Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I can't hide my delight, he's a wonderful talent that has been hindered by injuries. He has so much more to his game than Mikel and I feel could easily slot in when needed and perform at the required standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If Romeu didnt get injured midway through the season against Sunderland I think it was he was a banker to be in the team long term.

Matic is our destroyer and only one in the squad, MVG and Romeu are far more technically gifted that can play deep, Ramires is a box to box liability and Cesc is a bit of an all rounder.

So if Mikel goes he has more chance of a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Romeu didnt get injured midway through the season against Sunderland I think it was he was a banker to be in the team long term.

Matic is our destroyer and only one in the squad, MVG and Romeu are far more technically gifted that can play deep, Ramires is a box to box liability and Cesc is a bit of an all rounder.

So if Mikel goes he has more chance of a game.

I think letting him and MvG fighting it out for a position is best. Winner takes it. Loser leaves.

I think letting him and MvG fighting it out for a position is best. Winner takes it. Loser leaves.

MVG to be kept so :pac:

BsvhE_nIEAAbREK.jpg

Just a quick reminder of what we're up against this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

BsvhE_nIEAAbREK.jpg

Just a quick reminder of what we're up against this year.

Jose younger than them all and is 4 trophies ahead of the nearest challenger

You forget better too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

.......... but where's Brendan Rodgers?

399px-Famous-characters-Troll-face-Bad-Poker-Face-141127.png.jpg

The real question is....wheres Pogba?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Think you might have to make do with Drogba and a face lift :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

greendom wrote: »
    Think you might have to make do with Drogba and a face lift :D

Or a hair cut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Lukakus got chelsea in his twitter bio, thats our backup cf sorted ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Hopefully this'll get tomorrow's conversation flowing:

How long into the season does Oscar have until to prove he can play for us?

We all know he has had a stinker on all fronts since christmas. Yes he's played a lot the last few years but we're all well aware of José's ruthless streak so I think he knows it's in his best interests to get back to where he was asap

Hazards played nearly 100 more games in his career than Oscar to date, even though Hazard is only 3/4 months older, just for a comparison.

Hazard tailed off towards the end of the season too so its kind of worrying as we rely on these players to win trophies in May, although with Willian, Salah, schurrle, Cesc coming in, we can spread the load this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We'll deffo need to rotate more in my opinion. We relied way to much on Hazard to provide the bit of magic.
    Andre looks capable, haven't seen much of Salah bar a few games, Willian looked good in the games he came on in during the World Cup (although the rest of the team were brutal!)
    I'd love to see a 4-3-3 with Matic, Cesc and Oscar. See how that dynamic would fare out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

What about pogba?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    What about pogba?

Fighting fit, he'll probably be made vice captain too and take the number 8 jersey. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Pogba sorted they can have Lukaku and we get Pogba there everyone is happy, no need for any of that money stuff changing hands at all :pac::pac::pac:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/juventus-set-for-a-shock-move-to-sign-chelseas-romelu-lukaku-ahead-of-everton-tuttosport/?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Lot of Khedira to Chelsea reports this morning, saying once Mikel is gone we are going for Khedira.

Dont really want him to be honest

• Advertisement

I'd prefer Pogba, easily, but Khedira would be cheaper and an upgrade on all our CM's

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Hopefully this'll get tomorrow's conversation flowing:

How long into the season does Oscar have until to prove he can play for us?

We all know he has had a stinker on all fronts since christmas. Yes he's played a lot the last few years but we're all well aware of José's ruthless streak so I think he knows it's in his best interests to get back to where he was asap

That is a good question but it is interesting that both Ram and Oscar were next door to desperate for the last 4 months or so of the season (though an argument could be made that Ram was for the entire season). Seasons after world cups are normally difficult for teams who had a large representation their pre season is disrupted and they dont really get a proper rest as they need to be in some sort of shape when they return from their holiday with only a few weeks before the season starts.

Hopefully their poor form was a result of a lot of travelling and playing with the national side and Chelsea (though from memory was Ram left at home for that one?). If it was then with the world cup just finishing and the Copa America next summer is it possible we wont see the best of them for a few years? If so just not good enough really. I guess after the world cup the Brazilian players could be mentally scarred as that hiding from Germany must have cut really deep.

I would have thought of they do not hit the ground running next season we have a lot of options available and they will start to see plenty of the bench in quick time, next season is a high pressure season for us the league is expected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lot of Khedira to Chelsea reports this morning, saying once Mikel is gone we are going for Khedira.

Dont really want him to be honest

I know it's Goal but quite a good article on khedira here
    http://www.goal.com/en-ie/news/3921/transfer-zone/2014/07/18/4966513/why-arsenal-dont-need-khedira-but-hes-perfect-for-chelsea?ICID=HP_HN_HP_RI_1_3

Ramires can be upgraded upon easily, if we want to but Jose seems to like him.

That game against Villa was an eye opener for Ramires, his wreckless tackle on El Hamdi (I think) killed any last gap comeback although I'm sure sending off Willian for the softest yellow is right up there, coupled with Baker (I think) not being sent off in the 1st half for a tackle on Ramires.

That game was laughable how bad we played and how poor the officials were on the day.

One thing for usre is I dont think we'll have as good a record against our rivals this year, we were unbeaten in every away ground that usually matters, Spurs, City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Utd, we won 2 of those games as well, so to have a chance of winning the leaguewe've to turn over the smaller teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Thibaut Courtois ‏@thibautcourtois 7 mins ago

Para decir adiós, todos los aficionados del Atlético podréis preguntarme cualquier cosa que queráis.
    (2)

'To say goodbye, all of Atletico fans will be able to ask me anything you want.'

i guess he's coming back

Well lets hope he lifts auld big ears with us, himself, Costa and Luie were about a minute away from winning it so hopefully the hunger to go one step further is there for next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

Only €6m thought we would get more still, have to say I liked him could be a bit crabby and ungainly at times but PSG & Liverpool will always make him a hero.

Here is the Feroze17 treatment

http://vimeo.com/101030986

Surely we let him go so cheap to have him outside the BPL?

• Advertisement

Surely we let him go so cheap to have him outside the BPL?

Yea perhaps .... that being said I wouldn't mind €6m strange how you lose sight of reality when talking about footballers????

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If we can keep lukaku then losing Ba wont be bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

If we can keep lukaku then losing Ba wont be bad at all.

You really should have kept Ba - even just to have him on the bench against Liverpool and give Gerard nightmares :D

You really should have kept Ba - even just to have him on the bench against Liverpool and give Gerard nightmares :D

TBH I'd say if we could have axed Torres and his double Ba's wages I'd have axed Torres and kept Ba as 3rd chioce but he might have wanted the move.

Costa and Torres are due back in pre-season Monday with Lukaku and the Belgians expected soon after so at the moment we've only youth CFs training with the coaches and Jose, they'll be under a microscope for another while.

Hope Bamford shines and gets a shot.

• Advertisement

What like this you mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4tk-KNH--I#t=39

Never get sick of that :pac:

Hope Bamford shines and gets a shot.

That could depend upon Lakuku I would say, should he leave then there is a (slight) chance. If Lukaku stays then Bamford will spend at least 1 and possibly 2 years on loan hopefully in the PL.

By then the contract of Torres will be over and I have little doubt he will find it hard to get a new one. Even taking a severe pay cut.

That could depend upon Lakuku I would say, should he leave then there is a (slight) chance. If Lukaku stays then Bamford will spend at least 1 and possibly 2 years on loan hopefully in the PL.

By then the contract of Torres will be over and I have little doubt he will find it hard to get a new one. Even taking a severe pay cut.

The thing is, Torres will always get a good contract because of his name and fanbase.

Bamford will excel in the the BPL

The only thing is I cant see an EPL club going for him, they'll all want proven talent to lead the line, he might be 2nd/3rd choice at a lower level EPL club and get a few games but its the Championship he'll probably end up in and if he can score goals and play games we'll be sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Costa will wear number 19.

• Advertisement

You'd imagine Luis will be 3, Cesc has 4, Courtios 13, Costa 19, Hazard 10, Pogba 6 or 8 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Rumours that Lukaku won't sign a new contract so that's him sold I reckon.

Hopefully its all balls and he does sign, same goes for Courtios.

Although it will tell alot if Cech starts the season as number 1 an dCourtios hasnt signed a new deal, we could see him being shipped off in January, worse case scenario of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Hopefully its all balls and he does sign, same goes for Courtios.

Although it will tell alot if Cech starts the season as number 1 an dCourtios hasnt signed a new deal, we could see him being shipped off in January, worse case scenario of course.

The difference being I think Mourinho rates Courtois highly and see's him as the future, it's probably the opposite for Lukaku. Rumours going around for a while that Mourinho wants him sold but the club went over his head and offered him a new contract with an eye to loaning him out again. Mourinho just doesn't rate him, even as a back-up option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Lukker- wrote: »
    The difference being I think Mourinho rates Courtois highly and see's him as the future, it's probably the opposite for Lukaku. Rumours going around for a while that Mourinho wants him sold but the club went over his head and offered him a new contract with an eye to loaning him out again. Mourinho just doesn't rate him, even as a back-up option.

Can I ask why?

He has had 2 good loan spells with West Brom and Everton scoring 32 goals and he has only recently turned 21. I just can't understand why Mourinho did not keep him last year. I think the League might have panned out differently if Lukaku was at Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Geoff Shreeves :mad: won't be getting his kicks this year. :D

All yellow cards will be wiped clean after the quarters from now on in The CL.

Would be handy for us if we get that far...... I'm Looking at you, Mr Costa

Linky

0028673 wrote: »
    Can I ask why?

He has had 2 good loan spells with West Brom and Everton scoring 32 goals and he has only recently turned 21. I just can't understand why Mourinho did not keep him last year. I think the League might have panned out differently if Lukaku was at Chelsea.

Lukaku asked to leave.

0028673 wrote: »
    Can I ask why?

He asked for a transfer after he missed his spot kick in the super cup against Munich. Basically from what I can see he ran away, bottled it call it what you will.

I think TSHO has reservations over his big match ability/nerve, and the fact that Belgium's best striker was injured but he was still benched in preference to a 19 year old at the world cup would suggest to me that TSHO knows far more than we do about his temperament.

Scoring goals for the baggies or toffees whilst commendable is far easier than banging them in when the heat is on. He would not start in any side who has serious intentions of winning the CL or dare I say it the PL at the moment. He has a chance to work and prove his worth with one of the best teams in Europe and he does not have the nerve - that being the case good riddance and be gone I would say. I would trust TSHO's player judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

He asked for a transfer after he missed his spot kick in the super cup against Munich. Basically from what I can see he ran away, bottled it call it what you will.

I think TSHO has reservations over his big match ability/nerve, and the fact that Belgium's best striker was injured but he was still benched in preference to a 19 year old at the world cup would suggest to me that TSHO knows far more than we do about his temperament.

Scoring goals for the baggies or toffees whilst commendable is far easier than banging them in when the heat is on. He has a chance to work and prove his worth with one of the best teams in Europe and he does not have the nerve - that being the case good riddance and be gone I would say. I would trust TSHO's player judgement.

He surely would have scored more goals or have been more of a threat than Torres/Ba?

I think he has incredible potential for a 21 year old. In fairness what had the likes of Drogba done in the game at that age?

"He would not start in any side who has serious intentions of winning the CL or dare I say it the PL at the moment."

I take your point here but I still think he would be a great option from the Bench as back up to Costa. I think he will become a better player than Costa with time.

I don't think Mourinho ever warmed to him for some reason. I think if Mourinho turned on the charm he would not think twice about staying

Like pretty much all Chelsea fans would love him to succeed but he needs to work at it. If he does not he won't get there regardless of ability, look at Hazard excellent player but recognises his games limitations and wants to work on them Lukaku needs to do the same or he will never realise his ability.

Running away solves nowt you have to eat your frogs life is that simple really

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement