Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

This is perhaps the most nonsensical thing I have read in silly season and by God there has been lots

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/31/en/football/spanish_football/1406791886.html?

So Schurrle to Atletico, an absolute beast off the bench and perhaps our most realistic back up to Costa given Drogs age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

This is perhaps the most nonsensical thing I have read in silly season and by God there has been lots

http://www.marca.com/2014/07/31/en/football/spanish_football/1406791886.html?

So Schurrle to Atletico, an absolute beast off the bench and perhaps our most realistic back up to Costa given Drogs age.

I reckon everyone of the support players, bar Hazard, is more likely to be sold than Schurrle, hes a very good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

[Repost from 3 months ago:](http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/226u6j/chelsea_clearout_as_jose_mourinho_plans_to/cgkhn2x)

Lukaku is at the perfect place in Everton, he'll grow a little bit more and be a striker that scores 20-30 PL goals in a season for them. He'll be an all time hero there and an extremely respected PL striker.

Unfortunately, he's not made for winning the Champions League as the number 1 striker for Chelsea. Once he moves to Chelsea the level of scrutiny from the world media and the fans will increase a million times, and with every little error magnified and criticized.

There's a huge difference in scoring some goals for Everton and scoring goals for Chelsea. Most of the goals he scored for West Brom last season and Everton this season are goals he wouldn't score for Chelsea, just because the way other clubs play against Chelsea.

Lukaku is efficient when he plays against clubs that want to attack, that want to play football. Most of the clubs Chelsea face don't want to go forward and just want to stay strong at the back. Lukaku can't do **** when the opponent plays like that.

Watching him play for Everton I've noticed that on more than one occasion he was in the position to play in a teammate with a simple pass, but instead opted to attempt to take on a defender or dally on the ball, with none of them being successful, with his record when crossing the ball identically disappointing.

Scoring goals is, of course, the primary task of a striker, and in that sense Lukaku's performance it's a success. Yet, punishing slack marking is one thing, creating chances and making the right decisions in crucial moments of tighter game is something else altogether, and that's what Jose Mourinho is looking for.

The important fact that he wastes a million chances, can't control or pass a ball for **** is something people quickly forget or conveniently choose to ignore. If you watch closely, his teammates at Everton are reluctant to pass him the ball a lot of times for this same reason. If you watch Deulofeu he hardly ever passes him the ball.

As much as I love the guy, Lukaku’s movement off the ball and first touch are pretty poor. He is a top notch finisher and has enough strength to rival Drogba, but aside from that he doesn’t really offer much in terms of linking up with the midfield.

He'll get his chance next season probably and I'm very curious to see how people will react once he stops scoring goals. My personal opinion is that he'll either flop or not play for Chelsea at all.

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but it is another brief analysis of how Chelsea are reacting to FFP.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/chelsea/why-chelsea-are-setting-the-perfect-ffp-example

There really has been a sea change at Chelsea over the past 4 or 5 years, it is good to see that we actually have not touched the transfer budget that we would have been allowed to spend under FFP rules yet still have a much stronger team than last season. There are a few errors in the article Torres will not be sold for example other than that whilst a fairly obvious article it is reasonably balanced and written but a non Chelsea supporter.

For those who forecast in 2003 that Roman would get bored and be gone in 3 years leaving us in a dire financial mess all I can say is that worked well :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Its good that we're making FFP work considering we're seriously down on matchday revenue compared to City, Arsenal, Utd and soon to be Spurs and Liverpool.

Also, this year is a huge test, we have to win the league or else Jose and the squad is under serious pressure for next year.

I'd love to win the UCL next year but I think Barca and aReal are looking very strong, Bayern too, so for me, right now the EPL should be the main priority and it has to be won, last year was our best run since Carlo last won it for us and the squad this year is very complete and has a good balance to it.

If I was to pick our team for Burnley it would be

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Luis
    Matic Cesc
    Willian Oscar Hazard
    Costa

Bench:
    Courtios
    Azp Zouma
    MVG
    Salah Schurrle
    Drogba

Reason I've put in Ivan and Cech is for experience, Burnley away on the opening day will be an early test for us, they wont be scared at all and it could be a huge scalp so the experience will really help.

Also, Costa, Cesc, Luis = 75m

Lukaku , Luiz = 78m

3m profit, break out the coke and hookers. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »

Lukaku , Luiz = 78m

even better

Bt2fq5nCYAAaNe2.jpg

Ya, thats seriously good business as we're not losing players that havent been replaced by guys of similar quality.

Zouma - Luiz
    Cesc/Matic/Sala - Mata/De Bruyne
    Costa - Lukaku/Ba
    Luis - Cole/PVA/Bertrand

When you look at that we've done very well, IMO.

Didn't get to see the match last night how did Wallace and Traore play for the B team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Ya, thats seriously good business as we're not losing players that havent been replaced by guys of similar quality.

Zouma - Luiz
    Cesc/Matic/Sala - Mata/De Bruyne
    Costa - Lukaku/Ba
    Luis - Cole/PVA/Bertrand

When you look at that we've done very well, IMO.

We are not Arsenal though. We need to win trophies THEN pat ourselves on the back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We are not Arsenal though. We need to win trophies THEN pat ourselves on the back!

you didn't have Arsenal's financial constraints that's for sure. That meant a certain amount of leeway was given to performance at the Emirates. Now we seem to be able to spend as freely as you guys, finishing 4th won't be enough.

Didn't get to see the match last night how did Wallace and Traore play for the B team?

I was only flicking back and forth between the stream and TV TBH.

Ssssshhh they'll be in on about the FA cup now :pac:

I can see what youre saying but since we last won the league we've won pretty much every other trophy we could.

I will say though, I think this season brings huge pressure for Pellegrini, Jose and Wenger.

Pellegrini to retain it with arguably the best squad.
    Jose to win it, as we've spent big money and have a very good squad.
    Wenger to push and maybe win it as hes spent money and they'll wanna push on from 4th.
    Rodgers expected to push again but a top 4 finish wouldnt be a disaster.
    LVG miracles are expected but a top 4 finish would be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Lukaku , Luiz = 78m

It's not bad when you compare it like that!

On Schurrle, it's a shame (in a way) that he was with Germany until the end, would have been great having him putting pressure on Willian for the starting RW spot, not been impressed with Salah at all tbh...

Pictures of Courtios in training doing the rounds this morning.

It's not bad when you compare it like that!

On Schurrle, it's a shame (in a way) that he was with Germany until the end, would have been great having him putting pressure on Willian for the starting RW spot, not been impressed with Salah at all tbh...

When are the Brazilians back? has to be sometime early next week you'd imagine.

When are the Brazilians back? has to be sometime early next week you'd imagine.

thought it was 4 weeks off, so that would be 8th of August (4 weeks since the 3rd/4th play-off)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Back on Monday according to Jose

greendom wrote: »
    thought it was 4 weeks off, so that would be 8th of August (4 weeks since the 3rd/4th play-off)

Ramires is still suspended anyway for the 1st game of the season.
    Oscar can be replaced with Cesc.
    Willian replaced by Salah.

Thats just for the opening game anyway, with only a week of pre-season under the belt I wouldnt be playing those guys, same with Schurrle.

Unless theyve been keeping up their fitness on their holidays.

• Advertisement

Ramires is still suspended anyway for the 1st game of the season.
    Oscar can be replaced with Cesc.
    Willian replaced by Salah.

Thats just for the opening game anyway, with only a week of pre-season under the belt I wouldnt be playing those guys, same with Schurrle.

Unless theyve been keeping up their fitness on their holidays.

Arsene has stated that none of the German lads will be playing against Palace.

greendom wrote: »
    Arsene has stated that none of the German lads will be playing against Palace.

Weve only the 1 so with willian and salah we'll be ok for cover I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I tji k Andre is due a love in.

Andre will get games this year he'll push Willian very close to starting. Hes more of a threat than Willian even if Willian offers a marginally better work rate, IMO.

peteeeed wrote: »

I'd love Cavani but our replacement for Lukaku or even Torres will probably come in for less than Lukaku was sold for and he'll have to be happy to be a back up.

I mentioned Huntelaar or Gomez recently but apart from them i'm struggling to see someone who is

1) Good enough
    2) willing to sit on the bench
    3) wont cost 30+ million

• Advertisement

I'd love Cavani but our replacement for Lukaku or even Torres will probably come in for less than Lukaku was sold for and he'll have to be happy to be a back up.

I mentioned Huntelaar or Gomez recently but apart from them i'm struggling to see someone who is

1) Good enough
    2) willing to sit on the bench
    3) wont cost 30+ million

hernandez , not sure about no.2 on that list though

gael kakuta on loan to Rayo Vallecano

Bt3yVBTCQAAz1si.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

I don't think Jose will buy anyone what with FFP an all.
    Maybe Doumbia top scorer in Russia wouldn't be a bad signing depending on what role Drogba will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    gael kakuta on loan to Rayo Vallecano

Jesus would we ever cut him loose :confused:

We're probably saving our money for Pogba, only way to explain it.

• Advertisement

Kakuta off to Spain for the season, running down the contract I suppose will never play for us again I think anyway

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/spanish-loan-for-kakuta.html?

oops bit late there

Kakuta off to Spain for the season, running down the contract I suppose will never play for us again I think anyway

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/spanish-loan-for-kakuta.html?

oops bit late there

gael will be chuffed when he googles himself , 2 mentions on boards :)

If only we could loan Torres out. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Bleecher report saying that Mou won't sell Torres this summer :(

duploelabs wrote: »
    Bleecher report saying that Mou won't sell Torres this summer :(

If he scores the winner in an important game, I'll be happy although I cant see him doing an Eto'o on it. :(

Winners against Utd, Liverpool, 1st goal against Arsenal.

I just cant see Torres doing similar at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Not too disappointed Torres is staying to be honest.. poor as hes been overall for us hes put in some big performances in big games IMO.

Has a better attitude than Lukaku anyway

Not too disappointed Torres is staying to be honest.. poor as hes been overall for us hes put in some big performances in big games IMO.

Has a better attitude than Lukaku anyway

I'd have kept Eto'o over Torres but that was never happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Ahh I had a feeling this would happen.
    Chelsea always manage to pull a **** up or do something which takes away from the progress they've made. Summer business up until yesterday had went just about perfect but selling lukaku and keeping Torres would hint at nobody else coming in. Costa injured = back to last season, realistically.

Club should try to find a way of cynically fining him his week's (Torres') until he gets the message.

One thing in fairness that you can say about Torres is he does try, the harder he tries the worse he gets sometimes but he tries.

As for Lukaku shame he does not have Delac's patience

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/494093/CONFIRMED-Matej-Delac-agrees-two-year-extension-at-Chelsea-despite-work-permit-issue

I hate the Daily Mail bjut this is an entertaining yet very wrong headline.

"cash for trash" How Jose Mourinho has raised £141m from selling unwanted players at Chelsea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2711735/Romelu-Lukaku-departure-Everton-means-Jose-Mourinho-raised-141m-selling-unwanted-players-Chelsea.html

• Advertisement

Jose on MVG.
    "I thought it was very unfortunate that he fell away last season due to a serious injury," recalled Mourinho to Vitesse's website.

"Even in his first season, we already had high expectations for Marco.

"He must continue to work hard, but he is a great guy and as a player he has tremendous potential

no Pogba so unless Mikel is sold.

Delac is probably signing one so he can be sold on, he was rated highly when he was brought in by us.

32 days until the transfer window closes......wheres Pogba?

Courtios

Bt4mSI-IEAEAHx5.jpg:large

No his hands arent huge, they use smaller balls, even tennis balls sometimes for hand/eye coordination.

Bt4mR3-IUAAlhWk.jpg:large

Bt4mSJbIYAEpKlE.jpg:large

First interview tonight at 6.45

Bt37ozqIcAAA71L.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

He looks seriously pissed off in that picture.

Uncomfortable chair or uncomfortable question perhaps? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Kirby wrote: »
    He looks seriously pissed off in that picture.

Uncomfortable chair or uncomfortable question perhaps? :P

He'll be pretty pissed off if he can't dislodge Cech from the first team.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement