Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Reports in L'equipe say we're signing Drogba.

I really hope its not true for different reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd be all for him coming back as a coach and possible player in emergency situations.

The team lost 2 leaders last season and with Cech potentially on his way out I feel that the younger lads could especially do with a positive influence like Drogba. I'd be more comfortable with a purely coaching role though.

Id say if hes coming back itll be for a 1 yr deal with an option for 2nd.

He wont play much and if it helps keep lukaku then work away :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Reports in L'equipe say we're signing Drogba.

I really hope its not true for different reasons.

Agreed, this'd be why Lukaku could be quite likely to move on, nevermind it ruining any possible chance for Bamford to stay with the first team!

We only need Drogba for 2 games next year, Arsenal home and away. :pac:

• Advertisement

LanceStorm wrote: »
    Agreed, this'd be why Lukaku could be quite likely to move on, nevermind it ruining any possible chance for Bamford to stay with the first team!

Id prefer Bamford to get an EPL loan or High end championship loan, he'll get more game time.

Anyone hear our new Ceac song thats trying to take off?

Its not exactly in good taste TBH.

Id prefer Bamford to get an EPL loan or High end championship loan, he'll get more game time.

I'd also love for him to get a premier league loan but it's unrealistic to expect any team to be in for him after 3 months on loan with Derby. Given a full season on loan with a Championship club and more teams would be willing to gamble with him, or if he went back to Derby and they got promoted than they'd likely keep him for another year in PL.

I'd say other than that or best bet would be to keep him and hope he can prove himself from the bench or in the League Cup, might open him up to a PL loan in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Anyone hear our new Ceac song thats trying to take off?

Its not exactly in good taste TBH.

example?

duploelabs wrote: »
    example?

It goes like....

"This what its like to ne Arsenal,
    This what its like to be small,
    Weve got Fabregas, youve got Jimmy Saville, Jimmy Saville"

• Advertisement

It goes like....

"This what its like to ne Arsenal,
    This what its like to be small,
    Weve got Fabregas, youve got Jimmy Saville, Jimmy Saville"

Don't get the Saville reference? Is it a dig at Wenger and his obsession with young players?

Although I do recall Arsenal fans calling RVP "a Dutch Jimmy Saville" when returned to the Emirates but I think that was to do with a false rape case against him in his early days.

I dont know tbh. Was saville and arsenal fan? Could be a dig at wenger but to be fair it was only about a dozen fans if even that.

Seen it on twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I dont know tbh. Was saville and arsenal fan? Could be a dig at wenger but to be fair it was only about a dozen fans if even that.

Seen it on twitter.

Saville was Leeds fan..
    The song alludes to Wenger liking young players for non footballing reasons. Variations sung by other London clubs for a while according to Google.

Saville was Leeds fan..
    The song alludes to Wenger liking young players for non footballing reasons. Variations sung by other London clubs for a while according to Google.

Still though, not great taste.

Id say the kings of leon sex(cesc) on fire will be the main song towards cesc.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'm rewriting the words to Sexy Back. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

It seems today, that all you see...
    Is Hazard,Matic, Oscar and Cesc on TV.
    But where are those good oul Jose tactics
    On which Chelsea rely....
    Luckily there's a John Terry guy..
    Luckily there's a man who positively can do
    All the things that make rivals, laugh and cry.
    He's
    A.
    Chelsea.
    Boyyyyyyy!
    Haha. I'm hungover ta fock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Todays rumours are dominated by Drogba.

If its true we'll have a CF line up of Costa, Lukaku, Torres & Drogba.

Surely one of Lukaku or Torres, hopefully the latter, has to go if thats the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Bamford could learn alot from those 4 CF's if he stuck around bu tI can imagine someone so young would want to be playing every game or as much as possible so mightnt want to sit on the bench or play U21 football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Drogba ???

Really ???

the_monkey wrote: »
    Drogba ???

Really ???

If it gets Costa, Lukaku, Torres looking voer there shoulder then I'm all for it.

Imagine poor Torres spent so long in Didis shadow and now he'll be coachig him too :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Drogba ???

Really ???

As an Arsenal fan my reaction was more:

Drogba???

Mickeroo wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan my reaction was more:

Drogba???

We'll only release him for the Arsenal games :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We'll only release him for the Arsenal games :)

I'm sure the lights will drop and the Undertaker's music will kick in when he comes on.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'm sure the lights will drop and the Undertaker's music will kick in when he comes on.

Given how long Undertakers music lasts, injury time would be about 10mins long

I'd prefer a Macho Man enterance and to come on shake the advertising hoarding too. :pac:

Would be interesting to see how the Drog would perform as a coach, I think he is too sensible and intelligent a man to play on when he is not capable so there should really be no possible damage to his legend status.

Would be funny though to see the first game with Costa starting and perhaps Drog and Lukaku on the bench. Imagine the relief on a defender after 70 minutes of being kicked about by Costa he see'e that Costa is being replaced then realises he has another 20 mins of Drog or Lukaku - you would almost feel sorry for them --- but only almost.

Would be interesting to see how the Drog would perform as a coach, I think he is too sensible and intelligent a man to play on when he is not capable so there should really be no possible damage to his legend status.

Would be funny though to see the first game with Costa starting and perhaps Drog and Lukaku on the bench. Imagine the relief on a defender after 70 minutes of being kicked about by Costa he see'e that Costa is being replaced then realises he has another 20 mins of Drog or Lukaku - you would almost feel sorry for them --- but only almost.

New formation for next season

---Matic----Cesc---
    Hazard
    Lukaku-Droga-Costa

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

ah ! .. as a coaching role ... ok ...

ah ! .. as a coaching role ... ok ...

Its also more likely he'll be coaching the youths or U21's to gain experience.

Unless Jose really wants him on his 1st team coaching staff.

Drogba will never lose the want and drive to win so even a cameo at the end could be good for us and him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/liga-chelsea-atletico-hold-talks-torres-return-074416798--sow.html

Eurosport with it last night too, it could be bloody happening, the biggest blight on this team for 3 solid years could be moving on!

Costa/Lukaku/Drogba BOOM!

Torres scored a big goal at Camp Nou to kill Barca and he scored the 1st goal in the EL final as well as the 1st goal in the Super Cup.

he could ahve done better, 100% and when he was playing well he was good but he was sh*te more often than not and couldnt get any form going.

I dont like this waiting for Pogba business.

I know we're close to signing an "ogba" but its the wrong one, Jose, you've got the wrong "ogba" :o

Mario Pasalic going on loan to Elche for the season.

The squad is flying to Austria as we speak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

looking good boys

BtEDYQlCIAIra9Z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

peteeeed wrote: »

Good. :pac:

peteeeed wrote: »

I never really understood that deal in the first place, I actually dont think we should have let him go when we did initially but that was then this is now. Where would he get game time?

Nice to see JT fired up for the new season

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-captain-john-terry-im-playing-for-a-new-deal-next-season-9618338.html

Hope he does well enough to earn a new contract

• Advertisement

Petr travels but not back on full goalkeeper training as yet, no surprise there but good he is fit enough to go along with the squad rather than staying in Cobham

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/21/5922257/petr-cech-injury-update

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Used to always wonder why I never made it big, thought I was average enough like, just saw this, too young to remember

Man Citys Negredo is out for awhile, broke his metatarsal, hes facing 2-3 months out.

City have had a few injuries with Aguero, Jovetic and now Negredo, Dzeko is fully fit and rarely injured but I wonder will Pellegrini go to the market for another CF?

Possibily off load Jovetic?

Anyway, negredo being a major threat for them gives the league a small it of breathing room.

Goes to show you cant just have 1 or 2 good options incase of injury, we can learn from that.

Piazon off on his travels again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2700025/Lucas-Piazon-set-loan-Chelsea.html

Good attitude all the same others could learn from it.

Can imagine he'll be followed out by a few more.

Moses, Bertrand, Mikel all very likely.

fabregas has had a trip to a cockney barber

1405945106127.jpg

Can imagine Jose told him "cut those sideburns"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Can imagine Jose told him "cut those sideburns"

He's not Mr Burns and his baseball team

Just looking at the pics of the lads landing in Austria, theyve used Romans private plane, "the bandit"

Boeing-767-33A-ER-owned-by-Roman-Abramovich.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement