Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Any word on Torres exit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Any word on Torres exit?

Ac Milan loan deal also mvg going there too

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Any word on Torres exit?

I'm hearing Torres to Milan is gona happen.......we can only pray!!
    Also hearing Van Ginkel going on loan is a sure thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

duckman!! wrote: »
    Also hearing Van Ginkel going on loan is a sure thing!

Good news and bad news then

Torres uploaded a video today of him doing the ice bucket challenge on Instagram, now I'm no expert but that doesn't look like he's in London!!!
    He could just be on a short break (more then lightly) or he could be in Spain or
    Italy finalising a deal???
    We can only pray to baby jebus!!!!

D03CBD1B-89BA-4EAD-843A-9640109CA782_zpskzhaw2oz.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Also hearing Van Ginkel going on loan is a sure thing![/QUote

gathering pace, #nonino and #notorres trending on twitter. !!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

If Torres and MvG go on loan we have a spare non national place Pogba??????

• Advertisement

If Torres and MvG go on loan we have a spare non national place Pogba??????

Destro is probably more lightly!
    If Torres goes we need another striker!!

Phoenix wrote: »
    Pogba would be classed as HG,oh please the Torres rumours be true!

Oh yea forgot that ok Pogba and Destroy it is then sorted, would much prefer Torres and Obi out but it ain't Christmas yet

Oh yea forgot that ok Pogba and Destroy it is then sorted, would much prefer Torres and Obi out but it ain't Christmas yet

Pogba won't happen he's ready to sign a new 5 year deal with Juve!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Pogba won't happen he's ready to sign a new 5 year deal with Juve!!

his agent also said anything could happen!

This is going stir some sh1t but.... I hope we don't sign him!!
    I've watched a lot of his games and the way people are talking about
    him is just crazy, nowhere near the level people rate him to be.
    Reminds me a lot of the way people rate Rooney, he makes a pass to a player
    10 yards in front of him and people clap like mad and say "what vision"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

That's agent speak for give my client more money !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

for the longest time I didnt think it would ever happen, but honestly the last few days, I believe.

He might leave.

I would take anyone, ANYONE in his place!

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Dom Solanke will do an equal job to Torres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

If Torres were to leave (finally), would we be likely to see anyone else come in?

We could be left in a bit of bother if Costa were to get injured.

Think we would have to 2 strikers and Schurrle not enough for the season

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The rumours going around today on twitter are that Destro is coming in from Roma and MvG and/or Torres are going over to Milan, possibly. There seems to be an issue around Milan not wanting to pay all of Torres' ridiculous wages, which is fair enough.

Of course, it goes without saying that Juve have decided they no longer need Pogba's services and will release him so he can join Chelsea within the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

With reference to pogba signing a new contract, how often have we seen players sign new deals only to move on in the following window?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

kev1.3s wrote: »
    With reference to pogba signing a new contract, how often have we seen players sign new deals only to move on in the following window?
    Yeah, it's part of the club looking to maximise the profit they can achieve all right. Happened with Suárez at LFC. New contract signed in December for 4 1/2 years and now look.

In all seriousness, I can see him as a Chelsea player either in January or next summer. I can't see it happening in this window now, primarily because of his age and the current asking price. It's a massive wedge of cash and we don't urgently need another CM. Our midfield will cope with most others in the league but come the business end of the season, we might need an upgrade on the likes of Rambo and Mikel so that we can play 4-3-3/4-3-2-1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Live from Portugal.....wheres Pogba?

Yeah, it's part of the club looking to maximise the profit they can achieve all right. Happened with Suárez at LFC. New contract signed in December for 4 1/2 years and now look.

In all seriousness, I can see him as a Chelsea player either in January or next summer. I can't see it happening in this window now, primarily because of his age and the current asking price. It's a massive wedge of cash and we don't urgently need another CM. Our midfield will cope with most others in the league but come the business end of the season, we might need an upgrade on the likes of Rambo and Mikel so that we can play 4-3-3/4-3-2-1.

Sadly I think MvG is certainly an upgrade on Obi but he seems to be on hos way on loan, mainly because we cannot get rid of Obi I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Saville has joined Wolves on a permanent deal for around £1 million. Good luck to him, he's a very talented player and think he'll do well in the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea Legend Lampard has retired from international football.
    "It has been a very tough decision for me to make," Lampard said.
    "That is why I have given it so much thought since the World Cup."

"I have always been exceptionally proud and honoured to represent my country and have to say looking back I have enjoyed every minute of wearing the England shirt."

"Due to my club career now going in a different direction, it is of utmost importance for me to consider my family first and also to concentrate on how I can perform consistently to the best of my abilities over my next few years in club football.

"It is now the time to move forward and I feel very confident that with Roy Hodgson in charge, the young players that we have coming through, and the changes that are being made throughout the development of the youth system in this country, that we will have success in the future and a team that this country deserves."]

A true professional and a remarkable player for England down through the years. Well done Lampard.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27986649

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Torres is on a huge knock at Chelsea and no one else is willing to pay him the same. So Nando makes himself spectacularly useless, thereby daring Chelsea to buy him out of his contract. If not, he can be the only spectator in the stands to get paid £150,000 to watch a game.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2733697/Fernando-Torres-demands-16million-two-remaining-years-Chelsea-contract-THEN-ll-agree-leave-Stamford-Bridge.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Eto has signed a two year deal with Everton

2years? F**k me. Risky but a decent signing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭hadepsx

I see AC Milan want Torres.would yus be happy to let him go with just Costa up top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

hadepsx wrote: »
    I see AC Milan want Torres.would yus be happy to let him go with just Costa up top

and what happens if, or when, costa gets injured?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I would love to see us get shot of Torres but we'd need to bring in someone as back up, ideally young and a different style to Costa just so we'll have something interesting to come off the bench if needed...

Idealy we will get a replacement if we get shot of Torres but if not as LimerickLad says Solanke will do no worse than Torres.

Some reports claiming Milan want to buy MvG hope that not true and is only a season long loan (if only it were Obi and Torres going to Milan).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

If Torres is going anywhere either permanently or on loan I'd say Mattia Destro will the replacement.
    By all accounts we're just waiting on Torres to go to bring him in.

He'd give us a bit of versatility in that he can play as a wide forward like Schurrle as well as a No.9.

That would leave us with Costa, Destro, Drogba and Schurrle as our four CF options which is fine when we play 1 up front.

Idealy we will get a replacement if we get shot of Torres but if not as LimerickLad says Solanke will do no worse than Torres.

Some reports claiming Milan want to buy MvG hope that not true and is only a season long loan (if only it were Obi and Torres going to Milan).

After the ACL injury last year, he needs definitely needs game-time to get back up to speed.
    A loan would great for him but it might leave us a bit short in CM. (A Ramires/Mikel midfield 2 doesn't exactly scream creativity or goals :pac: )

bbc reporting on the milan bid for torres

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28951784

Any other word on a replacement if Torres does go? Destro has been mentioned? It would be insane to only have Costa and Drogba as the strikers for the season, as much as we all love Drogba he is finished and he should be a third choice striker imo. If Costa got injured we would be fucked.

Johner wrote: »
    Any other word on a replacement if Torres does go? Destro has been mentioned? It would be insane to only have Costa and Drogba as the strikers for the season, as much as we all love Drogba he is finished and he should be a third choice striker imo. If Costa got injured we would be fucked.

jim white 21:59 sky sports news "news from stamford bridge"

• Advertisement

We cant loan MVG, the ACN is this year right? So thats Mikel and Salah both gone.

MVG can cover Mikel and Salah wont be missed with our wide options.

Johner wrote: »

Other than Destro maybe Falcao on loan or someone out of left field like Huntelaar at Schalke?

There aren't that many options available. That's why Milan are interested in Torres in the first place :pac: :D

If Torres goes I hope weve a 2nd cf lined up. Drogba cant carry team if costa gets injured.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If Torres goes I hope weve a 2nd cf lined up. Drogba cant carry team if costa gets injured.

Destro for around 15-20 million seems to be in place if Torres goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Looks like we're taking MVG on loan without a buyout clause - provided the player agrees to move.

Can't see us completing a move for Torres but you never know. Milan only want him on loan but he wants a permanent transfer. His wages are also too high. Hopefully it doesn't go through.

Will be fairly pi**ed off if we take Van Ginkel on loan without the possibility of buying him when the loan finishes.

Other than Destro maybe Falcao on loan or someone out of left field like Huntelaar at Schalke?

There aren't that many options available. That's why Milan are interested in Torres in the first place :pac: :D

As far as I'm concerned falcao's wage demands would be prohibitive also I don't believe he'll ever be the player he was when he was at Porto or atletico again. Destro is a good option IMO and one that should be wrapped up quick, arsenal are in desperate need of a striker now too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Is Bamford still with us or is he on loan/sold?

GavRedKing wrote: »

Don't let the worry spoil the holls Gav.
    Go into media blackout and see if there is a suprise when you get back.

Killinator wrote: »
    Is Bamford still with us or is he on loan/sold?

Still with the club at the minute - was meant to be heading to 'Boro on loan last week but hasn't been confirmed yet.

I taught he was gone on loan already?

Bamford's loan should be wrapped up soon.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement