Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Good result under the circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Thought with 20 to go Drog should have been on he will hold it up. Fairness thought Milner was excellent today - if he is out of contract at end of season on that performance could do worse, English as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Missed the first half, horrible watching the second half.

What was Remy goal like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

A good result after 120 minutes during the week and Costa and Fabregas out. We looked in second gear going forward but Matic and Ramires as a central pairing aren't going to create much. Ramires running with the ball from his box is going to give me a heart attack.

Hazard was excellent in the first half but wasn't great in the second, Again, playing 120 minutes during the week wouldn't have helped his cause.

Oscar and Willian did okay, Oscar wasn't great going forward but really put in a shift defensively.

Still 5 points clear, wasn't a spectacular performance by any means but I would have taken a draw before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

All things considered, the draw will do.

In reality, our squad is quite thin. Ramires just isn't up to it. We need an upgrade before next season. Even when Cahill came on he almost goofed up. His days could be numbered. Zouma shows huge promise (looking forward, probably the biggest plus of the match). He did well apart from a moment of indecision in the 23rd minute which allowed a City attack. Willian runs well, but he simply doesn't assist or score. He's better than Ramires, but he's not the future.

Glad Remy got his goal. Nice Hazard assist. Ivan had (another) good game. dependable, adventurous and courageous. Courtois goofed on the City goal. OK, it was Matic's fault for trying to dribble out of defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

job done, team looked tired but that will do, zouma man of the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

duckman!! wrote: »
    Has Zouma jumped in front of Cahill in the pecking order... I hope so!!
    It seems he has. And how! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

The fact that we played 2 hours mid-week really showed.

We can't all be going to warm weather camps in Dubai for a nice rest mid week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's almost a good thing we're out of the FA cup. We play Everton on the 11th, and have a nice 6 day break til the PSG Home game

Funny how Pelligrini thinks they were the only ones trying to win, bar a Matic & TBo brain fart (two of our most consistent performers this year) was TBo actually troubled at all.
    Hope Ivory Coast continue their journey in the ACN will help us no doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I don't know how I forgot him, but Kurt Zouma was fantastic tonight. Excellent challenge on Aguero in the area and one of the quickest centre halves i've seen over 5 yards.

I'd have him above Cahill till proven otherwise. Aguero versus Cahill could have been a diaster and Zouma seems to have calmness above his years. Always trys to keep it simple and knows when to boot the ball away too.

For those suffering from Costa withdrawal here is a decent interview from the telegraph, not my favourite rag but a good read

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11381605/Diego-Costa-I-take-things-to-limit-but-I-did-nothing-wrong.html

His first professional club was Barcelona who would have thought it, seems happy in himself regarding the Can incident guy will be a legend.

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I don't know how I forgot him, but Kurt Zouma was fantastic tonight. Excellent challenge on Aguero in the area and one of the quickest centre halves i've seen over 5 yards.

I'd have him above Cahill till proven otherwise. Aguero versus Cahill could have been a diaster and Zouma seems to have calmness above his years. Always trys to keep it simple and knows when to boot the ball away too.

Think Cahill will be kept as he is English but even now not a patch on Happy. Actually would be tempted to get rid of Cahill and draft in Micah Richards on a free in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

All things considered we were lucky to get the point, squad depth really is an issue.
    I presume no salah or schurle means there on the the way out and it looks almost nailed on that caudrado will join so maybe we'll have one more before the window shuts?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

You'll see a load of non-Chelsea fans asking the same question over the next week. Will Zouma keep his place. Thats fantasy premier leage for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Happy with the point , city were better than us in the 2nd half.

I reckon if we didnt play 120mins the other night we would have beaten them easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

From the Telegraph report on the Chelsea-City game:
    Zouma has strength and growing composure and above all pace to burn and it feels like it could be a long way back into the team for Cahill.

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

kev1.3s wrote: »
    All things considered we were lucky to get the point, squad depth really is an issue.
    I presume no salah or schurle means there on the the way out and it looks almost nailed on that caudrado will join so maybe we'll have one more before the window shuts?

I don't think we were lucky with the point tbh, they were far better in the second half but I don't think they did too much with all the possession...

Did anyone see who got man of the match, can't see it in any of the reports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Did anyone see who got man of the match, can't see it in any of the reports

Some papers gave it to Navas, others to Milner... dont know who got Sky award though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Good result. I think we're strengthening well with Cuardado. Between himself and Willian we'll have both a more direct option for games we expect to dominate and a more defensive option for tough games like last night at rw.

Just get Pogba in the summer now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

kalych wrote: »
    Good result. I think we're strengthening well with Cuardado. Between himself and Willian we'll have both a more direct option for games we expect to dominate and a more defensive option for tough games like last night at rw.

Just get Pogba in the summer now!

Don't encourage Gav!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well the 2nd half was terrible, city well on top without looking too dangerous.

Navas roasted Azp a few times, doesnt happen all that often.

Remy looked out on his feet after 15/20mins and wasnt moving freely.

City fans, for a large travelling support were very quiet.

Some sections of the shed, and harding, tiny pockets, booed lamps when he came on.

Draw will suit us TBH. The bench had me scratching my head all before kick off and anyone i talked to in the ground was bemused by it.

Glad Zouma started and played well too.

Surprised its not been signed and confirmed by the club though.

Tomorrow youd imagine.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You'll see a load of non-Chelsea fans asking the same question over the next week. Will Zouma keep his place. Thats fantasy premier leage for ya!

Hopefully. Hes a good player and needs to play and learn with the best cb and thats JT

Di marzio on twitter

Chelsea's announcements for their recent transfer moves are currently on hold. Cuadrado arrived in London yesterday while the Blues are also waiting to complete Schurrle's sale to Wolfsburg. The reason for the delay of both deals is tied to the "financial solidarity clause" which would give the clubs who developed the players 5%. In Cuadrado and Schurrle's cases Chelsea wants Fiorentina and Wolfsburg to pay those clauses respectively. This obstacle is surmountable and all the parties are working towards a resolution, this evening both deals are expected to be completed.

Wolfsburg technical director said a fee still hasn't been agreed yet and both parties are still some distance apart.

Its all a formality id reckon. Will be done soon id imagine.

Chelsea's remaining away Premier League fixtures:

Aston Villa (A)
    Leicester (A)
    West Ham (A)
    Hull (A)
    QPR (A)
    Arsenal (A)
    West Brom (A)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Just looking at the league table and it's suddenly become apparent that City need to pay as much attention to Utd below as they do to us above, otherwise they may find themselves squabbling over 2nd and 3rd instead of 2nd and 1st.

Killinator wrote: »
    Just looking at the league table and it's suddenly become apparent that City need to pay as much attention to Utd below as they do to us above, otherwise they may find themselves squabbling over 2nd and 3rd instead of 2nd and 1st.

I don't think so really. United are pretty sh*te, beating Leicester changes nothing. I'd fear Arsenal more, they are the in form team now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think so really. United are pretty sh*te, beating Leicester changes nothing. I'd fear Arsenal more, they are the in form team now.

They have been pretty rubbish but they're still 3rd and only 5 off city, I won't be writing them off so easy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

GavRedKing wrote: »

Tomorrow youd imagine.

He has posted this on twitter.
    https://twitter.com/cuadrado

Tomorrow youd imagine.

i think sky have bought the rights for the transfer so it has to be announced by a guy freezing his nuts off at 21:59 :)

Wonder have we a surprise transfer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wolfsburg technical director said a fee still hasn't been agreed yet and both parties are still some distance apart.

Done deal now apparently. We will announce all today

Cuadrado in

Schurrle/Salah out

Cuadrado in

Schurrle/Salah out

So 1 in, 2 out,

Hope there working on something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Reus!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

phobia2011 wrote: »
    So 1 in, 2 out,

Hope there working on something else.

dont really need to, both of them didnt really figure much anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

Anyone else worried what we gonna do if God forbid Hazard ever got injured? Previously we could have played Shürrle, while not nearly as effective he was a like for like replacement. Can Cuardado slot in on the left?

Id imagine with hazard willian oscar cuadrado ramires, remy and cesc we'd have enough cover.

Hazard is a machine though his last i jury of note kept him out for a few games before the europa league final otherwise he plays nearly all games when needed

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

looks like schurrle isnt leaving this transfer window after all only 9 mins to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

looks like schurrle isnt leaving this transfer window after all only 9 mins to go

The Sky red & brown sauces are saying he's signed a 4 1/2 year deal at Wolfsburg.

• Advertisement

Wolfsburg have confirmed it

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

also on the bbc website

For €37m!!!!!!!

Is the window not closed at 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Is the window not closed at 11?