Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

He got away with the Luiz one because he apologised after Luiz called on him to do so go figure. Well whats done is done as Eddie O'Sullivan says you can't unring a bell. I just hope there is consistency going forward if they say if a player stamps on another regardless of intent then they are guilty of being reckless then fine. That would take all arguments out of it, but you do have to wonder how Aguero got away with that with such obvious intent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Yeah remember the Luiz one and I commented in the match thread at the time that he wouldn't get charged because the ref had 'dealt' with it (think he gave a free kick or something). Same thing with the Noble incident

The FA are very consistent with that approach. The problem is that it lacks common sense at times. It's clear as day that Aguero deserved a ban on both occasions and Rooney for the elbow on McCarthy. I can understand the pov that they'd be making a rod for their own back if they made every single incident eligible for retrospective punishment but exceptions should sometimes be made for blatant dangerous play, even when the ref has 'dealt' with the incident.

They actually made an exception before with the Ben Thatcher elbow. The ref had 'dealt' with it by booking him but they had to go back and take more action.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

kfallon wrote: »

What the hell was Lennon doing putting his face where Shearer had no option but to smash his foot into it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He got away with the Luiz one because he apologised after Luiz called on him to do so go figure. Well whats done is done as Eddie O'Sullivan says you can't unring a bell. I just hope there is consistency going forward if they say if a player stamps on another regardless of intent then they are guilty of being reckless then fine. That would take all arguments out of it, but you do have to wonder how Aguero got away with that with such obvious intent.

I dont care if he apologised, as you said he went in to do Luiz, it was disgraceful then and it hasnt changed since.

So if Costa had apologised to Skrtel and Can he would have got off? Bo**ocks.

I expected it TBH so I'm not as annoyed as I would be but as you said, we need consistency.

kfallon wrote: »

Ah right, I thought it was something to do with Aaron Lennon!

In fairness I don't think it's good to be going that far back. Different FA, different rules, different time. Not really comparable to today.

• Advertisement

Blatter wrote: »
    Yeah remember the Luiz one and I commented in the match thread at the time that he wouldn't get charged because the ref had 'dealt' with it (think he gave a free kick or something). Same thing with the Noble incident

The FA are very consistent with that approach. The problem is that it lacks common sense at times. It's clear as day that Aguero deserved a ban on both occasions and Rooney for the elbow on McCarthy. I can understand the pov that they'd be making a rod for their own back if they made every single incident eligible for retrospective punishment but exceptions should sometimes be made for blatant dangerous play, even when the ref has 'dealt' with the incident.

They actually made an exception before with the Ben Thatcher elbow. The ref had 'dealt' with it by booking him but they had to go back and take more action.

The thacther one was a disgrace, that elbow was calculated and horrible.

Although as you said, it was dealt with and they made a special case for it, in certain circumstances they should go back and issue bans when clear intent is evident.

Now, the Aguero pictures show intent but any picture of a tackle can show a player looking aggresive, the other side is, the ball is in Luizs hand and he goes in 2 footed, off the ground, into his hamstring. Had luiz being injured they might have pulled Aguero but allowing him to get away with it was silly.

I think its easier if they can trot out the line the ref dealt with it, its out of our hands, unless of course an ioncident like the Thatcher/Mendes one pops up again they wont change their mind on a dealt with incident, rightly or wrongly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

FamousCFC ‏@Famous_CFC 5m5 minutes ago
    *** BREAKING NEWS****
    Ivanovic has been charged by FA for heading the ball into the net and knocking Liverpool out the League Cup

sums it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

peteeeed wrote: »
    FamousCFC ‏@Famous_CFC 5m5 minutes ago
    *** BREAKING NEWS****
    Ivanovic has been charged by FA for heading the ball into the net and knocking Liverpool out the League Cup

sums it up

About time hoe he got away with that elbow to Suarez's teeth 2 seasons back I will never know.

niallo27 wrote: »
    About time hoe he got away with that elbow to Suarez's teeth 2 seasons back I will never know.

Disgraceful carry on alright.

Matter of time before we announce the Cuadrado deal.

Everyone happy with it? If it stops Ivanovic thinking hes Dani Alves I'm all for it :D

• Advertisement

Few stats so far this year, the bracket represents where we are relative to the other 20 teams in the league.

Goals per game
    1.86 (3) - 2013
    2.3 (1) - 2014

Goals conceded per game
    0.71 (1) - 2013
    0.86 (2) - 2014

Shots on target per game
    6 (3) - 2013
    6.2 (1) - 2014

Shots on target faced per game
    2.3 (1) - 2013
    3.2 (1) - 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rumours that he's in the squad tomorrow. Id find that hard to believe.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Rumours that he's in the squad tomorrow. Id find that hard to believe.

Cuadrado?

No hope, he'd have to be registered with the league today, I think before 12.30 or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Not surprised over Costa's ban

We dont need him anyway :o

Drogba hat trick tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Few stats so far this year, the bracket represents where we are relative to the other 20 teams in the league.

Goals per game
    1.86 (3) - 2013
    2.3 (1) - 2014

Goals conceded per game
    0.71 (1) - 2013
    0.86 (2) - 2014

Shots on target per game
    6 (3) - 2013
    6.2 (1) - 2014

Shots on target faced per game
    2.3 (1) - 2013
    3.2 (1) - 2014

Interesting stats, and something that will only get worse over the next couple of seasons with Terry handing over the reigns... really need to get a hold of that.

If we can outscore people and keep it relatively tight at the back I'll be happy.

Cuadrado?

No hope, he'd have to be registered with the league today, I think before 12.30 or something like that.

SSN spouting **** as always.

Flying in tomorrow for a medical.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Not surprised over Costa's ban

99% of cases that go to the FA are upheld.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Phoenix mate, are you surprised that Costa was banned at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

It's stupid the FAs inconsitancy

Micah Richards apparently wished Cuadrado good luck in his transfer to us today on facebook/twitter.

Wolfsburg destroying Bayern 4-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Wolfsburg destroying Bayern 4-1

KDB with 2 goals and an assist, always thought highly of him and thought he was a bit hard done by Mourinho

redman85 wrote: »
    KDB with 2 goals and an assist, always thought highly of him and thought he was a bit hard done by Mourinho

He'd be better than Salah but we made a tidy profit on him so not to bothered really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Hope Van Ginkel doesn't go same way, but probably will.

Hope Van Ginkel doesn't go same way, but probably will.

Give Juventus MVG and buy Pogba

Jobs a good un :pac:

• Advertisement

Darth Sidious himself has chucked his insignificant load all over the Costa story (clicky picky):

article-2533224-1A663B1F00000578-969_1024x615_large.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

think him and lukaku's attitude were not in sync with jose.

Cuadrado is meant to be taking number 74 :eek:

On KDB, he'll be the biggest mistake made by Jose IMO. Can see him going to United or City for €40m+ in a season or two just to prove us wrong. He's been magnificent this season, really.

I'm sick to death of people like Redknapp and the wider media urging fans not to boo Lamps today.

There isn't a hope he'll get a bad reception.

FFS the Chelsea fans started chanting super Frankie Lampard when he scored against us vs City.

His name will probably be chanted throughout by Chelsea fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lukker- wrote: »
    I'm sick to death of people like Redknapp and the wider media urging fans not to boo Lamps today.

There isn't a hope he'll get a bad reception.

FFS the Chelsea fans started chanting super Frankie Lampard when he scored against us vs City.

His name will probably be chanted throughout by Chelsea fans.

And rightly so, Lampard's a club legend.

• Advertisement

I also reckon Lamps was completely oblivious to Man City's cheating in order to sign him fwiw. I'd imagine he fully expected to spend this season playing in MLS rather than being used as a way to circumvent City's FFP...em...issues.

Anyway, today's going to be full of distraction until about 5 o'clock for me. Hate this anticipation. I'd sleep til then if I could!

I also reckon Lamps was completely oblivious to Man City's cheating in order to sign him fwiw. I'd imagine he fully expected to spend this season playing in MLS rather than being used as a way to circumvent City's FFP...em...issues.

Anyway, today's going to be full of distraction until about 5 o'clock for me. Hate this anticipation. I'd sleep til then if I could!

Come on, it's laughable to think that Lampard was some kind of innocent pawn used by big bad City.

He knew well what the contract was and what he was getting himself into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Come on, it's laughable to think that Lampard was some kind of innocent pawn used by big bad City.

Being 100% honest, I tend to agree with you, he's supposedly a very clever man.

I'm just trying to make myself feel better. It's not as though you haven't seen delusion on this forum before. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Don't you dare score against us today SuperFrank, don't you fuggin' dare.

(On the supposition that he's an avid reader of this thread before games).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

So cuadrado has 100% signed? im happy tbh havent seen a whole lot of him but he seems decent

Team to face Man City (4-2-3-1): Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy. #CFCvMCFC

Today's subs: Cech, Cahill, Christensen, Ake, Loftus-Cheek, Brown and Drogba. #CFCvMCFC

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Team to face Man City (4-2-3-1): Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry (c), Azpilicueta; Ramires, Matic; Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy. #CFCvMCFC

Has Zouma jumped in front of Cahill in the pecking order... I hope so!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Inexperienced bench will be tight 2-1 to us

Sheeeeeeeeeeet. I'll take the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Well, glad that's over, that 2nd half was dross!

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

No outlet in the second half, hazard and oscar disappeared but a draw suits us suppose

Zouma looking better, game by game. Delighted to see Loftus-Cheek get his (very short) debut. The passing game disappeared today to be replaced by hoof it upfield. The problem with the hoof out of defence is that the ball invariably comes back at you in short order.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement