Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Don't think it was posted yet, a nice interview from Filipe Luis in English. I must say he has fantastic English and seems like a genuinely humble guy. He should also help Costa settle who I don't think has much English.

Strong team:

Cech, Ivanovic, Zouma, JT, Filipe Luis, Van Ginkel, Matic, Salah, Baker, Brown, Bamford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

0-0 ht not many chances , brown had a great chance well saved by the keeper , luis and zouma playing well

Boga on for baker , only change at ht

1-0 pellets

• Advertisement

Salah has been awful in pre-season. Terry looks like the only player who is trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It is becoming tough to see what anyone at Chelsea saw in Salah cos it's not really happening for him right now.

Boga what a goal 1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Brilliant goal by Boga.

• Advertisement

On the other hand, Jeremie Boga is magic, he really is quite the talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Been dire Salah has hardly beaten a player all night, what a goal by Boga fantastic

Boga 1-1, lovely goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Jesus lads, if we dont win the title this season then it'll have been 5 years without winning it..

The auld champions league really makes you forget about that.
    Getting rid of Ancelotti messed the league up for a while, think we could have gotten another league or two under him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Salah is a fantastic prospect but hes well behind willian and schurrle for starting spots.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Salah is a fantastic prospect but hes well behind willian and schurrle for starting spots.

Absolutely, at this stage he's an impact sub at most. His decision making is poor. Although I think he'll be handy in games that we have less possession, can really stretch the play with his pace.

1-1 ft

Romeu has been good since he came on could well be a great bench option as he covers so many positions

Van Ginkel and Salah have been fairly pants. Good to see Cech back though.

Van Ginkel and Salah have been fairly pants. Good to see Cech back though.

Disagree on Van Ginkel, very combative, looked fine on the ball, I was impressed.

Romeu had a strong cameo, as did Boga. Luis looked solid on his debut.

• Advertisement

Bit harsh on van ginkel , thought he's done alright

Yeah I thought Van Ginkel did well. I think he may be more natural in a 4-3-3 though, with someone like Matic behind him to play as a DM.

Thought Luis looked very good, I'm extremely excited to see him next season, I think he'll be vital for us. His crossing looks excellent, as does his long passing. I reckon he'll get a nice few assists, should link well with Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I think Gav needs to pen an apology to MvG rapid!:pac:
    You're right about Salah. Pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I was impressed with van ginkel too, even tho the stream I was watching wasn't great he seemed to go whole heartily into tackles.
    Wasn't impressed with sala at all, at one stage he did a lovely turn only to follow up on it by going down too easy looking for a free. I find that kind of play incredibly frustrating to watch, especially in a friendly with nothing at stake. Ake looked composed when he came on, I wonder will he make a breakthrough this season?
    It's a tough part of the squad he needs to dislodge but I think he has the right mentality too give it a good run in the cups at least.

Panthro wrote: »
    I think Gav needs to pen an apology to MvG rapid!:pac:
    You're right about Salah. Pants.

Dear MVG,

Here in order is where you rank at the club compared to the other options.

Pogba
    Matic
    Cesc
    Oscar
    Ramires
    MVG
    Mikel
    Romeu

Yours,
    GRK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Dear MVG,

Here in order is where you rank at the club compared to the other options.

Pogba
    Matic
    Cesc
    Oscar
    Ramires
    MVG
    Mikel
    Romeu

Yours,
    GRK

Dear GRK

Thank you for your previous correspondence,
    Please find outlined below the actual rankings of the midfield area, also, please note I have not included any pipe dream notions of having Pogba at the club.

Matic
    Cesc
    MVG
    Oscar
    Ramires
    Romeu
    Mikel

Kind regards,

MvG string!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

When is Pogba joining up with the rest of the squad?

kev1.3s wrote: »
    When is Pogba joining up with the rest of the squad?

Due to link up with Falcao when he is swapped for Torres

Due to link up with Falcao when he is swapped for Torres

We dont need Falcao we've the Drog and Pog connection :pac:

ARP3679956.512.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I refuse to judge Salah or any other player even 1% for a pre season performance

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Boga really looks promising and a future Chelsea star, though reminds me a lot of Kakuta and thought the same about him.

Techless wrote: »
    Boga really looks promising and a future Chelsea star, though reminds me a lot of Kakuta and thought the same about him.

As long as he doesnt fall by the way side ala Kakuta we'll be sorted.

I'd be interested to see how the young guy signed from Barca will do in the youths next year, looks a top prospect.

Mourinho on one unhappy goalkeeper, if other plays: "But the Chelsea supporters will be happy and they’re more important than players"

oh yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

What kind of logic is that???? If supporters are happy but the players are unhappy, they play less efficiently, then the team does cr@p, then the supporters get unhappy, doesn't reciprocate

peteeeed wrote: »
    Mourinho on one unhappy goalkeeper, if other plays: "But the Chelsea supporters will be happy and they’re more important than players"

oh yes

Speaking about Courtois dya reckon?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    What kind of logic is that???? If supporters are happy but the players are unhappy, they play less efficiently, then the team does cr@p, then the supporters get unhappy, doesn't reciprocate

I think he means only 1 unhappy player, nobody wants to be on the bench but its normal part of the game.

Neither Cech or Courtois will want to be benched thats a given but unless one is sold, the other will be benched.

I think he means only 1 unhappy player, nobody wants to be on the bench but its normal part of the game.

Neither Cech or Courtois will want to be benched thats a given but unless one is sold, the other will be benched.

yeah but one unhappy player can be the bad apple that spoils the whole basket of fruit (if you pardon the analogy)

yeah but one unhappy player can be the bad apple that spoils the whole basket of fruit (if you pardon the analogy)

I think Cech being the seasoned pro that he is would suit the bench better in that regard.

TBH Courtois is only behind Neuer for Europes best GK so I'd be playing him and signing him up with an uber long extension and pay rise.

Why we don't cash in on Cech is beyond me, he's a fantastic keeper, one of the world's best, and would be an absolute waste to keep him on the bench

Why we don't cash in on Cech is beyond me, he's a fantastic keeper, one of the world's best, and would be an absolute waste to keep him on the bench

Ya, we'd probably get 10-15 for him if Monaco or PSG decide to bid for him.

They both have 2 years left on there deals so one has to go and the other has to be extended.

• Advertisement

Reports that Eto'o is to sign for QPR. :eek:

He must really like London.....and money :pac:

Reports that Eto'o is to sign for QPR. :eek:

He must really like London.....and money :pac:

FF gold!

Perhaps it is contract posturing trying to get Courtois to commit to a long term deal.

Ya, we'd probably get 10-15 for him if Monaco or PSG decide to bid for him.

They both have 2 years left on there deals so one has to go and the other has to be extended.

http://www.football365.com/chelsea/9392666/Chelsea-Plan-On-Keeping-Courtois-AND-Cech...

FF gold!

It'll probably be a lucrative 1 year deal, 2nd year dependig on results and criteria.

TBH I'd have kept Eto'o over Torres or Ba.
    Perhaps it is contract posturing trying to get Courtois to commit to a long term deal.

Only issue is if we keep Cech and Courtios who evers dropped wont sign a deal and could leave for nowt soon.

Big talk, I wonder in January when one is frooze out will we see one leave, very likely if one isnt sold this window.

It'll probably be a lucrative 1 year deal, 2nd year dependig on results and criteria.

TBH I'd have kept Eto'o over Torres or Ba.

Only issue is if we keep Cech and Courtios who evers dropped wont sign a deal and could leave for nowt soon.

Big talk, I wonder in January when one is frooze out will we see one leave, very likely if one isnt sold this window.
    i think cech will be around for 1 season like shay given when joe hart took over

i think cech will be around for 1 season like shay given when joe hart took over

We'll lose him next year for half of what we'll get this year, we dont need money but signing Schwarzer to an extenion and keeping Cech or Courtios is kind of a waste of money.

Even though I'd imagine Schwarzer is on about 20-30k a week max. The life of a 3rd choice keeper has never been so brilliant.

We'll lose him next year for half of what we'll get this year, we dont need money but signing Schwarzer to an extenion and keeping Cech or Courtios is kind of a waste of money.

Even though I'd imagine Schwarzer is on about 20-30k a week max. The life of a 3rd choice keeper has never been so brilliant.

former-boro-player-ross-turnbull-824369008.jpg

former-boro-player-ross-turnbull-824369008.jpg

Worse thign was he was our 2nd choice :pac:

Blackman was 3rd choice then, another whos got a UCL medal even though hes never played a senior game for us.....that i can think of anyway.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement