Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

abelard wrote: »
    Was there a quote from Mourinho a week or two back saying summer spending was done? I thought I saw it on BBC....

With Lukaku almost certainly gone I would think we have to buy again

That comment from mourinho is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Was there a quote from Mourinho a week or two back saying summer spending was done? I thought I saw it on BBC....

Meglamonia wrote: »
    That comment from mourinho is to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Especially as Drogba came in 2/3 days later.

although he was free so Jose was right, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

He said that in January too and we bought Zouma and Salah.

TSHO works in mysterious ways his wonderful work to do.

As for Lukaku if he is gone good riddance he might reckon he is the dogs but with Belgiums best striker at home with an injury he still lost his place to a teenager.

He might come good but we can do without the melodramatics, should have gone for Mandzukic that was the mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

If Lukaku does end up leaving, what would you guys think of getting Wilfred Bony as his replacement?

redman85 wrote: »
    If Lukaku does end up leaving, what would you guys think of getting Wilfred Bony as his replacement?

Bony did OK in a struggling Swansea side last season, is he good enough not sure but we need someone he would certainly do a job against the likes of Hull or Leicester I guess.

Cavani I dont really rate was dire at the world cup and did nowt against us in the CL. Falcao seems to have his heart set on Madrid.

Perhaps Jay Rodriguez I know he has knee knack but he is English.

• Advertisement

redman85 wrote: »

f**k no, we've to be buying better players than that.
    Bony did OK in a struggling Swansea side last season, is he good enough not sure but we need someone he would certainly do a job against the likes of Hull or Leicester I guess.

Cavani I dont really rate was dire at the world cup and did nowt against us in the CL. Falcao seems to have his heart set on Madrid.

Perhaps Jay Rodriguez I know he has knee knack but he is English.

No to J.Rodriguez either, I'd go for Bamford but unless we sell/loan Torres, there'll be no new people in.

Actually, even with Lukaku gone we still have to get rid of one Johnny Foreginer to comply with 17 foreginers in the squad.

I just dont see a strike force of Costa, Drog's, Torres and maybe Bamford being good enough to challenge on all fronts. By and large we will have 1 striker 1 good enough for the last 20 - 30 minutes 1 really untested at the biggest level and 1 who is a shadow lets be fair most Chelsea fans hearts sink when they see Torres on the teamsheet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Atsu on loan to Sunderland according to sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lukaku is almost certainly gone at this stage.

£25m isn't bad business, apparently we only paid £11m for him because he didn't meet any of the add-ons or clauses (appearance based, he only played 4 times) for us that would have brought it up to £18m that was reported at the time.

So another good deal with regards to FFP, Chelsea have gotten their act together majorly in recent times, if you look at our recent transfers out we've made very good money off all those deals.

• Advertisement

Lukker- wrote: »
    Lukaku is almost certainly gone at this stage.

£25m isn't bad business, apparently we only paid £11m for him because he didn't meet any of the add-ons or clauses (appearance based, he only played 4 times) for us that would have brought it up to £18m that was reported at the time.

So another good deal with regards to FFP, Chelsea have gotten their act together majorly in recent times, if you look at our recent transfers out we've made very good money off all those deals.

That is a good way of looking at it I suppose we would have earned a few quid from the Baggies and Toffees as well in rental fees. Our Belgian contingent is dropping with Lukaku and KdB doing a bunk but made good money as well.

Sad thing is we do really need to replace Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

We already have 1 extra foreign player in the squad, so realistically we'd need to sell 2 to bring in another striker. Lukaku doesn't free up a space because he was 21.

As long as we have Courtios and Hazard the other Belgians can feck off :pac:

I sadly agree that we've to replace him and it wont be cheap but if we can magic Torres off to somewhere thats huge money off the wage bill.

Does anyone know if Pogba can play up front?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Pogba can play up front?

For 60million he'd want to :pac:

Hes actually a home grown player so he doesnt even break the foreginer took our jeeeeeebrs type.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Not entirely surprised that Lukaku's leaving. He's been agitating about a move for the last 12 months.

If he had backed himself last season he'd have been first choice ahead of Torres and Eto'o with Ba leaving.

If reports from Belgium are correct the fee could be £30 million (€38 million) which would be a decent profit but with the lack of homegrown strikers available he will be hard to replace.

Who do you think we could get in as a replacement for Lukaku?

Cavani will be linked heavily now but I can't see it happening if we didn't sign him last summer.
    Aubameyang, Bony and Remy could be other options who would offer something to the squad.

When's Pogba having his medical?

Well according to twitter yesterday seems like Remy will be struggling to get a club after failing the Liverpool medical so will most likely be staying put.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Well according to twitter yesterday seems like Remy will be struggling to get a club after failing the Liverpool medical so will most likely be staying put.

He's had a heart condition that was diagnosed prior to signing with Marseille but it doesn't seem to have affected him playing.

I'd say Liverpool couldn't insure the risk based on the medical he had there.
    Ba had similar question marks over his knees prior to signing with Newcastle and us.

It's just whether your prepared to take the risk on the transfer.

Not entirely surprised that Lukaku's leaving. He's been agitating about a move for the last 12 months.

If he had backed himself last season he'd have been first choice ahead of Torres and Eto'o with Ba leaving.

If reports from Belgium are correct the fee could be £30 million (€38 million) which would be a decent profit but with the lack of homegrown strikers available he will be hard to replace.

Who do you think we could get in as a replacement for Lukaku?

Cavani will be linked heavily now but I can't see it happening if we didn't sign him last summer.
    Aubameyang, Bony and Remy could be other options who would offer something to the squad.

When's Pogba having his medical?

I cant see Cavani joining unless he was played through the middle, he was often wide for PSG and even though he got 14/15 goals he didnt seem happy out there but his work rate is off the chart for a CF, he'd be the hardest worker out of all them by a mile.

Wont happen though.

Hopefully we'll swing by Italy and pick up Pogba soon.

If you believe twitter Remy failed a medicial with us back in 2011 for a dodgy ticker.

Hes a no go.

• Advertisement

Yea read that somewhere about Remy failing a medical with us a s well before, can't say I recall that though.

This article basically a good summary of why Lukaku will more than likely not be a Chelsea player come season kick off. It is really what we all said about him, he might make it but if he leaves I certainly hope not

http://thepremierleagueowl.com/why-romelu-lukaku-is-being-sold-by-chelsea/

@Everton: Everton have called a media conference for 7pm this evening. The conference will be broadcast live on http://t.co/Xu5xBqA2lO. #EFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

£24m according to Matt Law on twitter, could go up to £30 depending on bonuses, very very low, everything about Lukaku confuses me at this stage.

In all honesty, not one top team were in for him, just like De Bruyne, has to say alot, Jose knows better than I do about the player, must have been something he didnt like.

Never quite explained what happened with De Bruyne, so I doubt he'll explain Lukakus sale...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

We can't afford to go into the new season with Costa, Torres and Drogba as the striking options.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The reasons why he wasn't right for Chelsea were there for us all to see but I'm still disappointed. He seemed like he had the tools and attitude to become our main man for years to come.

More disappointing is that Torres remains on the books. It's infuriating that there is such a useless, yet insanely costly, player occupying a spot in the squad that could be used to bring in a world class striker. It's not Torres fault that the club have splurged so much money on him but I can't help but resent him at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The reasons why he wasn't right for Chelsea were there for us all to see but I'm still disappointed. He seemed like he had the tools and attitude to become our main man for years to come.

More disappointing is that Torres remains on the books. It's infuriating that there is such a useless, yet insanely costly, player occupying a spot in the squad that could be used to bring in a world class striker. It's not Torres fault that the club have splurged so much money on him but I can't help but resent him at this stage.

Seriously?

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Seriously?

Obviously now it seems that his attitude isn't the right one for the club and Mourinho but when we first signed him he seemed so humble, his decision to stay at Anderlecht for as long as he did, to not go to Real Madrid at such a young age, how he came across in interviews, his well-publicized love of the sport and knowledge of it, he seemed like a humble, down to earth, football loving lad who was living the dream.

Chelsea team v @MijnVitesse : Cech (c); Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luis, Van Ginkel, Fabregas, Matic, Salah, Costa, Torres.

EDIT We are expecting a 4-2-3-1 formation tonight with Matic and Van Ginkel holding and Fabregas in the no.10 role behind the striker.

Kick off is at 6.30pm!

Nice shot of courtois in his Chelsea training gear

1-0 salah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Ahh a striker

1-0! Salah.

Offside but lovely run by Costa and lovely ball.

Costa is quality, finally a striker!

Costa is made for the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Any links?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Cech showing why Courtois is the future, needs to be dominant there

Super save Cech.

Hello, costa not happy with the centre back

Fabregas 2-0 free kick beauty

Cesc!

Fantastic Fabregas free-kick. Absolutely loving seeing him play in a Chelsea jersey.

Lovely free kick from Fabregas!

Salah nearly with 3. Looks like we are starting to kick into gear.

Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh, our Cesc is on fire. :pac:

Cech making decent saves.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement