Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Plenty of encouraging performances today.
    Fabregas was the standout, but very impressed with Van Ginkel, Ake, Azpilicueta and Diego Costa.
    Zouma has started very well. Physically dominant and will grow in reading the game from playing alongside Terry. Also a goal threat in the opposition box.
    Felipe Luis was good going forward but got exposed a couple of times on the counter.

Matic and Cahill look a bit leggy so far but that will improve throughout pre-season.

Hopefully Romeu is kept at the club this season and we can find a buyer for Mikel.
    He offers everything Mikel does with the benefit of versatility, quicker release of passes and better vision. The only knock is the lack of experience.

Salah is getting into good positions but his final ball is questionable. He could do with a loan on the evidence of the pre-season to date.
    Torres is a broken man at this stage. You almost expect him to find a way to miss a chance from 1 yard out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Torres should come good I reckon.
    :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Panthro wrote: »
    Torres should come good I reckon.
    :pac:
    God, I don't think I can laugh at Torres jokes anymore. He'll just look like a dinosaur if he stays. A thin parody of himself. Even for his own professional pride, he should move on. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Costa's 1st goal for Chelsea:

NextPoliteEmeraldtreeskink.gif

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just thinking there about who might replace Luis down the line. Does that Ola Aina lad play LB? Saw him a couple of times for the reserves and he was very solid in defence. Genuine contender to step up in a couple of seasons.

I saw the Torres miss on Twitter. Tbf, it was absolutely booted across the goal. It was one that could've gone anywhere. Unfortunately, that miss is going to stay with him. He needs to be moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Another 30 like that costa and we'll be sorted for next season. Good pace good finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd be very surprised if Cesc and Matic aren't our 1st choice CM pairing for the season

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if Cesc and Matic aren't our 1st choice CM pairing for the season

What about Pogba? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Phoenix wrote: »
    Next year Gav!

Our year

Few pics

BtkYdJ3CMAAwTwl.jpg

BtjvEIiCAAABUf2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Apparently Bamford to Boro on loan is pretty much done.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Would love to see maybe Leicester or West Brom take him, needs the step up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Would love to see maybe Leicester or West Brom take him, needs the step up

I think if he took a PL loan he'd find himself on the bench more often than not. A full year in the Championship will do him the world of good, Karanke has close ties to Mourinho so I think he'll be utilized correctly. He was played on the wing for Derby a bit too often last season.

Ake and Christensen will be in the first team squad next year according to Mourinho and Swift and Chabolah will get loaned to PL clubs.

Boga, Brown and Solanke will be training with the first team but will play for the u21's.

He didn't mention Baker, a loan in the Championship would probably do him good.

Listing all the prospect off like that gets me giddy for the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Listing all the prospect off like that gets me giddy for the future

I know! Think of all the clubs you can loan them to! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lukker- wrote: »
    Apparently Bamford to Boro on loan is pretty much done.

Shame that I think Brentford would have been a good move for him but guess the 'Boro manager swings it which is fair enough if TSHO trusts him.

Only 5 weeks left before the window shuts, whens Pogba due again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Look who's back !

j8b1Ro.gif

Griezemann to atletico looks all but done.

Of all the rumours that were doing the rounds, there was no way we were going to be in for him.

Made no sense :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

SS News were running Torres miss last nite … it gave me the best laugh of the weekend :pac:

Sure is well overdue that he go embarrass himself at another club at this stage.

It all depends on what Lukaku does really.

I honestly didnt think we'd re-sign Drogba and was assuming ti would be a 3 of Lukkau, Costa & Torres going into next year.

Theres no way I can see us taking 4 CFs into the nextcampaign so its either Torres or Lukaku for the chop and my money is on Lukaku.

Jjust doing the Twitter rounds and Rob Beasley (ties with club) reckons Pogba wont be signed at all.

That 100% confirms it for me anyway, no Pogba.

We'll be lucky to finish 17th at this rate.

But when is Pogba expected to sign for us?!

Panthro wrote: »
    But when is Pogba expected to sign for us?!

Anytime between now and Wednesday September 1st 2019 Id say

GavRedKing wrote: »
    It all depends on what Lukaku does really.

I honestly didnt think we'd re-sign Drogba and was assuming ti would be a 3 of Lukkau, Costa & Torres going into next year.

Theres no way I can see us taking 4 CFs into the nextcampaign so its either Torres or Lukaku for the chop and my money is on Lukaku.

Unless Monaco do us a huge favour Torres is going nowhere, not many can afford his wages. But in a reasonably poor league, very benign tax regime you never know Monaco could do him the world of good. Could also raise the Monaco profile and sell a few shirts so fingers crossed.

Other than that a front three of Costa, Lukaku and Torres with The Drog playing home and away against Arsenal.

With the way FFP is going I dont even think Monaco would pay Torres does wages, although to match his Chelsea take home pay (42% of 175k) at Monaco he'd probably be on about 120k Euro a week, tax free of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Unless Monaco do us a huge favour Torres is going nowhere, not many can afford his wages. But in a reasonably poor league, very benign tax regime you never know Monaco could do him the world of good. Could also raise the Monaco profile and sell a few shirts so fingers crossed.

Other than that a front three of Costa, Lukaku and Torres with The Drog playing home and away against Arsenal.

I can't believe he's back. I thought it was over.

With the way FFP is going I dont even think Monaco would pay Torres does wages, although to match his Chelsea take home pay (42% of 175k) at Monaco he'd probably be on about 120k Euro a week, tax free of course.

I am not sure given the crowds and support they have how Monaco will ever achieve FFP. That being said was it was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread that Isco or Di Maria or someone was going from RM to PSG on loan initially for a season with a view to a permanent move to try and flout FFP I can't see if FFP is operated correctly how that will fly in the case of PSG.

IIRC they were told to spend no more than about €52m net and not increase the wage bill at all. Now from what I can see they have blown the purchase bit with Luiz (the rental price for Di Maria or Isco would have to be more than €2m a season) and also they have blown the wages bit with Luiz. There is little doubt that Luiz's mr 10% got him a pretty sweet deal, given that French tax is more punitive than UK tax at the highest levels they certainly have blown the salary aspect apart - as of yet they have sold no one of note. What will PSG do next - does FFP have teeth or are they put in a glass beside the bed each night.

God knows but it going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I can't believe he's back. I thought it was over.

Looking at when we play ye, unless we've an injury crisis i cant see him playing really so ye can sleep easy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Well then Mourinho is very foolish. There's very few things you can be 100% certain of, but Didier Drogba scoring against Arsenal is one of them.

I am not sure given the crowds and support they have how Monaco will ever achieve FFP. That being said was it was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread that Isco or Di Maria or someone was going from RM to PSG on loan initially for a season with a view to a permanent move to try and flout FFP I can't see if FFP is operated correctly how that will fly in the case of PSG.

IIRC they were told to spend no more than about €52m net and not increase the wage bill at all. Now from what I can see they have blown the purchase bit with Luiz (the rental price for Di Maria or Isco would have to be more than €2m a season) and also they have blown the wages bit with Luiz. There is little doubt that Luiz's mr 10% got him a pretty sweet deal, given that French tax is more punitive than UK tax at the highest levels they certainly have blown the salary aspect apart - as of yet they have sold no one of note. What will PSG do next - does FFP have teeth or are they put in a glass beside the bed each night.

God knows but it going to be interesting to see how it pans out.

I think the PSG players are taxed something like 75% something to do with some super duper Franch tax law,thats why a lot fo their players are on north of 200k a week and why they were freaking over Monaco not paying any tax.

Frisbee wrote: »
    Well then Mourinho is very foolish. There's very few things you can be 100% certain of, but Didier Drogba scoring against Arsenal is one of them.

a lot depends on Lukaku, if he stays Drogba is 3rd choice and hopefully Torres is shipped on.

If he goes, Drogba is probably 2nd choice and Torres is 3rd.

elephant in the room.....what are we going to do with Lukaku, Cech, Mikel

Lukaku -Keep and let the likes of Drogba show him that in order to become top striker he must work his Lukacks off.
    Cech - Keep and show Coutrois that just because he's an amazing prospect, doesn't mean a man 10 years his senior can't show him a thing or two.
    Mikel - ...... Out!:D

Theyre the 3 most likely to be sold IMO.

As long as we keep Courtios im not worried about the rest. :D

what about Torres?

He'll come good. Just needs a few more seasons of under cooked mediocrity under his belt first.

• Advertisement

he played alright when he work that!:D

Look I'm not saying I want to break his nose but I will volunteer for the team

lecter_mask.jpg
    Put this on him allow the beast within to flourish and he'll bag 30 for us :pac:

Since Suarez is gone surely LFC have a few hanging around. :pac:

The money we could get for Lukaku now is probably the greatest difference between keeping them....that and nobody will buy Torres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Keep Lukaku and farm Torres out to the reserves.

Keep Cech. He'll duke it out with Courtois. There's 30-odd matches each this season, assuming (reasonably) we get to the final of three cups.

Mikel? Out. Even if we can't get Pogba in this transfer window.

Id sell Cech now. He only has 2 years off his contract left. Sign up Courtios to an extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Great minds think alike :p

Jinx. :pac:

Anyone looking for a Chelsea jersey, go to Sports Direct.com and enter the code PERKS20 for 20% your order.

Via the Bargain alert folks :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement