Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'd love to keep Lukaku but his attitude is pretty disgraceful.

I'm sure he would have known that Chelsea were planning to loan out Ba and then to turn around and hand in a transfer request is rather annoying.

In retrospect he'd have played a hell of lot more games on the back of woeful Eto'o/Torres performances and he could have had a winners medal or two in his pocket if he stuck around and made the difference, sulking at Everton about Chelsea and how we treated him isnt going to win over anyone.

Come back, work hard and you'll get your rewards, act like a child or a diva and you'll be replaced, end of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

0028673 wrote: »
    He surely would have scored more goals or have been more of a threat than Torres/Ba?

I think he has incredible potential for a 21 year old. In fairness what had the likes of Drogba done in the game at that age?

"He would not start in any side who has serious intentions of winning the CL or dare I say it the PL at the moment."

I take your point here but I still think he would be a great option from the Bench as back up to Costa. I think he will become a better player than Costa with time.

I don't think Mourinho ever warmed to him for some reason. I think if Mourinho turned on the charm he would not think twice about staying

More than anything Mourinho values attitude. Lukaku has all the attributes that Mou likes in a centre forward. He's big, strong, fast and has a decent eye for goal. But for whatever reason Mourinho hasn't warmed to him. Lukaku expects the team to be built around him, he is not willing to stay and fight for his place. He has so far, not shown the strength of character to warrant a starting role for any team that would consider themselves challenging for the Champions League. He seems to have an awful sense of entitlement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

Never realised that Lukaku had an attitude problem. That definitely changes my perspective on the situation.

Lukaku is a fantastic player and if we lose him we'll be losing a great talent but he seems to want to be the number 1, the only CF that gets played.

Hopefully now the WC has curbed his attitude as he went as the stone wall number 1 but didnt exactly set the place on fire.

If its him and Costa battling for 1st CF next year I'd be happy and hopefully he will too, the competition will be good for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭0028673

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Lukaku is a fantastic player and if we lose him we'll be losing a great talent but he seems to want to be the number 1, the only CF that gets played.

Hopefully now the WC has curbed his attitude as he went as the stone wall number 1 but didnt exactly set the place on fire.

If its him and Costa battling for 1st CF next year I'd be happy and hopefully he will too, the competition will be good for both.

I guess there is 2 ways of looking at this;

A - He has a sense of entitlement that he has not yet earned
    B - The guy is hungry to play and further his own development and is not just looking to cash a cheque sitting on the Bench.

I guess it is hard to know what the situation between Mourinho and Lukaku is, but in the course of last season anytime a Journalist mentioned Lukaku I always thought he was quite cold and dismissive of him.

I would have thought with his physical traits and abaility that he would be very suited to a Mourinho team.

If he has handed in a transfer request I can't see Mourinho begging him to stay.

Luis signed and holding the jersey at cobham, hes going to wear number 5. Was expecting number 3 TBH

Courtios record at Atleti, 153 games, 75 clean sheets.

Bs2Dql1CEAAbKDx.jpg:large

• Advertisement

Bs2D--pCMAEFLU4.jpg

Bs2DS6LCMAAwpab.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

@FilipeLuis03: Proud to annouce that I'm officially @chelseafc player. See you all at Stamford Bridge. ;) #CFC http://t.co/T8Af1q7z8P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I'll be excited when we sign Pogba :pac:

I suppose this will just have to do in the mean time :

http://lineupbuilder.com/?sk=3jy2h

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So snotser flicking is going to be in our armoury next season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiw8zk0vq5w

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

duploelabs wrote: »
    So snotser flicking is going to be in our armoury next season https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiw8zk0vq5w

Dirty

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

0028673 wrote: »
    I guess there is 2 ways of looking at this;

A - He has a sense of entitlement that he has not yet earned
    B - The guy is hungry to play and further his own development and is not just looking to cash a cheque sitting on the Bench.

As a United fan, I find this situation very familiar.

And painful.

:(

Seriously, we let Pogba go because of attitude. And he wasn't half as "proven" as Lukaku is. As a United fan looking in, I'd love to see him get a proper run for a season, and think him and Costa would be potentially great options for ye up front....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Going to love Costa as much as non Chelsea fans will hate him. Oh joy let the good times roll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Going to love Costa as much as non Chelsea fans will hate him. Oh joy let the good times roll

Don't get too excited, you know our record of signing big name strikers.

He needs to score on minute 1 of the 1st league game :p - then I'm happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

He's going to annoy the bollocks out of defenders.
    Can't wait!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mou was talking to BT Sport today. Few notable bits.

He said that Chelsea are most likely finished in the transfer window.

Possibly more signings although it sounded like maybe just squad signings.

He commended the board for getting deals done in record time, with all the deals in time for pre season.

He said Fabregeas first choice was Chelsea and that he took little or no convincing. :D

Lukker- wrote: »

He said Fabregeas first choice was Chelsea and that he took little or no convincing. :D

I'd take that with a pinch of salt to be honest given the arsenal connection. Second choice maybe?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Mou was talking to BT Sport today. Few notable bits.

He said that Chelsea are most likely finished in the transfer window.

Possibly more signings although it sounded like maybe just squad signings.

He commended the board for getting deals done in record time, with all the deals in time for pre season.

A little more on that interview in the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/18/jose-mourinho-arsenal-cesc-fabregas-chelsea?

Seems to have Wenger in his sites again and is very complimentary to Louis Van Gaal so que more he really wants the United job blah blah blah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

the_monkey wrote: »
    Don't get too excited, you know our record of signing big name strikers.

He needs to score on minute 1 of the 1st league game :p - then I'm happy.

Like Ricky Van Wolfswinkel ?

A little more on that interview in the Guardian

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jul/18/jose-mourinho-arsenal-cesc-fabregas-chelsea?

Seems to have Wenger in his sites again and is very complimentary to Louis Van Gaal so que more he really wants the United job blah blah blah

Was it not van gaal who gave him one of his early breaks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Was it not van gaal who gave him one of his early breaks?

He worked under Van Gaal after Bobby Robson left Barcelona

2nd pre season game kicks off at 2.30 today.

CFCtv or maybe available by other means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

How will Fab be deployed does anyone wanna guess?

Will he be further forward than Oscar like the old lampard role with Oscar doing the donkey work or will it be the other way around?

Oranage2 wrote: »
    How will Fab be deployed does anyone wanna guess?

Will he be further forward than Oscar like the old lampard role with Oscar doing the donkey work or will it be the other way around?

I reckon like the old 3 man CM but its hard to tell who will play what role.

I'd guess that Cesc will be given more creative roam and offer the threat where as Oscar will out the boot in while Matic sits back to protect and collect off the back 4.

If I was picking 1 for fantasy football, I'd go with Cesc.

• Advertisement

Next years kit apparently

Bs5wU4lIMAAveP1.jpg

New EPL football, hopefully we see plenty of goals in the right end with it.

Bs55cK-CAAIePYQ.jpg:large

The all time EPL London League,teams that have played other London teams during the formation of the EPL

ARSENAL 204 107 55 42 40 81 104 346 197 149 1.843 376
    CHELSEA 204 102 59 43 37 73 113 342 198 144 1.789 365
    SPURS 204 64 63 77 61 49 115 260 287 -27 1.250 255
    WEST HAM 168 52 36 80 61 39 83 186 260 -74 1.143 192
    FULHAM 118 25 32 61 42 24 64 120 193 -73 0.907 107
    WIMBLEDON 78 23 22 33 25 18 41 85 113 -28 1.167 91
    CHARLTON 76 23 15 38 26 19 36 90 127 -37 1.105 84
    QPR 60 17 18 25 22 16 30 61 74 -13 1.150 69
    C PALACE 52 12 14 26 20 15 22 45 86 -41 0.962 50

That wont happen anyway, if it does, we've willian and schurrle who are capable :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

UK Indo claims Lukaku staying, and Bertrand on way out: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-latest-romelu-lukaku-and-thibaut-courtois-drop-hints-they-are-staying-at-stamford-bridge-9614826.html
    However, he [Lukaku] has now changed his Twitter bio to say he is a player for Chelsea FC - it previously had no mention of the club.
    Ryan Bertrand, who is being linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge, has removed all mention of the club on his social media accounts.

I see a link to the Chelsea friendly on a certain site.

Thats today sorted anyway :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

"I have to say my club did a fantastic job, and not just because of what we bought, but because we did it in almost record time. The transfer market closes 31 August and we close our market on July 19. We finished the market today," he said.
    http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/english/2014/0719/631809-mourinho-anyone-could-win-premier-league/

Looks like no Pogba after all! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

McDave wrote: »

we might be finished with the market

but is the market finished with us ?

• Advertisement

Team for the game is : Schwarzer (c);
    Aina, Zouma, Christensen, Ake;
    Van Ginkel, Matic;
    Salah, Baker, Swift;
    Bamford.

Very good XI

Bench is :
    Beeney,
    Ivanovic, Chalobah, Terry,
    Dasilva, Romeu, Houghton, Boga,
    Brown, Solanke

Good options from the bench

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Exciting players to watch today, Chalobah, Boga and Brown in the second half and MVG, Zouma, Ake, Christensen, Baker, Bamford in the first...

I reckon Zouma and 2 others of those will be involved in the first team this season.

Managed to find a good link to the match, pretty clear.

Exciting players to watch today, Chalobah, Boga and Brown in the second half and MVG, Zouma, Ake, Christensen, Baker, Bamford in the first...

I reckon Zouma and 2 others of those will be involved in the first team this season.

The partnership of Zouma and Christensen looks like the one for the future.

2 beasts

Wimbledon new boy starts today :eek:

aa_2395793b.jpg

adebayo_akinfenwa_zoo_magazine_lee_goldup_01.jpg

• Advertisement

1 down after 40 seconds :pac:

LOL

Schwarzer gets the blame for me, that was terrible keeping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Gav would you mind sending me a wee PM please ;)

Alan Bennett scored? I played against him a few times last year with a few buddies in 6 a side.

Gav would you mind sending me a wee PM please ;)

sent......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement