Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Think I read somewhere that Courtois is getting the number 13 jersey.

Could Moses be off after 2 seasons, 1 of which was on loan.

Actually, Marko Marin is still on our books too isnt he?

Courtois
    Azp Cahill JT Luis
    Matic Cesc Oscar
    Willian Costa Hazard

Vs

Cech
    Ivan Christensen Zouma Ake
    Ramires Mikel Van Ginkel
    Salah Drogba Schurrle

Not a bad selection and thats without the youngsters.

Howard Webb has retired.

Insert man Utd and soft penos/points all season joke here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Howard Webb has retired.

Insert man Utd and soft penos/points all season joke here.

Thats a bit sudden is it not, he was a very hot and cold ref could be excellent could be woeful but would not say he was biased unlike say Dean & Foy.

• Advertisement

Thats a bit sudden is it not, he was a very hot and cold ref could be excellent could be woeful but would not say he was biased unlike say Dean & Foy.

Foy :mad:

Now hes a useless ref.

TBF to Webb hes being Englands best official for the best part of a decade. Oliver is a good young ref, Clattenburg too.

Foy, Friend, Dean are terrible and thjeyre backed by Mike Riley. :rolleyes:

I woner will Webb take over from Riley as top dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

On a different note, I've changed my fantasy team again this morning it now reads as such

Begovic
    JT Kosclient Kompany
    Barkley Hazard Nolan Lennon Sanchez
    Dzeko Costa

Any interest in a Chelsea Thread FPL League?
    Code is 35605-264543 if anyone wants to join.

Any interest in a Chelsea Thread FPL League?
    Code is 35605-264543 if anyone wants to join.

I've one setup from last year but I'll join another.

Usually take interest fro the first few weeks then I lose interest. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I've one setup from last year but I'll join another.

Usually take interest fro the first few weeks then I lose interest. :o

Why don't we put a fiver on being top after the first ten weeks then?
    Thats what me and my friends do, keeps interest up for the start of the league

Why don't we put a fiver on being top after the first ten weeks then?
    Thats what me and my friends do, keeps interest up for the start of the league

The paying of the monies is the issue. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Keep on eyeing Atletico!
    https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/atletico-madrid-eyeing-chelsea-midfielder-andre-schurrle-123149677.html

A premier leageu club has more chance of signing him, for the right price but of course.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

No way should we sell Schurrle, not for any price. Players like Schurrle are invaluable to the squad. He's improving all the time and has a great chance of playing his way into the team, also doesn't moan about being on the bench and is a great impact player as well.

Johner wrote: »
    No way should we sell Schurrle, not for any price. Players like Schurrle are invaluable to the squad. He's improving all the time and has a great chance of playing his way into the team, also doesn't moan about being on the bench and is a great impact player as well.

Unlike some moaning Belgians I could name.

Schurrle will probably push out Willian this year for our starting wing place opposite of Hazard.....or Jose could drop Oscar and play Hazard in the middle and Cesc deeper.

So many options in the supporting roles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Daily fail blah blah blah...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2717259/Hilario-retires-former-Chelsea-keeper-hints-coaching-role.html

Boy did he have some shockers, laughing all the way to the bank for the past 8 years though.

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Daily fail blah blah blah...
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2717259/Hilario-retires-former-Chelsea-keeper-hints-coaching-role.html

Boy did he have some shockers, laughing all the way to the bank for the past 8 years though.

Ah in fairness he did play 39 games in 8 years.
    That's almost a seasons worth of games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I still wonder sometimes how he managed to let Tevez's shot past him in 2010.

Sje was a nasty one alright

His balance was all off, all his weight was planted on the wrong foot, terrible goal keeping but he managed a clean sheet on his debut to Barcelona, thats good enough for me :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ba got a hat rick tonight for Besiktas in the Champions League.

Johner wrote: »
    Ba got a hat rick tonight for Besiktas in the Champions League.

BAs*ard :pac:

I wish him well though.

• Advertisement

Talking about the UCL, how bad are Celtic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

peteeeed wrote: »
    Selling Schurrle would just be for the sake of it. He's well settled in, has bags of experience, a great attitude and gives us options. Can't see a good footballing reason to let him go.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Just watching some random vines from pre-season there and I reckon Drogba's return is going to go swimmingly as he transitions from legend to coach. Sure, it will be a few cameos, probably when the result is beyond question or we need an extra striker to steal a win, but even if he doesn't score a single goal (obvs outside Arsenal H and A :pac:) he will tie up defenders. He'll also always get the crowd going when needed.

Can't wait for his first PL appearance.

Just watching some random vines from pre-season there and I reckon Drogba's return is going to go swimmingly as he transitions from legend to coach. Sure, it will be a few cameos, probably when the result is beyond question or we need an extra striker to steal a win, but even if he doesn't score a single goal (obvs outside Arsenal H and A :pac:) he will tie up defenders. He'll also always get the crowd going when needed.

Can't wait for his first PL appearance.

Can always be the ultimate plan B, knock it long, hold it up, bring the supporters player into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's 2 years since he's left, but it's a lifetime away for the team.

Only Cech, Cahill and Mikel that played in that final are near the first team at the moment, and Torres if he counts as well as Drogba now

When i look at our lineup then and Bayerns, it really is a miracle we won that night

Only Cech, Cahill and Mikel that played in that final are near the first team at the moment, and Torres if he counts as well as Drogba now

When i look at our lineup then and Bayerns, it really is a miracle we won that night

A miracle, maybe, Cech was very good that night and Drogba made a brilliant cameo to save us and nearly cost us the game in one night.

Still though, records show we won, thats all that matters. :D

Anybody see the FIFA15 head shots for Costa and Courtois? The likeness is off the charts. :eek:

I dont know if the image if for PS4 or Xbox1 but the quality is brilliant, seen it on Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

Anybody see the FIFA15 head shots for Costa and Courtois? The likeness is off the charts. :eek:

I dont know if the image if for PS4 or Xbox1 but the quality is brilliant, seen it on Twitter.

Can ya link it havent seen any of the new models yet but saw they fully modeled all the PL stadiums this year

• Advertisement

ussjtrunks wrote: »
    Can ya link it havent seen any of the new models yet but saw they fully modeled all the PL stadiums this year

Courtois, Hazard and Costas faces for FIFA15 should be in this link.

http://purelyfootball.com/2014/08/05/leaked-chelsea-fifa-15-player-ratings/

Note, I hate these click per page sites just to increase traffic and sh*t but its the first one i could find.

Courtois, Hazard and Costas faces for FIFA15 should be in this link.

http://purelyfootball.com/2014/08/05/leaked-chelsea-fifa-15-player-ratings/

Note, I hate these click per page sites just to increase traffic and sh*t but its the first one i could find.

Click per page sites are a terrible idea.
    Hazard's head looks like a skinny Wayne Bridge

Sheepy99 wrote: »
    Click per page sites are a terrible idea.
    Hazard's head looks like a skinny Wayne Bridge

If I see one pop up I usually avoid them but it was the first one I seen.

Courtois and Costa lok very good, Hazard doesnt have any standout features so looks fairly plain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Considering previous bad luck and decisions against us, I don't see it as a miracle at all. We were well in the game and when Drogba cancelled out Muller, it was written in the stars! :pac:

McDave wrote: »
    Considering previous bad luck and decisions against us, I don't see it as a miracle at all. We were well in the game and when Drogba cancelled out Muller, it was written in the stars! :pac:

Drogba done his best to really cost us that year, given away penalties in the Semi Final and Final :pac:

He had to win it for us after that.

• Advertisement

Celtic back in the UCL :eek:

You know you're bad when you lose 6-1 and go through on an error by some officials not realising a guy wasnt eligible.

You coulsdnt make this stuff up, is that the 2nd time theyve got through by default?

Also, news of Cech being sold seems to be gathering pace, if it hasnt happened now it wont happen until January I'd say, although we've 3 games before the transfer window closes so Jose might have made up his mind by then.

The friendly tonight will probably see Drogba be panto villian for whatever half he plays given his Galatasray connecion.

The friendly tonight will probably see Drogba be panto villian for whatever half he plays given his Galatasray connecion.

Most likely you would have hoped that given the background for the matches that would not happen though, what an awful tragedy that was.

So TSHO has spoken thus

"We are going to play with our best team. The period where we used the kids to help us to play these matches is finished. They go back to our youth teams.

So I guess that this is confirmation that Ake and Christensen are part of the first team for the season?

Is Moses staying as he is English?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

don't the turkish lot boo everyone? except dennis wise when he kicked yer man up the arse when he ran on the pitch at SB again galatasaray who turned out to be a kurd and was hailed as a hero in the turkish press

Most likely you would have hoped that given the background for the matches that would not happen though, what an awful tragedy that was.

So TSHO has spoken thus

"We are going to play with our best team. The period where we used the kids to help us to play these matches is finished. They go back to our youth teams.

So I guess that this is confirmation that Ake and Christensen are part of the first team for the season?

Is Moses staying as he is English?

Well its either Moses or Josh MacEchran, we've 3 players that will play as part of the HG set, Cahill, JT, Cesc.

We've got rid of Bertrand who'd be HG and we're left with Moses and Josh Mc, if either or both wnat out we'd be screwed.

I'd say Ake will be involved and Christensen might get game time next to Zouma in the cups, hopefully.

• Advertisement

Well its either Moses or Josh MacEchran, we've 3 players that will play as part of the HG set, Cahill, JT, Cesc.

We've got rid of Bertrand who'd be HG and we're left with Moses and Josh Mc, if either or both wnat out we'd be screwed.

I'd say Ake will be involved and Christensen might get game time next to Zouma in the cups, hopefully.

The HG set will of course be augmented by Pogba ;););)

The HG set will of course be augmented by Pogba ;););)

Pogba in, Josh Mac out, good business :D

1407364383201_wps_4_image001_png.jpg

Stamford Bridge, not from today but from FIFA 15 :eek:

Ba playing Arsenal in Champions League play off may I be the first to offer Ba a big Munster G'WAN and the best of luck befitting a much loved ex-player.

Not a banker but Arsenal have enough quality to get through that game.

1407364383201_wps_4_image001_png.jpg

Stamford Bridge, not from today but from FIFA 15 :eek:

Mudder a Gawd, that looks so real.

You just gotta love Petr Cech. Liverpool fans on twitter apparently trying to make case of Reina being a better keeper than Petr claiming he has a better percentage clean sheet record.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/08/chelsea-keeper-cech-puts-liverpool-fans-in-their-place-on-twitte/?

Obviously statistics not their strong point as Petr alludes to but to be exact

Cech 161 clean sheets 323 matches 49.8%
    Reina 134 clean sheets 285 matches 47.0%

You just gotta love Petr Cech. Liverpool fans on twitter apparently trying to make case of Reina being a better keeper than Petr claiming he has a better percentage clean sheet record.

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2014/08/08/chelsea-keeper-cech-puts-liverpool-fans-in-their-place-on-twitte/?

Obviously statistics not their strong point as Petr alludes to but to be exact

Cech 161 clean sheets 323 matches 49.8%
    Reina 134 clean sheets 285 matches 47.0%

Well its fairly simple, Cech > Reina & Mignelot

Courtois > Cech, Reina, Mignolet

To all the Tweeters out there thinking Reina is the better keeper, Cech has a simple message.

Petr-Cech-Chelsea.jpg

If it wasnt for Stephen Hunt he'd have broken the clean sheet record easily by now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement