Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Torres on to save the day!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

weiland79 wrote: »
    Torres on to save the day!:eek:

Ya can never wright him off in a Spain shirt! In fairness Spain being taught a lesson at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Write them off :)

Shocking stuff from Spain, time to sell all our Spanish players. Here comes cesc!

Can we have Robben back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Rape is not a strong enough word for this!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

not ta worry.
    we've one of the best defences in the league.
    Matic, Oscar, Willian and Hazard with TSO at the helm.
    We'll get these Spanish lads to up the game a bit!:D

Can we have Robben back?

I just hope van gaal doesn't bring him back with him to united.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Typical Torres

Torres on the other hand...

• Advertisement

Jesus

Ah Torres! What are you at?

Only tuned in 5 mins from the end of the first half, how was Costa?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

His movement was good, ran the space very well. He was wasteful though, missed a few chances. Looked like he played for the penalty too. Don't think he's match fit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Torres trying to explain that miss...

after-doing-something-bad-as-a-child-my-reaction-whenever-someone-yelled-whats-wrong-with-you-9450.gif

Nothing to talk about really apart from a cheeky trailing foot to fool the referee into giving a penalty and a head butt.

Lukker- wrote: »
    His movement was good, ran the space very well. He was wasteful though, missed a few chances. Looked like he played for the penalty too. Don't think he's match fit though.

Yeah his movement was good but when he got into positions he was torresesque.

Enough to warrant second thoughts from Jose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Enough to warrant second thoughts from Jose?

He'll get sent off plenty, that's for sure.

daRobot wrote: »
    He'll get sent off plenty, that's for sure.
    Yeah saw the head butt incident, wasn't impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

If we sign Costa, we have to keep Lukaku.

Costa will be banned for too much of the season and we can't rely on Torres. Notatall.

I just hope the papers have it wrong re Lukaku. I haven't been able to find any firm rumours about his future, I just hope it's with Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I remember talk of pool trying to sign costa last summer and there was so much discussion on his behavioural problems. brilliant player but jose better be firm with him or he will be on the bench suspended a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Costa is a bit of a nut job alright. He was one of the biggest wind up merchants in la liga. Used to spit on his hand and flick it at other players.

Other than last season he hasn't really done much. I'd be fearful of a once off kinda thing rather than his consistent level going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Costa is a bit of a nut job alright. He was one of the biggest wind up merchants in la liga. Used to spit on his hand and flick it at other players.

Other than last season he hasn't really done much. I'd be fearful of a once off kinda thing rather than his consistent level going forward.

I'd say that Jose knows what he's getting and how to use him.

The only concern would be about his physicality and how successful it'll be in England.

Drogba made it work but he was class all round.

Costa seems like a bit of a battering ram.

Thee was a good conversation on football weekly about what Jose is looking for though. Last season he was missing his lion-hearted lieutenants on the pitch. The Drogba/Lampard/Terry spine.

Costa can do that for him I'd say. There's enough quality around him but Mourinho needs someone on the pitch setting the standards for grit and determination.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ronsgonawin

Really don't think Costa is the answer. Never been impressed any game I have seem him in. I think it would be a huge mistake to sign someone 25 who has had only one good season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Yeah I agree. Suarez has some of Costas nasty side but he's in a different class really.
    Really don't think Costa is the answer. Never been impressed any game I have seem him in. I think it would be a huge mistake to sign someone 25 who has had only one good season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I don't see any better alternative on the market

duploelabs wrote: »

Not really a good enough reason to waste money imo

duploelabs wrote: »

We have lukaku without going into any market. I'm not saying lukaku's the answer for next season but given our record with big name strikers we've got to be sure we get this one right.
    I wasn't impressed with costas performance last night but I suppose no one in a Spain shirt covered themselves in glory last night so it's difficult to judge.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    We have lukaku without going into any market. I'm not saying lukaku's the answer for next season but given our record with big name strikers we've got to be sure we get this one right.
    I wasn't impressed with costas performance last night but I suppose no one in a Spain shirt covered themselves in glory last night so it's difficult to judge.

Yeh I think your right on lukaku good young striker who can hold up the ball. I also like the look of Jackson martinez but I could be proved wrong in this world cup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Anyone gona be cheering for Gary Cahill tonight? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

I sure will be!

For 2 reasons, 1) I'm English and 2) I have €9 @ 40/1 for him to be first goal scorer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

RichT wrote: »
    I sure will be!

For 2 reasons, 1) I'm English and 2) I have €9 @ 40/1 for him to be first goal scorer :D

Good luck with it!

Actually have a feeling England will win tonight if they play the Liverpool lads and really go for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

I'm English too, so kind of, but will also be praying for a Chiellini last goal as I've backed him with a free stake @ 33/1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ive got Italy in a work buster so ill hope they win. :pac:

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ive got Italy in a work buster so ill hope they win. :pac:

tumblr_msis41JHqu1shng6po1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Cahill to score anytime stuck a tenner on that. Hope England win

Eamon Dunphy has serious man love for "the best defender in the Premiership... John Terry"...
    We prefer to call him legend!

• Advertisement

Various sources have Jose saying...............
    “When the World Cup in Brazil is over, Courtois will be coming straight back to Stamford Bridge – end of story”

From The Guardian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Great news regarding Courtois. The old guard has been pretty much removed, now is the time to get Courtois established as Chelsea's number 1.

So courtois back and costa is wanted.

Good times, need a LB sorted too

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

That's great news. Sky reporting that he's confident of securing Costa's signing soon and also that the rumours about Khedira etc are baloney.

If, just if, we can't keep Lukaku, who would you like to see come brought in for him?

I really like the look of Bamford. Even at the playoff final, Derby were toothless without him. Only when he came on (iirc, in the last 10 minutes) did they look capable of scoring. He needs a few dinners and a lot of gym time but he'll get there.

I can't think of anyone we can get for cheap. That Urena lad who got Costa Rica's third might be one to watch through the WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

He also ruled out signing any Real Madrid players, so that rules out Varane too.

He said Ramires won't be sold either.

In fairness Jose has been pretty transparent regarding transfers since his return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Lukker- wrote: »
    He also ruled out signing any Real Madrid players, so that rules out Varane too.

He said Ramires won't be sold either.

Balls

Id still want Shaw or maybe the Swiss lad Rodreqiuez but theres no chat/rumours about either, wont be any news until after the WC on any signing id say.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8oUIDmOjOT0
    Frank lampard senior proving that jr. Is a chip off the old block.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement