Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    :eek:

Ya big eejit :pac: the place would be going mad if we signed Pogba.

One can dream I suppose.

In my defense, I'm horrendously hungover today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

duploelabs wrote: »
    I actually checked! tsk :p

Well I got a lol out of it anyway:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

In my defense, I'm horrendously hungover today

And that's one hell of a track list on the member mixes page

peteeeed wrote: »
    And that's one hell of a track list on the member mixes page

Thanks dude, never had such a bad case of sophie's choice tracklisting it but that's why I'm doing three parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

GK Couirtois/Cech.
    RB Ivan.
    CB Cahill.
    CB Jt.
    LB Azpi.
    CM Matic.
    CM Cesc.
    AM Willy.
    AM Oscar.
    AM Hazard.
    CF Costa.

That system is good IMO as long as Fabregas can be disciplined in that CM role beside Matic. We will have Willian, Oscar and Hazard as 3 offensive midfielders so Fabregas cant really be another gung-ho midfielder if we are to play this 4-2-3-1 shape.. Im not sure thats Cesc's game to be honest. Although against weaker sides (especially at home) I see no reason not to do this, I think at times in previous years we've been guilty of playing too many defensive minded midfielders in some games where they weren't needed.

GK Couirtois/Cech.
    RB Ivan.
    CB Cahill.
    CB JT.
    LB Azpi.
    CDM Matic.
    CM Ramires/Oscar.
    CM Cesc.
    RW Willy.
    LW Hazard.
    CF Costa.

Id prefer this 4-3-3 if it was me picking the team. I know it means Oscar probably misses out, but we've just signed Cesc for close to £30million so I want to see him used in his proper position (a CM role that allows him to push forward a lot). This should be our system for the big games IMO as it should allow us to have a greater control of midfield surely with 2 very good ball playing midfielders in Matic and Cesc. Keeping quality possession is where Ramires has been letting us down and id prefer if he was out of the side completely but I dont see it happening.

I mostly agree with this and what I am about to say will likely split the fans on here but honestly I am now at the stage where we should be selling Lukaku on.

Either way 1 CF is the way forward and when Costa gets on his feet I doubt Lukaku will be anywhere near a shout apart from cup games and the odd appearance here and there.

It's best for him if he moves too and I'd rather see him move on (not to a rival) and better his career to live up to the undoubted potential the guy has. I'd much rather that than to be a part of him being another one of those what could have been players if he stays and gets benched.

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Big talk from Petr agent, hes after naming drop every big club in Europe, even Bayern who have, IMO, the best G.K. in the world. :pac:

He'd get in ahead of pretty much everyother keeper in the world though, especially at Barca, Real, PSG or Monaco.

Big talk from Petr agent, hes after naming drop every big club in Europe, even Bayern who have, IMO, the best G.K. in the world. :pac:

He'd get in ahead of pretty much everyother keeper in the world though, especially at Barca, Real, PSG or Monaco.

they have the best goalie/sweeper in the world

a goalkeeper who has just had shoulder surgery is a hard sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Cech's agent: 'Jose hasn't told Petr to find a new club'

Petr Cech's agent claims that Paris Saint-Germain and Monaco have both contacted him about the Chelsea goalkeeper, but he insists that they have not been told that his future lies away from Stamford Bridge.
    The 32-year-old Czech star has been Chelsea number one for a decade after joining from French side Rennes, and he has long been regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the world.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/9369867/Transfer-news-Petr-Cech-s-agent-says-he-does-not-want-to-leave-Chelsea-but-clubs-are-interested

a goalkeeper who has just had shoulder surgery is a hard sell

True but hes due back within the next 2/3 weeks to training which will probably be the same as Courtois, if Belguim go out against Argentina and hes given 7-10 days off afterwards.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's being reported that Thorgan Hazard is off to Borussia Moenchengladbach for the season. Seems more of a sideways move than a progression. Would prefer to see him get some PL experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Yea would agree outside of just two clubs really the Bundesliga is pretty poor from a footballing point of view. Great fans excellent stadiums but a poor enough standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Looks like Madrid have got Toni Kroos. At least he wont be going to United and strengthening them.

Suarez to Barca looks like it'll happen too so thats Liverpool considerably weakened.. if they arent clever with how they use the Suarez money they could end up like Spurs did last season after selling Bale! (Outside Champions League places)

Any of you fine folk going to Garth Brooks?

If you are or are planning to, sahme on ye. :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I just don't get people who like Garth Brooks. The same people who signed up for line dancing classes in the mid-90s. Even as a 10/11-year-old I couldn't see the fun in that.

Have we signed Pogba yet?

Have we signed Pogba yet?

Nice try.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A

• Advertisement

Get a LB in and the summer is sorted for us in terms of incoming players, Id guess.

its not fair , i had me pink cowboy hat , boots and a pallet of west coast cooler bought for the train

its not fair , i had me pink cowboy hat , boots and a pallet of west coast cooler bought for the train

I've just realised I've got friends in low places

How has Garth Brooks sold 400,000 tickets for shows in Ireland? :P thats 10% of the country... :P

She who must be obeyed was trying to talk me into going with her, I had to point out as nicely as I could that there was not enough beer in all of the pubs in Dublin for me to drink in order to get drunk enough to go to that :D.

Also she refused to come to Green Day with me a few years back so used that chip.....

It is quite amazing though that he has sold 400,000 tickets that really is an achievement.

I do hope this is BS

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/07/03/chelsea-to-offload-new-boy-kurt-zouma-in-monaco-loan-spell/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=chelsea-to-offload-new-boy-kurt-zouma-in-monaco-loan-spell

Why would we loan anyone to Monaco (unless they loan us Falcao in return for a season of course or beteer again Falcao and Rodriguez), they decide they like him and offer him mega bucks tax free to move its just nuts. If Zouma is good enough to hold down a place in Monaco he is good enough to back up JT and Cahill.

• Advertisement

yea WAGNH reporting it too, though with little faith which makes sense he really would need to sign a new contract first or else just sell him

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/7/3/5867393/chelsea-fc-transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-atletico-madrid-loan-agreed?

Just on Costa :
    Mourinho continues the excellent work that Simeone has started and that Costa’s rapid rate of improvement does not stop. He may be borderline mental, completely imperfect and at times a little too aggressive, but he is a goal scorer physically built for Premier League football. It will take time for him to adapt; given the general divide surrounding his signing the jury is certainly out

Sums it up, the guy is likely to get banned at some stage but if he fires us to a title and doesnt take a chunk out of an opponent he'll be alright by me.

Just on Costa :

Sums it up, the guy is likely to get banned at some stage but if he fires us to a title and doesnt take a chunk out of an opponent he'll be alright by me.

our new david speedie/dennis wise

http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/transfer-specials

Some interesting odds in the mix there. The punters seem to be backing Hazard to PSG. Not happening this summer I'd say but if it does, it's hardly a step in the right direction for him. I'd wish him all the best in a move to one of the long-standing clubs who actually have a direction and can become more than the sum of their parts. PSG are very much less than the sum of their parts at the moment and I don't see that changing for another 3-4 seasons.

I reckon he'll smash up the PL next season for us and we'll see about whether a decent offer comes in at that stage.

• Advertisement

Its a huge season fir Hazard, the talent is there to push towards the best players in the world but he needs a bit more consistency and needs more goals and assists.

I Could be being very critical of him but he has the talent but he needs to apply himself more and not flirt with games, hes still only young but the way the team is taking shape we're a lot more than a 1 dimensional threat now.

Cesc, Costa provides two big foils for teams to think about, couple that with Oscar, Willian and you;ve got a very danegrous attacking 5.

13/8 for Baines to us!!!
    http://www.paddypower.com/football/football-specials/transfer-specials

Some interesting odds in the mix there. The punters seem to be backing Hazard to PSG. Not happening this summer I'd say but if it does, it's hardly a step in the right direction for him. I'd wish him all the best in a move to one of the long-standing clubs who actually have a direction and can become more than the sum of their parts. PSG are very much less than the sum of their parts at the moment and I don't see that changing for another 3-4 seasons.

I reckon he'll smash up the PL next season for us and we'll see about whether a decent offer comes in at that stage.

And Schurrle! :pac: I've a feeling I'm going to be his main advocate for his Chelsea career...

Hazard is a huge talent and I do think he will be considered as one of the best in the game in years to come. At the moment, the reasons he could end up being sold are glaringly obvious. He's one of those from the Messi/Ronaldo mould who refuse to track back. When they lose the ball, that's it, there's no follow up attempt to win it back or anything. Just go down like a bag of cement and stay there until tracking back is useless. He's more than capable of tracking back and winning the ball, it's as though he just forgets that's what he's supposed to do.

Then there's his defensive ability. Em, defensive inability. I'm not sure defensive awareness can be taught but he seriously has to work on that part of his game if he's staying with us. The most glaring example was the UCL SF where he was about 6 or 7 yards off his man, having followed him all the way back to the box. I'm not saying that alone cost us the match - the Eto'o penalty was a far worse offence in my book. It just shows a total lack of defensive ability.

We all know what that means when you're playing in a Mourinho side.

13/8 for Baines to us!!!
    I don't think he'd be happy being fourth (fifth!?) choice for LB after (Luis?), Dave, PVA and Bertrand but whatever.

I've just noticed that BBC are listing the signing of Costa as a confirmed transfer. The club hasn't announced it as such yet, just terms agreed with Atleti so far...

I've just noticed that BBC are listing the signing of Costa as a confirmed transfer. The club hasn't announced it as such yet, just terms agreed with Atleti so far...

Barring a miracle or disaster, its pretty much done if the club say an agreement is reached.

I dont think anyone will be backing out now, I just hope we dont loan out Lukaku.

Having 1 good CF isnt good enough in this league, if Costa gets knackered we're back to no goals Torres, Ba or a young fella.

Schurrle!

Yes Schurrle but I'd want Costa, Lukaku and Schurrle, in that order.

Loaning Lukaku would be madness, tell him strap on a pair and grow the f**k up and fight for his place, this isnt WBA or Everton.

Wonder who will take penalties for us? Costa or Hazard?

Costa missed somethig like 4 or 5 last year.

If it comes down to who grabs the ball and won let go nobody is going to wrestle it from Costas grip :pac:

The EPL is getting rid of one mad man and another looks to be arriving, thankfully hes ours this time, as long as he doesnt spit, bite, stamp, elbow etc people I'll be ok with his physical play if its within the rulebook

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Loaning Lukaku to Atletico is craziness if it is actually happening. If he's good enough to replace Costa there he should be good enough to create competition for him at Stamford Bridge.

Yes Schurrle but I'd want Costa, Lukaku and Schurrle, in that order.

Loaning Lukaku would be madness, tell him strap on a pair and grow the f**k up and fight for his place, this isnt WBA or Everton.

Ah no, I agree 100%. Have been towing the keep Lukaku line as well. I'm just a bit Schurrle crazy atm with his WC performances. I think he's really going to shine next season for us and I hope he gets plenty of starts.
    Schurrle! Has to be Hazard for me for now anyway.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Loaning Lukaku to Atletico is craziness if it is actually happening. If he's good enough to replace Costa there he should be good enough to create competition for him at Stamford Bridge.

It all depends on Lukaku, he either wants to stay and signs a new deal or pulls another stroppy and gets sold this time, ball is in his court.

We cant give guarntee him 1st team football but in a near 60 game season he'll get plenty of football and unlike last year he'll be at the very least 2nd choice this year.

just about buy out clauses, seeing as we've met Costas apparently.
    A buy-out clause... sets a figure for which the player can buy his way out of his current deal with the club. They are mandatory in Spain but are rarely triggered for a variety of reasons: the release figure can be set at a level far beyond market value; an apparent gentleman's agreement between the Spanish clubs not to destabilise each others' players; and considerable tax and logistical complexities. The tax issues arise as the money technically must come from the player, resulting in the "buying club" having to transfer money to the player, who then has to pass it on to the "selling club".

Bargain :
    Atletico's statement on the Costa deal isn't at all definitive, but based on my interpretation of the statement and the solid relationship the two clubs have established over the past three seasons, I think it's reasonably safe to assume that Chelsea paid Atletico a transfer fee of £31,999,999.99, thus avoiding the buyout taxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hazard without a doubt. He didn't miss a single penalty last year. He's one of the best penalty takers at the minute IMO. Sends the keeper the wrong way and just rolls the ball into the net every time.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Lukker- wrote: »
    Hazard without a doubt. He didn't miss a single penalty last year. He's one of the best penalty takers at the minute IMO. Sends the keeper the wrong way and just rolls the ball into the net every time.

Hes very confident alright, he usually runs up straight on not giving away to much and waits until the keeper flinches and goes the other way.

Watch most of his penalties, he walks up to the ball with eyes on the keeper, right down to the moment he hits the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hes very confident alright, he usually runs up straight on not giving away to much and waits until the keeper flinches and goes the other way.

Watch most of his penalties, he walks up to the ball with eyes on the keeper, right down to the moment he hits the ball.

I'm fairly sure he's only missed the one for us since he arrived. His very first penalty, against Nordjaeslland I think.

He didnt score in open play for us since about end of Feb start of March, those are the kind of numbers that need to be increased.

I mean for a small comparison, had Suarez taking penalties this year he'd probably have had 40 goals in the league. :eek:

Id rather we sold Lukaku now than loaned him again... what the fcuk is wrong with him? Its like he expects to be handed the role of being no1 striker at Chelsea, he hasnt proved that hes good enough yet IMO, come back and fight for your place..

An arrogant clown is what Lukaku is

• Advertisement

Reports in Croatia that Mandzukic is going to join Atletico for €18m soon enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement