Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Arsenal are gash.

Going to be a tough game next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Johner wrote: »
    Arsenal are gash.

What a goal though, great move.

Lukaku was brilliant

Looking at that goal, the 2cbs are taking out of the game at the halfway line.

Why the hell were they that far up the pitch :eek:

Offside as well. :D

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Offside as well. :D

Terrible call by the assistant, only thing worse than it was the defending.

Everton at home though are as tough as they come.

Its only 2 games in but Arsenal not taking back Cesc to replace Wilshire/Arteta/Flamini is a big over sight but its brilliant for us in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Chelsea tweeted a good pic of Harris, Bonetti and Tambling. Bobby looks very well after looking frail in recent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

They are tough either home or away but I believe we have the steel to do it.

Chelsea tweeted a good pic of Harris, Bonetti and Tambling. Bobby looks very well after looking frail in recent years.

BvvT2rFIIAM8wA1.jpg

• Advertisement

How poxy are Arsenal?

Gives me huge hope for a win at Goodison next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Arsenal looking to get something out of it now :(

One thing that result has done is shown both teams can be got at. Arsenal without Kosclieny were poor at the back and Everton lacked the ability to kill a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

GavRedKing wrote: »
    One thing that result has done is shown both teams can be got at. Arsenal without Kosclieny were poor at the back and Everton lacked the ability to kill a game.

So can we though, we've been shaky in defense so far.

Away to Everton will be tough.

So can we though, we've been shaky in defense so far.

Away to Everton will be tough.

Nowhere near as bad and weve got the best back 5 in the league. No doubt itll be tough and weve a terrible record at Goodison but i fancy my chances at Goodison.

Today showed why costa is such a good buy he scores goalsand chances we missed lat year.

Di Maria to Utd would be a great signing. Good player for the league to have as well if he joins.

They may finish 4th if they get him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Di Maria to Utd would be a great signing. Good player for the league to have as well if he joins.

They may finish 4th if they get him.

Dont giva fcuk what the rest of the league has tbh :p

Dont giva fcuk what the rest of the league has tbh :p

Theyre still lacking a good cm or cb anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

The great thing about today is that this game last season would have probably petered out to a 0-0 or even a sneaky 0-1.
    Also Courtois is ridiculously calm and composed:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I watched it on a 30 minute delay so couldn't comment live on it but the first half was poor, Leicester made it difficult and retained the ball pretty well too but second half our extra quality counted. I was leading the Diego Costa marching band before he signed and the band is certainly tuning up after 2 goals in 2 games, the man is terrific. Hazard, Schurrle, Oscar, Fabregas and Matic all had strong second halves. Also big praise for Thibaut Courtois, his handling, his decision-making, his consistency, his focus and his aura all, for me at least, make him the best goalkeeper in the world at present, that one on one save was the difference between 3 points and 0.

Everton away next long may the victories, and the exclusion of Torres from the squad, continue.

• Advertisement

The picture of Costa at the ATM is brilliant ha.

Would any of ye take a point at Goodison if offered it? Considering our poor record there then it wouldnt be an awful result... but then again we are better than them and a good performance should lead to a win.

Also just thinking there... cant wait for QPR away this season.. hope we fcuking trounce them.

Dont like QPR especially after our previous Premier League trips there

Also just thinking there... cant wait for QPR away this season.. hope we fcuking trounce them.

Dont like QPR especially after our previous Premier League trips there

Ya i hope we batter them home and away, QPR that is.

Id love to bate Everton too but as ya said itll be a really tough game. We lost 1-0 last year even though eto'o had several simple chances and schurrle had 1 or 2 as well.

This year if the same chances present themselves id fancy Costa to bag one of them but Lukaku will have a point to prove. Id take a point if offered but i want a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Fancy ye to beat Everton. They don't look like quite fit - two games in a row where they faltered after 75 mins- and are exceptionally vulnerable to direct attacks. They play a high line and Costa is going to love that.

Ive a buddy working in London who gets his hand on free tickets for nearly any home game for Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea with the company he works with. Well hes only gone and secured tickets for Chelsea v City early next year so if i dont get over before then thats going to be my 1st home game of the season.

Cant wait now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Ive a buddy working in London who gets his hand on free tickets for nearly any home game for Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea with the company he works with. Well hes only gone and secured tickets for Chelsea v City early next year so if i dont get over before then thats going to be my 1st home game of the season.

Cant wait now.

Ask your buddy there, does he want some more friends :D

Cant wait now.

You motherfcuker :)

I might ask him for tickets to the last game of the season too be nice to see the premier league trophy being handed out. :)

City game is down for a Saturday kick off on the 31st January but itll likely be moved to a Sunday.

• Advertisement

Im also off to portugal tomorrow for a week so dont wreck the place and somebody keep the Pogba dream alive. :D

anyone watch Utd?

They were terrible

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Awful. Sunderland were unlucky not to get three points out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

They were terrible

and it was glorious..

New season, same Utd.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Advertisement

I reckon the ice will melt before it hits Brannas head. :pac:

When are we playing Utd?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

The ice will refuse to get out of the bucket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    Been camping the weekend in the wilds of Canada...what did I miss?

A sh*te chelsea 1st half followed by a very good 2nd half.

Ivan matic and courtois among the standout performers.

QPR getting smashed, which is nice, Arsenal fluked a draw, although everton really bottled it and Utd arent firing yet under LVG when it matters.

Costa got another poachers goal and thats 2 games in a row where hes opened the scoring for Chelsea which is something we didnt have last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Fúcking Jesus... when she kinda leaned forward, I thought she was going to take her top off. Every molecule of air in the room was sucked into my lungs... then let out in a shiver of disappointment... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Life President of CFC mainly known for his Acting/Directing career Richard Attenborough has passed away:( http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28923074

R.I.P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Life President of CFC mainly known for his Acting/Directing career Richard Attenborough has passed away:( http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-28923074

R.I.P

Aw, damn... :( Always remember him from Jurassic Park and for directing Gandhi. Hugely talented director, actor and thespian.

I would hope CFC will have a fitting memorial for him.

Very nice tribute by the club on the website

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/lord-attenborough-1923-2014.html

Lovely quote from him in the write up:

In 2008 Lord A became Life President. On being handed a commemorative plate to mark the occasion, he said: 'I'll sweep the Oscars off the mantelpiece and put this plate right on top now. It means as much to me as any award or honour I have been given in the past.'

Always came across as a proper gentleman, gifted actor who could play sinister just as well as jovial good guy. RIP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I reckon the ice will melt before it hits Brannas head. :pac:

It'd apologise beforehand

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

R.I.P

That is sad he was chilling in 10 Rillington Place, great Chelsea man when things were dire RIP indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

We really need to stop pussyfooting around here and give Courtois a long contract, he has proven over the past 3 years in Spain he has what it takes we should not put ourselves in a position where we could end up losing both for next to nowt and paying over the top fpr someone inferior

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/8/24/6062227/jose-mourinho-thibaut-courtois-petr-cech

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Meanwhile Cech is burning people on twitter!!

C8989F21-576D-4478-91D2-EB8525BD18CB_zpsnrg5uhtw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If Di Maria signs for United, they will have spend £244M on nine's players since Fergie said of Hazard in 2012 "he's a good player but £34M?"

John Terry was on bbc news talking about Richard Attenborough. Came across very well (and that's from a self confessed non fan of Terry), as has been said, I hope they honour him next home game, he deserved it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement