Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wheres this talks of Khedira coming from too, seemingly he wants more money from Arsenal (is it) so we're in for him :confused:

First I heard of it, he'd be a muhc cheaper option than Pogba and would be excellent next to Matic in CM.

It has been kicking about for few weeks would be a good signing, would prefer Pogba but Sami would be grand

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2014/7/12/5892283/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumors-sami-khedira-arsenal-real-madrid-paul-pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Its always nice to have more world cup winners around the place alright.

Id prefer Pogba but Khedira would be a great addition to the team but will Real sell him? Maybe to finance other deals but after the WC he'd be going for a bit of a premium I'd reckon.

We're live against Wycombe tomorrow on Chelsea TV also.

7:45pm k/o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

We're live against Wycombe tomorrow on Chelsea TV also.

7:45pm k/o

i signed up yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

peteeeed wrote: »
    i signed up yesterday

Last season, they included the Chelsea TV online access as part of the membership package, not for the coming season though, pity.

Techless wrote: »
    Last season, they included the Chelsea TV online access as part of the membership package, not for the coming season though, pity.

if with sky you just put in your sky card number here

https://www.chelseafc.com/security/upgrade.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Its always nice to have more world cup winners around the place alright.

Id prefer Pogba but Khedira would be a great addition to the team but will Real sell him? Maybe to finance other deals but after the WC he'd be going for a bit of a premium I'd reckon.
    Considering Real are gonna spunk some cash on James Rodriguez, they'd need to balance their books

duploelabs wrote: »
    Considering Real are gonna spunk some cash on James Rodriguez, they'd need to balance their books

Cant we go for Modric or Illiiiiiiiiiramendi so? :pac:

i signed up yesterday

Hopefully I'll manage to catch it somewhere ;)

• Advertisement

in a word YES

Shame it is not PSG that might actually fly

Techless wrote: »

Does anyone have any problem signing in online via an iPad or iPhone as I cannot seem to connect, no problem on my lap top but not with a handheld device?

TBH I'd prefer if it was for Pogba.

we sell Ramires for about 25million and give them 50millon + for Pogba, gives them Ramires and about 20ish million to play around with.

Although would Ramires want to go to Italy, woudl jose sell him?

4 years ago we played Wycombe in a pre-seson friendly and this is the squad.

Samuel Walker; Billy Clifford, Rohan Ince, Aziz Deen-Conteh, Ryan Bertrand; Scott Sinclair, Jack Cork, Conor Clifford, Milan Lalkovic (Dan Philliskirk, 59); Franco Di Santo, Aliu Djalo (Philipp Prosenik, 59).

They lost 5-1 :pac:

So big question, is Luis the only LB we're looking at?

The 2nd worse account on Twitter, is saying Griezmann to Chelsea is done.

But hes claimed Pogbas a Chelsea player and was at Cobham, Shaw was a done deal in January, Costa would be signed up and confirmed today along with Luis.

Almost as bad as that dude Indiakaylia or whoever ya spell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Even a stopped watch is right twice a day!
    If he keeps dropping names he's bound to get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

beat me to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I really feel this is a bad move for Chelsea it's another wad of money for an overhyped striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    :confused:
    Funny had he stayed at Atleti the same people would be praising him

Are you suggesting I praised him when he was at Madrid?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Even a stopped watch is right twice a day!
    If he keeps dropping names he's bound to get one.

He said costa on tuesday.....another one right ha.

• Advertisement

Costa will be a great signing, hes not going to get 30goals a season but if hes pushing 20 league goals thatll double our best output from last year in eto'o.

obezyana wrote: »
    I really feel this is a bad move for Chelsea it's another wad of money for an overhyped striker.

The reason a lot of people think he's overhyped is because he only had 1 elite season at Athletico

Sometimes these strikers are one season wonders

But then again some strikers can have 1 good season at Marseille in 2003/04 and then he turns out to deliver on the hype

Costas also the 1st real top cf weve bought in years. Hes going to have huge pressure but nothing like Torres so I reckon he'll be a great addition.

The reason a lot of people think he's overhyped is because he only had 1 elite season at Athletico

Sometimes these strikers are one season wonders

But then again some strikers can have 1 good season at Marseille in 2003/04 and then he turns out to deliver on the hype

I honestly wouldn't rate him at all I think he will flop and to spend that amount of money in him is not good I fear it will turn into another Torres. We all will get behind him and give him the great Chelsea support which Torres has received in abundance, unfortunately it's not worked out and I feel the signing of an average player for silly money is another step back in the forwards area for Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

20-25 league goals helping us to win the Premiership will be an excellent start, and pay back a good whack of his transfer.

There's a few more to come in (Courtois next!), and hopefully a few to go out the door as well. If we can get replacements for/upgrades on Ramires and Mikel straight away, and new striker back-up, we can hold on to Lukaku if we want, move on Torres and Ba, and be really in great shape for 2014-15 and beyond.

• Advertisement

I honestly wouldn't rate him at all I think he will flop and to spend that amount of money in him is not good I fear it will turn into another Torres. We all will get behind him and give him the great Chelsea support which Torres has received in abundance, unfortunately it's not worked out and I feel the signing of an average player for silly money is another step back in the forwards area for Chelsea.

I hate saying this but how much of Costa have you seen to make you think he will be a flop

I hate saying this but how much of Costa have you seen to make you think he will be a flop

I watched him a lot on SS I read up on his stats over the last few years when he was being linked with Chelsea and he also he had a terrible WC where he had absolutely no impact or threat for Spain.

People here seem to think he will fit in just like Drogba which is not gonna happen he is nothing like Drogba, opposing players will know to kick him off the park and he will true to form kick them back his I'll discipline will shine through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I watched him a lot on SS I read up on his stats over the last few years when he was being linked with Chelsea and he also he had a terrible WC where he had absolutely no impact or threat for Spain.

People here seem to think he will fit in just like Drogba which is not gonna happen he is nothing like Drogba, opposing players will know to kick him off the park and he will true to form kick them back his I'll discipline will shine through.

I can't wait to see him tear it up.
    Woooo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

He was carrying an injury into the World Cup and played 2 games. How can you judge a player on two games? Everybody for Spain was awful and he doesn't really suit their style of play. He is the exact type of striker Chelsea need and has most of the attributes needed to be a success in the Premier League, I can't wait to see him in action.

Panthro wrote: »
    I can't wait to see him tear it up.
    Woooo!

Well if he does I'll be the first to admit I was wrong but I'm fairly confident I won't be.........heck I'll even wear a dress if he has a 20plus goal season :D

Johner wrote: »
    He was carrying an injury into the World Cup and played 2 games. How can you judge a player on two games? Everybody for Spain was awful and he doesn't really suit their style of play. He is the exact type of striker Chelsea need and has most of the attributes needed to be a success in the Premier League, I can't wait to see him in action.

How is he exactly what Chelsea need? He is a one season wonder with a bad attitude when things don't go his way. Yes maybe he wasn't fit for the World Cup yes he along with the other Spain players were dreadful but a good player will stand up and be counted he didn't because he can't he doesn't have the talent or temperament to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Well if he does I'll be the first to admit I was wrong but I'm fairly confident I won't be.........heck I'll even wear a dress if he has a 20plus goal season :D

Quoted for truth!

Costa will be a success, he was injured and or carrying knocks for the most important club an country games in the last few weeks.

Scoring for fun like he did in Spain last year and being an excellent foil to falcao before that will show for us this year.

We play nothing like Atletico so its a new system and challenge but i cant wait to have a cf thats not afraid to throw it about and wind players up too, hes going to be hated by nearly all fans id reckon but as long as he scores i couldnt give a toss.

Also one of the reasons he was carrying injuries towards the end of the season is the fact he was Athletico's only real option up front, especially when they were pushing for the title

If we keep Lukaku or sign someone of any quality then Costa won't have to play 90 minutes twice a week every week

• Advertisement

Conte resigned. Was over the sale of Vidal or Pogba, more than likely Vidal to utd.

Conte resigned. Was over the sale of Vidal or Pogba, more than likely Vidal to utd.

Let United have Vidal, we can take Pogba i suppose

Let United have Vidal, we can take Pogba i suppose

Theyll only sell one id assume and vidal makes more sense even if pogba would fetch a larger price.

Theyll only sell one id assume and vidal makes more sense even if pogba would fetch a larger price.

Pogba will get too big for Juventus, from their pov, they should sell while he's hot

Pogba will get too big for Juventus, from their pov, they should sell while he's hot

Selling pogba and vidal will bring in nearly 100million. I can understand why conte has resigned but 100million is a fair whack to replace 2 players with 4 very good players.

Im starting it up again......

Where's Pogba?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

I'd say Conte has been lined up by the Italian FA to replace Prandelli as Italian manager.

Couple that with the fact that Juventus are cashing in on one or two of his key players (Pogba/Vidal) rather than strengthening for a CL push made his decision for him.

Hopefully we test Juve out with a bid for Pogba before Vidal is out the door. Can't see them selling both in the one window.

• Advertisement

I'd like to see Pogba he would be a good addition. Man U must be kicking themselves for letting him go it's mad they never really gave him the chance to show he is a quality player.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement