Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Utd draw away to west ham. Weve to go there soon. Wont be easy iMO.

wont be easy but united were f**king terrible!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

duckman!! wrote: »
    wont be easy but united are f**king terrible!!

Correction.

With that squad/manager they should be doing so much better. Performance wise at least.

Hes getting away with murder as hes an upgrade on moyes and hes spent tons more but by and large the rest of teams have failed around them so even with the same wins as moyes at this stage (12) hes ahead in the league.

Still, Upton park will be a big test for us. Theyve only lost 2 games in the league there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Anyone watching the acon? Should be at least 3 reds:D

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Anyone watching the acon? Should be at least 3 reds:D

I heard its a terrible game.

Toure and Bony playing extra mins could have an issue with them playing wednesday.

I heard its a terrible game.

Toure and Bony playing extra mins could have an issue with them playing wednesday.

Ya it went to penalties, cant see them playing wednesday tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Christian Atsu was named player of the tournament.

Hope he gets more game time at Everton

Lukker- wrote: »
    Christian Atsu was named player of the tournament.

Hope he gets more game time at Everton

Good for him, I can smell a profit coming in the summer :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

He was the only player on the pitch for most of the game. Awful game, tbf, even the penalty shootout was boring.

Felt sorry for Ghana in the end, their goalkeeper obviously wasn't able for penalties whereas the Ivory Coast keeper was a dab hand.

We're only 1 game away from being full strength again, same for City, give or take, you never know with the ACON.

So, if we go into 2 weeks time with a 7 point lead I'll be delighted.

For me, our home game v Everton is a small bit easier than citys away to Stoke.

Although I'd expect both of us to win.

• Advertisement

A decent difference.

B9U3N9JCUAEsWpk.jpg

There we go lads, the league is ours, calculation was done prior to the weekend results.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2942470/Chelsea-Manchester-City-Arsenal-Manchester-United-qualify-Champions-League-season-according-BSport-s-Premier-League-predictions.html

2564A2E000000578-2942470-The_predicted_top_eight_in_the_Premier_League_by_BSports_and_the-a-62_1423219916599.jpg
    Chelsea will storm to Premier League glory by five points, Arsenal and Manchester United will qualify for the Champions League but Tottenham and Liverpool will miss out.
    That's according to the calculations of BSports, a division of STATS, whose computers have simulated each of the season's remaining games 100,000 times to predict the final table in May.
    They predict Chelsea will preserve their current five-point advantage at the summit and finish on 87 points, ahead of nearest-challengers Manchester City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

He was the only player on the pitch for most of the game. Awful game, tbf, even the penalty shootout was boring.

Felt sorry for Ghana in the end, their goalkeeper obviously wasn't able for penalties whereas the Ivory Coast keeper was a dab hand.

Ah you mental the penalty shoot out where one team went two down after two penalties then came back to send it to sudden death. The penalty shootout that had one goalie play acting and getting booked for it, that lasted till 11 penalties each where one goalie saved from the opposition goalie and then started play acting again got treatment then got up and stuck his penalty to win it 9-8.

That was boring my god it must take a lot to get u going is all i say.

Lol @ Ivan in all the photos taken after the game

10989194_1035421479817904_8569368579442238053_o.jpg

Interesting stat.

Zouma hasn't conceded a foul in any PL or CL game this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Always arguing with some of my Liverpool supporting friends with the whole Lamps V Gerrard thing. Lamps consistently hitting double figures etc. but in the last 5 seasons discounting pens Gerrard has the same amount of open play goals as.......Ivanovic.....do...do...the do etc...:)

According to Opta the top 5 teams for creating chances are

City
    Chelsea
    Arsenal
    Pool
    Spurs

Utd are 9th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

everton game on BT sport 1 on weds

peteeeed wrote: »
    everton game on BT sport 1 on weds

Working until 9pm. :o

Hopefully it goes the way of the Swansea and Villa games that Ive missed through working, it thats the case I'll work through every game for the rest of the year :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

interesting, surprised at how little chance is given to Spurs or Liverpool making the top 4.

greendom wrote: »
    interesting, surprised at how little chance is given to Spurs or Liverpool making the top 4.

I'd like to see a lit more detail of how they came to that conclusion as theres still big games left in this season, from a Chelsea POV we've to play Utd and Pool at the Bridge and Arsenal away, a huge 9 point swing.

If you're looking at history, those 4 teams is what you'd pick from this point forward, even with the NLD result aside and beating us, it wouldnt be shocking to see Spurs fade away.

Although with 14 to play it does look like the most interesting battle at the moment is who will finish top 4 and will Southampton keep it up.

Edit : For Southampton to get 63 points theyed have to pick up 18 points from the next 42 available and they just dont look like doing that at the moment really so their total might be off by half a dozen points or so.

season so far

Played 11 at home
    25 scored, 4 left in, 31 points (W10, D1)

Played 13 away
    Scored 29, 17 left in, 25 points (7W, 4D, 2L)

The fact we're shipping so many goals away is a big concern IMO.

Our next two EPL game though are at home to Everton and Burnley and I'd fancy us to take 6 points from these games.

City have Stoke (a) & newcastle (h)
    Arsenal have Leicester (h) & Palace (a)
    Utd have Burnley (h) & Swansea (a)
    Spurs have Pool (a) & West Ham (h)
    Pool have Spurs (h) & Southampton (a)
    Southampton have West ham (h) 7 Pool (h)

So of all our rivals in the mix, only Southampton have 2 home games coming up next, its a great chance to put up some points as some of those teams are playing each othera nd City have a tricky away day at Stoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

If we put 6 points on the board in our next 2 games we will be more then 7 clear. I can see City dropping points at Stoke during the week or Newcastle at the weekend. Stoke more likely, but you never know which City will turn up it seems.

17 conceded away from home is poor from us but if you take the 2 games we lost (5 at spurs and 2 at Newcastle) it would only be 10 which wouldn't be that huge, considering Zouma has been on the bench for most of the season ;)

TimRiggins wrote: »
    If we put 6 points on the board in our next 2 games we will be more then 7 clear. I can see City dropping points at Stoke during the week or Newcastle at the weekend. Stoke more likely, but you never know which City will turn up it seems.

17 conceded away from home is poor from us but if you take the 2 games we lost (5 at spurs and 2 at Newcastle) it would only be 10 which wouldn't be that huge, considering Zouma has been on the bench for most of the season ;)

Cesc is back anyway against Everton and Costa against Burnley so we're very close to being back to full strength.

Amazingly, after the Burnely game we were scheduled for another home game against Leicester but we've the capital 1 cup final to play, 3 home games, 2 against lower half teams would have been a God send, if we won of course.

Cesc is back anyway against Everton and Costa against Burnley so we're very close to being back to full strength.

Amazingly, after the Burnely game we were scheduled for another home game against Leicester but we've the capital 1 cup final to play, 3 home games, 2 against lower half teams would have been a God send, if we won of course.

Yeah, and I know its easy saying this now, But thank **** we're out of the FA Cup, The players would be knackered by the time we got to Paris on Tuesday, nice 6 day gap to prepare for a tough game but fancy us to get a 0-0 or 0-1 to bring back.

• Advertisement

Yeah, and I know its easy saying this now, But thank **** we're out of the FA Cup, The players would be knackered by the time we got to Paris on Tuesday, nice 6 day gap to prepare for a tough game but fancy us to get a 0-0 or 0-1 to bring back.

Even if we lost in Paris it wouldnt be a disaster as long as we scored.

Now I wouldnt want a repeat of last year trying scramble a 2 goal deficit but a 2-1 loss wouldnt be a disaster, neither would a score draw.

I would rather win in paris this time , we were lucky last year getting the late goal. And i think psg want revenge ha. Im confident wel go threw tho

We've the toughest draw of any group winner but might as well see where we stand, PSG are a good side and at this stage thats all thats left in the competition.

If we beat PSG I'd love to get an English side

We beat them last year with a worse side and they are going very poorly in the French league. Expecting a comfortable win to be honest.

The Guardian, not content with speading sh*te about De Gea have now throw in Courtois to the mix.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/09/football-transfer-rumours-chelsea-thibaut-courtois-reak-madrid
    Real Madrid have worked out what José Mourinho worked out three years ago: Iker Casillas is past it. Not to worry, though, because they have hit upon an excellent way of winding Mourinho up if their move for Manchester United’s one-man team, David de Gea, doesn’t come off – they’ll go for Chelsea’s Thibaut Courtois instead.

How do they come up with these rumours :confused:

If you're looking objectively, Courtois has signed a 5 year dea this seasonl, De Gea has 16months left on his.

Theyed have more of a chance signing Cech who has the same 16months left on his deal as De Gea and wont cost as much.

Although if they want Cech I'd be asking about Varane, not in a swap deal and cash but 2 straight transfers, they get Cech for 7-10million, we get Varane for 30-35Million.

• Advertisement

We beat them last year with a worse side and they are going very poorly in the French league. Expecting a comfortable win to be honest.

We were very lucky though, although in Paris we hit the post at 1-1 and they scored with the last kick of the game after terrible defending and equally as bad keeping at the near post.

So the 3-1 really did flatter PSG that night.

I reckon Costa will be well up for playing against Luiz.

The Guardian, not content with speading sh*te about De Gea have now throw in Courtois to the mix.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/09/football-transfer-rumours-chelsea-thibaut-courtois-reak-madrid

How do they come up with these rumours :confused:

If you're looking objectively, Courtois has signed a 5 year dea this seasonl, De Gea has 16months left on his.

Theyed have more of a chance signing Cech who has the same 16months left on his deal as De Gea and wont cost as much.

Although if they want Cech I'd be asking about Varane, not in a swap deal and cash but 2 straight transfers, they get Cech for 7-10million, we get Varane for 30-35Million.

Not a hope they'll get either. They won't replace Casillas (33) with Cech (32) and seem to be looking for a keeper to hold down their shirt for the next 10+ years.

Not a hope will Tibo go to them, Especially after playing with Atleti, I think De Gea will still end up their to be honest.

I dont think eoither keeper will end up their TBH but the longer De Geas contract takes to sign there will be speculation, which IMO, is pretty unfounded.

If Carlo is still in charge next year maybe he'll bring in Cech, Cech, despite being younger than Iker is also performing at a higher level for the last number of years, again, IMO.

A couple of players and even Jose have hailed the last victory as big, you can see what means to them to get a potential banana skin out of the way and pick up 3 points.

We're not going to get near our own record of 95 points which would need to see us pick up 40 of the 42 points available to us.

TBH I think if we pick up 30-33 points of those available we should be champions or 10 wins from 14 which is more than do-able for a team like ours.

Our remainign fixtures are
    Everton -h
    Burnely -h
    Leicester -a (TBA)
    West Ham -a
    Southampton -h
    Hull -a
    Stoke -h
    QPR -a
    Man Utd -h
    Arsenal -a
    Palace -h
    Liverpool -h
    WBA -a
    Sunderland -h

Theres some tough games in there, Arsenal, Pool, Utd , Southampton, West Ham

A couple of players and even Jose have hailed the last victory as big, you can see what means to them to get a potential banana skin out of the way and pick up 3 points.

We're not going to get near our own record of 95 points which would need to see us pick up 40 of the 42 points available to us.

TBH I think if we pick up 30-33 points of those available we should be champions or 10 wins from 14 which is more than do-able for a team like ours.

Our remainign fixtures are

Theres some tough games in there, Arsenal, Pool, Utd , Southampton, West Ham

Tough games but great to have City, United and Liverpool away done with. Southampton, Liverpool and United (which I'm going too) should all be wins at home.

QPR away is a tough one aswell as they always play like world beaters when they play us, especially at Loftus Road.

I'd expect 35 or 36 points from our remaining fixtures, well I hope so anyway

Tough games but great to have City, United and Liverpool away done with. Southampton, Liverpool and United (which I'm going too) should all be wins at home.

QPR away is a tough one aswell as they always play like world beaters when they play us, especially at Loftus Road.

Good luck at the Utd game :D

Ya, I hate Loftus road, mainly because its a dive but delighted 'Arry is gone.
    rottie 11 wrote: »
    I'd expect 35 or 36 points from our remaining fixtures, well I hope so anyway

Thats a tad optimistic but we're more than capable of picking up that amount. If we can add the Capital 1 cup I'dactually expect us to pick up a big haul of points, lose that and it could deflate us.

City fans said Bonuy and Toure wont make the Stoke trip, makes a tough trip even harder.

Both of us playing at 7.45 so hopefully we can win at home without Costa.

Team I'd expect against Everton before starting a nice 6 day rest.

T-bo
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Cuadrado OScar Hazard
    Remy

Cuadrado to start as Willian was risked last time out, Jose didnt fancy risking two players so Cesc missed out.

Give Cuadrado a game and see what he can do against a decent Everton side.

City fans said Bonuy and Toure wont make the Stoke trip, makes a tough trip even harder.

Both of us playing at 7.45 so hopefully we can win at home without Costa.

Team I'd expect against Everton before starting a nice 6 day rest.

T-bo
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic Cesc
    Cuadrado OScar Hazard
    Remy

Cuadrado to start as Willian was risked last time out, Jose didnt fancy risking two players so Cesc missed out.

Give Cuadrado a game and see what he can do against a decent Everton side.

I'd imagine Jose will play it safe and play Willian but he will give cuadrado a good 30 min run!!

duckman!! wrote: »
    I'd imagine Jose will play it safe and play Willian but he will give cuadrado a good 30 min run!!

Depends really, Everton are off form now and he might want to take Willian out for a bit of rest and Cuadrado is probably a better option than schurrle and hes easily an upgrade on Salah so we wouldnt really miss Willian much if Cuadrado played.

The big call will be Cahill or Zouma, I'd go Zouma to counter Lukakus pace/power, even though hes not playing great he'd make mince meat of JT & Cahill if they start together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

I'm going to the United game too. Any idea if this is definitely set for 18th April though? Or could it change with CL progression/United's FA Cup run?
    Not sure if it's safe to book flights yet or not!

blue-army wrote: »
    I'm going to the United game too. Any idea if this is definitely set for 18th April though? Or could it change with CL progression/United's FA Cup run?
    Not sure if it's safe to book flights yet or not!

Do not book flights. Its an FA Cup weekend at the minute. Could be chanaged to a midweek game.

Pogbas agent reckons hes worth a record bid....ok Mr. 10%, I'm sure he is :pac:

TBH at this rate I cant see us splashing a huge amount on Pogba, hes not entirely needed for the prices being thrown around.

.....and yes I am feeling grand :pac: I'd love Pogba but the figures are eye watering.

Do not book flights. Its an FA Cup weekend at the minute. Could be chanaged to a midweek game.

Ya, wait until the TV schedule has been decided, once theyre done the game is set in stone.

The U21's are playing Utd right now.

Christensen, Solanke, Brown all start.

No sign of RLC, or Ake so they'll probably make the bench for the Everton game.

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic cesc
    Willian OScar Hazard
    Remy

Cech
    Cahill Ake
    Mikel RLC
    Cuadrado
    Drogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

1-0 to chelsea

The U21's are playing Utd right now.

Christensen, Solanke, Brown all start.

No sign of RLC, or Ake so they'll probably make the bench for the Everton game.

Courtois
    Ivan Zouma JT Azp
    Matic cesc
    Willian OScar Hazard
    Remy

Cech
    Cahill Ake
    Mikel RLC
    Cuadrado
    Drogba

Dom just scored, great closing down form izzy brown!

8 goals in 5 for Solanke.

Dom solanke has 27 goals so far this season😳

• Advertisement

The Chelsea twitter account said 26 :pac:

Still though thats a very impressive figure

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement