Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

GavRedKing wrote: »

This is the same eejit who proposed that the idea of relegation/promotion from the Premier League be done away with. He's a waste of space. A tired hack has-been who's more suited to riding randomers in a Tesco car-park.

DazMarz wrote: »
    This is the same eejit who proposed that the idea of relegation/promotion from the Premier League be done away with. He's a waste of space. A tired hack has-been who's more suited to riding randomers in a Tesco car-park.

I suppose he has to get air time somehow. TBH, on first play through I thought Costa dived but in the replays there is certain contact, Oliver is to far away to make the correct call and his assistant has to do better hes looking straight across at it.

Jose is right though, if Costa picks up 4 more cards, because of a terrible call he'll miss a game and it could be an important game.

It was good to see Costa close down players and the gk at any opportunity.

I got offered to go to the Leicester game this weekend but I've a holiday on Monday so watching the money, otherwise I'd be straight over. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

who can forget stan talking about Juan Mata when Chelsea played Man Utd in the FA cup in 2013 on talksport ' if only Mata polished up his shooting a little bit then he could possibly score 10 to 15 goals a season'

mata had already got 18 goals that season
    DOPE

At least we got Mata during his best years. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Cesc Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Was always going to happen, Cesc is a proven top quality EPL player and it was only a matter of time before he hit the ground running and notch up assists.

Hes not going to score 10 + league goals for us, hes only done it once I'm sure, but its his ability to keep the ball moving that we really needed as Ramires, MVG, Mikel cant do it, Matic can to a degree but not to the level of Cesc.

We're lucky Arsene didnt fancy him, Arsenal are flush with Ramsey and Ozil and they probably thought they needed a CDM more than Cesc so their loss or over sight is our gain, they'll be grand without him but when a chance to take Cesc is on, you take it.

I do like this stat though.
    Cesc
    Year Games Goals Assists
    11-12 48 15 20
    12-13 48 14 12
    13-14 55 13 16

Özil
    Year Games Goals Assists
    11-12 52 7 22
    12-13 52 10 20
    13-14 40 7 13

For two of the best clubs in the world theyve similar stats.

I'd like to see how Cesc and Ozils stats are towards the end of the year or even how they compare from Ozils first seasons and Cescs first season back.

• Advertisement

this is all kinds of weird but good

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/BvZsVMRIgAAFx1y.mp4

Willian
    Luis
    Oscar
    Luis

All called up by Brazil

So....wheres Pogba :mad: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Wonderfully pointless but good to know.
    10557439_839150849441867_2619278667425084865_n.jpg?oh=60819faf98a95df2330ae9c0fac92301&oe=547892E4

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Wonderfully pointless but good to know.

10557439_839150849441867_2619278667425084865_n.jpg?oh=60819faf98a95df2330ae9c0fac92301&oe=547892E4

If you look at the starting XI,

the only players short of 6ft I can think of were Hazard, Azp, Cesc and maybe Oscar.

That leaves, Costa, Schurlle, Matic, JT, Cahill, Ivan, Courtois at 6ft and above, that power is easy to see but its not like we're a battering ram.

Even looking at the bench it has some giants, Cech, Mikel, Zouma, Drogba, Torres all above 6ft, Luis and Willian a tad shorter.

As part of the Neymar deal, Barca have been handed a 2 transfer window ban starting in January 2015 and covering Summer 2015 too.

I wonder, if and when it looks like when PSG fail FFP will they get a similar ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

As part of the Neymar deal, Barca have been handed a 2 transfer window ban starting in January 2015 and covering Summer 2015 too.

I wonder, if and when it looks like when PSG fail FFP will they get a similar ban.

Its not the Neymar deal, its from the transfer of minors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you look at the starting XI,

the only players short of 6ft I can think of were Hazard, Azp, Cesc and maybe Oscar.

That leaves, Costa, Schurlle, Matic, JT, Cahill, Ivan, Courtois at 6ft and above, that power is easy to see but its not like we're a battering ram.

Even looking at the bench it has some giants, Cech, Mikel, Zouma, Drogba, Torres all above 6ft, Luis and Willian a tad shorter.

Having met JT in the flesh he's no way over 5'10"

Never go full Arsene

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

So, Barca have been "hit" with a transfer ban that only comes into effect in January. What a joke. Watch them splurge and spend hundreds of millions on new players in the next fortnight to tide them over. If they REALLY wanted to punish Uefalona, they could have banned them from right this minute. But no, give them a chance to snap up lots of players so the next two transfer windows are meaningless.

Such a joke how that club gets the golden treatment from the football authorities. Had it been Chelsea, City, United, 'Pool... you could be damn sure that it would have been a lot more severe.
    duploelabs wrote: »

John Terry is 6' 1.5" (187cm in new money).

he is on me brown

Aaaahhh, I stand corrected. I know about that but got it mixed up.
    duploelabs wrote: »

I'd imagine theres no way hes under 6ft, alot of sources online hav him between 6ft 1 or 2.
    So, Barca have been "hit" with a transfer ban that only comes into effect in January. What a joke. Watch them splurge and spend hundreds of millions on new players in the next fortnight to tide them over. If they REALLY wanted to punish Uefalona, they could have banned them from right this minute. But no, give them a chance to snap up lots of players so the next two transfer windows are meaningless.

Such a joke how that club gets the golden treatment from the football authorities. Had it been Chelsea, City, United, 'Pool... you could be damn sure that it would have been a lot more severe.

We maaged to get away with it while we had Kakuta a few years back.

the other side of spending 100's of millions is how do they balance the books?

I think theyve done well to get in what they have now but knowing that they have only a few days to get anyone in for a year means they'll pay a huge premium on anyone they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well they still desperately need defenders and a central midfielder.............. so expect them to buy 2 wingers, an attacking midfielder and 3 strikers. :P

Kirby wrote: »
    Well they still desperately need defenders and a central midfielder.............. so expect them to buy 2 wingers, an attacking midfielder and 3 strikers. :P

So we can sell them Mikel?Bargain at 20million too. :D

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

A conservative estimate of what Barca have spent so far this window is £120m. They're probably covered on the FFP front, tbh given their global market. Still expect them to sign a few more players, although all for in/around £15m. They will probably have the transfer ban reduced to just next January by the CAS, who have already done them a favour by downgrading the Suárez ban to the point of almost meaningless in the circumstances.

If they, AM or RM came in for Cech, I can see him leaving. Obviously, it would be a dream to have such top class cover in Cech but it really is unfair to bench such a great servant and refuse him an opportunity to finish his career at the top level. The downside to that is that he won't command a great fee with his age and contract situation. That said, I'd be happier to see him go to a Madrid team ahead of Barca.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

BvfD0WjIMAALc38.jpg

A conservative estimate of what Barca have spent so far this window is £120m. They're probably covered on the FFP front, tbh given their global market. Still expect them to sign a few more players, although all for in/around £15m. They will probably have the transfer ban reduced to just next January by the CAS, who have already done them a favour by downgrading the Suárez ban to the point of almost meaningless in the circumstances.

If they, AM or RM came in for Cech, I can see him leaving. Obviously, it would be a dream to have such top class cover in Cech but it really is unfair to bench such a great servant and refuse him an opportunity to finish his career at the top level. The downside to that is that he won't command a great fee with his age and contract situation. That said, I'd be happier to see him go to a Madrid team ahead of Barca.

If someone comes in with 10m + and they arent an EPL club, I'd sell Cech.

At 32 he isnt going to improve hes in and around his peak now and he wont get any worse in the next 5 years.

Hes a club legend, hes a huge reason we've won many trophies down throughout the years but unfrotunately changes occur all the time.

I also reckon Courtois and maybe even Hazard will get extensions sometime soon, although Courtois will be at elast doubling if not tripling his money if he signs.

Hes reported to be earning 30k a week so anything in the 55-60k bracket is very fair for him, hes got the number 1 jersey now he has to sign a deal and get him signed up long term.

Ramires is back this weekend from suspension but does he go into the starting XI?

Part of me thinks we need as much fire power as possible to make sure we hit these smaller teams for 2/3/4 goals but Oscar was really poor in the last game.

So with that in mind I'd go with

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Ramires
    Schurrle Cesc Hazard
    Costa

I reckon we'll see Luis at some stage, especially if we're 2/3 up with 25-30mins to go.

• Advertisement

Ramires is back this weekend from suspension but does he go into the starting XI?

Part of me thinks we need as much fire power as possible to make sure we hit these smaller teams for 2/3/4 goals but Oscar was really poor in the last game.

So with that in mind I'd go with

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Ramires
    Schurrle Cesc Hazard
    Costa

I reckon we'll see Luis at some stage, especially if we're 2/3 up with 25-30mins to go.

Mine would be
    Courtois
    Azp Cahill JT Luis
    Matic Cesc
    Schurrle Hazard Willian
    Costa

Be hard to bench Ivan after his goal the other day.

Cahill and Oscar were woefully below par but i dont expect either to be benched

According to the Daily Mail, Roma want Torres and are prepared to offer up Destro as part of the deal, cant see that happening at all.

Now, if they want Torres then brilliant but we dont need another non-HG player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Ever hear of this Destro chap?

Only in passing TBh, seen him play against Juventus, buddy is a big Juventus fan and he reckons hes a good CF.

His stats suggest hes just short of a goal every other game since joining Roma but I just dont see why theyed give up Destro for Torres. :confused: makes little sense.

Also just seenthis, makes for good reading.
    Fábregas,set up more goals in his first 45 minutes for Chelsea than Marouane Fellaini, Michael Carrick, Tom Cleverley and Darren Fletcher managed for United throughout the whole of last season

:pac:

Torres/Destro rumours circulating now, it could have legs.

With 11 days left before the window closes it'll be pretty tight if it does happen.

We'll still have to off load 1 more non-HG player though if theres a swap deal to happen.

Even if its Torres out and no Destro we'll need another CF as Costa and Drogba wont be good enough and maybe using Bamford wont be good enoguh either, interesting few days ahead of us.

I personally dont think we're done just yet in the transfer window, even if I said differently earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I'd swap Torres for Destro all day long. Huge chunk off the wage bill, scored a few for Roma, significantly younger. Don't see a down side for a second/third choice striker. Not sure if I was Destro I'd be as keen though.

Thik he played 19 league games last year and got 13 goals.

Hes a bit of an unknown in what he can do if hes given game time but until something more concrete comes out it'll be out in the dream land terrority, mainly because it invovles moving along Torres to a team willing to take him.

Ideally we'd have 2 excellent CF options and Drogba but at the moment we've 1 excellent CF, a dud that might perform for 10mins and Drogba.

I also think spurs were being sounded out fro a move to Destro, be nice if they can pay for his flight again, we;ll have another song. :pac:

Cech to Monaco on a 3 year deal is being reported too.

100k net a week and the south of France, not a bad option if it comes to pass.

Nothing trust worthy really reporting it though.

• Advertisement

L'equipe now saying Cech could be on the move to France before the end of the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd prefer to keep Cech and rotate him with Toby for a season.
    Neither will obliviously want to be benched but it could be a good motivation for both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Destro is very injury prone that's why want to sell.

Panthro wrote: »
    I'd prefer to keep Cech and rotate him with Toby for a season.
    Neither will obliviously want to be benched but it could be a good motivation for both of them.

Or we get a year down the line and both have a year left and Courtois is poached :eek:

Sell one now for maximum profit we can get and keep the other.

Hint : Courtois to be kept.

Destro is very injury prone that's why want to sell.

If theyre willing to take Torres then happy days.

Sky Sources: Crystal Palace contact Chelsea coach Dermot Drummy as they continue search for new manager.

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ
    BREAKING: Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti says Sami Khedira and Angel di Maria have asked to leave club. #SSNHQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Khedira or Di Maria would really improve any of out title rivals. Obviously we'd have very little need for Di Maria, but i think Khedira would be an upgrade on Mikel, even if he's a bit more box to box minded than Mikel

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Balotelli to Liverpool is gathering pace!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement