Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well pre season starts tomorrow for us. Bar the players left in the WC and the Belgians it should be a fairly full session unless players have been given extra time away by the club. I'd say the Belgians will be back in 10-14 days max.

I do hope Haz and Courtois get a little longer they have just had a hard long season, I assume they got a week or so off before the world cup but Haz needs a bit of rest. Perhaps get them back in time to run around a bit in the Vitesse game.

As for Lukaku he needs to learn just because a microphone is stuck in front of you that does not mean you have to speak. I am more than a little sick of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I do hope Haz and Courtois get a little longer they have just had a hard long season, I assume they got a week or so off before the world cup but Haz needs a bit of rest. Perhaps get them back in time to run around a bit in the Vitesse game.

As for Lukaku he needs to learn just because a microphone is stuck in front of you that does not mean you have to speak. I am more than a little sick of him.

Its good that Lukaku speaks his mind but sometimes you have to reel in the neck and wait until you speak to the club or Jose about things.

Ideally the club would liek to keep him long term, you'd imagine, but going out spouting some of the stuff he has doesnt do him any favours.

Free squad numbers this year, 3, 5, 6, 8, 13, 17, 18, 20, 29 - 46.

Although that doesnt include the guys coming back from loan who'll take up 1st team numbers and some fo the U21/Youths who have very high squad numbers.

I dont think anyone will get 8 in a hurry and 25 is retired.

Pogba can have 6 when he joins ;)

Diego Costa can take his pick and Luis can have 3.

Courtois will wear 13.

Sorted. :D

No Give Costa 8 Lamps is a legend but time and Tide as they say

I would love Lukaku to have this much passion for Chelsea instead of being an over paid cry baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4R6UfWt0Og

Think he was a little upset being (correctly) sent off

Or take 9 from Torres and tell him switch or feck off :pac:

Or take 9 from Torres and tell him switch or feck off :pac:

I had thought of that but then thought we couldn't do that to him could we ......

I had thought of that but then thought we couldn't do that to him could we ......

If it was AVB he'd probably have done it, getting rid of Alex, Anelka was huge.

Although Malouda was allowed to take a year out while his contract ran down, Torres being on double that money, its less likely to happen IMO.

I'd say one of Torres or Ba will be sold and the talk is its Ba.

Bayern have signed Juan Bernat from Valencia, Kroos to Real is only a matter of time it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Bayern have signed Juan Bernat from Valencia, Kroos to Real is only a matter of time it seems.

It looks like we may well have actually been in for him but he's chosen Real over us.

Lukker- wrote: »
    It looks like we may well have actually been in for him but he's chosen Real over us.

Ya, its a shame really as I think he would have been an excellent foil for us.

We'd have had to have sold Ramires and Mikel to make space and I'd have jumped at it as i think he offers something neither of those can.

A 3 man Cm of Kroos, Cesc and Matic would have been exceptional.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Ya, its a shame really as I think he would have been an excellent foil for us.

We'd have had to have sold Ramires and Mikel to make space and I'd have jumped at it as i think he offers something neither of those can.

A 3 man Cm of Kroos, Cesc and Matic would have been exceptional.

Hope Oscar gets a chance there but I doubt it.. likely Ramires will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Br9Rw9XIEAAL8-M.jpg

Good luck to him! Legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Sky news reporting Luiz is going to captain Brazil. Could we have got more if we held out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Sky news reporting Luiz is going to captain Brazil. Could we have got more if we held out?

Possibly, PSG are crazy too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Tubbs4 wrote: »

Hardly, one of the reasons he looks good for Brazil is he's beside one the elites in Thiago Silva.

He'll be the leader of the defense for the semi final, don't be surprised to see Germany demolish Brazil with him there

Total guess work but listen :

Barca want Suarez
    Sanchez wants Juve
    Juve cant afford Sanchez
    We buy Pogba.

Everyone is happy. :pac:

Traore is going to spend another season with Vitesse.

Daily Fail saying Cole is taking a 160k a week paycut to play for Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Daily Fail saying Cole is taking a 160k a week paycut to play for Roma.

So he's nearly playing for free? Surely a paycut to 160k?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I taught I read somewhere that he was going to get 40 k a week off Roma, don't think he was on 160 k with us even.

He was meant to be on 120k but the Daily Fail reported he was on 200k for his last year, which as far as I can tell was a load of balls.

I am starting to understand how Henry II felt about Thomas Becket now with Lukaku.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/8/5879427/romelu-lukaku-chelsea-transfer-atletico-madrid-juventus-monaco?

Will anyone rid me of this troublesome striker, I must say I am sick of hearing his complaining. Does he honestly think he is good enough to walk into any team that is capable of challenging for the Champions League - not a chance. He might in a few years but not at the moment I wish we would just get rid of him now. As the article says if he does not back himself against Ba and Torres to get serious game time with one of the best sides in Europe then let him run away to be a big fish in a little pond like KdB.

If he was sold you're probably talking 20-25million.

That would go some way in picking up his replacement, we cant go into the new season with Costa, Ba and Torres

He was meant to be on 120k but the Daily Fail reported he was on 200k for his last year, which as far as I can tell was a load of balls.

Yeah, I'd imagine he was on about 150k down to about 35 basic up to 80 with bonuses is what most other papers are reporting.

Fair play though, he definitely had more lucrative deals than that on offer, possibly in the PL. First English player in 20 years to play in Italy. I wish him the very best.

That would go some way in picking up his replacement, we cant go into the new season with Costa, Ba and Torres

I'd prefer to sign a back up striker if Lukaku was sold. Keep one of Torres or Ba as 3rd choice.

• Advertisement

I'd prefer to sign a back up striker if Lukaku was sold. Keep one of Torres or Ba as 3rd choice.

That would be ideal but theyed have to be cheap really.

If PSG are entertaining the idea of bringing in Di Maria, so Real can finance Falcao & Rodriguez, we'll probably be linked with Cavani or Lavezzi, more than likely Lavezzi, PSG have to balance the books somewhere.

God you can just imagine it Costa getting crocked on the 1st September. We are stuck with Torres, he may be pretty poor but at least he tries in fairness so does Ba but we need more a lot more. Ideally get rid of both but either and replace with Lavezzi or Mandzukic, I think Mandzukic might be more suitable for the premier league is possibly better but will certainly be cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I am starting to understand how Henry II felt about Thomas Becket now with Lukaku.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/8/5879427/romelu-lukaku-chelsea-transfer-atletico-madrid-juventus-monaco?

Will anyone rid me of this troublesome striker, I must say I am sick of hearing his complaining. Does he honestly think he is good enough to walk into any team that is capable of challenging for the Champions League - not a chance. He might in a few years but not at the moment I wish we would just get rid of him now. As the article says if he does not back himself against Ba and Torres to get serious game time with one of the best sides in Europe then let him run away to be a big fish in a little pond like KdB.

:D

Just hope that John Terry is not in earshot:D

As long as hes given time to recover from his end of season/WC injury hopefully Costa will be ok.

If he doesnt pull a Soldado on it I'll be happy next year, Soldado only managed 6 league goals last year and for 26million thats fairly pathetic TBH.

you can point to our CF's not scoring too but hopefully Costa is the exception, well for us, I imagine the other 19 teams hope he flops.

I am sure that Costa will be fine but sure injury can happen at any time like poor old Pierluigi Casiraghi wasn't with us a wet weekend when his career was over (the goal against Liverpool though is well remembered by many especially Phil Babb).

If he were injured we would be stuck with Ba and Torres which would be pretty much a replica of last season, we need two strikers who you can trust.

• Advertisement

I am sure that Costa will be fine but sure injury can happen at any time like poor old Pierluigi Casiraghi wasn't with us a wet weekend when his career was over (the goal against Liverpool though is well remembered by many especially Phil Babb).

If he were injured we would be stuck with Ba and Torres which would be pretty much a replica of last season, we need two strikers who you can trust.

The way Jose tried to bring in Cavani, Rooney and eventually Eto'o would make me think he trusts neither Ba or Torres. :pac:

Theres some noise, largely untrusted noise, coming out of Italy about Pogba to Chelsea, mainly so they can get Sanchez.

Nothing concrete at all at all but something to keep an eye on.

IF it happened we'd have to off load a few CM's to make room for Pogba, Matic, Cesc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Theres some noise, largely untrusted noise, coming out of Italy about Pogba to Chelsea, mainly so they can get Sanchez.

Nothing concrete at all at all but something to keep an eye on.

IF it happened we'd have to off load a few CM's to make room for Pogba, Matic, Cesc.
    Either Ramires or Mikel would go the other way I would say

Ya, you'd imagine that one if not both would be sold to balance the books.

Costa - 32
    Cesc - 28
    Luis - 19
    Pogba - 50+

Total 130+ million

Luiz - 50
    Ramires - 25
    Mikel - 15
    Cech - 15

Total 105 million

Looks entirely doable thats before you factor in Ba or Lukaku being sold too, 10 for Ba, 25 for Lukaku.

Costa - 32
    Cesc - 28
    Luis - 19
    Pogba - 50+

Total 130+ million

Luiz - 50
    Ramires - 25
    Mikel - 15
    Cech - 15

Total 105 million

Looks entirely doable thats before you factor in Ba or Lukaku being sold too, 10 for Ba, 25 for Lukaku.

Would love to see Pogba here but will Juve let him go???

We would have had a kitty of ST£60-70m plus a small bit of profit from the January sales so with Luiz going for ST£50m we could possibly afford him as it stands (still can't believe we got that much).

But I would also like to see MvG given a shot so we would need to lose one at least for sure. I dont know which Obi really does nowt for me he seems so much better playing for Nigeria why?? Ram needs to develop a bucket load of common sense at least Obi is dependable. Ram is a better player I think but that is only useful when he is on the pitch rather than banned.

So ST£40m and Ram I wonder if that would float?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I second the MvG motion grumpy has put forward.

Much as I'd love MvG to go in to the team, he needs to be drip fed in to the team. He's missed nearly an entire season through injury and as much as the kids has talent we need players at the top of their game. If we're to sell Rameries and Mikel then we need a replacement who will have the confidence to be be able to rise to the occasion of playing at the top of the EPL and CL, MvG has been playing in our reserves and I'd say the jump up may cause him to falter given that a ACL injury can really hit your confidence as well as your long term physical fitness

duploelabs wrote: »
    Much as I'd love MvG to go in to the team, he needs to be drip fed in to the team. He's missed nearly an entire season through injury and as much as the kids has talent we need players at the top of their game. If we're to sell Rameries and Mikel then we need a replacement who will have the confidence to be be able to rise to the occasion of playing at the top of the EPL and CL, MvG has been playing in our reserves and I'd say the jump up may cause him to falter given that a ACL injury can really hit your confidence as well as your long term physical fitness

Oh would very much see him as back up at the moment but the fact Van Gaal called him up to the Nederlands pre World Cup training camp after such an injury hit season says a lot for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Oh would very much see him as back up at the moment but the fact Van Gaal called him up to the Nederlands pre World Cup training camp after such an injury hit season says a lot for me

I feel like the only MVG skeptic in here at times but that's a fair seal of approval there considering his injury!

• Advertisement

I feel like the only MVG skeptic in here at times but that's a fair seal of approval there considering his injury!

Be gone you unbeliever :eek::eek::eek:

Covered this a few weeks back but confirmed now best of luck Sam if any player deserves it he does.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-complete-sam-hutchinson-capture/?

Where's Pogba?

Where's Pogba?

Not hungover today

duploelabs wrote: »
    Not hungover today

Not in London either. :o

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yaya Toure to Chelsea doing the rounds now.

I'd tweet him happy birthday if he joined.

Yaya Toure to Chelsea doing the rounds now.

I'd tweet him happy birthday if he joined.

Given Pogbas age and wages demands i know where I'd be spending my big money.

Toure to Chelsea would merely allow City to go and buy Pogba, which would make no sense if you want the next Toure type player and not the old version with more wages :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Apparently we have upped our bid from £12m to £15m for Filipe Luis.

Johner wrote: »
    Apparently we have upped our bid from £12m to £15m for Filipe Luis.

They can keep the 5/6 million they owe us from the Courtois deal and we'll take Luis for that price. ;)

• Advertisement

Di Marzio has said that Mandzukic to Atleti is on, hes reliable too.

Knocks one of Lukakus suitors off the list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement