Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

If lukaku doesn't nail his blue colours to the mast in the next 2weeks I think we should be rid of him. Who to bring in though, sanchez is a class act but wouldn't suit us. Not many big and powerful cfs available,although cavani would be a favourite of mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If lukaku doesn't nail his blue colours to the mast in the next 2weeks I think we should be rid of him. Who to bring in though, sanchez is a class act but wouldn't suit us. Not many big and powerful cfs available,although cavani would be a favourite of mine

I dont think we need Sanchez hes not an out and out CF but I suppose you could point to Aguero as a like for like comparisson.

Sanchez might want to play upfront but with Costa, Sanchez would be forced wide so I dont think we need him.

Keeping Lukaku is paramount but its unlikely to happen IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

GavRedKing wrote:
    Keeping Lukaku is paramount but its unlikely to happen IMO.

The boy has massive potential but the attitude isn't there,we need a warrior not a whinger. There'll be a surprise yet in this window. .I'd like that to be Pogba :)

The boy has massive potential but the attitude isn't there,we need a warrior not a whinger. There'll be a surprise yet in this window. .I'd like that to be Pogba :)

Pogba would be epic but if Sanchez goes to Arsenal id imagine Juventus wont be in a rush to sell pogba or vidal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Looks like our Brazilian guys will be home soon too.

• Advertisement

I actually can't remember when I last seen a more shambolic defence. Has that psg cheque cleared yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Can't believe we got €50 million for Luiz!! Exposed badly, without silva beside him he's as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Can't believe we got €50 million for Luiz!! Exposed badly, without silva beside him he's as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike!!
    He'll always have Paris.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Looks like our Brazilian guys will be home soon too.
    One day early only. They have to avert a cricket score in the third place playoff on Saturday! :-)

McDave wrote: »
    One day early only. They have to avert a cricket score in the third place playoff on Saturday! :-)

Oh yeah, I forgot about the losers final.

• Advertisement

Savage keeping there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Schurrle coming on

Nice finish

Schurrle :D

Neat goal.

Here's Willian to turn the game.

Absolute screamer from Andre.

Great finish

Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

PSG will be ringing Chelsea for the return of the 50 million claiming false advirtisement

• Advertisement

He should have about 5/6 goals schurrle but hes a great option from the bench

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Gav, are you still starting Willian ahead of Schurrle?

Gav, are you still starting Willian ahead of Schurrle?

Yup. :pac: at this rate Oscar and Willian will be gone for cesc and schurrlw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Jose-Mourinho-121121-Laughing-G-300.jpg

"So then I said, OK you give us 50 million pounds and he's yours"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

OSCARRRRRRRRRR

Delighted for oscar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

The Luiz deal has been finalised, yes?

Thats a great read on cole.

Hes exceptional.

• Advertisement

Stat for ya, Chelsea players tonight scored more goals than Arsenal players all tournament.

:pac:

Means f**k all that, good to see Brazil go through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Schurrle is great.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Have we signed Kroos yet?

Have we signed Kroos yet?

That was announced on the website 3 days ago ;)

So i assume were dropping oscar and willian next year?

Matic Kroos/Pogba
    Schurrle Cesc Hazard
    Costa

GavRedKing wrote: »

Matic Kroos/Pogba
    Schurrle Cesc Hazard
    Costa

Looks pretty good to me!

• Advertisement

Thats a great read on cole.

Hes exceptional.

Still say we should have held on to him.:mad:

Wish him the very best though, one of if not the best FB in the world over the past decade.

Matic Kroos/Pogba
    Schurrle Cesc Hazard
    Costa

but....Mikel?!

Panthro wrote: »
    but....Mikel?!

Maybe we could play him as a second striker, ya know kinda a replacement for Nando

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Feck me, great game that. Lets hope PSG can't find the receipt for that faulty good we sold em

Sell Lukaku, play Schurrle as our 2nd CF.

Torres to be a converted winger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

The lads on RTE overdoing a bit, its not like there isn't a plethora of talent coming from Spain alone, but Dunphy is right about Britain and ourselves, not exactly producing any future stars

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Does anyone reckon Mikel could be turned into a cb?

Also, Brady finally gave schurrle a decent comment tonight, although I imagine he just couldn't get an insult through after such a team performance...

micknail wrote: »

Also, Brady finally gave schurrle a decent comment tonight, although I imagine he just couldn't get an insult through after such a team performance...
    I'm sure if he tried hard enough he'd have taught of something, what did he say about ozil?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

micknail wrote: »

kev1.3s wrote: »
    I'm sure if he tried hard enough he'd have taught of something, what did he say about ozil?

Watched the match on the BBC then turned over to see what Brady had to say, he glossed over Schurrle a bit but yes he actually paid him a compliment. I didn't hear him mention Ozil but then he has been the worst German player at the World Cup by a country mile I am more than a little surprised he starts his confidence just seems totally shot.

Watched the match on the BBC then turned over to see what Brady had to say, he glossed over Schurrle a bit but yes he actually paid him a compliment. I didn't hear him mention Ozil but then he has been the worst German player at the World Cup by a country mile I am more than a little surprised he starts his confidence just seems totally shot.

Ozil is the kind of player who can provide passing that everyone bar maybe Kroos, couldnt do.

He may not grab a game by the balls but his passing and vision is exceptional and even when hes not invovled hes still a huge threat.

I wouldnt say hes the worse player, for me that would be between Howedes or Mertesacker, even Lahm until he moved to RB.

The combo of Hummels and Boateng works better and Mertesacker just isnt up to it.

Goetze hasnt exactly been great either.

Neuer has been out of this world and is banker for the Golden Glove or whatever they call GK of the tournament.

Official website has under gone a change : http://www.chelseafc.com/

Pre season begins today : http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/it-s-training-time-again.html

Our 1st Preseason game is this time next week against Wycombe and will feature 1st team players and youth/academy players.

Can we keep Lukaku on the back of this tweet :pac:
    No disrespect to Arsenal who are also a big club but I dont understand why Ozil has left Real Madrid....I guess wil never know.

good on schurrle

BsEIaO9CIAAM2xR.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Official website has under gone a change : http://www.chelseafc.com/

Pre season begins today : http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/it-s-training-time-again.html

Our 1st Preseason game is this time next week against Wycombe and will feature 1st team players and youth/academy players.

New website isn't great at all, there's about 10 different fonts on there to start with :/

*work hat off* Delighted for Schurrle last night, he's been a serious asset for Germany this WC, I hope we make the most of him next season. He's potentially the closest thing we have to a 'true' winger really, direct with pace and a serious shot on him. That finish off the bar would be being talked about a lot more if it was a deciding goal...

New website isn't great at all, there's about 10 different fonts on there to start with :/

*work hat off* Delighted for Schurrle last night, he's been a serious asset for Germany this WC, I hope we make the most of him next season. He's potentially the closest thing we have to a 'true' winger really, direct with pace and a serious shot on him. That finish off the bar would be being talked about a lot more if it was a deciding goal...

Imagine if we got Kroos. /Swoon

But ya, Schurrle has been a great option from the bench, I'm surprised he didnt play yesterday but Klose justified his inclusion, he got the 2nd goal and started the massacre.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement