Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

peteeeed wrote: »

Balls, thought he'd go somewhere higher or at least to an EPL club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As long as Kalas plays 30+ games then I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Well well back from a short break and everyone has moved :-)

So Kalas latest in a long line must say I felt he was good enough for us next season

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/06/09/chelsea-to-loan-out-young-star-to-bundesliga-side-does-he-have-a/?

Even then surely we could have got a better club than Cologne?

I really dont understand our loan system sometimes, why Kalas to Cologne he is more than good enough now to play a big part next season. Even then why Cologne they have just been promoted back to Bundesliga 1 but there would have been much better teams I am sure who would have taken him. I have been there a few times lovely city, nice ground, good support but the team really is not up to much.

Now we have reports of Lukaku off to AM

http://www.footballfancast.com/football-news/chelsea-striker-set-for-atletico-madrid-switch?

Why? either s*** or get off the pan surely regarding him. He has way too much to say for himself for sure (even if the reporting is open to question) but we either give him a run or get shot whilst we can still get a good deal for him. Is it only two years left on his contract? If so we will not get value next summer when he will almost certainly leave.

To be fair little of this makes sense to me.

I assume Kalas is off to make room for Zouma.

Kalas can have a huge impact next year, I'd be surprised if Ivan is around next year so Kalas can cover RB and CB with Cahill, JT and Zouma.

On Lukaku, I dont think anything will be decided until after the WC regarding players leaving, not 1st team players anyway.

Ideally, we get in all our targets early and then we evaluate what we want to loan or sell.

Its a dodgy situation though with Lukaku and Courtois who bought have only 2 year sleft on their deals.

Nice to see Duffer off to Oz for a year or two, he always said he wanted to keep playing until he absolutely had to give up. Anyone who lists sleeping as their hobby just has to be a legend best of luck to him.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Hazard has said hes in talks about a new contract.

Happy days, sign him up long term.

That is good to see 10 years and a ST£250m buy out clause index lined should even keep PSG at bay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I get Lukaku's gripe tbh.

Competing for a spot is one thing but being 4th in line is something else.

Like someone else said, only the best of the best make it into the Chelsea squad.

Lukaku should know that that reality will jot be beneficial to his development or career.

gosplan wrote: »
    I get Lukaku's gripe tbh.

Competing for a spot is one thing but being 4th in line is something else.

Like someone else said, only the best of the best make it into the Chelsea squad.

Lukaku should know that that reality will jot be beneficial to his development or career.

He would have been 3rd choice starting the season just gone had he not pulled a bi*ch fit though and eventually, given how Torres and Eto'o performed, or rather lack of, he would have played more and coudl have forced his way into the team.

It was really cruel as Bentekes injury basically gave Lukaku a free run at the Belgian number 9 spot for the WC, even if he played 5-10games for us he would have had little competition in that regard.

Thats all impossible to predict and he made the right choice but he done it the wrong way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

:D

That was a waste of time I'm never going to get back.

:rolleyes:

I cant really think of any player I wouldnt want to sign, especially if hes going to improve the team, which Cesc would easily do.

Anyway the stories have kind of colled off on Costa and Cesc so it remains to be seen if either will end up down SW6 next year.

That was a waste of time I'm never going to get back.

:rolleyes:

I cant really think of any player I wouldnt want to sign, especially if hes going to improve the team, which Cesc would easily do.

Anyway the stories have kind of colled off on Costa and Cesc so it remains to be seen if either will end up down SW6 next year.

the mail are reporting that both deals are to go through before the spain v holland match on friday

• Advertisement

That would be great if true but I'll keep the salt shaker handy :pac:

i'd be surprised if we got both done before hand TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Everyone is in Brazil now - holed up in their respective camps. Could be wrong but don't see much happening now till teams get knocked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That would be great if true but I'll keep the salt shaker handy :pac:

i'd be surprised if we got both done before hand TBH.

:pac:

Apparently Roman does not want Arsenal getting any dosh ..... if you believe that well .......

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481407/Arsenal-profit-clause-threatens-to-DERAIL-Chelsea-s-Cesc-Fabregas-move

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Everyone is in Brazil now - holed up in their respective camps. Could be wrong but don't see much happening now till teams get knocked out.

Thats the thing, Spain are a few days away from defending their world title, if any deal is done the medicals and personal terms have to be all but done and it could be down to trashing out final details between the clubs and agents.

Thats if any of it is true.

Apparently Roman does not want Arsenal getting any dosh ..... if you believe that well .......

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481407/Arsenal-profit-clause-threatens-to-DERAIL-Chelsea-s-Cesc-Fabregas-move

If it happens there'll be youth team players only.

I thought that Arsenal were getting 50% of any deal over 30million, not just the profit but the whole deal.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Thread best avoided in silly season ....

If we didnt have rumours this forum would be boring during the summer, well not this year with the WC but ya know what i mean. :o

Very true Gav, otherwise we would not read such nuggets as

http://www.givemesport.com/474361-chelsea-forced-to-consider-selling-ryan-bertrand-to-liverpool?autoplay=on

These hacks are getting more and more lazy

I dont think Liverpool are in for Bertrand anymore, I thought he'd go on loan during the January window but it never happened for whatever reason.

Sanchez apparently being let go by Barca he might well be worth a shot. Not had the greatest of times in Spain but a good player none the less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Sanchez apparently being let go by Barca he might well be worth a shot. Not had the greatest of times in Spain but a good player none the less.

where did you hear that?
    the guardian podcast said that it was his finest year for barca and has scored 20+ goals.

• Advertisement

where did you hear that?
    the guardian podcast said that it was his finest year for barca and has scored 20+ goals.

Hardly a bastion of reporting but

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=543754

Sounds like the madrid paper randomly trying to stir ****, I very much doubt he would be that cheap.

How can I report your signature? It is clearly not true, they let me in :D

Has Sanchez scored 20+ goals.....id be surprised if he has.

I wouldnt take him, we dont need him really, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He's probably been Barca's best player this season. I'd be surprised if there was any truth to it, especially at the cut price fees being mentioned.

Luiz has cut his hair before the WC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Wouldnt be too keen either, hes not really an out and out striker is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I would be shocked if Barcelona let Sanchez go. He has proven himself in the big games last season and he gives the side a different option (he runs behind the back line, his diagonal running is fantastic). Much more likely that Tello and Pedro's time at Barcelona will come to an end.

Yup well 19 in the league alone!
    (that's a flattering way of saying 21 in all competitions)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Luiz has cut his hair before the WC.

Ah no, I'm kinda glad we got rid now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Just checked, photos are fake.

Sounds like the madrid paper randomly trying to stir ****, I very much doubt he would be that cheap.

How can I report your signature? It is clearly not true, they let me in :D

Had to let someone in to educate the Luddite's :D

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Just checked, photos are fake.

Yup, just seen this

Bpy6e3dIMAAl2eI.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I know what's going on.
    It's all explained in this short video.
    (The quality may be terrible but I believe I get my theory across!)

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Fackin Hell, announce some signing.
    Chelsea will have to provide my football entertainment for the next ten year cause the national side looks bleak

Has anyone signed yet?

P.S. I watched the Irish game up until the 3rd goal, expected them to get beat by 6 +

• Advertisement

Supposedly the clause is :
    “According to Spanish newspaper Sport, Arsenal are entitled to 50% of the profit on any transfer Fabregas makes for a fee over £26m”

That clears that up anyway

doing the rounds , chelsea fans waiting for the fabregas and costa deals

Bp1SuyuCIAE1Pev.jpg

I honestly dont thin kwe'll announce anything until Spain are out, so not until mid July :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

It seems the loan deal for Kalas with Cologne is supposed to be for 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Techless wrote: »
    It seems the loan deal for Kalas with Cologne is supposed to be for 2 years.

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaake

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement