Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Reports in Croatia that Mandzukic is going to join Atletico for €18m soon enough.
    Should end the Lukaku rumours if it happens. Although, it would also end the Torres rumours unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Should end the Lukaku rumours if it happens. Although, it would also end the Torres rumours unfortunately.

What Suarez going sell him back to the Pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Reports in Croatia that Mandzukic is going to join Atletico for €18m soon enough.

That's a steal, think we may have missed a trick by not going for him instead.

Mandzukic is only a rumour nothing confirmed yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Mandzukic report is more than likely rubbish. No way Bayern would sell for only €18million surely?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mandzukic report is more than likely rubbish. No way Bayern would sell for only €18million surely?

He's in the last year of his contract so itll be around €20m I'd say.

Ya, last year of the contract would dictate alot, just look towards RVPs deal and youve got probably the absolute premium a player will go for in the last year of his deal. 15-18m will probably be what he goes for.

Rumours suggesting that Ba to Galatasray will be wrapped up in the coming days since Prandelli gas been appointment.

So we will then be left with Costa, Lukaku, Torres as striking options (maybe Bamford)? Not sure we can go into the season with Costa and Torres as our options for the CF position, surely that would mean Lukaku will stay?

Assuming that as we dont seem to be linked with strikers other than Costa?

Ba would be easier to sell than Torres so a front 3 of Costa, Lukaku, Torres with Schurrle and Cesc as last resorts would be great, IMO

• Advertisement

Jesus lads our squad is worth loads now.. players that will more than likely be in the squad next season and what they cost:

Torres - £50million
    Costa - £32million
    Hazard - £32million
    Willian - £32million
    Fabregas - £27million
    Oscar - £25million
    Matic - £22million
    Lukaku - £20million
    Ramires - £18million
    Schurrle - £18million
    Mikel - £16million
    Zouma - £12million
    Salah - £12million
    Ivanovic - £9million
    Van Ginkel - £8million
    Cech - £7million
    Cahill - £7million
    Azpilicueta - £7million
    Couirtois - £6million
    Schwarzer - FREE
    Terry - ACADEMY

Thats 21 players id expect to be in the squad next season and they cost a total of £360million :eek: an average of around £17million per player :eek:

If you leave out the defenders and goalkeepers then we have £312million worth of midfield and forward talent averaging at around £24million per player... we better not have trouble scoring goals next season...

We've actually bought very well in terms of our goalkeepers and defenders considering they only cost £48million between them!

Next season more than any other I can ever remember, there is no excuse for not winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

A young Raquel Welch, circa 1972, wearing a Chelsea kit. Life doesn't get much better than this.
    Raquel_1.jpg

And another one.
    Raquel_3.jpg

And an explanation for the shots.
    Raquel_4.jpg

Jesus lads our squad is worth loads now.. players that will more than likely be in the squad next season and what they cost:

Torres - £50million
    Costa - £32million
    Hazard - £32million
    Willian - £32million
    Fabregas - £27million
    Oscar - £25million
    Matic - £22million
    Lukaku - £20million
    Ramires - £18million
    Schurrle - £18million
    Mikel - £16million
    Zouma - £12million
    Salah - £12million
    Ivanovic - £9million
    Van Ginkel - £8million
    Cech - £7million
    Cahill - £7million
    Azpilicueta - £7million
    Couirtois - £6million
    Schwarzer - FREE
    Terry - ACADEMY

Thats 21 players id expect to be in the squad next season and they cost a total of £360million :eek: an average of around £17million per player :eek:

If you leave out the defenders and goalkeepers then we have £312million worth of midfield and forward talent averaging at around £24million per player... we better not have trouble scoring goals next season...

We've actually bought very well in terms of our goalkeepers and defenders considering they only cost £48million between them!

Next season more than any other I can ever remember, there is no excuse for not winning the league.

That figure is going crop up when we play burnley leicester etc etc next year :pac:

That figure is going crop up when we play burnley leicester etc etc next year :pac:

We dont get as much stick about it lately cos of City, but its actually worse than ever :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

What is Torres worth now though? We know what he cost us, but realistically, if we were to sell him, what would be the asking price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

A packet of wine gums. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Some glue

cadaliac wrote: »
    What is Torres worth now though? We know what he cost us, but realistically, if we were to sell him, what would be the asking price?

2 years left on a huge contract, 30, we'd be lucky to get 10m, 12m max on Torres.

Although at this rate he could just be loaned out next year, if we sell Ba for value, probably 8-12m, loaning out Torres and taking a portion of his wages off the books would be worth it.

If we've only got Costa and Lukaku in the squad next year I'd be happy, gives both plenty games to get goals as the 2 main options with Cesc and Schurrle waiting in the wings for a different approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

If we've only got Costa and Lukaku in the squad next year I'd be happy, gives both plenty games to get goals as the 2 main options with Cesc and Schurrle waiting in the wings for a different approach.

doesnt look good....
    Chelsea have agreed to loan out Romelu Lukaku to Atlético Madrid next season and he will join after World Cup. (Source: El Confidencial)

Think I seen a tweet last night or a quote from his agent saying there was nothing in it.

Reamins to be seen, loaning him out without signing a new deal would be stupid.

Didnt Valdes fail a medical at Monaco recently? Could be the perfect time for Cech to head to Monaco. ;)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

El Confidential have totally backtracked on that story so wherever he ends up, I doubt it'll be Atletico.

El Confidential have totally backtracked on that story so wherever he ends up, I doubt it'll be Atletico.

If he signed an extension before going I'd have no problem with him going to anybody in the world.

After all we're taken Costa, probably Luis and we've got Courtois too, thats before we mention Tiago.

We'll have a quarter of the Atleti starting team in our 11 next year it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

If he signed an extension before going I'd have no problem with him going to anybody in the world.

After all we're taken Costa, probably Luis and we've got Courtois too, thats before we mention Tiago.

We'll have a quarter of the Atleti starting team in our 11 next year it seems.

If Tiago plays >10 games next season, over the midfielders we already have, I'll cry.

Also, he's going to restrict the development of Van Ginkel and all of the yoof academy too.
    Stick loftus cheek on for cup games, seeing out won games etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Beecher report saying we've broken even for transfers this year
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2095607-chelsea-fc-are-the-blues-spending-wisely-in-2014

micknail wrote: »
    If Tiago plays >10 games next season, over the midfielders we already have, I'll cry.

Also, he's going to restrict the development of Van Ginkel and all of the yoof academy too.
    Stick loftus cheek on for cup games, seeing out won games etc.

He'll be lucky to play 10 I'd reckon.

If we sign him and Luis I reckon our summer spedning will be done, pending what Lukaku does so says he stays.

That leaves our 18man match day squad as below

Courtois

Azp, Cahill, JT, Luis,

Matic, Cesc, Oscar

Hazard, Costa, Wilian

Cech
    Ivan, Zouma
    Tiago, Ramires
    Schurrle
    Lukaku

Thats what I'd pick, leaves room for Mikel to be sold, Torres or Ba too, Salah will struggle to get in ahead of those we already have. Lukaku might go yet but for now I've included him and the 2 Atleti players, if not throw Ivan RB, Azp LB and add PVA to the bench, Mikel in place of Tiago.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Beecher report saying we've broken even for transfers this year
    http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2095607-chelsea-fc-are-the-blues-spending-wisely-in-2014

103million for De Bruyne, Mata and Luiz and we've bought in Costa, Cesc, Salah, Matic and Zouma?

Excellent value. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 calum22

Azpi best value for money certianly!

Yup, great FB and if he was RB we'd have one of the finest RBs in the league, miles better than Ivanovic

• Registered Users Posts: 23 calum22

Think the focus should be for a established left back and then maybe a young left back as well. Cant have azpi left back again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

calum22 wrote: »
    Think the focus should be for a established left back and then maybe a young left back as well. Cant have azpi left back again

I think it's just a matter of time before Filipe Luis is done, I reckon we will pay close enough to the release clause of £19million though. Atletico seem adamant that the release clause is met or he won't be leaving. Unless we give them Lukaku on loan and they knock down the Luis price to £15million but I hope that doesn't happen.

calum22 wrote: »

Luis and PVA wouldnt be a bad combo although selling Bertrand drops the Home Grown player stats and after releasing Lamps and Cole thats not great but I dont think Bertrand has a future with us at all.

Johner wrote: »
    I think it's just a matter of time before Filipe Luis is done, I reckon we will pay close enough to the release clause of £19million though. Atletico seem adamant that the release clause is met or he won't be leaving. Unless we give them Lukaku on loan and they knock down the Luis price to £15million but I hope that doesn't happen.

Could do a deal with torres on loan where we pay 50% + of his wages for the year and get Luis for a bit cheaper but I imagine theyed prefer Lukaku alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Hey guys

Planning to take my japanese friend to a Chelsea game, would like Swansea / Aston Villa

Anyone got any suggestions as to where to get tickets or than viagogo? preferably together

some travel packages are a rip off, i can save so much by getting hotel, flights and ticket seperately I think

What do you guys use to go to matches?

Could do a deal with torres on loan where we pay 50% + of his wages for the year and get Luis for a bit cheaper but I imagine theyed prefer Lukaku alright.

Even us paying 50% his wages would be too high probs?

Johner wrote: »
    Wasn't Gav (or else someone on twitter) saying that Spanish buy-out clauses are complicated because they are different from release clauses?

Anyway, the way they operate in Spain is that the money technically has to come from the player who buys out the remainder of the contract. In effect, the purchasing club pays the player the money who then buys the contract out but it has tax implications etc. so it takes a bit of wrangling. Also, the buy-out clauses are generally set at a level that overvalues the player.

I'm not surprised Atletico are sticking to their guns re the sums because their team is being picked apart at the moment, predominantly by us. It has the feel of what's happening to Soton at the moment but I think Atletico are going to be in a better position overall at the end of it. They will need to spend whatever income they get wisely but I reckon Simeone is reasonably shrewd. (That's part of the reason I think Torres will be at SB next season too. Can't imagine AM agreeing to pay real money for him. Maybe they'd pay us in UT coins?)

Hey guys

Planning to take my japanese friend to a Chelsea game, would like Swansea / Aston Villa

Anyone got any suggestions as to where to get tickets or than viagogo? preferably together

some travel packages are a rip off, i can save so much by getting hotel, flights and ticket seperately I think

What do you guys use to go to matches?
    The cheapest and easiest way to do it is to avoid PL/European games. Go for a League Cup or FA Cup game if that suits. If there are time constraints, then there are ways and means with social media including boards but it's really luck of the draw at that stage.

Wasn't Gav (or else someone on twitter) saying that Spanish buy-out clauses are complicated because they are different from release clauses?

Anyway, the way they operate in Spain is that the money technically has to come from the player who buys out the remainder of the contract. In effect, the purchasing club pays the player the money who then buys the contract out but it has tax implications etc. so it takes a bit of wrangling. Also, the buy-out clauses are generally set at a level that overvalues the player.

I'm not surprised Atletico are sticking to their guns re the sums because their team is being picked apart at the moment, predominantly by us. It has the feel of what's happening to Soton at the moment but I think Atletico are going to be in a better position overall at the end of it. They will need to spend whatever income they get wisely but I reckon Simeone is reasonably shrewd. (That's part of the reason I think Torres will be at SB next season too. Can't imagine AM agreeing to pay real money for him. Maybe they'd pay us in UT coins?)

This.

But often when a player wants out and the club accepts (like Costa) they will accept an amount equal to that clause.

Where as the mancs and Herrera had to pay a ton of tax also. As Bilbao didnt want to let him go

• Advertisement

The cheapest and easiest way to do it is to avoid PL/European games. Go for a League Cup or FA Cup game if that suits. If there are time constraints, then there are ways and means with social media including boards but it's really luck of the draw at that stage.

Cheers,

I was hoping a lower key premier league game would be doable.

Ill have to hope i get lucky!

Abbey Sports want 380e for one nights hotel and a match ticket... thats robbery

I posted a link about it yesterday but the Spanish buy out clauses are a nightmare.

Apparently Loftus-Cheek has signed an extension with us.

Cheers,

I was hoping a lower key premier league game would be doable.

Ill have to hope i get lucky!

Abbey Sports want 380e for one nights hotel and a match ticket... thats robbery

Best bet is to pay £50 for 2 memberships and you can buy tickets then yourself, save ya over paying for tickets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Best bet is to pay £50 for 2 memberships and you can buy tickets then yourself, save ya over paying for tickets.
    This is what I did when I brought my father over last year for the Southampton game and it was definitely worth it. Not locked in to any package deal and was free to sort my own accommodation (at decent rates) and transport.

AdMMM wrote: »
    This is what I did when I brought my father over last year for the Southampton game and it was definitely worth it. Not locked in to any package deal and was free to sort my own accommodation (at decent rates) and transport.

Ya, even if you only go once a season its worth it. Those package deals are robbery

Cheers for this.

if anybody here has membership, id be happy to donate a cost to their membership if they let me buy two tickets off it?

Im in my 4th year in Uni so money is so tight 50 quid is a stretch.

I havent renewed mine yet, going to do it later in the month but somebody maybe able to help ya.

Those games wont be on sale yet anyway.

I havent renewed mine yet, going to do it later in the month but somebody maybe able to help ya.

Those games wont be on sale yet anyway.

Aye, im just trying to plan ahead so as not to disappoint him.

Cheers for all the info chaps :D

Aye, im just trying to plan ahead so as not to disappoint him.

Cheers for all the info chaps :D

This gives ya a general idea of whne theyre on sale.

http://www.chelseafc.com/tickets-onsale

Cheers for this.

if anybody here has membership, id be happy to donate a cost to their membership if they let me buy two tickets off it?

Im in my 4th year in Uni so money is so tight 50 quid is a stretch.
    I have a membership but if you're looking for two tickets together, it can be awkward as you can see from Gav's link. You're only allowed one ticket to begin with. That said, I'm unlikely to be going to the Swansea or Villa games so maybe between a few of us you'll get sorted.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement