, though I shudder to think what he or Carlo could do with your mob could be frightening.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    I'm not backseat modding or anything but isn't it infraction worthy for us mere mortals :P

Now don't infract me, i have cleansheet record :pac:

On the phone typing and the "r" is above the "d" and the "d" is next to "s"

Genuine typo when typing quickly. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

GavRedKing wrote: »
    On the phone typing and the "r" is above the "d" and the "d" is next to "s"

Genuine typo when typing quickly. :o

I must try that one the next time.

I was trying to say Mourinho but the phone typed "Prick" I swear :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

So is Costa's three match ban a foregone conclusion?

rob316 wrote: »
    I must try that one the next time.

I was trying to say Mourinho but the phone typed "Prick" I swear :pac:

No, thats abuse :rolleyes: :P
    weiland79 wrote: »
    So is Costa's three match ban a foregone conclusion?

Yup, at this stage its a given.

Although I'd hope they raise the question with the panel why other player this year and in the last few years didnt get done for "stamping"

Neil Ashton had said the Schurrle deal is nearly done done. To whoever he is going to :s

Wolfsburg or Dortmund I think.

And Tancredi said we have had a €35m for Douglas Costa rejected too but his source is Sky Italia

Honestly I think he could dial back the viscous streak in him a little bit. I'm all for the role he play's in the squad but if it's at the cost of loosing points because he's serving a ban, then i wouldn't be too happy.

I'd hope that maybe he'll learn from this ban that there's really no getting away from the cameras in the stadium, and he will be caught if he does something nasty.

In saying all that i don't think he deserves a ban for the match on Tuesday. 'Stamp' is a bit of stretch, he stood on the players but I'd be hard pressed to say that he stamped on either of them. It was more of friendly standing on, a 'Hello don't fvck with me' kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Remy or Drogba for City? Jose will probably go with Drogba.

Would love to see Remy get a decent crack at it.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Neil Ashton had said the Schurrle deal is nearly done done. To whoever he is going to :s

Wolfsburg or Dortmund I think.

Whoever pays the most money upfront I'd imagine :pac:

I think if Schurrle is being sold its a poor sale, has more to offer form an attacking POV than everyone bar Hazard, if and its a big if, Salah is being kept and nobody is being brought in he'll have to step up his game some what hugely.
    Lukker- wrote: »
    And Tancredi said we have had a €35m for Douglas Costa rejected too but his source is Sky Italia

At a glance, I read that as Diego Costa :o

I'm not sure hes the answer either, hes more of an CAM than a RW, from what my limited knowledge of Shaktar can remember.

Johner wrote: »
    Remy or Drogba for City? Jose will probably go with Drogba.

Drogba, loves the big games, most of his goals have come from starting matches this year too. Has no pace but his experience and ability to hold up the ball and bring others into the game is better than Costas, he also offers us an unrivaled threat in both penalty boxes from set pieces. I'd love if Remy was given a chance but its very unlikely IMO.
    weiland79 wrote: »
    Would love to see Remy get a decent crack at it.

Could be a decent option in the last 10/15mins to stretch City if needed.

Season Tickets all set and secure for Saturday.

I guarntee I'll return with 3 points. :D

• Advertisement

Hope this works good image of the Costa so called stamp

If not here is link

https://twitter.com/mpbx3003/status/560221618283495424/photo/1

Hope this works good image of the Costa so called stamp

If not here is link

https://twitter.com/mpbx3003/status/560221618283495424/photo/1

no... its not working I'm afraid!!!

is it either of these....?

th?id=HQ.72495631590&pid=15.1&P=0
    th?id=HQ.72472727641&pid=15.1&H=215&W=160&P=0

th?id=HQ.141191628372&pid=15.1&H=183&W=160&P=0

kop77 wrote: »
    no... its not working I'm afraid!!!

is it either of these....?

th?id=HQ.72495631590&pid=15.1&P=0
    th?id=HQ.72472727641&pid=15.1&H=215&W=160&P=0

th?id=HQ.141191628372&pid=15.1&H=183&W=160&P=0

No strange that it opens on my iPad though, none so blind perhaps. Anything taken in isolation can paint any picture you want a photo about 1 second before the incident shows exactly what Costa eyeline was. But don't let the truth get in the way, still never mind another cup final more Chelsea history.

B8ZOl8eCYAApvzs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

"The 'so called' stamp". Brilliant.

Yay got it to work, technology is wonderful this image timed about 1 second before impact Costa clearly looking at the ball not Can's leg.

monkey9 wrote: »
    "The 'so called' stamp". Brilliant.

OK the so called deliberate stamp happy now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Yay got it to work, technology is wonderful this image timed about 1 second before impact Costa clearly looking at the ball not Can's leg.

He knows exactly where Can's leg is ffs. He's not a bleedin idiot. Look, he stamped on him. He deserves his three game ban, end of story.

still never mind another cup final more Chelsea history.

exactly, now run along, your teacher will be wondering where you are...

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    He knows exactly where Can's leg is ffs. He's not a bleedin idiot. Look, he stamped on him. He deserves his three game ban, end of story.

Indeed as someone on WAGNH put it Costa has a time machine he fast forwarded to see where the leg would be came back and then stamped on it, mind you he also claims that Costa was charged by the FA for running over Skertl in a DeLoren so much the same really.

But Stephen Hawking tells us with great authority there is not and never will be time travel so how he knows where Cans leg will be without knowing the displacement of said limb is impossible without looking. Thats kindergarden physics for God sakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement