Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Balotelli to Liverpool is gathering pace!

Another striker who feels he gets victimised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Khedira or Di Maria would really improve any of out title rivals. Obviously we'd have very little need for Di Maria, but i think Khedira would be an upgrade on Mikel, even if he's a bit more box to box minded than Mikel

Khedira mentioned Bayern recently I think but I'd say us,Arsenal and Bayern coudl be in for him, maybe utd too.

Khedira would be a huge upgrade on Mikel and an upgrade on Ramires too.

It would leave our CM heavily saturated so one of Mike/Ramires would need to be sold/loaned to balance the non-HG rule.

I'd take Khedira, no need for Di Maria, hes either Paris or Manchester bound but hes a fine playre.

Balotelli to Liverpool is gathering pace!

It leaves them with a better strike force than us if he does go and it lookss all but done.

Balotelli wont get 20 goals a season so I'm not worried about him in that regard but hes an upgrade on Borini and Lambert and Drogba and Torres.

If Khedira goes to Arsenal they'll be very close this year, maybe still lacking a good backup to Giroud or Giroud replacement.

If Di Maria goes to Utd they'll contenders over night.

So hopefully PSG sign up di Maria and Khedira goes to Bayern with Kroos and Marinez being sold and injured.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Who did he nominate?

In work so youtube/vine doesnt play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Who did he nominate?

james mcevoy, bryan adams and his daughter

• Advertisement

Who did he nominate?

His daughter, Bryan Adams and James McAvoy (in the ROW squad for the comic relief match at OT).

Jays I'm like peteeeed's echo today.

Has anyone from Chelsea nominated future team mate Paul Pogba yet?

You have to love SSN headlines: "Mattia Destro's agent rules out Fernando Torres swap deal". On what planet does Destro's agent speak for Roma?

You have to love SSN headlines: "Mattia Destro's agent rules out Fernando Torres swap deal". On what planet does Destro's agent speak for Roma?

As seen on Twitter
    Roma : 20million for Destro

Chelsea : 20million and Torres

Roma : We'll just take the 20million

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/paul-pogbas-entourage-leaves-door-open-to-late-window-move/

Contacted by L’Equipe, Paul Pogba’s entourage moved to deny claims from Juventus yesterday that talks are underway for a contract extension.
    They instead had the following to say:
    “No meeting has occurred and no discussion is planned. But we continue to repeat the same thing: today, Paul feels good at Juventus. Now, generally speaking, the last 10 days of the window look set to be important and full of movement.”

Its happening. :eek:

#NoPogbaNoParty

Its happening. :eek:

tumblr_mm4jtzl6GX1r814fyo1_500.gif

Destrod agent has said, according to nearly everyone following Chelsea on my newsfeed, that there is Chelsea interest but unless Torres is sold Destro wont be joining as there is nothing in the Torres/Destro swap speculation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Destrod agent has said, according to nearly everyone following Chelsea on my newsfeed, that there is Chelsea interest but unless Torres is sold Destro wont be joining as there is nothing in the Torres/Destro swap speculation.

D'oh.

Could be all all load of sh*te too.

I'd love to be going over this weekend, first home game of the season and a chance to look at Costa.

Hopefully he keeps up his impressive pre-season form and adds to his tally, same for Schurrle.

Hazard is set to appear on the FIFA15 Cover alongside Messi

Hazard is set to appear on the FIFA15 Cover alongside Messi

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/chelsea-joins-forces-with-ea-sports.html

Fifa14 was the first ive bought since 99. I wont be buying 15 anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Fifa14 was the first ive bought since 99. I wont be buying 15 anyway.

On ps4 ?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    On ps4 ?

Yup, picked up as Killzone was a load of sh*te, IMO.

Got sick of it pretty fast, FIFA that is, was good when buddies called over but ddint like it on single player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

peteeeed wrote: »

That is a pretty odd loan, not that easy one would assume to watch him.

Thats one strange move, to say the least.
    That is a pretty odd loan, not that easy one would assume to watch him.

Great minds think alike .... Fools seldom differ :eek:

Why would he want a loan to a second division Russian club. Apparently relegated from the top division last season by way of a play off, lay second in the table at present after 7 games having amassed the grand total of 8 goals.

Great minds think alike .... Fools seldom differ :eek:

Why would he want a loan to a second division Russian club. Apparently relegated from the top division last season by way of a play off, lay second in the table at present after 7 games having amassed the grand total of 8 goals.

the only thing i can think of is the russian crowd must be offering feruz a few bob on top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Would that club have anything to do with Abramovich ? We are owned by a Russian

Gievn the abuse that black players get in Russia its certainly a risky move.

Fair play to him for having the balls to take it on though.

Would that club have anything to do with Abramovich ? We are owned by a Russian

Not officially anyway, maybe a friend in charge but I havent looked into it at all.

• Advertisement

Looks like MvG may be on his way too

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2014/08/chelsea-transfers-marco-van-ginkel-in-talks-over-possible-loan-move/?

Hope this does not happen think it sends out a bad signal.

MVG out, Pogba in.

Sorted :pac:

Well id rather keep MVG than Mikel we'll say but does anyone want Mikel? Highly unlikely.

Looks like MvG may be on his way too

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2014/08/chelsea-transfers-marco-van-ginkel-in-talks-over-possible-loan-move/?

Hope this does not happen think it sends out a bad signal.

well he needs games after being out for a season , this one makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Sky sports reporting that we were offered Ballotelli last week but turned him down. I'm delighted we did as he wasn't brilliant for city and is a nut job to have around!
    Although, we do need a striker still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

MVG out, Pogba in.

Sorted :pac:

Well id rather keep MVG than Mikel we'll say but does anyone want Mikel? Highly unlikely.

Offer Mikel to United!:pac:

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    well he needs games after being out for a season , this one makes sense

Ya, he needs a good lash of games but at the right level, anything below a top tier league is pretty pointless IMO.
    Sky sports reporting that we were offered Ballotelli last week but turned him down. I'm delighted we did as he wasn't brilliant for city and is a nut job to have around!

I dont kow if its true but theres certainly a high chance Balotelli was offered around to clubs by AC Milan as they're not the force they once were. Looking at City and Utd, they didnt need him, Arsenal and Liverpool need him more IMO, and I'm surprised Arsenal didnt go for him, maybe Wenger just doesnt fancy him.

Underneath all the crazy stories, there is a good footballer but will he get enough goals,as in 15-20 league goals if he joins, thats my major concern.

If we wanted him we'd have bid for him but Jose has worked with him so mustnt have fancied him either.

If we get another striker it has to be at Torres expense.

Anyway, if he is back I welcome his antics and banter and I've a bet on with a buddy, not a LFC fan, that he wont get 15 league goals or more.
    Panthro wrote: »
    Offer Mikel to United!:pac:

Well TBH hes done more than Anderson has in the same time frame so maybe they'll take him.

from stats point of view his best season tally was 14 goals

goals to games ratio is not that bad but his disciplinary record is not good at all. 4 red cards in england alone

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

If MVG goes out on loan, does that satisfy the foreign players quota ?

Techless wrote: »
    If MVG goes out on loan, does that satisfy the foreign players quota ?

Mmmm i think so but id rather we shipped out Mikel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Would have preferred Balotelli to Torres anyway!

Johner wrote: »
    Would have preferred Balotelli to Torres anyway!

Oh 100% but the problem we have is if we went for Balotelli then we've got 2 non HG players we've to offload and Torres looks to be going nowhere soon.

Costa is paying us back already.
    Roughly speaking, each goal in the Premier League is worth one point, on average. In fact, it’s not so roughly speaking at all; there is an extremely close relationship between goals scored and points won, across the division as a whole.
    Last season, for example, there were 1,052 goals scored in the Premier League, and the 20 clubs combined won 1,062 points. Each goal, essentially, on average, is worth a point.

The total amount of Premier League prize money split between the 20 clubs last season was £1.563billion, which equates to £1,485,741 per goal, or £1.5m per goal, give or take.

So if Costa scores 21 league goals this year he/ll have nearly paid off his transfer fee. :pac:

Anybody catch Joses press conference?

1408711714691_Image_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG

1408711766134_wps_3_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.jpg

1408712527107_wps_5_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.jpg

1408712524527_Image_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG

1408712591844_wps_7_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.jpg

1408712362971_wps_11_Football_Chelsea_Jose_Mou.jpg

1408711975781_Image_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG
    Tackle: Gary Cahill (right) slides in to win the ball from Chelsea striker Fernando Torres
    1408711912403_Image_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG

• 1408711229656_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG

• 1408710796397_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG

• 1408709988121_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG

• 1408707910569_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG
      1408707673912_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG
      • 1408707596846_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG
      1408707517179_lc_galleryImage_Chelsea_FC_via_Press_Asso.JPG

So according to Jose

We're happy win the transfer window as the clock isnt ticking on us.
      Cech isnt happy about being number 2 but we've plenty of games in September to rotate and as long as we win everyone will be happy.
      Cech is training as hard as ever, a chelsea person.
      No comment on Balotelli, wishes all his ex-players well.
      No comment on Mackay.
      Lecister are champions and gave Everton a tough game, they'l be difficult.

• Advertisement
    This discussion has been closed.
    Advertisement