Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Twitter talk is that we will bid for Rojo if our new Filipe Luis bid is rejected. Rojo has looked very good for Argentina at the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any decent journos running with Pogba to Chelsea?or is it all twitter ITK talk?

Nothing concrete, I think the Star and Independent are running with it although I wouldn't call them reliable. Most say it's to fund a deal for Sanchez and he looks like he's off to Arsenal. I wouldn't get your hopes up, especially if Vidal leaves. He's the younger of the two also, so he'd have more resale value, although he is in the final 2 years of his contract.

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Mario Pasalic from Hajduk Split.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/pasalic-signs.html?WT.mc_id=social_20140709_27514536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

He'll be loaned out and sold for a profit in 3 years :pac:

I thought we signed him in January and loaned him back. :o

Johner wrote: »
    I thought we signed him in January and loaned him back. :o

I think everyone did, same as Markovic :pac:

Love this
    Pasalic is a 19-year-old attack-minded midfielder, who has represented Croatia at Under-21 level and was named in his country’s 30-man provisional World Cup squad

Pasailis :
    ‘I am a central midfielder, my favourite player is Frank Lampard, and so I am very happy to be a Chelsea player.’

Get it right ffs Chelsea :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    He'll be loaned out and sold for a profit in 3 years :pac:
    Vitesse Arnhem fans are thinking it's the gift that keeps on giving :)

Phoenix wrote: »
    Any decent journos running with Pogba to Chelsea?or is it all twitter ITK talk?

To answer this, no, none really.

I mean the noise was that Juventus were going to sign Sanchez and if it happened Pogba was likely to leave, theyed be up money and could sign Sanchez and Pogbas replacement with Pogbas transfer fee, looks unlikely now as Sanchez looks nailed on to be joining Arsenal.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    Vitesse Arnhem fans are thinking it's the gift that keeps on giving :)

they're our 3rd team sure :pac:

• Advertisement

Apparently we're in for PSG teen midfielder Adrien Rabiot.

I havent seen much of him TBH but hes meant to be highly regarded.

Would be interesting.

Just done a quick Google on Rabiot, its been reported he wants a massive increase on his wages and has turned down PSG offers to date, cant see it happening, hes just looking for more money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just done a quick Google on Rabiot, its been reported he wants a massive increase on his wages and has turned down PSG offers to date, cant see it happening, hes just looking for more money.

Similar to Pogba as well in that he wants to be playing in the first team more regularly. Can't see that happening at Chelsea with all the midfield talent already in place.

Cant link ay rhe moment but theres a few pics of training going around today.

Ivanovic has a great beard. :pac:
    Bamford has found the weight room :eek:
    Zouma is happy to be at chelsea. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Cant link ay rhe moment but theres a few pics of training going around today.

Ivanovic has a great beard. :pac:
    Bamford has found the weight room :eek:
    Zouma is happy to be at chelsea. :)
    Yeah I'm getting a bit bored now, mainly due I suppose to the World Cup coming to a close. Absolutely cannot wait til the new season kicks off.

10519769_10152629384402259_3012021589731763711_n.jpg

back-to-work.img.png

1404924675305.jpg

And from Terry's Instagram,

10534893_670985159661296_791480460_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Was that tackle on robben from mascherano the tackle of the tournament?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Was that tackle on robben from mascherano the tackle of the tournament?

I cannot recall one as good as it anyway. Horrible game to watch this, too much pressure put on Messi I feel.

On the other hand its playing into Germany and Schurle's hands nicely for the final.

Yeah it certainly does, I didn't want to see the Dutch in the final, maybe it's to do with the united connection but robben as gifted as he is and even with him being an ex player is a player I've grown to despise over the last couple of seasons.

I want argentina win, as much as I hate Barcelona, Messi is a hero. I think Germany should win but ill be cheering Messi and Argentina.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

I am sick of the lads on RTE rambling on about football dying, if anything there is more talent coming through. Just cause they are moving on doesn't mean football goes with em :pac:

• Advertisement

I want argentina win, as much as I hate Barcelona, Messi is a hero. I think Germany should win but ill be cheering Messi and Argentina.

It's funny that, I kinda found the dislike I normally have for messi and his barca crowd dissolve during this World Cup. I'm sure normal service shall resume as soon as the new season kicks off.
    Does anybody else think his body language towards his team mates stinks tho?

Rob Beasley who supposedly has decent sources at the club says we have completed a deal for Filipe Luis. Around £15m, which may rise depending on what we win.

Also a nice message from John Terry to Ashley Cole on JT's instagram:
    "Good luck @ashcoley3, The best left back I have ever played with and this country has EVER seen, So sad to see you go mate. It's been a real pleasure and honour to learn from the best, A winner who gave everything for our football club. Chelsea Legend Forever."

Beasley might have some contacts, it would be nice to wrap up Luis early and get him training with the squad.

cech to be vice captain is being reported in a couple of papers this morning

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/322943.html

PLenty of Vice captains sit on the bench all season, he'll be grand. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

PLenty of Vice captains sit on the bench all season, he'll be grand. :pac:

You can be club captain and sit on the bench, look at vermallen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Can't wait till real football starts again ...

this world cup shíte is going on a bit at this stage ...

6 weeks until the EPL starts.

Double training sessions are the order of the day for the next 2 weeks anyway.

Just seen a rare sight, Oriol Romeu in Chelsea training. :pac:

• Advertisement

If you want to believe certain people on twitter, hes in London to discuss a move with Chelsea, no pictures to prove it though.

I'm highly skeptical but it would be the best signing of the summer, regardless of the fee being the highest probably in EPL history.

If you want to believe certain people on twitter, hes in London to discuss a move with Chelsea, no pictures to prove it though.

I'm highly skeptical but it would be the best signing of the summer, regardless of the fee being the highest probably in EPL history.

the ever reliable daily mirror are reporting that juve have to sell either vidal or pogba to balance the books

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Pogba's in London.

No he isn't.

Here's pictures of him in London.

That's not London.

I love twitter. :pac:

peteeeed wrote: »
    the ever reliable daily mirror are reporting that juve have to sell either vidal or pogba to balance the books

Juventus look to be spending big enough this summer, Sanchez isnt happening so they might be able to hold onto Pogba/Vidal. If one leaves this year the other wont be sold IMO.
    Pogba's in London.

No he isn't.

Here's pictures of him in London.

That's not London.

I love twitter. :pac:

TBH I'd rather no pictures to get the hopes up ha.

Its possible hes in London and hasnt been spotted but surely someone would have talked or someone would have a dodgy picture taking from a camera from 100ft away.

Last year we made our best signing in a long time in Jose, if we Pogba it would blow Cesc and Costa out of the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If (massive if) the likes of Pogba were to arrive, surely that spells the end for at least one midfielder, but whooo???

In this order :
    1. Romeu
    2. Josh Mac
    3. Mikel
    4. Ramires

Daily mail running a story of Drogba returning as a player coach to the strikers.
    A Drogba trained Lukaku.....woooo!

I dunno about that :eek:

As a coach yes but a player? Ending your Chelsea career winning the UCL with the last penalty is impossible to match, unless he wins the UCL again :pac:

Costa, Lukaku, Drogba :eek:

New fantasy team 4-1-2-3 :pac:

Courtois,
    Azp, Cahill, JT, Luis,
    Matic,
    Pogba, Cesc,
    Schurrle, Costa, Hazard,

Cech,
    Ivan,
    Ramires,
    Oscar,
    Willian,
    Salah,
    Lukaku,

• Advertisement

http://talksport.com/football/tottenham-stunning-bid-snatch-atletico-ace-chelseas-grasp-140710101017

Apparently Spurs trying to hijack the Luis deal.

The day a player chooses Spurs over Chelsea, I'll piss myself. :pac:

Lukker- wrote: »
    http://talksport.com/football/tottenham-stunning-bid-snatch-atletico-ace-chelseas-grasp-140710101017

TBH if we got in Rodriguez instead of him, if he chooses Spurs, I'd be happy enough.

It'll be payback for Willian too. :pac:

TBH if we got in Rodriguez instead of him, if he chooses Spurs, I'd be happy enough.

It'll be payback for Willian too. :pac:

I'd be happy with Rodriguez too but I don't think we're in for him. Think he might be a little to attack minded for Mourinho.

I'd say Rojo is the back up option.

I'd be happy with Rodriguez too but I don't think we're in for him. Think he might be a little to attack minded for Mourinho.

I'd say Rojo is the back up option.

If Rojo was brought in he'd be the sitting FB, Azp would be allowed to bomb on which wouldbe better but ideally you want two attack minded FB's they dont have to be Cafu and Carlos but as long as they get up and down and have Matic sitting in theyed be grand, needs a hugely disciplined role from Matic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Courtois,
    Azp, Cahill, JT, Luis,
    Matic,
    Pogba, Cesc,
    Schurrle, Costa, Hazard,

Cech,
    Ivan,
    Ramires,
    Oscar,
    Willian,
    Salah,
    Lukaku,

That really is fantasy football stuff.... but we only need Pogba :eek:

giphy.gif

Anyone else hoping to see more of Andre on the back of his outings at the World Cup?
    I hope he does!...Wooo!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Courtois,
    Azp, Cahill, JT, Luis,
    Matic,
    Pogba, Cesc,
    Schurrle, Costa, Hazard,

Cech,
    Ivan,
    Ramires,
    Oscar,
    Willian,
    Salah,
    Lukaku,
    Just spotted this, I see you're starting Schurrle now. :eek: :D

@Panthro, I've been banging that drum all summer, he's a great player. He's like a more skilled Dirk Kuyt, great ethic and work-rate and well able to finish. I'm not convinced about his creative flair but tbf, we create plenty of chances. Our problem last season was finishing them.

Just spotted this, I see you're starting Schurrle now. :eek: :D

@Panthro, I've been banging that drum all summer, he's a great player. He's like a more skilled Dirk Kuyt, great ethic and work-rate and well able to finish. I'm not convinced about his creative flair but tbf, we create plenty of chances. Our problem last season was finishing them.

Depends, if he stops Messi winning the WC he'll be ebnched in my team again :pac:

Depends, if he stops Messi winning the WC he'll be ebnched in my team again :pac:
    The Germany v. Messi game will be interesting. I think Germany's defence is exploitable if Hummels isn't playing. Boateng-Mertesacker isn't strong enough to keep Messi/Di Maria/Lavezzi out.

That said, Germany are going to win the world cup. I've been banging that drum since their first group game.

There is no sane reason that he would pick Spurs over us. :pac:

Apparently Juve want £60m+Ramires for Pogba.

I'd imagine that's about £45m cash. Should take it imo. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement