Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

17th was the gfs bday.....i knew it was something important but not as important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

PVA gone to Sunderland, good luck to him I think he'll do very well there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Johner wrote: »
    PVA gone to Sunderland, good luck to him I think he'll do very well there!

Yeah that news was a little overshadowed this evening. Wish him well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I just hope we don't have to buy him back for 20m in a few years. The Matic deal has me dreading any sales we make going well for the club

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2706095/Jose-Mourinho-didnt-try-sign-Luke-Shaw-120-000-week-wage-unsettled-Chelsea.html

Explains a bit about why we didnt pursue Shaw. Would be a great option long term but for right now Luis is the man, Shaw in 2/3 and further down the road will be an excellent FB.

Who knows maybe some 14/15 year old in the academy will turn out to be a top left back.

Or even Nathan Ake, can't say i've seen him much but he has lined out at left back a few times. David Alaba was a centre mid in his youth and look at him now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Who knows maybe some 14/15 year old in the academy will turn out to be a top left back.

Or even Nathan Ake, can't say i've seen him much but he has lined out at left back a few times. David Alaba was a centre mid in his youth and look at him now

Alaba is barcas weak link if you ask Sid Lowe,

but that is truly genius by Mourinho getting right in uniteds noses, lovely.

Youre thinking of Jordi Alba.......not David Alaba.

Alaba is a fantastic player.

According to Chelsea Sources (I know, I know) Griezmann is being announced Sunday (highly unlikely) and Pogba is being signed on Wednesday (as unlikely)

Also i cant see us going for Griezemann, weve already options in the support 3 behind a CF.

Pogba is possible and would make us out of this world but I cant see it.

• Advertisement

If we do sign either Pogba or Greizmann then someone will have to leave. By my count we already have our quota of 17 foreigners over 21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

If we do sign either Pogba or Greizmann then someone will have to leave. By my count we already have our quota of 17 foreigners over 21

I think Pogba would count as Homegrown for registration purposes as he spent 3 seasons with Man Utd as a youth player before signing for Juventus.

We'd need to sell alright to accommodate Griezmann though.

I think Pogba would count as Homegrown for registration purposes as he spent 3 seasons with Man Utd as a youth player before signing for Juventus.

We'd need to sell alright to accommodate Griezmann though.

Another good reason to sign him

Ya pogba and cesc are both home grown thanks Arsenal....and maybe Utd. :pac:

I cant see Griezemann coming in anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

GavRedKing wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2706095/Jose-Mourinho-didnt-try-sign-Luke-Shaw-120-000-week-wage-unsettled-Chelsea.html

Explains a bit about why we didnt pursue Shaw. Would be a great option long term but for right now Luis is the man, Shaw in 2/3 and further down the road will be an excellent FB.

Ridiculous wages for a 19 year old , coupled with the transfer fee doesn't make much sense in FFP. Luis is on 80k a week, which is an absolute steal for such a proven player when you compare him to Shaw's and given the fact that he is the superior player and arguably the best LB in the world at the minute.

What i dont get is, lets just say Shaw is on 120k a week, why would Utd pay that?

If they were the only club in for him surely a better deal could have been found, maybe we were in for him too and Utd outbid us entirely possible too by the way.

Granted Shaw has the potential to be one of the next generation of brilliant FBs but I can see Joses logical when people like Oscar are on just under 90k and Ramires is said to be on 65k. Long term Shaw will probably be the better FB, he is 10 years younger after all and has the world at his feet.

Im happy with our business anyway weve brought in a LB, what we needed. A CF what we desperatly needed, a new CM, what we needed and weve brought in the loan players, Zouma, Ake, Courtios.

If the window closed today id be very happy,l and of course we've seen the re-signing of a modern Chelsea legend, all and all, coupled with the sale of Luiz, the axing of lamps and etoo, weve done well this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Have we signed Pogba yet?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

OOft, this gives me willy fizz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPXYziqnGOs

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Have we signed Pogba yet?!

Wednesday :pac:

I dont believe for one minute that Chelsea Sources has insider info but his record is pretty impressive. Hes said something like 50 right 2 wrong but id take that with a pinch of salt TBH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So now we've got Cesc, Drogs, but no Ashley Cole

PSG signing Di Maria....another year of failing UEFA FFP beckons.

Just read that Real are wanting a few strikers and our own Lukaku is on their radar.
    Apparently Chelsea want 30 million. After seeing Luiz go fro 50 million snots, I think we need to be realistic here.
    We should ask for 45 million for Lukaku!:pac:

If we start against burney with

Courtios
    Azp cahill Jt luis
    Matic Cesc
    Schurrle oscar Hazard
    Costa

Which is realistic, the team cost 190 million.....expensive?

Not when Real have spent 228million on bale ronaldo and james. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'd switch Oscar and Cesc's position in that team.
    But that's just meeeeee.

We won't see either Cesc or Oscar playing DM. They are essentially both competing for the CAM role. The only way I can see them both played is if we switch to a 4-3-3 with a midfield trio of:

----Matic----
    Oscar---Fab

It was to highlight how much real have spent....but once we sign Pogba itll be changed again anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Lukker- wrote: »
    We won't see either Cesc or Fabregas playing DM. They are essentially both competing for the CAM role. The only way I can see them both played is if we switch to a 4-3-3 with a midfield trio of:

----Matic----
    Oscar---Fab

When was cesc fabregas diagnosed with schizophrenia?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

We won't see either Cesc or Fabregas playing DM. They are essentially both competing for the CAM role. The only way I can see them both played is if we switch to a 4-3-3 with a midfield trio of:

----Matic----
    Oscar---Fab

Did we spend the Pogba money on cloning Fabregas? :pac:

• Advertisement

When was cesc fabregas diagnosed with schizophrenia?

Haha :pac:

Meant Oscar of course.

It was to highlight how much real have spent....but once we sign Pogba itll be changed again anyway.

With FFP, I don't think we'll ever be able to compete financially with the likes of Madrid, even United will be hard to keep up with.

Major difference between us and United though is we are operated with results in mind, United's primary concern will always be profit.

I don't know how Madrid fit in, they don't really abide by any form of logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Panthro wrote: »
    Just read that Real are wanting a few strikers and our own Lukaku is on their radar.
    Apparently Chelsea want 30 million. After seeing Luiz go fro 50 million snots, I think we need to be realistic here.
    We should ask for 45 million for Lukaku!:pac:
    Then we can blow it on most of Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

PSG signing Di Maria....another year of failing UEFA FFP beckons.

They are being clever to get around it. He is technically going there on loan, and they "buy" him next year.

Pogba?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Ridiculous wages for a 19 year old , coupled with the transfer fee doesn't make much sense in FFP. Luis is on 80k a week, which is an absolute steal for such a proven player when you compare him to Shaw's and given the fact that he is the superior player and arguably the best LB in the world at the minute.
    Granted he had a great season last year but does one good season put you in contention for being the best in the world in your position?
    Before last season I knew he existed but wouldn't have rated him in the top 10-15 LBs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Granted he had a great season last year but does one good season put you in contention for being the best in the world in your position?
    Before last season I knew he existed but wouldn't have rated him in the top 10-15 LBs
    This is a player whom in the past has made no secret he a chelsea fan but now seems to take any opportunity to put chelsea down , I know he would be expected to speak highly of his new club but he seems to be conducting himself with little class. Utd are welcome to him in my opinion with his over inflated wage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Sorry I was on about Luis I just meant it could be a bit over the top to call him the worlds top LB after 1 good season

This fella is normally spot for all things Belgian

@BelgoFoot: Big news to be confirmed. RT @PhilipHarmeling: Good news for VfL Wolfsburg! Romelu Lukaku is really near to join VfL for a 25mio € transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Phoenix wrote: »
    Sure its Wolfsburg now reportedly offering 25 million madness to keep Torres as he is now and and let Lukaku go esp with the Drogba back to take him under his wing
    If Lukaku goes for €30m+ and Torres for €15-20m, Jose will be in for another striker.

Costa + Drog + Schurrle in emergencies won't be enough to sustain PL/UCL campaigns. Too exposed to the risk of injuries to the established strikers.

The real key here will be releasing Torres' wages.

McDave wrote: »
    If Lukaku goes for €30m+ and Torres for €15-20m, Jose will be in for another striker.

Costa + Drog + Schurrle in emergencies won't be enough to sustain PL/UCL campaigns. Too exposed to the risk of injuries to the established strikers.

The real key here will be releasing Torres' wages.

No-one is going to sign Torres.

He's well happy here collecting his 175k a week dole, he'll sign on with some Arab club after for big money when his contract is up and we'll have poured the guts of 100m down the drain.

You win some you lose some :pac::pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

What i dont get is, lets just say Shaw is on 120k a week, why would Utd pay that?

If they were the only club in for him surely a better deal could have been found, maybe we were in for him too and Utd outbid us entirely possible too by the way.

Granted Shaw has the potential to be one of the next generation of brilliant FBs but I can see Joses logical when people like Oscar are on just under 90k and Ramires is said to be on 65k. Long term Shaw will probably be the better FB, he is 10 years younger after all and has the world at his feet.

Im happy with our business anyway weve brought in a LB, what we needed. A CF what we desperatly needed, a new CM, what we needed and weve brought in the loan players, Zouma, Ake, Courtios.

If the window closed today id be very happy,l and of course we've seen the re-signing of a modern Chelsea legend, all and all, coupled with the sale of Luiz, the axing of lamps and etoo, weve done well this window.

I would be very surprised if he is on much less, at a sale price of around ST£30m I cannot he his mr 10% accepting much less. If I were his mr 10% my argument would be players in that price bracket are the best in the world and the salary will need to reflects this. Therefore if Saints holding out for ST£30m then salary was always going to be in this range.
    So from a FFP aspect for next 5 years looking at about ST£12.5m, still if getting ST£80m from Adidas affordable

peteeeed wrote: »

Think we need to organize "GavWatch" for the foreseeable!
    Poor lamb won't take this news too well at all!:(
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

The king is in the stadium today

Chelsea sources closed his twitter account ha

• Advertisement