Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Courtois interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Full interview here : http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/courtois--in-chelsea-colours-now.html
    ‘It was so nice to see that the Chelsea supporters appreciated my talent and my work at Atletico,’ says Courtois. ‘To see them clapping me was quite special and hopefully now I can give them joy by helping the team win games and trophies.

‘That night was a really good experience, but obviously I was playing for the other side at Stamford Bridge so it was a little bit weird. Now I’m just looking forward to playing a game at Stamford Bridge in the Chelsea colours.’

With the game and the tie against Atletico delicately poised at 1-1, Courtois produced what Jose Mourinho would describe afterwards as an ‘impossible save’, thwarting John Terry. The game had swung in Atletico’s favour.

Courtois donned his Chelsea training kit for the first time this morning (Thursday), working under the guidance of goalkeeping coach Christophe Lollichon.

‘It was a very nice session,’ he says. ‘It was great to work with him. He has so much variation in his exercises to help us become better and to make us think very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lukker- wrote: »

I love Cech and hes the reason we won the UCL, IMO he was the MoTM on the night but Drogbas equaliser and winning penalty grabbed the headline thje man saved a penalty in normal time and 2 in the shootout while going the right way for every penalty.

The man is a proper club legend but I cant imgaine he or Courtois will want to be warming the bench and Courtois is the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Looks like TSHO likes the cut of Traore's jib, lets hope he gets loads of international matches so.

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/7/31/5955663/work-permit-issues-only-thing-keeping-bertrand-traore-from-chelsea

• Advertisement

PSG ain't going to get rid of Cavani cheap if Cavani's statement is anything to go by.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/psg_striker_plays_down_links_to_arsenal_chelsea_and_manchester_united_1_3707334

I really hope we leave him there and don't help PSG with their FFP commitments.

If PSG do want rid of Cavani there'll be no shortage of takers but he'll have to drop his wage demand to move to pretty much any team on the planet.

There would be no shortage of takers but how many clubs can realistically afford him? Apparently PSG paid north of €60m for him they would need to get a lot of that back. Then of course there is the little issue of salary, like Nando why would he drop his salary nobody forced PSG to pay him €200k a week.

So lets say he is paid €200k a week and cost €60m on a 5 year contract that means his FFP value per year is over €22m, that is nothing to sneeze at, not many could take it on and if to comply PSG cannot just write it off.

the reported wages are subject to Frances crazy tax rate though and i imagine if he sat dwon with another club and they told him as it is, you wont be earning anything near that he'd move.

Saying that I cant see him wanting to move, Paris is a great city, even if I hate it so the only way he'll be sold will be against his will and if thats the case the buying club holds all the aces if PSG want him off the wage bill and to free up money for Di Maria, reportedly.

Matic is 26 today, thats very old, time for Pogba to be brought in.

• Advertisement

GavRedKing wrote: »
    the reported wages are subject to Frances crazy tax rate though and i imagine if he sat dwon with another club and they told him as it is, you wont be earning anything near that he'd move.

Saying that I cant see him wanting to move, Paris is a great city, even if I hate it so the only way he'll be sold will be against his will and if thats the case the buying club holds all the aces if PSG want him off the wage bill and to free up money for Di Maria, reportedly.

Shame on you Gav Paris is a fantastic city absolutely love the place.

Thats what I was getting at Cavani has raised the bar saying he loves the place and wants to stay or in other words it is going to cost you to get rid of me. Thankfully I cannot see a cheap way out of the for PSG. With Di Maria it could be the loan option for a year but they still have the problem of reducing wages to cover what Di Maria and Luiz will be getting and of course the cost of hiring Di Maria for the season

Lets just put an end to it, we wont be signing Cavani, maybe if we didnt have Costa but I cant see us spending all the Lukaku money and then some to replace Lukaku with a guy equally unhappy not to be playing.

I actually think TSHO might actually mean it this time that no more players will be coming in because really we need English players. We have too many non association players as it is, he has not shown to be good enough but that may keep Moses at the club for another season he is at least an eligible body.

At least in Drogba we have a player who has been playing at a reasonable level last season and will get the best part of a pre season with us so he will be a much better option than Eto'o was. I do think he is a one season option though and then off to the coaching side of things.

Drogda going next summer does open up another foreign player spot and with the money we have not spent this summer (and we really have not touched our transfer kitty at all) and the money we will have available next summer (which will be loads after winning the PL and the CL) will I think see another serious striker join.

If you look at the top teams in England our squad for next season is pretty much complete. City's squad does need a little tweaking but by and large is complete. Arsenal still need to do something with their defence but midfield and attack is pretty settled really. Man United still have a lot to do and Liverpool confuse me a bit with their signings for me their defence and defensive midfield is weak so they still have work to do. Spurs God alone knows new manager who seems to know what he is doing but very little activity as yet, perhaps he can get more from a very expensive squad than previous managers? Our squad as it stands is much stronger than at the start of last season we are in pretty good shape really I feel.

So top 2 I think is between us and City and I would back us to shade it, Arsenal I see third then a battle royal between Liverpool and United for fourth with Spurs and Everton keeping them honest. Could be a really exciting season.

I reckon we're doing pretty well squad wise. we have our 3 HG players sorted in Cesc, Cahill, JT.

Our next options are to keep Moses or Josh Mc as Bertrand and Kakuta are loaned out.

Alternatively we can over pay for an English player if we like to meet the quota....or just buy Pogba. :pac:

Cech or Courtois debate happening in the main forum.

Pretty much everyone agrees it should be Courtois starting ahead of Cech, I agree, sadly.

even though Cech is within touching distance of the EPL clean sheet record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

john swift on loan to rotherham for a season long loan

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/loan-for-swift.html

peteeeed wrote: »
    john swift on loan to rotherham for a season long loan

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/loan-for-swift.html

Hopefully he does very well, its a level or two below what I'd hope he'd get but still if guys like Baker are ahead of him in Joses eye so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Chelsea should go for hernandez.
    Reasonable fee, type of striker who'd compliment them, his goals pretty much won United the league one year (10-11 I think, against chelsea included) and United kind of owe them a move between the two after acquiring Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Chelsea should go for hernandez.
    Reasonable fee, type of striker who'd compliment them, his goals pretty much won United the league one year (10-11 I think, against chelsea included) and United kind of owe them a move between the two after acquiring Mata

Don't think he's in the mood to swap one bench for another though

My thoughts exactly. Hernandez wont wanna be back up again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭tigger123

Lampard to City... Is this really happening?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Phoenix wrote: »
    huh?link?

Its on the daily mail.
    Hopefully he doesn't return.
    I don't want to see him sitting on the bench for city. (Presuming he makes the bench?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd be f*cking sickened tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭tigger123

Phoenix wrote: »
    huh?link?

More than just the Fail reporting it.

Frank Lampard set for shock short-term move to Manchester City

http://gu.com/p/4ve5q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

its frank were talking about he bleeds blue, Chelsea Blue!

Never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

This is an absolutely shocking revelation, never taught I'd see the day!

Dont city have ties with this New York franchise?

Id be surprised TBH, very very surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Not a Chelsea fan but popped in to see the reaction to the alleged Lampard news... Thought there'd be more of a reaction... I'd be pretty pissed off and bewildered myself

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Bizarre.

He isn't going to see any game time. Why sit on the bench at City when he could sit on the bench at Chelsea where he's loved?

Kirby wrote: »
    Bizarre.

He isn't going to see any game time. Why sit on the bench at City when he could sit on the bench at Chelsea where he's loved?

He wasnt offered a contract by us it seems.

The New York team are owned by City so I guess he wouldn't be loaned out to us for the few months as it could help us and therefore hurt their season.

I wouldn't like to see him go there but it seems its more so he can keep up his level while waiting to start in the MLS, he's never going to be a massive player for them.....I would hope.

I would of assumed that he would have pushed for a loan move to there Australian franchise tho, seems strange that he would jepredise his holding at chelsea for the sake of a few months conditioning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Would he be due to play against Chelsea during his loan spell ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

greendom wrote: »
    Would he be due to play against Chelsea during his loan spell ?
    Twice!
    It's up until March

With Citys CM id seriously doubt he'd get in unless they were struggling with injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Apparently both Frank and Ashley were offered new deals to stay at Chelsea :eek:

Source

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Lampard confirmed for city but doesn't what to be selected against Chelsea. Hope him the best but hope he does not help them to too many points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Why would he go to City to sit on the bench ? I think i know why but dont want to say it

Wouldn't hurt as much if he went to a lower down club

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    Lampard confirmed for city but doesn't what to be selected against Chelsea. Hope him the best but hope he does not help them to too many points.

Where did you see it as confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Where did you see it as confirmed?

Pellegrini.

Pretty pissed off about it to be honest, he's finished and won't do anything for them but still!

I assume he had a chance to join City or Melbourne and England was his choice.

He's bound to be kept to a higher standard with City than Melbourne,
    I hate that he's joined them but I can't see it having any major effect on his legacy at the club.

Killinator wrote: »
    He's bound to be kept to a higher standard with City than Melbourne,
    I hate that he's joined them but I can't see it having any major effect on his legacy at the club.

Unless he bangs in a winner at the Shed end :o

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Would cheer it even if it cost us the title, I still think the whole stadium should be burnt as pyre of farewell :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What he does in his private life is his business!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I would imagine being closer to the family had a part to play? Also keeping fit in world class facilities as opposed to Oz or NY, and the fact City are really the parent club of NYC... Would rather he wasn't there but it'll be on the bench at most I think.

Well today we should finally see Courtois in a Chelsea jersey and also the return of Drogba. :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement