Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The Chelsea twitter account said 26 :pac:

Still though thats a very impressive figure

Chelsea tv said 27, still a hell of a lot of goals!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Where's Boga?

Izzy Brown is lovely to watch, absolutely tearing United apart.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Chelsea playing Untied off the Park here ,

Couple of First team players in this United Squad also ,

Chelsea playing Untied off the Park here ,

Couple of First team players in this United Squad also ,

Jinx!

Poxy deflection from a free kick, 1-1. Totally undeserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Lukker- wrote: »

The next step for him is a loan to a premier league team for experience
    He looks more then ready for it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Where's Boga?

No idea TBH. Could be injured, I'd doubt he'll be invovled with the 1st team Wednesday

Ya, hes a very good talent alright that lad, made his EPL debut against back in 2013 at 16 I'm sure too.

No idea TBH. Could be injured, I'd doubt he'll be invovled with the 1st team Wednesday

Ya, hes a very good talent alright that lad, made his EPL debut against back in 2013 at 16 I'm sure too.

He hasn't been in the first team all season so yeah he definitely won't be involved, must be injured.

Had to check where Baker was too, didn't realise he was on loan at Sheffield Wednesday/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Jinx!

Poxy deflection from a free kick, 1-1. Totally undeserved.

United have been all over them since they scored , good game of football ,

As the commentator was saying " no experience in the Chelsea Team " to take hold of the game when it went 1-1 but still an enjoyable watch

Lost 2-1, U21 league is seriously competitive and close, 3 teams on 21 pts on top.

Everton 2 points behind with a game in hand.

• Advertisement

Sone late night lolz.

We're going to lose Luis because he doesnt like life at Chelsea, who in turn will lead to Costa looking to leave for similar reason, which will bring down the whoel dressing room and mean Jose is replaced by Simeone.

Oooookkkk. :confused:

Ya gotta love these articles.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/557114/Filipe-Luis-Chelsea-Diego-Costa-transfer-news-Atletico-Madrid
    It now remains to be seen whether Mourinho can win over Luis and Costa before the situation spirals out of control

I'm sure Costa loves London, nothing suggest otherwise.

What an idiot.

Sone late night lolz.

We're going to lose Luis because he doesnt like life at Chelsea, who in turn will lead to Costa looking to leave for similar reason, which will bring down the whoel dressing room and mean Jose is replaced by Simeone.

Oooookkkk. :confused:

Ya gotta love these articles.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/557114/Filipe-Luis-Chelsea-Diego-Costa-transfer-news-Atletico-Madrid

I'm sure Costa loves London, nothing suggest otherwise.

What an idiot.

I saw the original article in AS or one of those rags where it said Luis was unhappy according to Miranada, without direct quotes of course.

No-where did it mention Costa, it's just gutter journalism from the Express. 2+2=5 sorta stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I find it so hard to judge if any of them will make it though,
    who do you think is our number one prospsect of making it into the first team on a reguar basis?
    I mean out of thorgan, piazon, bamford, solanke,Atsu, loftus cheeke, ake do you see any of them making it? and would you be happy if they did (compared to blowing our wad on pogba etc) or are they just the next generation of josh mceachran's, conor cliffords etc.
    Based on previous experience it looks like our best hope is that it will help with the balance sheet and we will make some money from the eendeavours

who do you think is our number one prospsect of making it into the first team on a reguar basis?
    I mean out of thorgan, piazon, bamford, solanke,Atsu, loftus cheeke, ake do you see any of them making it? and would you be happy if they did (compared to blowing our wad on pogba etc) or are they just the next generation of josh mceachran's, conor cliffords etc.
    Based on previous experience it looks like our best hope is that it will help with the balance sheet and we will make some money from the eendeavours

Its a bit of both really.

None of them are good enough to command a starting spot but I like solanke, RLC and Brown the problem is though, we can spend 30million on a fella and the guys then only become bench warmers.

We could make a tidy profit on some of them and I reckon they'll all go on to have EPL careers even if it isnt with us.

We're also only 50 posts away from a new thread.

Which will probably be christened by a trophy or two. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    :d careful now Gav you may offend some people by saying that :pac:

Well its the truth.

I remember back in 2004-05

article-0-1BD5AC0000000578-530_964x680.jpg

hi-res-d00d2357155241bd39caec7fdde2113c_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

I'm expecting similar results in a few months ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Well its the truth.

I remember back in 2004-05

article-0-1BD5AC0000000578-530_964x680.jpg

hi-res-d00d2357155241bd39caec7fdde2113c_crop_north.jpg?w=630&h=420&q=75

I'm expecting similar results in a few months ;)

We peaked too soon! The glory days!

Also, that league cup pic isnt 2004-05 :o

Baah couldnt be arsed going back to Google for the picture

Loftus-Cheek for me is our top prospect. He very much fits the mould of a Mourinho player too so I can see him featuring more next season. I can even see him getting a few more first team appearances this season.

• Advertisement

Loftus-Cheek for me is our top prospect. He very much fits the mould of a Mourinho player too so I can see him featuring more next season. I can even see him getting a few more first team appearances this season.

I still want Pogba :pac:

Although we've an abundance of midfield talent in Boga, Baker, RLC, Chalobah, Brown on the wings if needed.

Few facts before the Everton game.
    Chelsea have won just six of the last 16 Premier League games against Everton (W6 D6 L4).

Steven Naismith has scored in three of his last four Premier League appearances against Chelsea.

Chelsea are unbeaten in their last 19 Premier League home games against Everton W10 D9 L0).

The Londoners have won 32 and lost just one of their last 39 Premier League matches at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea have kept 15 clean sheets in their last 19 Premier League home games, conceding just six goals in that run.

2 other bits of news.

The EPL are going to announce new TV deals soon which will likely dwarf the curernt deals meaning the clubs will share more money and the players will probably get new deals as a result, guy slike Hazard can earn over 200K a week without FFP having much of an influence.

Its also being reported that rEus has signed an extension at Dortmund.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/31331496

BBC article on the new TV deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Also
    Everton's away form for the last 6 matches reads
    L L L L L W
    Our home form reads
    W W W W W D

money in the bank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

jose press conf

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/live-jose-mourinhos-chelsea-v-8614408

Mourinho also says he doesn’t think Romelu Lukaku has anything to prove after leaving the club.

He adds: “That’s football. We don’t sell garbage. We sell top players. Mata, world champion. Schurrle, world champion.”

duploelabs wrote: »
    Also
    Everton's away form for the last 6 matches reads
    L L L L L W
    Our home form reads
    W W W W W D

money in the bank

Baines could be out.

Mcgeady, Pienaar and Howard are out.

Its another big game as City have a tricky game at Stoke, if we fail to win and they do, the small gap we've opened up is gone again.

He doesnt let go

Jose :
    He says: “I needed a little bit more time to understand why my player was suspended.

“I needed a little bit more time to understand why some are punished and others are.”

• Advertisement

Jose Mourinho has hinted at his belief that Manchester United’s Robin Van Persie should have been suspended for an elbow against West Ham.
    Mourinho says: “I know that if it was one of mine [they would've been punished]. I know.

“The same thing happened last year when Ramires was suspended.

“I’m used to it

Key points
    •Jose appeared much calmer and happier than he did at last Friday's briefing.
    •John Obi Mikel is injured and will not play
    •Cesc Fabregas has returned to fitness and will be in the squad to face Everton
    •There are a couple of knocks to certain players but they should recover by Wednesday
    •Mourinho declined to comment on the Nigel Pearson situation
    •Romelu Lukaku has nothing to prove on his return to Stamford Bridge
    •Diego Costa still suspended and Mourinho must choose between Loic Remy and Didier Drogba
    •Mourinho says the seven-point gap to Man City is not enough to get comfortable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

LVG, Someone forgot to mention that despite, long balls, short balls etc

It still took the last kick of the game for them to get a point with such players as Di Maria, Falcao etc etc

LVG, Someone forgot to mention that despite, long balls, short balls etc

It still took the last kick of the game for them to get a point with such players as Di Maria, Falcao etc etc

West Ham are no mugs at home but ya, that squad is seriously under performing which is funny because so are those around them which puts about 5 or 6 clubs in the mix for 3rd/4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

With Utd I just find it really strange why he's insisting on throwing players out of position and using these alterntive formations at this stage of the season? Surely if they went for some 4231/442 variant they'd managed to string something together... even their injuries have died down for the last while too.

With Utd I just find it really strange why he's insisting on throwing players out of position and using these alterntive formations at this stage of the season? Surely if they went for some 4231/442 variant they'd managed to string something together... even their injuries have died down for the last while too.

They'll be better next year but they can be thankful that none of Arsenal, Pool, or Spurs were consistent in the first 20 odd games our they could have been in a battle for 4th.

Way its going they should eaily make top 4, anything else is a failure but I'm not bothered by Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

They'll be better next year but they can be thankful that none of Arsenal, Pool, or Spurs were consistent in the first 20 odd games our they could have been in a battle for 4th.

Way its going they should eaily make top 4, anything else is a failure but I'm not bothered by Utd.

I only pay so much attention to them because of the amount of fans, some of which are finally coming around to the fact that LVG may not be the messiah...

Now when he sticks Di Maria Rooney and Mata behind one of RVP/Falcao/Wilson and has 2 from Blind/Fellaini/Carrick behind them I think they'll very quickly go back to being a force to be reckoned with.

5.1 billion TV deal sorted.

Teams will be getting even more money than ever.

Absolutely crazy amouints of money for just being in the EPL.

I only pay so much attention to them because of the amount of fans, some of which are finally coming around to the fact that LVG may not be the messiah...

Now when he sticks Di Maria Rooney and Mata behind one of RVP/Falcao/Wilson and has 2 from Blind/Fellaini/Carrick behind them I think they'll very quickly go back to being a force to be reckoned with.

Theyve a good squad but its just not working, it happens sometimes.

On current form I wouldnt want any of their players for our first XI but thats not to say they cant turn it around.

Decent article on Jose ahead of the Everton game.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/jose-mourinho-i-could-stay-at-chelsea-for-the-next-10-years-10036496.html
    Jose Mourinho is hopeful he can stay in charge at Stamford Bridge "for many years".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I wonder if we completely capitulated and didn't win anything this season would Roman keep him in the summer

• Advertisement

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I wonder if we completely capitulated and didn't win anything this season would Roman keep him in the summer

I dont think theres any stand out candidates, Simeone maybe?

Other than that theres nobody that you'd fancy, Carlo wouldnt come back youd imagine.

Theyed be my 2 picks.

In saying that I think the club is very stable now abd that wont chnage in the short term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

2 decent teams battling for a top 4 spot, no concerns of ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Any chance they can both lose ??

7 points clear at the top and 10 goals better off in the GD.

Its a good time to be alive.

I think i read weve recalled lewis baker from his loan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

He only played 4 games, probably better off training with better players than sitting on a bench watching Championship football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yeah, recalled yesterday after he was left out of the Sheffield Wednesday squad at the weekend. Seems like an awful waste of a loan.

He was only there since January though. :o

Although there was probably T&C's with the loan about appearances.

I cant see him making many 1st team squads but you never know, if we've got the title wrapped up with 2 or 3 games to go they'll probably all get game time.

Jose on Edens new contract.
    Jose Mourinho has joked that the only thing stopping Eden Hazard from signing a new deal at Chelsea is the lack of a 'nice pen'.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement