Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Thank f**k to many footballers with stupid haircuts and sleeve tattoos, a lethal combo.

Jose should insist on blade 1's all round too.

Some form of wedge or line through the hair coupled with a tribal sleeve of some sort. All the top players have them these days, I think they make you run faster.

Remember Stoke a few years ago under Pulis, I'm pretty sure 80% of the team had one's or zero's. Joining Stoke back than was like signing up for a 2 year stint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lukker- wrote: »
    Some form of wedge or line through the hair coupled with a tribal sleeve of some sort. All the top players have them these days, I think they make you run faster.

Remember Stoke a few years ago under Pulis, I'm pretty sure 80% of the team had one's or zero's. Joining Stoke back than was like signing up for a 2 year stint.

When we sign Pogba the bad hair and tattoo outbreak will infest the squad I fear. :o

First interview. Cesc Fabregas. Chelsea player.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

That hat won't hide your hugeee forehead Cesc, mad haircut that is

Decent little cameo.

future chelsea legend :)

That hat won't hide your hugeee forehead Cesc, mad haircut that is

Ya hes going seriously bald.....poor Cesc :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Cesc Fiberglass calling Jose 'The boss' is not sitting too well with me just yet.

(I'm sure a few good performances from him and all be rosey again like!)

A few, a lot of pics of training

article-2701376-1FE098D900000578-386_634x448.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0995800000578-192_306x423.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0990F00000578-521_634x405.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0985300000578-227_634x446.jpg

The size of Brannas calf :eek: its a cow, not a calf :pac:

article-2701376-1FE0991800000578-161_634x388.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0986800000578-794_634x424.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0989400000578-564_634x413.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0990900000578-207_634x424.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0996100000578-446_306x423.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0991C00000578-431_306x423.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0995000000578-317_634x387.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0983000000578-336_634x424.jpg

article-2701376-1FE098BD00000578-361_634x451.jpg

article-2701376-1FE098CC00000578-659_306x423.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0984F00000578-614_306x423.jpg

article-2701376-1FE0983F00000578-700_634x443.jpg

article-2701376-1FE098DD00000578-638_634x701.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Costa's expression in the pics with Mourinho is priceless.

• Advertisement

The cut below Costas right knee, is that one that Simeone mentioned before when he said it was just a scratch on a tiger :eek:

the one on his left looks like a scar from surgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

The full Cesc interview is linked below if you're interested.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21xksq_cesc-fabregas-exclusive-first-interview-full-hd_sport

Jose seems to have really pushed for him to sign with us.

Jose:
    'Ok Torres, time to show me one good reason why I shoulda make'a you my first choice striker zis season....'
    article-2701376-1FE098CC00000578-659_306x423.jpg

'Ok, very good Nando. Diego, zis time you'a show me why I should make you'a my first choice striker zis season...'
    article-2701376-1FE0984F00000578-614_306x423.jpg

'Are you ready? Ok, Diego, go!'.....
    article-2701376-1FE0983F00000578-700_634x443.jpg

'Ok Stopa!, I have zeen enough. Diego you will be zee first striker because you used zeee ball...Fernando you will be on zeee bench because you forgots to use zee ball..
    article-2701376-1FE098DD00000578-638_634x701.jpg

'Petr!..Tobias! Get readyz to playa game of catcha zee ball, OK?!'

Jose.:D

He was by far the best LB in the league last season. Baffling that he didn't make the PFA team of the season. But then I suppose he's not English.

He was by far the best LB in the league last season. Baffling that he didn't make the PFA team of the season. But then I suppose he's not English.

Ya he was a rock at the back for us. Cant wait to see him at RB next year.

Will we win the league Jose?
    A few, a lot of pics of training
    article-2701376-1FE0986800000578-794_634x424.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Dont want Drogba back at the club in a playing role... I dunno, just doesnt look good that he left and now we need him back again

We dont really need Drogba, per se, but if we sell Lukaku or Torres he can be 3rd choice behind whoever stays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

3rd kit

adidas UK ‏@adidasUK 3m
    Introducing the 2014/15 Chelsea FC 3rd kit. #allinCFC

BtNodH-CEAEU7Ek.jpg

1406073589063.jpg

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/new-third-kit-unveiled.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Some serious substance abuse in Adidas the day that 3rd kit designed even more at Chelsea when it was signed off

Was hoping we'd have kept last years 2nd choice jersey and relegated it to 3rd choice but that doesnt make money I suppose.

I imagine we'll be using this in some cup games and maybe the odd away UCL games.

For the first time in a while I'm disappointed by our 3 kits, the best one is the yellow away IMO.

I dont like the way the home has horizontal stripes on the front but a blank blue canvas on the back.

Was hoping we'd have kept last years 2nd choice jersey and relegated it to 3rd choice but that doesnt make money I suppose.

I imagine we'll be using this in some cup games and maybe the odd away UCL games.

For the first time in a while I'm disappointed by our 3 kits, the best one is the yellow away IMO.

I dont like the way the home has horizontal stripes on the front but a blank blue canvas on the back.

agreed , i'm blaming addias , boring kits

Yea the yellow shirt look really nice, not bought one for years but very tempted. Not gone on the home kit but at least we have proper white socks (disliked that big blue band for some reason) and the less said about the third kit the better.

You have to wonder about Adidas spending mega bucks signing up the worlds biggest clubs and then producing very poor kit designs, or are these kit designs popular elsewhere in the world such as Asia?

peteeeed wrote: »
    agreed , i'm blaming addias , boring kits

I wonder how much, if any inout the club has? I Imagine Adidas will give them a template or an idea of what they'll look like and the club might get a small inout as to the final outcome.
    Yea the yellow shirt look really nice, not bought one for years but very tempted. Not gone on the home kit but at least we have proper white socks (disliked that big blue band for some reason) and the less said about the third kit the better.

You have to wonder about Adidas spending mega bucks signing up the worlds biggest clubs and then producing very poor kit designs, or are these kit designs popular elsewhere in the world such as Asia?

I'll get the aay one too but not at retail price ;)

TBF to Adidas, they're kits are probably the best of the mass made manufactures, they're a lot nicer than Nike anyway.

We only signed our new deal with Adidas 2 years ago was it but when you see Utd getting the money theyre getting to change from Nike its madness, we wont command such a fe but when it comes to sitting down and talking numbers for a new kit maker surely we've to ask for more money.

• Advertisement

i was only thinking about my favourite chelsea kits over the years

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Chelsea/Chelsea-change-kits.html

some great away ones in there

chelsea_1978-1981-change-h.gif

chelsea_1983-1984-change.gif

chelsea_1988-1989-third.gif

chelsea_1994-1996-change.gif
    i had all these , the grey and orange maybe the worst kit of all time but at least umbro always went a bit mad with the away kits and i liked that

Interesting piece on Lukaku and the HG rule.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10984812/Chelseas-bid-to-sign-Didier-Drogba-puts-Romelu-Lukakus-future-in-doubt.html

So to comply with the HG rule we cant really afford to sell to many HG players unless we start buying British or sell Lukaku and Keep McEchran, Moses and Bertrand at the club for the sake of it.

Honestly, we really need to keep Lukaku at all costs hes now our nailed on 2nd choice CFeven if Drogba comes back.

I love the marketing for the new 3rd kit...... "Forever blue, are you?"

:pac:

Anyone know when the La Liga fixtures go up?

Atletico and Monaco are set to go head to head for Torres according to the Daily Mail.
    In the region of 20million.
    Sold!:pac:

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Atletico and Monaco are set to go head to head for Torres according to the Daily Mail.

Even half of that would be decent for him at this stage.

Monaco is such a nice place, I'd love to live in Monaco for 175k a week tax free :eek:

Heres a deal Monaco get Torres we get Falcao no need for this dirty money stuff to be changing hands at all :D:D:D

Drogba rumours gaining pace today it seems.

Personally I dont want him back as his departure was a fairytale but theres no doubting what he could offer for a year and further into the future as a coach.

Why did we not get this blue shirt looks so much better than ours.

http://www.footballkitnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Blue-Fenerbahce-Jersey-2014-2015.jpg

Looks like Lucas off to Frankfurt for a season - they were pretty dire last season can't help thinking we should be looking at a better club. Should get game time at least.

I know Jose said he wants to keep a few places in the squad to blood some of the U21s from last year but most of the guys in the 20-23 age bracket, Josh Mc, Moses, Kakuta will be sold or released soon.

Players that could face similar fates, Piazon, Kalas, Delac.

Looks like Lucas off to Frankfurt for a season - they were pretty dire last season can't help thinking we should be looking at a better club. Should get game time at least.

It's a good move for him IMO. It's a tough league and if he can prove himself, he'll come back next season in a stronger position and can either make a push for first team or get a PL loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I know Jose said he wants to keep a few places in the squad to blood some of the U21s from last year but most of the guys in the 20-23 age bracket, Josh Mc, Moses, Kakuta will be sold or released soon.

Don't see that for Kalas but maybe for the rest :/

It's a good move for him IMO. It's a tough league and if he can prove himself, he'll come back next season in a stronger position and can either make a push for first team or get a PL loan.

Yea its a tough enough league but the quality outside of the top few teams is not great, the upside is he should get game time the downside is he will be playing in a pretty poor side. Still down to him to make a success of it and see what happens next.
    Don't see that for Kalas but maybe for the rest :/

I really think Piazon and Kalas have a very strong chance of making it at the Bridge. They are both in Germany next season so it will be very interesting what happens to them.

Sad but I dont see Josh ever playing for us at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

That would probably go down better than the signing of Fabregas did

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Piazon is the only one out of the older ones who still has a chance, this year most likely being the last

People saying we dont give our youngsters a chance.. well if they go out on loan and still dont prove they are good enough then why keep them in fairness..

Jesus lads, if we dont win the title this season then it'll have been 5 years without winning it..

I don't have figures to hand and I can't be bothered checking but surely if you are any good after spending 4 or 5 years in one of the best training facilities going with some of the best coaches going then you have to be able to make a good living out of the game. OK perhaps not with us but you should be able to have a good career with a lower PL team or championship level. As M&G says if they are not good enough they wont be playing with us or any other top team for that matter.

To look at it slightly differently there are perhaps only 200 people contracted as full time professional footballers playing with teams with a real chance of winning the CL - that is not a lot.

Jesus lads, if we dont win the title this season then it'll have been 5 years without winning it..

Carlos defence wasnt great but sacking him without giving him a chance was comical, had he stayed on for the following year we'd have made a better stab at it. Joses enevr gone longer than 2 years without a league tophy, IIRC, so next year is huge for all involved with the club.
    I don't have figures to hand and I can't be bothered checking but surely if you are any good after spending 4 or 5 years in one of the best training facilities going with some of the best coaches going then you have to be able to make a good living out of the game. OK perhaps not with us but you should be able to have a good career with a lower PL team or championship level. As M&G says if they are not good enough they wont be playing with us or any other top team for that matter.

To look at it slightly differently there are perhaps only 200 people contracted as full time professional footballers playing with teams with a real chance of winning the CL - that is not a lot.

Ya, I'd say its between 180-200, theres probably only 8/9 teams that you'd expect to be up there or could manage it fi they got lucky and in those 8/9 teams theyve a squad of 25 registered for the UCL so quick math suggests youre a about right. :D

Carlos defence wasnt great but sacking him without giving him a chance was comical, had he stayed on for the following year we'd have made a better stab at it. Joses enevr gone longer than 2 years without a league tophy, IIRC, so next year is huge for all involved with the club.

Ya, I'd say its between 180-200, theres probably only 8/9 teams that you'd expect to be up there or could manage it fi they got lucky and in those 8/9 teams theyve a squad of 25 registered for the UCL so quick math suggests youre a about right. :D

Yea thats roughly my reckoning as well, sadly those that like to deride our academy never seem to take that into account. As long as the lads get a good foundation in football and a good education whilst they are at it that is all that can be asked really.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

It is naive to think that young, inexperienced, not fully developed lads can break into a team that challenges on all fronts, especially with the quality in the eleven on the field. Unless they are Messi-esque the best place for talent to develop is at a club not simmering with the best already. It annoys me that other fans use it as a stick to beat us with, because when push comes to shove it takes some balls to drop world beaters like we have to play an unproven young fella.

The Consequences were seen with Lukaku missing his penalty last season, that could have seriously decided his fate with us. Surely some adapt to the demands and others are seriously hampered by it, its not fair on em.

Chelsea XI: Cech, Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, F.Luis, Van Ginkel, Matic, Salah, Baker, Brown, Bamford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    what time is kick off?

Think it's 6:30, show stars at 6:15 on Chelsea tv

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement