Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

the_monkey wrote: »
    Arsenal winning in the 95th minute AGAIN

JESUS welcome back EPL season

If I ever hear arsenal fans complaining about man united late wins ....

Wasn't it the 92nd minute:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I've a feeling Courtois will start Monday, hope he does as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So sick of that team winning in the last minute of extra time
    They ALWAYS do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    I've a feeling Courtois will start Monday, hope he does as well.

Well weve a choice of the best young goalkeeper in the world or one of the top 3 in the world, great choice. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So sick of that team winning in the last minute of extra time
    They ALWAYS do it

I 'll take that as a compliment ! Chelsea pretty good at it too.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    I 'll take that as a compliment ! Chelsea pretty good at it too.

Last year we scored 3 90+ mins goals in the league i can remember. West Brom, City and Everton. No idea about Arsenal though and im not even sure if i can remember any more from chelsea but those 3 goals were winning goals which turned out to be huge.

Arsenals goal was deserved today, inviting teams on and then leaving in a goal from scramble is always dangerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What is happening with Bamford?

What is happening with Bamford?

Loan i reckon. Probably to Middlesborough...Vitesse version 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Courtois to start monday, I fancy Torres to start too. As one of the 3 behind DC19

Courtois to start monday, I fancy Torres to start too. As one of the 3 behind DC19

Torres wide? Weve better options so if it did happen it would be weird to see. Plus we'd have no cfs on the bench to come on if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Torres wide? Weve better options so if it did happen it would be weird to see. Plus we'd have no cfs on the bench to come on if needed.

Cant see that happening from the start anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

I only see it happening because of the amount of pre-season time the players who play there have gotten.

Didnt Jose say that the first 2/3 games would be played by the players that are ready not necessarily the ones he wants.

As in, those who are fit and up to speed will play while the others recover and get more training under the belt.

So it possible.

Oooohhhh Friend

BvKO8-hCMAEzn7C.jpg

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Arsenal winning in the 95th minute AGAIN

JESUS welcome back EPL season

If I ever hear arsenal fans complaining about man united late wins ....
    Ramsey scored 33 seconds into injury time in a game with 6 subsitutions and Palace taking 30 seconds+ on every goal kick and throw in from 15 minutes into the game. Cry more.

Ramsey scored 33 seconds into injury time in a game with 6 subsitutions and Palace taking 30 seconds+ on every goal kick and throw in from 15 minutes into the game. Cry more.

It wont be the first or last late winner in the league this year.

Spurs managed it too yesterday while being particularly rubbish.

Late goals are part of the game, especially when one team is happy to sit back and take a point.

New rumours, PSG want Cech and GK Coach C.Lochillon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

New rumours, PSG want Cech and GK Coach C.Lochillon.

So long as they're working on the David Luiz valuation methodology that's unreal news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mc eachran off to vitesse

@JMcEachran20: Off to Holland tomorrow then.. Can't wait to get out there!! ⚽️ ��

So long as they're working on the David Luiz valuation methodology that's unreal news

Aye 40 million should do it right ? :D

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Mc eachran off to vitesse

@JMcEachran20: Off to Holland tomorrow then.. Can't wait to get out there!! ⚽️ ��

So thats 2 of our 5 HG U21 players gone. Which should see us bring in another, coz we need at least 4 in the team.

Pogba time :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

So thats 2 of our 5 HG U21 players gone. Which should see us bring in another, coz we need at least 4 in the team.

Pogba time :D

As well as Pogba, which, despite any evidence, I believe is a done deal, thanks to the GavRedKing affect, I would have liked to see Bamford get a go in the squad. I think he is going to be a regular premier league striker in a couple of years, doubtful whether he will ever get that chance at Chelsea though.

As well as Pogba, which, despite any evidence, I believe is a done deal, thanks to the GavRedKing affect, I would have liked to see Bamford get a go in the squad. I think he is going to be a regular premier league striker in a couple of years, doubtful whether he will ever get that chance at Chelsea though.

Next year I reckon. Torres maybe gone and Drogba definitely gone will mean a new CF and a young guy are needed. Bamford be HG eligible too so thats a bonus.

On Pogba, i doubt he'll leave Juventus this year at any rate but having only 3 HG players in Cesc, Cahill and JT and loaning out Bertrand, Moses and Josh Mac has to mean one is coning in we coukd fill the spot with a HG 3rd/4th choice GK ala Man City and Richard Wright but we need people to add to the squad not sit and cokkect a wage.

So in short, buy Pogba. :pac:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Have we signed Pogba yet?

Have we signed Pogba yet?

I reckon its only a matter of time really. We need HG players and he loves London.*

* may not be true

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I heard he has Mourinho tattooed on his unmentionables.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Don't we all

Tomorrows nigh team so

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Pogba Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Costa Hazard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Tomorrows nigh team so

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Pogba Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Costa Hazard

too early for pogba he is signing next week

• Advertisement

Tomorrows nigh team so

Cech
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Pogba Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Costa Hazard

wrong wrong wrong wrong

peteeeed wrote: »
    wrong wrong wrong wrong

Maybe Oscar for Pogba but it remains to be seen.

Maybe Oscar for Pogba but it remains to be seen.

no i think pogba will play, its the rest you got wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Swap for Torres they say ? Bite their hand off. Have never heard of the guy in RL, only FM, but if it gets rid of Torres who cares

Swap for Torres they say ? Bite their hand off. Have never heard of the guy in RL, only FM, but if it gets rid of Torres who cares

Ha, I am the exact same, never heard of the guy but would be delighted if we swap our 50 million pound man for him, or even just get him so we are not partially dependent on Torres. That been said its easy to be happy about any link when jose is involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ha, I am the exact same, never heard of the guy but would be delighted if we swap our 50 million pound man for him, or even just get him so we are not partially dependent on Torres. That been said its easy to be happy about any link when jose is involved.

He's not just the 50 million man, he's the 10m+ yearly salary man too

First ive heard of us being linked with Destro. We still have 1 foreigner that needs to be sold/loaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Good man petie!!!!

[IMG][/img]1AF3FB8C-746E-44B2-B476-2210E71EF4A6_zpsnrrw9nbh.png

^^^^^

Long may it continue.....on both fronts. :pac:

Cech went on a bit of a Tweeting spree tonight.

• Advertisement

Ba having a bit of a rant : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2727360/Jose-Mourinho-didn-t-pick-Chelsea-I-m-not-star-claims-Demba-Ba.html

Will always be thankful of his goals against PSG and Liverpool last year.

About to start a long day in work, will be very excited when it's over, very confident about tonight, three nil will put us top of the league :p

About to start a long day in work, will be very excited when it's over, very confident about tonight, three nil will put us top of the league :p

Costa hat trick would be nice. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Kick off is 1pm here can't wait!

Lovely. Lunch time booze :pac:

Phoenix wrote: »
    Kick off is 1pm here can't wait!

i remember being in vegas for a man u v chelsea game and we we're in a downtown pub at 7am , place was hopping . had to keep telling myself it was not 4pm

So if Courtois starts do we expect Cech to be sold in thsi window or January?

I'd prefer to keep him until January, that way he wouldnt pop up against us in the UCL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So if Courtois starts do we expect Cech to be sold in thsi window or January?

I'd prefer to keep him until January, that way he wouldnt pop up against us in the UCL :pac:

Ah Gav, you are the thinking man's villain.

It would be harsh to keep him here till January and could hinder his attempts to be number 1 at a different club if he waits till January to move. The ideal scenario now is Courtois starts tonight, Cech gets a move to PSG, we make a healthy profit from the sale, Cech becomes number 1 at the Parisian club, Courtois establishes himself as the best goalkeeper in the league and then the world and we all go home happy.

Ah Gav, you are the thinking man's villain.

It would be harsh to keep him here till January and could hinder his attempts to be number 1 at a different club if he waits till January to move. The ideal scenario now is Courtois starts tonight, Cech gets a move to PSG, we make a healthy profit from the sale, Cech becomes number 1 at the Parisian club, Courtois establishes himself as the best goalkeeper in the league and then the world and we all go home happy.

Depends on who he joins we could get Monaco or PSG in the UCL group stages, I dont think PSG are a top 8 seed but I'm open to correction on that.

The above scenario would be ideal and I'd fancy Courtois to go on and beat cechs clean sheet record and the EPL record if he stays for the same time as Cech has, I feel bad for Cech that hes only a handful short of beating the record too.

1st match thread of the season is up and running.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement