Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

No Atsu to Everton as we couldnt guarntee he'd get enough game time.

Understandable, but we need to get these guys decent loans at a level they'll be able to push for starting places at good clubs.

We've Real Socidead next Tuesday before the season starts.

Couple of things on the players that have played pretty much all pre-season and will be with the squad.

Cech still has a lot to offer, Courtois has only played 45mins and played ok, half each next week but part of me fancies that Cech will play against Burnley.

Ivan, played ok, strong as an ox but nothing has changed really, slow on the ball and not comfortable carrying it forward.
    Zouma, looks highly talented, very quick across the ground too but very green, some silly mistakes regarding his positioning.
    JT, penalty aside, hes had a good pre-season, you can see why coming bacl early has benefitted him.

MVG, Looked good in parts, should be pressing for a starting spot.
    Matic, Played well, having him in the UCL will be huge, hes being pushing on more too in some games.

Salah, same as Zouma but worringly he has nearly 4 months of EPL experience,still green but if it clicks he'll be lethal, final ball and decision is questionable and his finishing is erratic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

GavRedKing wrote: »
    No Atsu to Everton as we couldnt guarntee he'd get enough game time.

Understandable, but we need to get these guys decent loans at a level they'll be able to push for starting places at good clubs.

Some papers are reporting that it was Everton who cancelled it as they wouldn't allow a january return option

duploelabs wrote: »
    Some papers are reporting that it was Everton who cancelled it as they wouldn't allow a january return option

Unless we sell or loan a few more non HG players asking for a January option makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Unless we sell or loan a few more non HG players asking for a January option makes no sense to me.

Was more that we could move him if we felt he was not getting the game time required I believe

Was more that we could move him if we felt he was not getting the game time required I believe

Also, Salah could be playing the ACoN in January/February so if we've a shortage of wingers I'm sure bringing him back would have been a good option for the UCL and EPL.

So.....one last pre season game left, who starts against Burnley?

Ramires is suspended and Oscar, Willian and Schurrle may not be played considering theyre only back in training this week.

I'm torn between a few positions

x

x
    Cahill---JT
    x

Matic
    x

Salah----Cesc
    Hazard

Costa

On goal, hard to call, Courtois is the long term succesor and we can tell alot about Joses choice in the opening round of games, whoevers dropped is highly unlikely to be let back in.

For me both FB's arent nailed down, Jose has talked about going 2 up top and 3 CB's so that would rule out Azp and Luis playing games together,for the opener I reckon Ivan will get the nod at RB and its between Luis and Azp for LB and I'd say it'll be Azp that'll get the nod.

With Oscar only back in training a slot next to Matic could be open as Cesc is played further forward, MVG could take it but I can imagine experience will be key in a tricky enough away game, the kind of game we struggled all last season in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Ramires is suspended and Oscar, Willian and Schurrle may not be played considering theyre only back in training this week.

x

x
    Cahill---JT
    x

Matic
    x

Salah----Cesc
    Hazard

Costa

On goal, hard to call, Courtois is the long term succesor and we can tell alot about Joses choice in the opening round of games, whoevers dropped is highly unlikely to be let back in.

For me both FB's arent nailed down, Jose has talked about going 2 up top and 3 CB's so that would rule out Azp and Luis playing games together,for the opener I reckon Ivan will get the nod at RB and its between Luis and Azp for LB and I'd say it'll be Azp that'll get the nod.

With Oscar only back in training a slot next to Matic could be open as Cesc is played further forward, MVG could take it but I can imagine experience will be key in a tricky enough away game, the kind of game we struggled all last season in.

3 pre-season games left gav

Fenerbahçe and Besiktas (45 min games) in Istanbul on Friday 8 August.

FERENCVAROS V CHELSEA Sun 10 Aug

CHELSEA V REAL SOCIEDAD Tue 12 Aug

Forgot that bas*arding double header in Turkey. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

x

x
    Cahill---JT
    x

Matic
    x

Salah----Cesc
    Hazard

Costa

Are there not 2 pre-season games left? We play Ferencvaros (sp) on the 10th and Real Sociedad at home on the 12th.
    (Plus the two charity mini-tournament games in Turkey which don't really count).

I'd guess our starting lineup for Burnley will be:

Courtois

Ivanovic Cahill Terry Azpilicueta

Matic van Ginkel

Salah Fabregas Hazard

Costa

Felipe Luis has been shaky so far but he's still settling in so I can see Ivan playing the first 2-3 games and Azpilicueta being transitioned to right back and Luis taking the left back spot.

Van Ginkel should start against Burnley as we won't need two primarily defensive midfielders and Oscar and Ramires may not be fully up to speed.

Salah starts the first game based on Schurrle, Oscar and Willian not having as much preparation. After that Schurrle should take over in games against the bottom half as he offers a bigger goal threat.

• Advertisement

I thought Ramires was suspended....off to check Google

I thought Ramires was suspended....off to check Google

Yeah he's banned for the first game.
    Completely forgot about that but still he wouldn't have been down to start I'd say.

Yeah he's banned for the first game.
    Completely forgot about that but still he wouldn't have been down to start I'd say.

Gives MVG or Mikel a chance.

Or Jose could play Cesc there and Torres wide and Hazard behind Costa. :eek:

Hopefully Schurrle and Willian are back and up to speed ASAP.

Gives MVG or Mikel a chance.

Or Jose could play Cesc there and Torres wide and Hazard behind Costa. :eek:

Hopefully Schurrle and Willian are back and up to speed ASAP.

The Real Sociedad game will tell us a lot as regards the Brazilian lads and Schurrle and where they are in terms of fitness.
    Oscar and Schurrle will be the two closest to being ready to start v Burnley.

Do you reckon there will be any other potential ins and out before the end of the transfer window?

The Real Sociedad game will tell us a lot as regards the Brazilian lads and Schurrle and where they are in terms of fitness.
    Oscar and Schurrle will be the two closest to being ready to start v Burnley.

Do you reckon there will be any other potential ins and out before the end of the transfer window?

I think unless someone goes out i cant imagine anyone coming in.

The most liekly to go are the guys on loan, we still need to send a few out.

I'm still hoping we shift Torres but its very unlikely at this stage.

I'm also holding on to Pogba joining. :pac:

I really have not been the least bit impressed with Salah over the pre season, I know it is a fitness thing but he has been very poor. TBH I would prefer Boga or Brown to start ahead of him (of course they won't but they have been playing far better).

I really have not been the least bit impressed with Salah over the pre season, I know it is a fitness thing but he has been very poor. TBH I would prefer Boga or Brown to start ahead of him (of course they won't but they have been playing far better).

I'd prefer that Willian is played, he didnt play much for Brazil so he should be well able to play,especially before Oscar and Schurrle.

I'd prefer that Willian is played, he didnt play much for Brazil so he should be well able to play,especially before Oscar and Schurrle.

Talking of playing in the world cup Podolski is still on his holliers whilst Schurrle is back at work go figure.

Talking of playing in the world cup Podolski is still on his holliers whilst Schurrle is back at work go figure.

Are Mertsacker and Ozil back? Could be an injury or he could be ordered by the doctors to have an extra few days off.

Hes got a fight on his hand to get into the Arsenal team ahead of Sanchez, Walcott (when fit) The Ox, Cazorla

• Advertisement

So Di Maria is off to PSG for ST£60m apparently (Daily Express so worse than the Daily Fail really), that being the case we could help their FFP plight by taking Cavani off their hands for nowt but picking up his salary.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/495913/PSG-beat-Man-Utd-to-strike-60m-deal-for-Real-Madrid-star-Angel-Di-Maria

Are Mertsacker and Ozil back? Could be an injury or he could be ordered by the doctors to have an extra few days off.

Hes got a fight on his hand to get into the Arsenal team ahead of Sanchez, Walcott (when fit) The Ox, Cazorla

I am not certain but think I read somewhere Arsenal players back next week. At least they played ....

I imagine PSG would want to recoup nearly 50million for Cavani and it wont be to us unless we sell/loan Torres.

Costa/Cavani/Drogba would be a dream scenario.

I am not certain but think I read somewhere Arsenal players back next week. At least they played ....

Ozil did and he played well, Mertsacker is a different story, he was in and out after the first round of games, he needs Kosclieny next to him, when it was Boateng or Hummels he was exposed pretty badly, hes not a bad CB at all but just not very quick, Kos is his perfect foil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I imagine PSG would want to recoup nearly 50million for Cavani and it wont be to us unless we sell/loan Torres.

I am sure they would want to, if they can now there is the question. Cavani has said he does not want to leave, PSG have overspent big time in regard to FFP.

If they sign Di Maria it is probable there will be a fire sale or else FFP is dead and buried. They will need to reduce the salary as FFP said that cannot increase on last years levels and they were only allowed to spend about €52m - the longer it goes the more desperate they are lightly to become.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Phoenix wrote: »
    at this stage we would nearly have to pay someone to take Torres :pac:

This is his year, I can feel it:D

apparently Hilario is now a goalkeeping coach at chelsea (twitter)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

peteeeed wrote: »
    apparently Hilario is no a goalkeeping coach at chelsea (twitter)

Cech can take that job in a few years time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

As things stand, there's a serious lack of balance and options in our strike force. It's definite progress on last year, but we can't rely a whole season on Costa. I fear we're far from finished on acquiring strikers. Drogba is to tide us over, but in reality we need another decent option ASAP. Even in this window.

The way it's going with Torres as a forward, he's a very expensive luxury. How to move him on in this transfer window. If he can't be moved on by the end of the window, he can hardly be consigned to the reserves like Malouda was. But if he's not even trying, Jose might need to think along those lines.

apparently Hilario is now a goalkeeping coach at chelsea (twitter)

One way to look at that is that Christopher Lollichon and Cech could both be out the door.

Lollichon has been with Cech at Rennes and Chelsea so a new GK coach could smooth any issues over in one go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,523 ✭✭✭tigger123

Panthro wrote: »
    Cech can take that job in a few years time!

Cech should allow Hilario to have something, for once. :pac:

Weve no excuses this season. If we're not winning either the league or UCL id be fairly annoyed given the squad we have at our disposal.

Its not trying to be cocky but this squad has world class stars littered throughout its ranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Weve no excuses this season. If we're not winning either the league or UCL id be fairly annoyed given the squad we have at our disposal.

Its not trying to be cocky but this squad has world class stars littered throughout its ranks.

Id be confident in saying it probably hinges on the form of Diego Costa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I'm very confident about The League this season. The UCL however, Is too hard to predict. Too many times we have been the 'best team' still in it at the nitty gritty stages to come away with nothing, and in 2012 we were far from the 'best team' in it at any stage.......... but things turned out better than expected! :D

That would be poor business if we sell Schurrle,cant we just give Torres a flick of blonde and a dodgy fringe and send him over instead?

Fancy a LoL this morning, Madrid papers claiming Courtois will join Real Madrid....next season. :pac:

Fancy a LoL this morning, Madrid papers claiming Courtois will join Real Madrid....next season. :pac:

If we do not sign him to a long term contract that actually would not surprise me at all.

Cant see any logic in the Schurrle to AM mind you.

If we do not sign him to a long term contract that actually would not surprise me at all.

Cant see any logic in the Schurrle to AM mind you.

Its possible either Cech or Courtois will be sold n January at the very least the summer, we know theyve both got 2 years left on their deals so I'd say we'll see one leave before the other signs a deal and in private both will probably know the situtation prior to it being made public.

If we sign Courtois to an extension now, Cech will pretty much be resigned to leaving so its a delicate situation that the club has on its hands.

Unless Schurrle wants the move for more football I cant see him leaving TBH. This year he should get more game time as Salah is off to the ACN and Willians end product is suspect.

• Advertisement

Page wont open in work, thankfully. :o

Wish him well at City for his fitness and sharpness but hope he wins no games as a City player as it'll help us :pac:

Kenneth Omeruo to boro on loan for the season
    https://twitter.com/Boro/status/496936121642016768

Page wont open in work, thankfully. :o

Wish him well at City for his fitness and sharpness but hope he wins no games as a City player as it'll help us :pac:

"Joining up with Manchester City is a fantastic opportunity for me to continue to train and play at the top level and make sure I am in top condition for New York City.

"It has been an amazing few days for me since the unveiling in Brooklyn and everyone connected with both clubs has been fantastic to me. This is a new chapter of my career and I'm really excited about the experience.

"I met Manuel and some of the players in New York and I'm looking forward to getting into training and making a contribution for Manchester City ahead of my move over to New York."

Kenneth Omeruo to boro on loan for the season
    https://twitter.com/Boro/status/496936121642016768

Karanka will look after himuntil next season. :)
    "Joining up with Manchester City is a fantastic opportunity for me to continue to train and play at the top level and make sure I am in top condition for New York City.

"It has been an amazing few days for me since the unveiling in Brooklyn and everyone connected with both clubs has been fantastic to me. This is a new chapter of my career and I'm really excited about the experience.

"I met Manuel and some of the players in New York and I'm looking forward to getting into training and making a contribution for Manchester City ahead of my move over to New York."

He likes mentioning NY whihc is good to see, if he makes more than a few appearances for City I'd be surprised, it really is an oportunity to just train and stay as fit as possible at a World Class training ground.

Had NY not being linked with City I'd imagine he'd ahve trained with us before going back for their season but it wasnt to be.

Ever wondered how accurate some web sites are regarding transfer rumors well WAGNH has had a look

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/8/5/5970529/transfer-rumours-how-legit-are-they

Ever wondered how accurate some web sites are regarding transfer rumors well WAGNH has had a look

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/8/5/5970529/transfer-rumours-how-legit-are-they

I think the line "if you throw enough muck, it'll stick" is perfect for this.

Its very hard to find a decent source at any club and even if you do, deals change and their soure who might have a source mgihtnt get the info or be mis-informed.

Still, it doesnt stop the rags making up some sh*te.

On a different note, I've changed my fantasy team again this morning it now reads as such

Begovic
    JT Kosclient Kompany
    Barkley Hazard Nolan Lennon Sanchez
    Dzeko Costa

didn't think we'd see this fella again

BuWX6DWIUAA4AmQ.jpg

• Advertisement

and Drogba is now wearing Adidas F50 boots, thought he still wore Nike?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement