Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ramires seems like a Jose player, Modric didnt play as reguarly in CM when Khedira and ALonso were fit, why would he swap Ramires for Modric. :confused:

It just doesnt make sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Lamparp ? Is that a name he got in the changing room thanks to a serious problem with flatulence ?:D

greendom wrote: »
    Lamparp ? Is that a name he got in the changing room thanks to a serious problem with flatulence ?:D

Could have been linked to his early days and his "weight" isues or more likely a problem typing from a stupid Mod trying to do a few things at once. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Don't think we'll see Ramires going anywhere to be honest. As much as I think he's a bit of a liability and technically poor we still need to have some grafters in midfield... If we're playing Matic+Fab+Oscar there will be times when we need Ramires to run around, throw a few tackles in and take a booking (or more likely get himself sent off)...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Don't think we'll see Ramires going anywhere to be honest. As much as I think he's a bit of a liability and technically poor we still need to have some grafters in midfield... If we're playing Matic+Fab+Oscar there will be times when we need Ramires to run around, throw a few tackles in and take a booking (or more likely get himself sent off)...

Forever hero for that goal in the camp nou ..

A few hours until Costa is announced....going on yesterdays timeline :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

the_monkey wrote: »
    Forever hero for that goal in the camp nou ..

If sentimentality picked the squad then Frank would be playing in to his 80s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

peteeeed wrote: »

So what your sayign is Cesc > Ozil

:pac:

peteeeed wrote: »
    That gives me willy fizz reading that

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So what your sayign is Cesc > Ozil

:pac:

Misleading, 6th, 6th, 3rd in the assists charts in his 3 seasons and only getting 2 more assists than Ozil in that time with a whole extra season on Ozil :pac:

Still great stats though.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Misleading, 6th, 6th, 3rd in the assists charts in his 3 seasons and only getting 2 less assists than Ozil in that time with a whole extra season on Ozil :pac:

60% of stats are made up on the spot, everyone knows that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Misleading, 6th, 6th, 3rd in the assists charts in his 3 seasons and only getting 2 more assists than Ozil in that time with a whole extra season on Ozil :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Was that when Ozil was playing under TSHO at RM?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was that when Ozil was playing under TSHO at RM?

Yeah I didn't count his stats for Arsenal, the gap would have swung forfty percent in Ozil's favour if I had. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Oscar gets aaround the pitch very well so a 3 man CM of Matic, Cesc and Oscar could do serious damage, I really hope try it out, we can go 4-2-3-1 when we need to sit back and draft in Ramires or Mikel next to Matic but for nearly every home game game and when playing "weaker" teams we should go 4-3-3 and attack, if we go 2/3-0 up, we can shjut the game down by asking Cesc and Oscar to sit in a bit deeper.

Although I'm sure Jose knows what he wants and is no doubt working on his tactics and formations now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

stat overdose , i think i could follow all that :)

Thats a lot of stats :eek:

The main one was that hes better than Ramires and Lamps.

• Advertisement

Yeah I didn't count his stats for Arsenal, the gap would have swung forfty percent in Ozil's favour if I had. :P
    Looper007 wrote: »
    You think he work under Jose's style? I certainly don't. That's why I'm nowhere near as upset as a lot of my fellow fan's are. Jose record with any skilful and creative players isn't great.
    Looper007 wrote: »
    He didn't buy Cole or Sneijder. Did he buy Ozil?
    He has a strange distaste for skilful players does the chosen one. I think Cesc will suffer under Jose.

Hmmmm I see..........

Hmmmm I see..........

I know, hilarious! utterly clueless about football!

Hmmmm I see..........

Not sure what you're getting at there, I am not Looper nor do I agree with what he was saying there. I was also being completely facetious in what I posted regarding Cesc's stats and Ozil in much the same way Gav was when he said Cesc is automatically better than Ozil. That's generally what :pac: and :p denote. :)

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I disagree. Cesc is at least eleventy percent better, imo.

Didnt Ronaldo have his best season, goal scoring wise, under Jose and Real got their highest point total and goal scoring in La Liga under Jose?

Ya I'm sure he kills skillful players alright.

Not sure what you're getting at there, I am not Looper nor do I agree with what he was saying there. I was also being completely facetious in what I posted regarding Cesc's stats and Ozil in much the same way Gav was when he said Cesc is automatically better than Ozil. That's generally what :pac: and :p denote. :)

Kinda figured you are not Looper007 I think it was the name that gave it away, actually yes I am sure it was indeed the name that gave it away :cool:

• Advertisement

Didnt Ronaldo have his best season, goal scoring wise, under Jose and Real got their highest point total and goal scoring in La Liga under Jose?

Ya I'm sure he kills skillful players alright.

And the most points and the most wins in a premier league season as well, has no idea at all TSHO why did we want him back......

We're just delighted to haev an improvement on Mikel/Ramires :D

Nit picking over two brilliant players is pointless.

Arsenal need a CF and RB more than they need Cesc so it was a no brainer really for them and their budget.

Hmmmm I see..........

I dont think Arsenal got the best out of Ozil because it wasn't protected very much, they miss a "veira" or keane type player in midfield and that is generally acknowledged.
    Chelsea have Matic who is very strong and idea will be that he will help create the space for Fab to operate and pick a pass.
    weve lacked a central creative player (Not a No10), relying on the wings to break down teams, now we will have another option
    We could move to a 4-3-3

We're just delighted to haev an improvement on Mikel/Ramires :D

Nit picking over two brilliant players is pointless.

Arsenal need a CF and RB more than they need Cesc so it was a no brainer really for them and their budget.

Yeah no doubt about it, if Cesc had never played for Arsenal nobody would be batting an eyelid because the last thing the squad needs is another player in that position.

I also disagree completely with what Looper007 said regarding Jose and creative players, sure Ozils best seasons in La Liga were under him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yeah no doubt about it, if Cesc had never played for Arsenal nobody would be batting an eyelid because the last thing the squad needs is another player in that position.

I also disagree completely with what Looper007 said regarding Jose and creative players, sure Ozils best seasons in La Liga were under him.

Yep, Ozil was also outside Ronaldo, the player Jose most valued while at Real. Considered him the best no.10 in the world. Much like Van Gaal, Mourinho has no problem with creative players, as long as you work and play to his system.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

What a beautiful man

Its not like ye dont have the money either :pac:

Some Arsenal fans might use it as a stick to beat Wenger with at the end of the season but at this moment he doesnt see the value in Cesc, time will tell if he was right but addressing the their problem areas is the most important, not saturating one area with talent.

Its not like ye dont have the money either :pac:

Some Arsenal fans might use it as a stick to beat Wenger with at the end of the season but at this moment he doesnt see the value in Cesc, time will tell if he was right but addressing the their problem areas is the most important, not saturating one area with talent.

I'll be first in line with the stick if he doesn't strengthen the other areas of the squad :D

I'll be first in line with the stick if he doesn't strengthen the other areas of the squad :D

If Jose doesnt win a UCL or EPL title next year some Chelsea fans may question him and every other fan on the planet will be on his back too so its an important 12 months for us.

He preached about his little horse last year so now lets see what we've got next year.

He said we'd be surprised in January when asked why we didnt sign a CF, I'm still surprsied we didnt sign a CF yet though :pac:

Unless he plans on playing Cesc as a false 9 in the most defensive, attacking team of all time. :eek:

If Jose doesnt win a UCL or EPL title next year some Chelsea fans may question him and every other fan on the planet will be on his back too so its an important 12 months for us.

He preached about his little horse last year so now lets see what we've got next year.

He said we'd be surprised in January when asked why we didnt sign a CF, I'm still surprsied we didnt sign a CF yet though :pac:

Unless he plans on playing Cesc as a false 9 in the most defensive, attacking team of all time. :eek:

The absolute minimum for next season is the EPL but like you Gav I am surprised and not a little concerned that we have not bought at least 1 striker. If we hang onto either Torres or Ba along with Lukaku then we still need one top drawer striker and I would love that to be Costa for me he just seems to be a beast. We have to start the season with 3 strikers at least 2 of which are capable of scoring in the Premier League.

Seems Arsenal are after Ballotelli that will be a great signing for them would not mind TSHO hijacking that at all he is also a fantastic player. Not sure about the history with him and TSHO though, mind you Ballotelli claims to be a changed character.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

The absolute minimum for next season is the EPL but like you Gav I am surprised and not a little concerned that we have not bought at least 1 striker. If we hang onto either Torres or Ba along with Lukaku then we still need one top drawer striker and I would love that to be Costa for me he just seems to be a beast. We have to start the season with 3 strikers at least 2 of which are capable of scoring in the Premier League.

Seems Arsenal are after Ballotelli that will be a great signing for them would not mind TSHO hijacking that at all he is also a fantastic player. Not sure about the history with him and TSHO though, mind you Ballotelli claims to be a changed character.

Balotelli is still an animal. No thanks.

Costa is a scumbag... we will regret signing him.

Balotelli is still an animal. No thanks.

Costa is a scumbag... we will regret signing him.

Bit harsh that Balotelli has had his moments but both are very good players

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Bit harsh that Balotelli has had his moments but both are very good players

Some of the things that Costa does, headbutting, spitting, fighting makes him a complete scumbag

Balotelli is an animal, he pays no heed, goes nuts and gets red carded far too often.

Just watch Costa in BPL next season, 3 red cards minimum. Neither have them have any common sense, despite their talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Some of the things that Costa does, headbutting, spitting, fighting makes him a complete scumbag

Balotelli is an animal, he pays no heed, goes nuts and gets red carded far too often.

Just watch Costa in BPL next season, 3 red cards minimum. Neither have them have any common sense, despite their talent.

While I agree thats the case regarding Balotelli, Costa's talent is being a scumbag of sorts, he is a handful for centrehalfs. If you watch him play you wouldn't say he is the most graceful or talented forwards, he works hard and is bullish, wasn't earmarked for greatness. If you take his behaviour out of his game I don't think he would be as good, hopefully Mourinho could soothe him down a bit but I wouldn't change the chap.

• Advertisement

didnt win anything for 2 seasons now

While I agree thats the case regarding Balotelli, Costa's talent is being a scumbag of sorts, he is a handful for centrehalfs. If you watch him play you wouldn't say he is the most graceful or talented forwards, he works hard and is bullish, wasn't earmarked for greatness. If you take his behaviour out of his game I don't think he would be as good, hopefully Mourinho could soothe him down a bit but I wouldn't change the chap.

I hope that Jose makes him even more of a beast.

Hes going to pick up cards but as long as hes a handful for everyone else I'll be happy.

Hes going to be hated in the EPL, if he carries on his La Liga form but ask nearly every other fan do they like Suarez and they'll say no but hes a fantastic player and the Liverpool fans love him, if Costa can score goals, I'd be the exact same regarding Costa.

didnt win anything for 2 seasons now

1 of those was with real so means nothing to me :pac:

1 of those was with real so means nothing to me :pac:

will mean a lot to his reputation if nothing next season.
    But Im sure he will put it right

Barcelona being classy http://i.imgur.com/l8nr647h.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

duploelabs wrote: »
    Barcelona being classy http://i.imgur.com/l8nr647h.jpg

Yeah I seen that earlier, can't believe they would be so disrespectful! It serves no purpose to slate an x player especially when he was told he was surplus stock. They truly are a woeful club

F**k um they wanted him gone and wevr got a good deal, cant complain really.

Costa missing a couple of chances, haven't got his eye in yet.

• Advertisement

Nice play there tho.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement