Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I reckon the Can one was the most blatant, Can was trying shield the ball too and he moved into engage him, the Skrtel one is nearly impossible to call, both are off their feet, was a lottery were both would end up making contact, IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

CSF wrote: »
    If he's considered innocent of the 2nd one then it shouldn't really come into anything.

Yeah, technically that's right. Difficult to ignore on a human level though!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

gosplan wrote: »
    No, I'm a non-Liverpool fan saying Costa stamped and your case has been rediculous. We don't all operate on bias.

Seeing as how we're trying to sound clever, I'll leave you with my favourite Bertrand Russell quote

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

God forbid Hobbit you read the thread he was trying to gain momentum how do you do that without some force downward I think that quote applies to you far more than me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Are kompany and fernandinho suspended for the game sturday? Think they both picked up their 5th yellow v arsenal??

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Are kompany and fernandinho suspended for the game sturday? Think they both picked up their 5th yellow v arsenal??

No, since December 31st its now 10 cards for a ban

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No, since December 31st its now 10 cards for a ban

Ah rite never knew that.

Probably a good thing considering how easy it is to get booked these days

Hes right but the FA wont look at it like that.

I've accepted that he'll be banned and it will be a 3 game ban too.

Anything else would be a near miracle.

So - CONTAIN YOURSELF NOW GAV - Pogba will almost certainty leave Juve in the next 18 months with a sticker price of €100 m, wow that is a lot so only 6 or 7 clubs can be in the mix but 4 I would say. RM, United, PSG, City, Barca, Bayern and us. If FFP rules applied then PSG and City may struggle, not sure Barca have any money anymore but you never know. For me United, RM, Bayern and ourselves with RM hot favourites.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2015/1/29/7942725/chelsea-fc-juventus-paul-pogba-transfer-rumors-mino-raiola

100 million euro is only about 73million STG.

Bargain :pac:

• Advertisement

Not for the flat earth society but what would he know not like he is an excellent pundit and player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

What did Costa supposedly do lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Did amazing since he's joined Chelsea is what he did, the pup!

He did step up on two different people, however the intent is debatable.

IMO, theres no clear intent or force in his downward step, its a natural movement of physical force, akin to running, which he was doing.

He didnt go in to "do" either player, he didnt draw down and exert a force greater than was needed for a natural movement.

Still, he wont get off.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

He was running after the ball and Can stupidly kicked it away, leaving his leg in a place Costa had no choice but to put his foot down because of his momentum.

He was running after the ball and Can stupidly kicked it away, leaving his leg in a place Costa had no choice but to put his foot down because of his momentum.

Chelsea can use my explanination as a defence if they want :pac:

• Advertisement

I think he ate somebody important a first born or worse lost track

I think he ate somebody important a first born or worse lost track

Hes the anti christ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

God forbid Hobbit you read the thread he was trying to gain momentum how do you do that without some force downward I think that quote applies to you far more than me

'I know you are but what am I'

Yeah, that's more your level.

Every impartial person knows Costa meant it.

G. Neville is impartial and thinks differently.

Also, Gary Lineker has said pretty much the same thing as Neville.

Thats 2 people.

Yaaay get on the bandwagon.

#freecosta

• Advertisement

Lineker :

Only Diego Costa knows if his stamp was intentional, he certainly wasn't looking in that direction, therefore it's difficult to ban him.

In other news, Schurrle to Wolfsburg is apparently a done deal.

G. Neville is impartial and thinks differently.

No read it carefully. He's not saying he didn't mean it.

At would ya just sttttthop it FFS.
    Its done, we won.
    Good luck.

No read it carefully. He's not saying he didn't mean it.

But nobody knows if he meant it thats the thing.

Theyve both said its hard to ban as he isnt intending to do it, or by his movement or focusing point, he has no intent of landing on either player.

I've accepted the ban, its going to come, I'm just echoing what others have said really.

But nobody knows if he meant it thats the thing.

Theyve both said its hard to ban as he isnt intending to do it, or by his movement or focusing point, he has no intent of landing on either player.

I've accepted the ban, its going to come, I'm just echoing what others have said really.

You'd be better served trying to echo it to the wall to be honest.
    Thats just how some people are built.
    Wahhh!

Panthro wrote: »
    You'd be better served trying to echo it to the wall to be honest.
    Thats just how some people are built.
    Wahhh!

When the ban comes Jose will sulk, its going to be a blessing or a huge hinderence, it depends on how the squad react.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I think the two Gary's are looking at it from courtroom type of view, obviously the FA can't prove intent but they have shown they play by their own rules so it doesn't really matter if they can or not

It happened twice in one game so Chelsea fans can't feel too hard done by if he gets a ban, if it happened once I'd have more sympathy

At least the thread is filling up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think the two Gary's are looking at it from courtroom type of view, obviously the FA can't prove intent but they have shown they play by their own rules so it doesn't really matter if they can or not

It happened twice in one game so Chelsea fans can't feel too hard done by if he gets a ban, if it happened once I'd have more sympathy

He's not being accused of any wrongdoing for the 2nd one so it shouldn't come into anything.

I think if you're gonna charge people you need to be reasonably sure of guilt and I don't think you can in this case, even though I'm inclined to think he meant it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

In other news, Schurrle to Wolfsburg is apparently a done deal.

Shame I think, still have this idea in back of my mind he would have eventually done a great job for Chelsea, but he was never going to get the run of games he needed.

Shame I think, still have this idea in back of my mind he would have eventually done a great job for Chelsea, but he was never going to get the run of games he needed.

Same as Salah really. :o

Although I much preferred Schurrle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Not for the flat earth society but what would he know not like he is an excellent pundit and player

Oh dear. :pac: Your posts are reaching new depths of buffoonery with that nonsense.

CSF wrote: »
    He's not being accused of any wrongdoing for the 2nd one so it shouldn't come into anything.

I think if you're gonna charge people you need to be reasonably sure of guilt and I don't think you can in this case, even though I'm inclined to think he meant it

Thats the thing, the 1st one looks a lot more blatant, IMO.

He probably gets away with 1 but 2 was a clincher.

I think its a losing battle anyway at this stage I only hope they dont tack on an extra game.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Oh dear. :pac: Your posts are reaching new depths of buffoonery with that nonsense.

And you're replying, grumpy must be doing something right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

What length of ban are they anticipating if he gets one?...2games??... Have him in Fantasy football!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

What length of ban are they anticipating if he gets one?...2games??... Have him in Fantasy football!

4 games minimum with an appeal isn't it. Should be 10 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

That's the key thing for me, stamps are rare enough that you could pass off one as accidental but two accidental stamping incidents in the same game by the same player ??? no, statistically that just wouldn't happen. So he either meant one or both of them, and given his form in spain i'd be going with the latter.

3, 4 if the FA think his appeal is wasting time, out it this way, I'd take him out. :D
    niallo27 wrote: »

It would be 500 if Pool fans had their way, still wouldnt help ye :pac:

• Advertisement

At would ya just sttttthop it FFS.
    Its done, we won.
    Good luck.

Well done you. I came in discussing Costa's alleged stamp though, not Liverpool, who I couldn't give a toss about in case you were asking.

I'll head off now but I was just astonished that while most Chrlsea fans seem to have seen the obvious, others were posting about his eyes, shots a second before, the physics of light and then for some reason laws of thermodynamics.

Seriously, don't go the way of the Liverpool thread last year with freeze frames of every dive and for or five people arguing it to the last.

The truth is Costa stamped on two people because he IS that type of player. He's been a great buy regardless but he'll have to learn to curb the more extreme if his aggressive moments or he'll get banned every so often.

And that's it. He was silly. You hope he gets away with it, City hope he doesn't though it probably won't make a difference to the league. He needs to keep the aggression but try to avoid van able offences in the future.

Ah here!
    He's pissed off a hape a Pool fans.
    Should be given a medal!

Costa is this years Suarez.

It was only a mater of time before an incident kicked it all off TBH.

He has a long way to go to be that hated.

Ah fcuk off.
    He's pissed off a hape a Pool fans.
    Should be given a medal!

Double stamp should be double punishment and extra for doing it doubley in one match.

He has a long way to go to be that hated.

The rivalry between the 2 biggest clubs in the land helped that hatred no end.

If costa goes up and nuts a Utd player or something he'll have an awful lot of hate. :o

• Advertisement

I think it's way easier to sort out though.

I mean the biting people was actually mental. Like actually mental.

Costa's just a bit too agressive

The rivalry between the 2 biggest clubs in the land helped that hatred no end.

If costa goes up and nuts a Utd player or something he'll have an awful lot of hate. :o

But then he will gain a lot of respect from Liverpool fans. I actually like the bloke. He is a bit of a Headerball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That's the key thing for me, stamps are rare enough that you could pass off one as accidental but two accidental stamping incidents in the same game by the same player ??? no, statistically that just wouldn't happen. So he either meant one or both of them, and given his form in spain i'd be going with the latter.
    This isn't solid logic. If they think the 2nd one was intentional, they should charge him for it. If they don't, they have to ignore it and treat the incident they're charging him for on its merits.

Otherwise the whole system becomes a shambles

The match thread in May could be a corker.

On an upside the whole Chelsea Liverpool rivalry is getting back to interesting again with the game at Anfield last season and this there is nowt like a bit of edge. Was far too bland for far too long.

The match thread in May could be a corker.

On an upside the whole Chelsea Liverpool rivalry is getting back to interesting again with the game at Anfield last season and this there is nowt like a bit of edge. Was far too bland for far too long.

I'm gonna wade in here as a third party and say the games are also way better now.

They were all massive games in the Benitez v Jose mkI days but christ, they were awful awful spectacles.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement