Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

abelard wrote: »
    Schurrle has had a great impact pretty much any time he has appeared this WC.

Hopefully his confidence is high and he gets more game time this year

Yeah he certainly is Chelsea's stand out man in the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Liam Brady saying Schurrle is to Germany what Kuyt is to Netherlands :pac:

And he was assistant manager to trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Good bye World Cup it's been great but let's all look forward to the new season now and winning the premier league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Just a touch over 2 days 21 hours until Chelsea's next game....

... but sure who is counting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Yeah he certainly is Chelsea's stand out man in the World Cup.
    Probably their only performer really. Thought the labeling of Hazard as one of the flops was a bit harsh. He did get 2 assists after all, hardly a flop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I like everyone else in this thread think Shirley has had an outstanding World Cup and I'm absolutely delighted for him. That said I don't think he should be a starter for us next season, I think he's fantastic off the bench but I just think he lacks ability in the build up.

/controversial

So now with pogba's agent cooling down speculation that he could rock up in Cobham we are being linked with Pastore from PSG, I'm open to correction on this but was he not less than complementary about Chelsea when we were chasing him prior to his move to PSG?
    So now when he seems to be not good enough for them we're suddenly good enough for him, also has the price for midfielders gone into hyperdrive?
    60 million for Pogba now 25 million for Pastore who struggles to get in the team, we paid what 29 million for hazard who was at that point the hottest property in that market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

peteeeed wrote: »

I would expect the Drog to have an awful lot to offer as a coach so would love to see him back. Not sure I want to see him tog out again as he is certainly getting long in the tooth and the memories are too good to spoil.

As for Pastore why would we want him let him scuttle back to Italy for a cut price. We don't need him and see little point helping PSG with their FFP obligations.

I suppose a few thoughts from the WC

Higuain God no, awful player well suited to the interim one
    Kross young but over rated at the moment drifts out of games far too much no thanks at the moment
    Schurrle has some engine
    Schweinsteiger may be 30 soon and takes the odd injury but would absolutely love him in our midfield what a player
    Pogba will be awesome, that was a huge mistake by Fergie really should have paid him what ever he wanted
    Courtois had a good tournament but the benchmark at the moment is Neuer stunning keeper
    Why would TSHO want to manage Brazil they are so bad
    Luiz is not a central defender what a piece of business was that
    Lukaku's ability cannot match his mouth - a bit like the Belgian team really
    We were right to get rid of KdB
    Omeruo has a chance to be a really good player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

I wouldn mind Pastore if we got 20 million with him in return for Oscar : - )

Fab and Pastore could compete for the number ten role and the 20 mill along with Ramires/Mikel could help fund an improved offer for Pogba.

Hopefully we will see another two or three signings, still not convinced with Costa.
    We need to sort out some strikers, Torres Ba and Lukkaku can be moved on IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

what a day wrote: »
    I wouldn mind Pastore if we got 20 million with him in return for Oscar : - )

Fab and Pastore could compete for the number ten role and the 20 mill along with Ramires/Mikel could help fund an improved offer for Pogba.

Hopefully we will see another two or three signings, still not convinced with Costa.
    We need to sort out some strikers, Torres Ba and Lukkaku can be moved on IMO.

pastore has been ****e! rumours that Ba is signing for another club
    we need more germans!

• Advertisement

Breaking news SSN - Cavanni asks agent to look for move to Premiership #

Only if he costs much less than Costa would much prefer Falcao.

I think Cavani is useless, would rather Torres.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Cavani was poor vs. Chelsea in the 2nd champions league leg, up front in his favourite position.

Also looked patchy for Uruguay when Suarez wasn't in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bsdskr7CMAESLKa.jpg

• Advertisement

I suppose a few thoughts from the WC

Higuain God no, awful player well suited to the interim one
    Kross young but over rated at the moment drifts out of games far too much no thanks at the moment
    Schurrle has some engine
    Schweinsteiger may be 30 soon and takes the odd injury but would absolutely love him in our midfield what a player
    Pogba will be awesome, that was a huge mistake by Fergie really should have paid him what ever he wanted
    Courtois had a good tournament but the benchmark at the moment is Neuer stunning keeper
    Why would TSHO want to manage Brazil they are so bad
    Luiz is not a central defender what a piece of business was that
    Lukaku's ability cannot match his mouth - a bit like the Belgian team really
    We were right to get rid of KdB
    Omeruo has a chance to be a really good player

Higuain is suited to playing Italian football, more of a fox in the box kind of forward. Argentina don't play that way, then again neither do we

Does inflation help maintain football's status quo?

With United's new kit deal being a crazy amount (£750m), will the elite clubs (united, barca, real) always be able to flourish in spite of debts so long as they slowly chip away at it until what was seemingly in the past a crazy amount for sponsorship, becomes the norm, helping to ease those clubs out of debt?

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Does inflation help maintain football's status quo?

With United's new kit deal being a crazy amount (£750m), will the elite clubs (united, barca, real) always be able to flourish in spite of debts so long as they slowly chip away at it until what was seemingly in the past a crazy amount for sponsorship, becomes the norm, helping to ease those clubs out of debt?

to put it into context ourselves and real's deal with adidas was 300m over 10 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Burnley V Chelsea will air on Monday 18th August. KO: 20:00 on Sky Sports 1.

Johner wrote: »

hate that KO time

Johner wrote: »

That just spoils the first game of the season hate that time as well

Our next adidas deal should be bloody huge, failing that, switch.

Although i much prefer adidas gear than any other make.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

We'll know exactly what scoreline to win by to top the league!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

micknail wrote: »
    We'll know exactly what scoreline to win by to top the league!

And still only win 1-0 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

August

Burnley v Chelsea Mon 18 8pm - Sky Sports
    Everton v Chelsea Sat 30 5:30pm - Sky Sports

September

Manchester City v Chelsea Sun 21 4pm - Sky Sports

October

Chelsea v Arsenal Sun 5 2:05pm - Sky Sports
    Manchester United v Chelsea Sun 26 4pm - Sky Sports

November

Liverpool v Chelsea Sat 8 12:45pm - BT Sport
    Sunderland v Chelsea Sat 29 5:30pm - Sky Sports

• Advertisement

Thats a good group of games alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Would have loved for the Liverpool game to be on at 5.30pm (beer o'clock) ðŸ˜႒

Perfect time for pints n banter.

Only 34(+2) days to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Would have loved for the Liverpool game to be on at 5.30pm (beer o'clock) ðŸ˜႒

Perfect time for pints n banter.

Only 34(+2) days to go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

A Real Soiciead journo claims Griezmann to us for 25 mil

smuckers wrote: »
    A Real Soiciead journo claims Griezmann to us for 25 mil

yeah saw that on cfc chat.surely not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Someone is leaving if that's the case, its spreading alot now

• Advertisement

I really dont see us in for Griezmann, we dont need him at all and we'd have to sell to bring him in.

Makes little sense to me anyway.

Seems like someone at BT is not an Arsenal fan or so it seems, they have more sense than I thought

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/14/5899215/bt-sport-continue-to-troll-arsenal-this-time-with-the-6-0-from-march

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I really dont see us in for Griezmann, we dont need him at all and we'd have to sell to bring him in.

Makes little sense to me anyway.

We've enough nearly made it strikers on our books

Griezmann wont be cheap either, hes talented but its not an area we need to add another player to IMO.

So anyone think we will get shot of Lukaku & Ba to line up Cavani? We should get £35m for that pair throw in a Marin & a Bertrand £45m perhpas?

Would he be worth it at that would still prefer Lukaku to stay and fight it out but if not and Falcao not available then not the worst option. If not us who will buy him can't really see ManU going for him so Liverpool perhaps?

So anyone think we will get shot of Lukaku & Ba to line up Cavani? We should get £35m for that pair throw in a Marin & a Bertrand £45m perhpas?

Would he be worth it at that would still prefer Lukaku to stay and fight it out but if not and Falcao not available then not the worst option. If not us who will buy him can't really see ManU going for him so Liverpool perhaps?

Lukaku? Well if Everton want him and they stump up about 25/30 million I reckon they'll get him.

There was suggestions that we'd get cavani for similar money to waht PSG got Luiz to balance the books fro FFP but why would we do PSG a favour that way and why take Cavani, I'd be more interesed in Veratti.

• Advertisement

Cant see Everton stumping up that kind of money, nice that things have gone quiet from him since the world cup. Lukaku has the world ahead of him where he is if he has the sense to realise it, therein lies the problems though I think.

Currently Cavani is not worth as much as Costa so I don't see why we would offer more, also I would say he is on a fair whack at PSG. I think someone on WAGNH reckoned he would cost some £20-25m a year on a FFP aspect - that is a lot of dosh over a 4 or 5 year period. I think we could afford it after all if we got him for around the £35m mark then 1 Cavani = 1 Ba + 1 Lukaku, even if a little more would not hurt us and still leave a huge hole in PSG FFP finances. I cannot see them getting anywhere near their money back, serves them right as well stupid deal for them last season (they don't seem to have learnt their lesson though)

Cavani has gone backward in the last season, is that because of the position he plays at PSG - loss of form - settling in at a new club / league God knows why. He did look tasty at times for Napoli but then Serie A is a poor league.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm very good excited by the imminent arrival of Filipe Luis, terrific on the ball and going forward and a very accomplished defender. A real signing for the here and now.

Cant see Everton stumping up that kind of money, nice that things have gone quiet from him since the world cup. Lukaku has the world ahead of him where he is if he has the sense to realise it, therein lies the problems though I think.

Currently Cavani is not worth as much as Costa so I don't see why we would offer more, also I would say he is on a fair whack at PSG. I think someone on WAGNH reckoned he would cost some £20-25m a year on a FFP aspect - that is a lot of dosh over a 4 or 5 year period. I think we could afford it after all if we got him for around the £35m mark then 1 Cavani = 1 Ba + 1 Lukaku, even if a little more would not hurt us and still leave a huge hole in PSG FFP finances. I cannot see them getting anywhere near their money back, serves them right as well stupid deal for them last season (they don't seem to have learnt their lesson though)

Cavani has gone backward in the last season, is that because of the position he plays at PSG - loss of form - settling in at a new club / league God knows why. He did look tasty at times for Napoli but then Serie A is a poor league.

Apart from Aguero, Cavanis the only CF I'm gutted we've missed out on recently. His work rate is out of thsi world and from playing wide right/left to Zlatan hes still got a decent return in France. His wages would be huge if he wanted to move too.

the time to get Cavani was before the PSG move, right now I dont think it makes much sense.
    I'm very good excited by the imminent arrival of Filipe Luis, terrific on the ball and going forward and a very accomplished defender. A real signing for the here and now.

Its going to bring a lot more balance to our back line, I just hope Jose has the balls to drop Ivan for Azp now and the Courtois for Cech and the best defence in the league gets much better which is a scary thought really.

Wheres this talks of Khedira coming from too, seemingly he wants more money from Arsenal (is it) so we're in for him :confused:

First I heard of it, he'd be a muhc cheaper option than Pogba and would be excellent next to Matic in CM.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement