Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Anyone looking for a Chelsea jersey, go to Sports Direct.com and enter the code PERKS20 for 20% your order.

Via the Bargain alert folks :D

I ordered the new home kit with Fabregas on the back yesterday, I'm now eagerly awaiting its arrival.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Gonna go for Cesc on mine too.....or wait for Pogba. :pac:

In other news former blue Adam Gemili won silver in the 100m commonwealth final.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Anyone looking for a Chelsea jersey, go to Sports Direct.com and enter the code PERKS20 for 20% your order.

Via the Bargain alert folks :D

Thanks Gav, just ordered the home shirt with Fabregas on the back. Great deal.

Got the away shirt with Matic on it a couple of weeks ago.

Just waiting on Pogba to sign complete the set... :pac: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like Baker will be in the first team squad next season:

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/28/5946203/lewis-baker-chelsea-fc

Baker, Ake and Christensen from what Jose said but he also said a few more would train with the 1st team, Boga, Solanke.

Anyone else worried about Man City, theyve not really gone to the market, apart from bringing in Wily Caballero (sp) I'm struggling to think of a player theyve signed.

Anyone else worried about Man City, theyve not really gone to the market, apart from bringing in Wily Caballero (sp) I'm struggling to think of a player theyve signed.

They've signed Fernando from Porto as holding midfielder and they're meant to be bringing in Elaquim Mangala as well. The deal hasn't been confirmed yet though. Those two signings have pretty much blown their 50M FFP budget.

Mangala will be a huge improvement at centre half for them compared to Lescott/Nastasic.

Edit: Forgot about them signing Sagna on a free transfer as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

I'm gonna keep dreaming that we swap Torres and cash for falcao!

Dream on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

phobia2011 wrote: »

Dream on!

Absolutely, I think the realisation that FFP is real would stop Monaco from doing anything quite that stupid. (unless you're talking a lot of cash of course)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Jjust doing the Twitter rounds and Rob Beasley (ties with club) reckons Pogba wont be signed at all.

That 100% confirms it for me anyway, no Pogba.

We'll be lucky to finish 17th at this rate.

I thought I was the negative one ... :p

They've signed Fernando from Porto as holding midfielder and they're meant to be bringing in Elaquim Mangala as well. The deal hasn't been confirmed yet though. Those two signings have pretty much blown their 50M FFP budget.

Mangala will be a huge improvement at centre half for them compared to Lescott/Nastasic.

Edit: Forgot about them signing Sagna on a free transfer as well.

I think Nastasic is a good prospect but Mangala will be an expensive upgrade on what they have, glad the rumours we were in for him were false, much prefer Zouma for the future.
    phobia2011 wrote: »

Dream on!

Even Monaco arent that mad. :D
    greendom wrote: »
    Absolutely, I think the realisation that FFP is real would stop Monaco from doing anything quite that stupid. (unless you're talking a lot of cash of course)

Spending insane amounts doesnt seem to be stopping PSG, I wonder how they'll try and pass FFP next year.

Hopefully UEFA cripple them, cant see it happening though.

I think Nastasic is a good prospect but Mangala will be an expensive upgrade on what they have, glad the rumours we were in for him were false, much prefer Zouma for the future.

Spending insane amounts doesnt seem to be stopping PSG, I wonder how they'll try and pass FFP next year.

I think PSG are in a much better position than Monaco. But I think even PSG will have sold a couple of big names if Di Maria comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Has Torres been touted to any of the MLS clubs? Thought it'd be an ideal match for both club and him

I think PSG are in a much better position than Monaco. But I think even PSG will have sold a couple of big names if Di Maria comes in.

100%, Monaco will never be a force in world football because of FFP.

If they got into the game 10 years ago with a billionaire and not paying any taxes they could have won a few titles with mega money they have.

Eventually the 18k stadium will become a factor and without knowing the figures, I'd imagine they struggled to fill that stadium a large amount of the time, even last year in Ligue 1.

Nastasic is a good prospect alright but he seemed to fall down the pecking order at City last year under Pellegrini whether it was injuries or some other reason. Mancini really rated him and he looked fantastic the season before last.

I'd agree that Zouma was much better value than Mangala but then you do pay a premium for any player from Porto given they're basically an investment company.
    Thank Christ we're not dealing with them anymore. :pac:

Mangala dropped off in form a bit last year too (so did most of Porto's players) but he should complement Kompany well. City are still a bit suspect at left back though.

100%, Monaco will never be a force in world football because of FFP.

If they got into the game 10 years ago with a billionaire and not paying any taxes they could have won a few titles with mega money they have.

Eventually the 18k stadium will become a factor and without knowing the figures, I'd imagine they struggled to fill that stadium a large amount of the time, even last year in Ligue 1.

If it hadn't been for a certain Portuguese manager they would have won the Champions League 10 years ago ;)

Nastasic is a good prospect alright but he seemed to fall down the pecking order at City last year under Pellegrini whether it was injuries or some other reason. Mancini really rated him and he looked fantastic the season before last.

I'd agree that Zouma was much better value than Mangala but then you do pay a premium for any player from Porto given they're basically an investment company.
    Thank Christ we're not dealing with them anymore. :pac:

Mangala dropped off in form a bit last year too (so did most of Porto's players) but he should complement Kompany well. City are still a bit suspect at left back though.

Which is why I'm surprised they signed Sagna, Zabaleta is arguably the best RB in the league, so either Sagna is benched or Zab is moved to LB. :pac:
    If it hadn't been for a certain Portuguese manager they would have won the Champions League 10 years ago ;)

Losing to Monaco in the Semi Final that year was horrible actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Losing to Monaco in the Semi Final that year was horrible actually.

That was just so painful, done for the Tinkerman as well I think losing 3-1 away against 10 men was bad but when we got 2-0 up at the Bridge that should have been that.

Whatever chance Ranieri had of keeping his job went that night at the Bridge.

• Advertisement

That was just so painful, done for the Tinkerman as well I think losing 3-1 away against 10 men was bad but when we got 2-0 up at the Bridge that should have been that.

Whatever chance Ranieri had of keeping his job went that night at the Bridge.

I think it might have been their 1st goal but I'm almost certain one of our FBs was fouled at the back post in the build up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

It certainly was a dodgy goal and just before half time I think, but a lot of that night disappeared in a cloud of Guinness

Silver linings an all that, if we managed to beat Monaco that night and somehow managed to go on and beat Mourinho's Porto, he wouldn't have ended up here, he laid the foundation in 2004 for our success that decade which ultimately for that team culminated in a CL in what was effectively that teams swansong, much more romantic :)

Mourinho said today that he asked Modric to come to Chelsea, but when he said he was happy at Madrid so I'd say Fabregas was our next target.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Lukker- wrote: »
    Silver linings an all that, if we managed to beat Monaco that night and somehow managed to go on and beat Mourinho's Porto, he wouldn't have ended up here, he laid the foundation in 2004 for our success that decade which ultimately for that team culminated in a CL in what was effectively that teams swansong, much more romantic :)

Mourinho said today that he asked Modric to come to Chelsea, but when he said he was happy at Madrid so I'd say Fabregas was our next target.

Delighted. Give me Fabregas over Modric any day of the week.

Why would he want Modric when we're signing Pogba? :D

Delighted. Give me Fabregas over Modric any day of the week.

I'd honestly take either, I think Modric is more of a metronome than Fabregas, always keeps the ball moving and I think he's more tenacious off the ball than Fabregas.

Fabregas has that killer ball in him though, he's better going forward and he'll probably prove a better foil to Costa.

• Advertisement

Di Marzio, usually spot on......says Lukaku to Everton is very close for 24million STG.

f**k sake, even though Im resigned to losing him, the fact we probably couldnt shift Torres doesnt help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Is loaning out a foreign player a way of getting around that max no. of foreign players allowed?
    If so, Farm the fock out Torres!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Panthro wrote: »
    Is loaning out a foreign player a way of getting around that max no. of foreign players allowed?
    If so, Farm the fock out Torres!

Weve to get rid of one. A loan or transfer counts.

Phoenix wrote: »
    How long is left in his contract?

Lukaku and Torres both have 2years left on their deals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Apparently we've nicked madrids physio , hope that doesn't mean the end of the lovely Eva

peteeeed wrote: »
    Apparently we've nicked madrids physio , hope that doesn't mean the end of the lovely Eva

Dr. Pogba?

The Belgians are due back shortly, I think they'll be linking up before we play Bremen on the 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

daily mirror reporting that we are asking for £30 mill to put off everton

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/romelu-lukaku-everton-transfer-looking-3932968

peteeeed wrote: »
    daily mirror reporting that we are asking for £30 mill to put off everton

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/romelu-lukaku-everton-transfer-looking-3932968

Looks like a cop out if true.

It says we're willing to sell but at the right price.

I'd prefer if we told them f**k off and we kept him but if he wants out and wants 1st team football so be it.

So....our 25 man squad next year must have 4 HG players and at most 17 foreginers.

HG in bold, not including U21 players as they dont have to be registered so dont take up space.

Cech/Courtios/Shwarzer

Azp/Ivan
    Cahill/JT/
    Bertrand/Luis

Cesc/Matic/Ramires/Josh Mc

Hazard/Schurrle/Willian/Oscar/Moses

Torres/Drogba/Costa/

U21's

Blackman

Ake/Christensen/Zouma

MVG/Salah/Baker

Lukaku/Brown

Pick and choose fromthe above as to who will make our 17 foreign players I'd say it'll be

Courtios/Schwarzer/Cech

Azp/Ivan

3CBs are either HG or U21

Luis

Matic/Ramires/Mikel/Romeu

Hazard/Schurrle/Willian/Oscar

Torres/Drogba/Costa

Thats 17, but I cant see why we've to sell or loan one to fit in people. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just get one of the foreign lads to apply for dual citizenship. And for the purposes of football, he's an Englishman. Wooo!
    I should be Jose's lawyer.

Panthro wrote: »
    Just get one of the foreign lads to apply for dual citizenship. And for the purposes of football, he's an Englishman. Wooo!
    I should be Jose's lawyer.

Generally to claim it you have to be living in the country for at least 5 years, in the UK anyway and it has to be on an ongoing basis.

I also dont think it counts, you're either HG or trained by the club from 15 onwards for 3 years to count as HG, the rest are johnny foreginers which will count more next year when Lukaku and Salah drop off the U21 list and will have to be registered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lukaku just tweeted,
    R.Lukaku Bolingoli ‏@RomeluLukaku9

Time to write a new chapter.....

Btyn3anCAAAuRhY.jpg

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Lukaku just tweeted,

Btyn3anCAAAuRhY.jpg

I think the Belgian lads are due to meet the squad today, hopefully its that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Hope so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Lukaku has signed a 5 year deal with Everton Kristoff Terreur and DH have confirmed on twitter.

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Lukaku has signed a 5 year deal with Everton Kristoff Terreur and DH have confirmed on twitter.

I'd wait until the clubs confirm it but it does look likely hes out the door.

Well f**k it anyway.

2014 and our 2 back up options are a 36 year old and Torres. :(

We need Costa to perform miracles and stay fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

I'd wait until the clubs confirm it but it does look likely hes out the door.

Well f**k it anyway.

2014 and our 2 back up options are a 36 year old and Torres. :(

We need Costa to perform miracles and stay fit.

Reckon we'll go for another striker?

Meglamonia wrote: »
    Reckon we'll go for another striker?

We'd have to offload Torres before another is brought in, I reckon anyway.

We could play Schurrle, Cesc or Hazard as false 9's if we really wanted to.

Disappointed hes going as its likely Torres and Drogba will be gone next year and we'll be buying again.

So hopefully 2015/16 is Bamfords time to shine and maybe another CF.

If Lukaku ends up at Everton I reckon he'll be sold on in under 5 years for nearly 40-50million, hes only 21 now.

Even tough I'm disappointed the blame lies squarely at his door step and his acting up last year.

So lets say Lukaku is off.

Who do we buy assuming Torres is sold (hopefully)

Cavani - Wont be cheap but looks to be on his way out off PSG, we'll probably end up spending the 50million they gave us for Luiz which would ring alarm bells for FFP doping in a way.
    Falcao - serious knee injury aside, there was claims he was 2/3 years older than what he was.
    Bamford - Keep him as 3rd choice, no loan
    Brown - Keep him as 3rd choice, no loan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lukaku still hasn't changed his twitter biog from
    Belgian international of Chelsea football Club

In other news, Izzy Brown is on his way home from Chelsea pre-season, hes picked up a knock and is going back to London for treatment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Was there a quote from Mourinho a week or two back saying summer spending was done? I thought I saw it on BBC....

With Lukaku almost certainly gone I would think we have to buy again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement