Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

godammit warnock is the new manager of palace, kicking lumps out of us as usual

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Dwight Gayle? Even just to bring him on against Liverpool?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Are Monaco trying to loan out Falcao?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We can loan MVG, the ACN is this year right? So thats Mikel and Salah both gone.

Pogba can cover Mikel and Salah wont be missed with our wide options.

fixed your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Looks like we're taking MVG on loan without a buyout clause - provided the player agrees to move.

Can't see us completing a move for Torres but you never know. Milan only want him on loan but he wants a permanent transfer. His wages are also too high. Hopefully it doesn't go through.

Will be fairly pi**ed off if we take Van Ginkel on loan without the possibility of buying him when the loan finishes.

It'll only be a loan. He's highly thought of at Stamford Bridge, but the squad is full and we probably couldn't sell Mikel. Game time will also be very beneficial for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

Lukker- wrote: »
    It'll only be a loan. He's highly thought of at Stamford Bridge, but the squad is full and we probably couldn't sell Mikel. Game time will also be very beneficial for him.

A tricky one. On the one hand he's certainly help us in midfield as we're light on creativity with Montolivo's injury, but on the other hand I'd far rather see players like Cristante get game time instead of developing other teams players that we're not going to keep.

I'd rather we sign neither MVG nor Torres to be honest. Hopefully both deals fall through.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

The latest on Destro from the ever-unreliable Italian press is that we've offered £18m (€23m) for him. A lot of others on Twitter don't see him as backup but to be fair, he's a decent goals:games ratio and he's young at 23 so I'd be more than happy with him, even if he's a slightly unknown quantity for people who don't follow Serie A.

Mixed reports on the Torres story, wages are clearly an issue for all parties. MvG on loan looks to be nearing latter stages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If milan even pay half of torres wages id be shocked. Theyve culled pretty much every big earner from the team over the last 12-18months.

If milan even pay half of torres wages id be shocked. Theyve culled pretty much every big earner from the team over the last 12-18months.

What is Torres' actual wages?

£175k per week gross?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

£175k per week gross?

Too high whatever the figure is - let alone £175k week .....Christ almighty. Where did I go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Lukker- wrote: »

I think if we could have got rid of Obi then MvG would be staying. I guess if Torres and MvG go then Petr will be staying as we will be OK for non home grown players.

Unless we do a swapsee with Monaco they get Petr we get Falcao of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hope Torres doesnt go... we wouldnt have much time to get a replacement... you never know we could get stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

peteeeed wrote: »
    godammit warnock is the new manager of palace, kicking lumps out of us as usual

What are Palace thinking of relegation near certainty now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Hope Torres doesnt go... we wouldnt have much time to get a replacement... you never know we could get stuck

Torres wouldn't do much if we're stuck in fairness. He'd just be there doing his usual stick. Jose needs to be ruthless. He's just not good enough.

£175k per week gross?

A reported 175k alright. Only Hazard is on more money than him at chelsea.

Schurrle could do a job IMO.

Reports suggesting that the MVG loan deal has fallen through due to the player wanting to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Happy enough.

Reports suggesting that the MVG loan deal has fallen through due to the player wanting to stay at Stamford Bridge.

Happy enough.

Ye can have Mikel for free. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Happy enough.

I'm happy with that too. Think we'd be a bit light without him. Happy that he's willing to stay and fight.

• Advertisement

Ye can have Mikel for free. :D

G'way with that, already took Essien of your hands :pac:

Bayern have signed benatia from Roma , glad we didn't sign him

@FCBayern: Herzlich Willkommen beim #FCBayern! @MedhiBenatia unterzeichnet Fünfjahresvertrag. Mehr gleich auf fcb.de #MiaSanMia http://t.co/A6T9O2Ikv8

peteeeed wrote: »
    Bayern have signed benatia from Roma , glad we didn't sign him

@FCBayern: Herzlich Willkommen beim #FCBayern! @MedhiBenatia unterzeichnet Fünfjahresvertrag. Mehr gleich auf fcb.de #MiaSanMia http://t.co/A6T9O2Ikv8

Im glad he didnt sign for a rival tbh.

Sky Sports Italia says Milan and Chelsea are holding talks about a move for Fernando Torres with the Spanish international debating whether to switch to Serie A. The two clubs have reportedly reached an agreement over a loan but Torres is believed to prefer a permanent move. More on this as we get it.

From skysports

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Nicolo Schira a reporter from SkySportItalia has just tweeted saying Milan were unable to convince VanGinkel to join them and that he's staying at Chelsea!!!

We have been drawn to play Bolton Wanderers at home in the third round of the league cup . Game to be played w/c 22 September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Put out a weaker team for that one. We're better off out of that third-rate competition. It's a pointless distraction, only useful for experimenting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Schurrle could do a job IMO.
    If we can offload Torres, Andre can guarantee cover until the next transfer window. I wouldn't like to risk a full premiership season with only two recognised strikers. Ideally we should sort out another striker before this window expires for UCL purposes, unless we can go to a non-tied source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

If Torres goes who are the realistic options available to come in?

Destro?
    Welbeck?

Who else is actually available at this late stage?

As much as I want Torres gone if there is nobody lined up to replace then there's no point in sending him on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Costa injured?

What timing!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Looks like another hamstring injury for Costa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I think it's a rumour!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

duckman!! wrote: »
    I think it's a rumour!!!

Christ on a bike 🚲 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

Think it's fake! It better be or what a disaster

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I feel sick to my stomach. Surely there's someone scurrying around at Chelsea offices right now gathering together every bit of cash he can get his hands on and that lump sum will be thrown at a striker, any striker. Destro has never seemed so appealing as he does right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

The only hope is that it's only the sun that are supposedly reporting it.

Fourfourtweet are the only source I can see with this story, I'll wait for sky sports before I believe it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Strange that its only the Sun reporting it so far.

It's a fecking disaster if true. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It's like having a birthday party, but it ends before the cake and presents :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

oh no no no no no no... no no no no no no no... no... it's not fair... no... it's just not fair............

anchorman2.gif

Torres to stay then so :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its from a twitter rumour ITK but its not the end of the world even if were to be true , we can't be dependent on him for every game throughout the season , Torres looks to be out the door , Drogba has not got 90 minutes in him at 100% we needed cover and if this were to be true it would force our hand ,

Money won't be an issue what so ever , were in great shape in that department .

Also if this happened in training today (11AM-2/3PM ) why has no journalists or media outlet had a sniff of it all day

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Torres to stay then so :D

I'm convinced Torres is to blame for this, guaranteed he has a voodoo doll with a heavy resemblance to Diego Costa stashed away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

I'm convinced Torres is to blame for this, guaranteed he has a voodoo doll with a heavy resemblance to Diego Costa stashed away.

Some1 on Twitter had the same thoughts!!

0240ceb24091468d43ff3a6c7b19e0b1_zps2011239d.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Torres would probably try stabbing the doll with a needle and somehow manage to miss!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Panthro wrote: »
    Torres would probably try stabbing the doll with a needle and somehow manage to miss!:pac:

And probably succeed in stabbing himself in the hand while he's at it.

I still have a real soft spot for poor oul Nando. I mean, it must have taken some mental toll on him. For so long, one of the most untouchable, unstoppable, machine-like goalscoring centre forwards in the world. To fall from grace so suddenly and so ignominiously must be awful for a professional athlete. I know that the wages of £175,000 a week would soften the blow...

But if you look at his body language and his facial expressions when he plays, that is a man who almost looks like he's suffering from clinical depression. I think it's a mental problem with him, I really do. He seems like a really cool, nice bloke too, which makes it worse.

I think he genuinely tries his best, but the old magic/spark isn't there, and in fairness he never really gets a proper rub of the green when it's needed.

I know it can be hard to feel sorry for a millionaire footballer who has the world at his feet, but I do feel sorry for Nando at times; that bad injury he got at Liverpool finished him and he'll never be the same again.

Still, we always have this:

and this:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

it would appear this is a thing now...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11060418/Chelsea-injury-scare-as-Diego-Costa-suffers-hamstring-blow.html

still completely confident that Torres will leave us before the windows out and we'll have someone else in to replace him!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement