Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

fears he could be out for up to six weeks.
    ......has still not given up on facing Everton at Goodison Park.

So basically they haven't got a notion of what's going on and are picking up a twitter rumour while covering all bases at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Well that basically means we can't ship out Torres, no way would I be bringing in a new striker that we'd have to rely on for every game for a couple of months, players need time to settle and Drogs isn't upto leading the line for 90mins anymore... I'd hold onto Torres, give him a couple of games to see if he's hungry then hand it over to Schurrle (or maybe even Haz/Fab) after that.

Typical luck though, first time in a few years we've had striker's goals and he goes and get's crocked -_-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Phoenix wrote: »
    Until the club confirms it it'll be more twitter/tabloid horse****

the same stories as drogba out for 3 months, played the following weekend

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Lads, calm the fcuk down. Nothing worse than seeing a twitter s*it-show make its way onto this thread.

Bamford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Phoenix wrote: »
    Until the club confirms it it'll be more twitter/tabloid horse****

Who needs horsesh!t when we have horse placenta

CONFIRMED* Diego Costa "has a minor muscular injury" & will be assessed over the next few days #CFC @BenDinnery

https://twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/504932132079550464

mr sports injuries on twitter just posted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

@SkySportsNewsHQ 18m
    BREAKING: Chelsea say Diego Costa has a "minor muscular injury" and will be monitored over the next few days. #SSNHQ

KingJamsie wrote: »
    @SkySportsNewsHQ 18m
    BREAKING: Chelsea say Diego Costa has a "minor muscular injury" and will be monitored over the next few days. #SSNHQ

i wonder where they got that from :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

peteeeed wrote: »
    i wonder where they got that from :)

sky tweeted before Dinnery :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,390 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

McDave wrote: »
    Put out a weaker team for that one. We're better off out of that third-rate competition. It's a pointless distraction, only useful for experimenting.

P1ss poor attitude, should be supporting the club in any competition they contest.

We have good players not getting in the team right now not necessarily weak either. experiment yes, wanting failure no!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

SSN saying 'Torres will go as soon as he agrees personal terms with Milan'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

SSN saying 'Torres will go as soon as he agrees personal terms with Milan'

Unless he agrees to about a 60%+ wage cut then he'll be going nowhere I wouldn't say.

A loan move with Chelsea paying half his wages could be on the cards but the player himself doesn't want a loan I don't think.

Unless he agrees to about a 60%+ wage cut then he'll be going nowhere I wouldn't say.

A loan move with Chelsea paying half his wages could be on the cards but the player himself doesn't want a loan I don't think.

who knows we might make a "golden handshake" to get rid of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Wonder if the club are down playing the extent of the injury so we don't get fleeced if we're trying to sign a new back up.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Wonder if the club are down playing the extent of the injury so we don't get fleeced if we're trying to sign a new back up.

Maybe also waiting to see if they draw Roma in CL later too.

Cross your legs, fingers, everything!

Fernando Torres' agent Antonio Sanz is reported to have told MilanNews that a deal to take his client to AC Milan is close. He said after meeting with Rossoneri officials:
    The meeting has been positive. Torres at Milan is a possibility. We will take time to reflect before giving an answer. Milan are a great side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Looks like he'll be going on a permanent deal with Chelsea paying him a lump sum as he still has 2 years left on his ~£150k a week contract. Wouldn't be overly impressed with him looking for a lump sum if I was a Chelsea fan given the complete failure he was at the club; he was treated well and given plenty of chances. If he went without a lump sum I'm sure he'd be fondly remembered, won a CL and Europa League... him taking the money and running would leave a bitter taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Torres was not in great form when we bought him and he never recovered the form of AM and his earlier Liverpool days. That was our gamble and it did not pay off, I honestly think he tried very hard but the harder he tried the worse he got. Given that he was not in great form and had not been for a while then really you can't blame Torres - I would not bracket him with the likes of Winston for example - so for me he is entitled to his windfall. It is a shame it did not work out but things happen at this stage I think best for all he moves on maybe with things a bit slower in Italy he might find some form.

If he goes though we do need to buy.

Rumours of a free transfer (Milan in Bosman signing shocker) with Torres signing a two year deal on reduced wages

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Free!? And approx £16m payday when he leaves. FFS, I've stood by Torres over the years he's been at the club but I'd not be into that at all.

Been doing some reminiscing today and looking at old matches. This is the match chose my team for me:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭RichT

Save the best to last........ :)

Yea great match that just loved Wisey on Butt, classic Denis that

Chelsea in group G

peteeeed wrote: »
    Chelsea in group G

Hopefully Liverpool drawn in A B or C now more chance of our games on the box!

Oh they will be now only one group available for city they got Bayern again!!

Shalke 04 from pot 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Schalke! Grand!

• Advertisement

Also in group G Schalke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Grand Job, Schalke as the second seeds.

Peter schmicael presenting, Why?

Group g sporting Lisbon

Sporting! Another grand one.

Sporting in G too not too bad so far

• Advertisement

Group g completed with Maribor Slovenia

Maribor excellent

Couldn't have hand picked it better!

Chelsea
    Maribor
    Schalke
    Sporting Lisbon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

City group looks tough enough we should top ours, Liverpool should come second in theirs as should Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

jesus, that's an awesome draw. Means we can concentrate on the league for the first half of the season

No major journeys either, brilliant

So we could have had Celtic if they hadn't ****ed it up

No major journeys either, brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

IS TORRES GONE YET?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

duckman!! wrote: »
    IS TORRES GONE YET?????

Pogbahhhhhhhh!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Costa has been declared fit to face Everton apparently!!!

Rumours that you lot are going to pay Torres the remainder of his contract to push the move through.

Couldn't be the case could it? That must be about £16/£17m

Why not just keep him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rumours that you lot are going to pay Torres the remainder of his contract to push the move through.

Couldn't be the case could it? That must be about £16/£17m

Why not just keep him?

Waste of a place in the squad really. If Costa was injured for this weekend, would Torres coming in for him be any good ? Cut the losses now

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement