Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I should have two memberships active by the end of the month, trying to hold off paying for it until I really need to as I'm still questionnable over the first home game, I want to go but I'm not sure if i can do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I have a membership but if you're looking for two tickets together, it can be awkward as you can see from Gav's link. You're only allowed one ticket to begin with. That said, I'm unlikely to be going to the Swansea or Villa games so maybe between a few of us you'll get sorted.
    You can add memberships to you're friends and family list so if say you were on my list and you weren't going to the next game and I wanted two tickets I could borrow yours to get two seats together and vice versa. I've done this a couple of times and if you wanted to use mine I'd have no problem.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Get over to the CSG forum and start a thread so we can sort stuff like that out. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

6 weeks to the start of the new season lads

Get over to the CSG forum and start a thread so we can sort stuff like that out. :)

Think we could throw it all into the Tickets threads.

I'll post my membership numbers up when I renew, link away all and I'll let ye know what games I'm going to try make so ye dont rob my ticket allocation :pac:

Mikel, Ramires out, Kroos and Cesc in.

CMs of Cesc, Kroos, Matic, MVG

GavRedKing wrote: »

I'll post my membership numbers up when I renew, link away all and I'll let ye know what games I'm going to try make so ye dont rob my ticket allocation :pac:

Great plan I'll post mine when I renew also.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

resized_all-the-things-meme-generator-buy-all-the-tickets-e03253.jpg

I'll put mine up whenever I get them. New memberships take a bit longer so I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Thoughts on Mangala?

Angling more money out of city methinks by throwing admiring glances toward Mourinho.

It's not like the defence is exactly short on centre backs is it?
    (queue injuries for Cahill and JT and me looking like a mong).

Would prefer Vlaar or Besic myself if say Ivanovic was sold, our buying Porto player days are over! Pretty happy the Jackson Martinez rumours have been extinguised, he has had a pretty underwhelming WC in a not so bad side.

Have we signed pogba yet?

Why the fuck isn't Schurrle on the pitch? Who is this Loew lad?

Must be reading this thread whoever he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I'll add my membership details too. I've had great intentions of getting to more games, but it was a grand total of 2 last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Hummels has been immense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Wow take a bow David Luiz! So that's what they paid us all that money for :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

What a goal boom

Happy for our Brazilians but there's no way they deserved that. Neither did Colombia. I should still be watching football.

Hope Schurrle and Germany whack Brazil to be honest (sorry Rami and Oscar)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

I'm so glad Luis is no longer a Chelsea player after tonight ...

what a *******************************************

the_monkey wrote: »

Feeling very anti everything Brazil at the minute too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

at this stage i just can't wait for the EPL to start ... !!!

we have it so lucky , no bs corruption with the FA in fairness..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Thorgan Hazard to Borussia Mönchengladbach on loan. Good move for him, thought he might get a PL loan but hopefully he can push on and prove himself.

Courtois routed to the spot with that one, well done gonzo!

Ah well looks like our Belgium boys will be coming back early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    wonder wll that world cup experience bring Lukaku down to earth a bit?

It'd want to, dont think hes good enough to be Chelsea's leading striker anyway.. happy weve got Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

the_monkey wrote: »

Funny how sentiment on Sideshow changed. I'm happy enough he's moved on. He turned out to be a liability in the latter stages of the UCL - that OG and shoving that player under Cech against Athletico. I think he's more of a tournament glory hunter than a player who'll dig it out over a whole season.

All those overwrought celebrations, including Luiz pointing his fingers up to heaven for two minutes!, have turned me right off Brazil. Too much playing to the gallery. I'm plumping for NL, even though we're not represented in their squad.

Overall, hasn't been a great WC for CFC players. Hazard in fits and starts, Lukaku failing to convince, the Spanish lads quite underwhelming, Oscar fine (at least he's being played).

Courtois though looks the part. Schurrle is having a fine tournament.

Overall though, Jose should find it relatively easy to mould the next squad as the egos have been tempered by mediocre WCs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

McDave wrote: »
    Funny how sentiment on Sideshow changed...

I definitely still have a soft spot for him, would have been happy to see him stay if it wasn't for the ridiculous fee they offered.

• Advertisement

Yeah I agree, very fond of auld luiz but couldn't turn down 50 million for him.

Whats the chances of Schurrle and Willian starting in the WC Semi Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Cant think why Schurrle is not playing looks very dangerous when he is on the pitch, maybe Lowe wants him as an impact sub but for me he should start, should be a starter for us next season as well.

Cant think why Schurrle is not playing looks very dangerous when he is on the pitch, maybe Lowe wants him as an impact sub but for me he should start, should be a starter for us next season as well.

Schurrle has fluffed 2 huge 1 on 1's though when hes come on, could have killed off France and Algeria but the chances on his left leg were poor enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9374176/transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-yet-to-make-decision-over-chelsea-future

His only decision should be to stop doing media interviews!

Come back, play pre-season, watch as we sell off either Torres or Ba, then fight it out over the season for starting striker!

LanceStorm wrote: »
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9374176/transfer-news-romelu-lukaku-yet-to-make-decision-over-chelsea-future

His only decision should be to stop doing media interviews!

Come back, play pre-season, watch as we sell off either Torres or Ba, then fight it out over the season for starting striker!

he is turning into harry redknapp , the mics on, he talks

Ba is likely to be sold so that leaves us with 3 different options up front in Costa, Lukaku and Torres.

I think if we sign Luis our incomes will be pretty much done for the summer.

We'll see a few leave alright though.

Schurrle has fluffed 2 huge 1 on 1's though when hes come on, could have killed off France and Algeria but the chances on his left leg were poor enough.

True but I think some of that is being ring rusty but on the really positive side he got himself into the right positions which is more than was happening before he came on.

The 2 semi finals are finely balanced.

I want to see a Brazil v Argentina final with Argentina winning though.

• Advertisement

Ashley to sign for Roma.

Ashley to sign for Roma.

Hope he does well been great for us and a legend to the end didn't go North :D

The 2 semi finals are finely balanced.

I want to see a Brazil v Argentina final with Argentina winning though.

Don't like the way Brazil play I really hope Germany tear them a new one, though it is unlikely the refs will allow that

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

I agree about Brazil. Puerile football.

Deutschland to win, I hope.

At any stage Brazil go out there could be trouble in the country btu imagine fi they lose a final :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    I agree about Brazil. Puerile football.

Deutschland to win, I hope.

Silva and Neymar are a huge loss for Brazil, dunno if Willian can fill those boots adequately

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Silva and Neymar are a huge loss for Brazil, dunno if Willian can fill those boots adequately

How Hulk is still playing is beyond me, hes useless.

It could be Willian and Dante in for Silva and Neymar, both downgrades on those theyre replacing, especially Dante if he plays.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

But I cant see Brasil's philosophy changing. However with yet another kind referee they may well advance to the final.
    I dont know about Hulk. He has improved ( admittedly from an awful starting point.

He could be "The man".

Argentina, for me, are the most cohesive team, whilst Deutschland are still the most inventive and creative. Would love to see Klose break the record. With our own André doing very well too.

Its been good.

nb.. anyone else think that Gustavo looks awfully like "the other guy" from Frankie Goes to Hollywood?

Well pre season starts tomorrow for us. Bar the players left in the WC and the Belgians it should be a fairly full session unless players have been given extra time away by the club. I'd say the Belgians will be back in 10-14 days max.

TBH we dont really need Markovic.

It would have been a good option but our squad is top heavy with attacking wide players that could double up as CF's and with Costa coming in and if we're hopeful to keep Lukaku, bringing in Markovic would be bad for us and him too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement