Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Looking forward to the summer '15 transfer window already!
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sami-khedira-join-chelsea-free-3962162

That should do for Mikel, if he's not gone before then.

Jose has achieved some major, major upgrades in the last year. We're no longer dependent on the likes of Luiz, Mikel, Ramires and Torres, none of whom you can build sustained success around. Neither was Mata the man for the post-tiki taka world. He also gave the up and coming KDB and Lukaku the heave ho, neither of whom have demonstrated their value at the very top. KDB had a decent WC, but not enough to raise regrets. Lukaku looks like dressing-room poison. Well shot of him.

I'm very confident about this season. The January window was used well, not only to embed Matic, but to prepare the ground to move on others during the summer. Jose has had time to gel the squad. We should hit the ground running. I expect us to be ahead come the April run-in, well placed to take the Premiership and compete for the UCL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

United fan here lads and ladies - don't worry I come in peace :) United, Arsenal and the Pool are done so I maze well finish off the top teams - Here's you lots announced TV games until the end of November and the traditional PL fixture thread is not about - might help for anyone planning on getting any subscriptions.

Again ye have three games not scheduled for TV surprises me as Setanta seem to have picked lesser games at the same time.

pmwrd.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Phoenix wrote: »
    What's kick off time?

4 PM :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Is there anyway to watch the pre season matches are they on tv?

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Is there anyway to watch the pre season matches are they on tv?

They are on Chelsea TV and other alternative measures can be taken if you don't have it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

team Courtois, Azpi, Zouma, Terry, Luis; Van Ginkel, Matic; Salah, Fabregas, Torres; Costa

Subs: Cech, Ivanovic, Ake, Hazard, Mikel, Drogba, Cahill, Chalobah, Baker, Christensen, Boga, Solanke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

peteeeed wrote: »
    team Courtois, Azpi, Zouma, Terry, Luis; Van Ginkel, Matic; Salah, Fabregas, Torres; Costa

Torres off the wing or trying 2 up top possibly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That 4-2-3-1 formation has me ruined.
    How's this team supposed to be lining up?!
    I'm guessing a 4-3-3 is how we're lining up.

What a save by courtois

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Great save by Courtois.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Very impressive.

Costa looking hungry early on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Costa is going to be such a menace! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

That was pretty poor all round.

Unlucky courtois 1-0 Bremen penalty , dodgy decision

Harsh peno but not liking the pattern of making these games hard for ourselves...

Classic Torres...

2-0 Bremen

• Advertisement

2-0 Bremen. Not much Courtois could do about that.

Felipe Luis has been a bit slack defensively on both goals. He lets a lot of easy crosses in.
    Then again Torres is giving him f all cover.

Some finish from a lucky deflection but our own fault, not controlling the game well enough at all... seems like a very imbalanced side, half attack half defense, not the usual working as a team at all.

Welcome back didier

Cech on for Courtois for second half.
    Ivanovic on for Felipe Luis - Azpi to Left Back.
    Mikel on for Van Ginkel
    Cahill on for Zouma.
    King Didier on for Costa.

Costa went off for treatment in the first half

Hazard on for Salah.
    Nathan Ake on for Torres.
    Boga on for Azpi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

As long as we perform during the season, pre season doesnt really matter a f**k only for fitness and sharpness.

Cesc delivery is a difference. Since mata left we've had no one really with the ability to put in a good dead ball.

3-0. Another penalty for Bremen.

On the bright side, the Brazilian lads and Schurrle are joining up with the squad tomorrow.

Think 3-0 was harsh but they deserved to win. Anyway its promising that we've got hazard and courtois back as well as the rest of the lads tomorrow. Roll on the new season. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Well that was a baptism of fire for courtois! Maybe he'll be a little more humble now.

I cant wait for the new season now anyway. :)

That was shocking.

Anyways I'm off to Portugal for 3 weeks, when I talk to ye again we'll be top of the league.

Im off to portugal on the 25th :)

3-0:O were we terrible?

Some poor calls from the ref, 2nd peno was a peno for me, 1st Im not sure TBH.

We're back to Cobham for the new season so id expect some players out in the next few days, loans or transfers.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Some poor calls from the ref, 2nd peno was a peno for me, 1st Im not sure TBH.

We're back to Cobham for the new season so id expect some players out in the next few days, loans or transfers.
    Care to stick your neck out on any names? And any transfers in which might be necessary.

McDave wrote: »
    Care to stick your neck out on any names? And any transfers in which might be necessary.

No idea.

If my money was on who id think was leaving id be guessing Mikel, Cech, Romeu, maybe Moses.

A few of the young lads too.

I mean we have keep a HG player so maybe itll be Moses but given the people ahead of him he wont get any game time.

• Advertisement

How did Costa play lads?

Bullish, what youd expect really.

He'll need a few more games and training sessions but i think he'll be well ready for Burnley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Oriol Romeu will be loaned out again this season, this time to Stuttgart.

RichT wrote: »
    Oriol Romeu will be loaned out again this season, this time to Stuttgart.
    Link here: http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/romeu-joins-stuttgart-on-loan-30481464.html

Just saw the gif for Torres miss against Bremen.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2150565-fernando-torres-with-another-terrible-miss-for-chelsea-at-werder-bremen

Is he taking the mickey? I mean deliberately missing to force a transfer? At a lower price than CFC are willing to accept. It really looks like he didn't even bother with a decent effort. And when he fluffed it just turned away. I didn't see the match, and maybe he put in a decent shift otherwise, but here he looks like he's taking the piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

McDave wrote: »
    Just saw the gif for Torres miss against Bremen.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2150565-fernando-torres-with-another-terrible-miss-for-chelsea-at-werder-bremen

Is he taking the mickey? I mean deliberately missing to force a transfer? At a lower price than CFC are willing to accept. It really looks like he didn't even bother with a decent effort. And when he fluffed it just turned away. I didn't see the match, and maybe he put in a decent shift otherwise, but here he looks like he's taking the piss.

In the grand scheme of Torres woeful misses, that one barely registers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I'll never forget that miss against united where all he had to do was roll it into an empty net, a defining moment in his cfc career IMO.

In the grand scheme of Torres woeful misses, that one barely registers.
    It's not a biggie alright.

But, although it's a pretty rubbish gif, it still looks like he didn't give a hoot either before or after the effort. Doesn't look like someone who's fighting for his place.

As opposed to the match in the V Calderon where you could see he was really trying to impress, possibly angling for a return (?).

Anyhoo, am not trying to read too much into it. Other than he himself probably feels like an imposter these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I feel sorry for Torres - from being a World beater to a pale shadow of the player he once was. Lord knows what's going through his head. I suppose Mourinho's comments are designed to rebuild his confidence.

2 weeks until we play Burnley. Cant wait now. :)

Also the Germans and Brazilians are back in training today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement