Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Techless wrote: »
    It seems the loan deal for Kalas with Cologne is supposed to be for 2 years.

Ugh we are so frustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anybody any idea of how long Kalas has left on his deal?

Is it 2 or 3 years?

On Kalas, i think he can be a long term success for us after JT is gone, if thats 2 years time then so be it.

Zouma is a beast so bringing him in at the expense of Kalas makes sense but I'd have loved to seen Kalas in the EPL.

Edit : Kalas is contracted until June 2017 so a 2 year loan wouldnt be the worse idea if we move him back to replace Ivanovic and or JT in 2 years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bring in new LB, sell Ivanovic, give Azp a new deal, bring Kalas back from loan and 2015-16 isnt looking to bad for him.

Cech future in doubt?

http://www.goal.com/en-sg/news/3875/transfer-zone/2014/06/11/4875034/chelsea-to-listen-to-cech-offers-as-mourinho-demands

Wouldnt believe it to much but it really is time to put our eggs in one basket.

We cant bend to Courtois demands for 1st team football at Cechs expense.

On the other hand we cant leave Cech or Courtois contracts run down as both have 2 years left on there deals.

for me its a no brainer and its ruthless, Cech has to be sold, Courtois is 10 years younger and at the very least, Cechs equal in every department and marginally better at other things, his reflexes being one of them and his distribution too, IMO.

Cech would command a big fee too but where does he go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Johner wrote: »

Agree he is far better than Cologne, he would have survived much further up the food chain. Real shame this.

Well he has a clean sheet at Anfield under his belt, he'll be grand in Germany, hopefully he improves with the extra game time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Cech future in doubt?

for me its a no brainer and its ruthless, Cech has to be sold, Courtois is 10 years younger and at the very least, Cechs equal in every department and marginally better at other things, his reflexes being one of them and his distribution too, IMO.

Cech would command a big fee too but where does he go?

Can't argue with your point but what would be a concern IMO is that it would mean the loss of another big character and leader, both in the dressing room and on the pitch.

With Lampard and Cole now due to leave, it really only leaves Terry.

I'd probably prefer Cesc than Modric but Modric has played more in the CM than Cesc has.

I cant see it happening at all though.

Techless wrote: »
    Can't argue with your point but what would be a concern IMO is that it would mean the loss of another big character and leader, both in the dressing room and on the pitch.

With Lampard and Cole now due to leave, it really only leaves Terry.

Unfortunately life has to go on, it was always going to be a problem when your core squad, the big 5 names you menionted all in and around 32-25 age bracket.

They were the core of many a title winning squad but it had to change, Lamps and Cole wont be joing other EPL clubs it seems and no other EPL team would come in for Cech, if they did, I'd refuse to sell to a rival.

We've a talented youngh-ish squad, and mix it up with some older, more experienced guys and we've a good mix.

Arguably, JT, Cole and Cech still have or had parts to play for us but if replacing Cech means Courtois can be our number for a decade suits me, similar if we get a talented young LB to replace Cole and we're well versed for CBs, Kalas and Zouma being the main contenders and thats before you mention our academy players.

If Petr would be happy with back up I am sure TSHO would hold onto him, but he is used (rightly) to being top dog so if the reports are true then I fear he will leave.

Should Courtois commit to a new 5 year contract he is simply too good and young to let go.

I'd probably prefer Cesc than Modric but Modric has played more in the CM than Cesc has.

I cant see it happening at all though.

Cesc is a fine player, still not sure he will roll up at SW6 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

If Petr would be happy with back up I am sure TSHO would hold onto him, but he is used (rightly) to being top dog so if the reports are true then I fear he will leave.

Should Courtois commit to a new 5 year contract he is simply too good and young to let go.

Can't really see Cech accepting a demotion either but it wouldn't be the worst option for him, he could get the cup games and the odd prem match and possibly prolong what playing time he has left whilst slowly making the transition into coaching. I'm sure the pay wouldn't be bad either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Can't really see Cech accepting a demotion either but it wouldn't be the worst option for him, he could get the cup games and the odd prem match and possibly prolong what playing time he has left whilst slowly making the transition into coaching. I'm sure the pay wouldn't be bad either.

Cech has had a few niggley injuries the last few years so he might not be able to play into his 40s like Schwarzer. Whats interesting is our 3 keepers are seperated by nearly 20years.

Cech could play for another 5years easily and I cant see him sitting on the bench.

Cech is remarkably lucky to be playing at all after his head injury and to play at such a high level still is a testament to his resolve.

Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague

Latest on Cesc: no agreement yet with Chelsea or anybody. City and United in the equation still. But FCB leaking he is very close to Chelsea

Cesc won't be coming so. :(

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Cesc won't be coming so. :(

:pac:

Hes bound to get one right eventually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Rakitic has been announced by Barca hasnt he?

And hes playing in the WC with Croatia and theyve got that deal done.

Still wondering what the hold up is with Cesc, so not expecting much news if any in the comig weeks regarding Cesc, thats if we do even sign him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So is the Diego Costa deal 100% official ?

I didn't see it on the Chelsea official site is why I'm asking.

I saw it on the guardian and I trust that , but never know really...

the_monkey wrote: »
    So is the Diego Costa deal 100% official ?

I didn't see it on the Chelsea official site is why I'm asking.

I saw it on the guardian and I trust that , but never know really...

nothing is official until the club announce but the Costa deal is looking nailed on.

I just expected it to be announced after the UCL Final or the start of June at the latest.

• Advertisement

I guess they want it announced after the world cup .
    I don't see how it affects his international duty tho ... but there ya go..

Spanish national team wouldnt want their WC prep effected by our medical team rocking up and taking Costa away for a few hours to do a medical.

Any deal that does happen at this stage will be done once spain are sent packing or win the thing, which is likely, IMO, seeing as their passing game will be so hard to combat given the weather and their ability to have 60-65% possesion at a canter.

Spanish national team wouldnt want their WC prep effected by our medical team rocking up and taking Costa away for a few hours to do a medical.

Any deal that does happen at this stage will be done once spain are sent packing or win the thing, which is likely, IMO, seeing as their passing game will be so hard to combat given the weather and their ability to have 60-65% possesion at a canter.

Not gonna happen.

Nadal won the French open and Wimbledon - enough shíte has happened .. this will be a good world cup.

Now I know the Express is up there with Goal in the reliability states but if Schweinsteiger is available for £23m should we not be sniffing about? Pep would be absolutely bonkers to let him go though.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481782/Manchester-United-considering-23m-bid-for-Schweinsteiger-after-missing-out-on-Muller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Now I know the Express is up there with Goal in the reliability states but if Schweinsteiger is available for £23m should we not be sniffing about? Pep would be absolutely bonkers to let him go though.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/481782/Manchester-United-considering-23m-bid-for-Schweinsteiger-after-missing-out-on-Muller
    He's pushing 30 and plagued with injuries

• Advertisement

Nail on the head, I'd rather pay a few more million for Cesc than try Schweinsteiger.

anytime i think of schweinsteiger , i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's a pretty good association to be fair.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Cesc is done!

Yis bastards :)

OH LORD.

CESC!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

I know myself and Gav were in the same boat about the likelyhood of this happening.

YES BOYS, YES.!!!!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

0,,10268~12900820,00.jpg
    Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.

The 27-year-old has joined on a five-year contract and will wear the no. 4 shirt.

He said: 'Firstly I would like to thank everyone at FC Barcelona where I enjoyed three wonderful years. It was my childhood club and I will always be proud and honoured that I had a chance to play for such a great team.

'I do feel that I have unfinished business in the Premier League and now is the right time to return.

'I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice. They match my footballing ambitions with their hunger and desire to win trophies. They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing.'

A versatile, technically gifted midfielder, Fabregas has acquired a wealth of experience from playing in two of the strongest leagues in Europe and representing the most successful Spain international side of all time.

Comfortable operating as an attacking midfielder, he can also perform in a deeper role, and on the international stage he has been used in wide areas, as a second striker or, on occasions, as a 'false no.9'.

Fabregas arrives at Stamford Bridge following a three-year spell at Barcelona during which he helped the Catalan club win the La Liga title, Copa del Rey, Spanish Super Cup, UEFA Super Cup and FIFA Club World Cup.

He is no stranger to the Premier League having enjoyed an eight-year spell with Arsenal prior to moving to Camp Nou.

His time in north London was an important period in his development, during which he made the transition from being a young, inexperienced player to arguably the most important member of Arsenal's squad.

However, with some of the biggest clubs in Europe chasing his signature, his departure from the Emirates was almost inevitable, and so it proved when he returned to the club that had nurtured him.

Born near Barcelona, Fabregas joined the Barça academy at the age of 10 but having flourished in their youth sides, he left his boyhood club and moved to Arsenal in 2003 at the age of 16.

With his first season in England one of adaptation, he began to make his mark during the following campaign, and at the end of the season he started the FA Cup final as Arsenal beat Manchester United on penalties in Cardiff.

Patrick Vieira's departure to Juventus afforded Fabregas the opportunity to establish himself as a regular in midfield and he grabbed it with both hands, shining en route to the Champions League final in 2006 where Arsenal were beaten by Barcelona.

At the end of the 2006/07 season he was nominated for both the PFA Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards as well as being named in the 2006 UEFA Team of the Year.

Aged 20, he was again nominated for both PFA awards at the end of the following campaign, winning the Young Player of the Year prize, as well as being named in the Premier League Team of the Season.

In 2008 Fabregas took on the Arsenal captaincy and, buoyed by the responsibility, added goals to his game on a consistent basis before moving back to Barcelona in the summer of 2011.

After making his debut in the Spanish Super Cup against Real Madrid, he scored his first goal for the Barça first team in a UEFA Super Cup victory against Porto, before netting on his La Liga debut, a 5-0 win over Villarreal. He later scored six goals in a four-game period, including one in a 3-1 victory away at Real Madrid, as well as finding the target in the FIFA World Club Cup final, a 4-0 win over Santos.

Fabregas featured in both legs of the 2012 Champions League semi-final against Chelsea, when the Blues came out on top to secure a place in the Munich final, and he scored his first Barcelona hat-trick the following season against Mallorca, Barça finishing that campaign as champions of La Liga. There was little doubt Fabregas had played a pivotal part in their success with 11 goals to his name.

His third and final season at Barcelona promised much for long spells but ultimately Gerardo Martino's side ended the season with the Spanish Super Cup to their name.

Fabregas started both legs of the Champions League quarter-final as Barcelona were beaten 2-1 on aggregate by Atletico Madrid, and played an hour of the Copa del Rey final, a 2-1 defeat against Real Madrid. He also started the La Liga title decider against Atletico before being replaced by Xavi with 13 minutes left to play, his final appearance for the club.

At international level, Fabregas has represented Spain at every major tournament since the 2006 World Cup when he was just 19, winning three trophies along the way.

After an impressive Euro 2008, in which he scored a decisive penalty against Italy in the quarter-finals, it was he who supplied the pass from which Andres Iniesta scored the winning goal in the 2010 World Cup final.

At Euro 2012, another triumphant campaign for Spain, he scored the winning penalty in a semi-final shoot-out against Portugal as well as starting the final, a 4-0 win against Italy.

He is in the squad for this summer's World Cup in Brazil, and you can monitor his progress here on the official Chelsea website.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news-article/article/3900839/title/fabregas-signs-for-chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Told you he would sign for Chelsea (on the previous thread), never in any doubt - Arsenal haven't got the balls, Utd are not of interest to any top level players this summer, City didn't have a pressing need to sign him and Liverpool are too poor. There was only going to be one result, even if Chelsea picking him up smacks of "we shall cos we can" thinking.

Oh and well done on winning the PL title 2014.15 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Gooners gonna cry!

• Advertisement

5 year deal though???

Lol, even updated his twitter!

https://twitter.com/cesc4official

ah f*ck anyway ..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If we hadn't signed Ozil and Ramsey hadn't improved so much in the last season I'm sure he'd be an Arsenal player now. Ye'll have some squad this season that's for sure. Hopefully himself and Costa are massive flops :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If we hadn't signed Ozil and Ramsey hadn't improved so much in the last season I'm sure he'd be an Arsenal player now. Ye'll have some squad this season that's for sure. Hopefully himself and Costa are massive flops :p

does he track back?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

does he track back?

Nope , 40m move to United in January perchance? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

does he track back?

Hopefully Jose will be pulling his hair out with him before long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 438 ✭✭podge79

CESC! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

How much did he cost ye?

• Advertisement

So, Selling 1 x David Luiz gets you 1 x Fabregas and 1 x Costa + Rivals Meltdown!!!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement