Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Johner wrote: »

That doesn't include his wages, so cost per goal in all comps is £1.89m or, being generous, goals scored plus assists = £1,062,500 per goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Phoenix wrote: »
    Is he worse than our other infamous striker....Furlong :pac:

Furlong didn't cost anywhere near as much in wages and didn't play with team mates half as good and wasn't given half as many opportunities. So I personally have more time for Furlong than Torres, in fact, in the huge list of historical dud strikers at Chelsea, Torres comes fairly near the bottom. Maybe above Dave Mitchell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lukker- wrote: »
    I don't think it was for lack of trying, he definitely had a mental block and he never got the rub of the green.

Under different managers he was given plenty time he just wasn't good enough they bought the player he was in the last 6 months of his Liverpool career. Sure he tried, players in the academy try he had a 50 million price tag which should be delivering quality.

He seemed to give more in the cups particularly Europe. He got 3 trophies outta this he didn't collect anything at Liverpool for all the goals he scored. Newcastle were the biggest winners following his transfer to us.

He contributed greatly on the way to the European triumphs and that I'm grateful for but the bad out ways the good when it came to Torres I'm afraid to say I won't miss him anyway.

To end on a positive note sound for this.....

Loic Remy for 10 million it appears pending a medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Loic Remy for 10 million it appears pending a medical.

sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Massive meh to Remy if its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Good player for a good price. He'll probably be the best striker not to play this season. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

A lot of people reporting remy as a dome deal,10m medical tomorrow.He'll do nicely as a back up striker got 14 league goals for Newcastle last season,efficient business from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Meglamonia wrote: »
    A lot of people reporting remy as a dome deal,10m medical tomorrow.He'll do nicely as a back up striker got 14 league goals for Newcastle last season,efficient business from the club.

Demba Ba had a similar record before signing. I would have rather we kept Ba, Remy is not much of an upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Massive meh to Remy if its true.

We Should be only to happy to pay the loan fee for Falco , were rolling in it this season , been an excellent window , we need to top strikers and one quality back up simple as that

Man City

Augero , Dezko , Joevtic

Chelsea

Costa , Drogba ????

Drogba could be a quality backup , Torres would not even land as a quality backup in my books ,

Im happy this has happened now , but not to happy about Remy , its Ba all over again

sources?

Sky Italia , you might need a translator

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/sillyseason/2014/08/29/han-ersatter-torres/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Demba Ba had a similar record before signing. I would have rather we kept Ba, Remy is not much of an upgrade.

took the words from my mouth ,

Ba did miss an absolute sitter in the dying minutes to put Arsenal out of the UCL which was very disappointing ,

totally missed his header :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Didn't he fail a medical at Liverpool?

8-10 wrote: »

I heard he failed one for Chelsea before also , anyway we will find out quickly enough if he really is crocked when he has his medical for Chelsea ( again ??? )

He seemed fine playing for QPR this season , hope we don't give that shower a penny about a minute before the window shuts so Arry can't be spending the few quid !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Remy is underrated by some imo. Didn't he fail his last medical though?

As a back up striker goes was there that much better out there for a reasonable price?

So we're not happy with Remy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

the telegraph are running with the remy story,as are the daily mail. Release fee of 8.5million pounds to a champions league club. Not sure how I feel about this. 14 goals is a good return but it does feel like a ba move

8-10 wrote: »

Whatever it was they would surely have to admit too; was reading he was held up a move to Marseille over a medical but the whole Liverpool deal falling through over same is weird he had medicals at QPR, Newcastle and the National side last year alone, how come only an issue at L'Pool?

• Advertisement

the telegraph are running with the remy story,as are the daily mail. Release fee of 8.5million pounds to a champions league club. Not sure how I feel about this. 14 goals is a good return but it does feel like a ba move

I see what ya did there :rolleyes:

Apparently Costa is fit to start tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Remy Goal Stats:-

Newcastle 14 goals in 24 games
    QPR 6 goals in 14 games
    Marseille 28 goals in 56 games
    Nice 26 goals in 64 games

74 goals in 158 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The Newcastle record is the only pertinent one as it's recent and the highest level of the four clubs.

It's a good record. He's a good player. As long as he's fit, its an excellent signing for only 8.5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wondering whether he failed that Liverpool medical because of his heart condition or was it from a previous injury? Be a shrewd signing as back up, very under rated player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I sincerely wish Fernando Torres all the best in his next two seasons at Milan. I hope he finds the success that so eluded him during his time at Chelsea. He is a decent guy and he deserves to find a bit of his former form. I hope that he does.

All the best Nando. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Good riddance Torres! Can't feel sorry for him when he was willing to sit there picking up a wage like that. He could of moved back to Spain and taken a pay cut. He was nothing but a burden and prevented us from signing a top striker while he was here!
    Anyway he's a thing of the past now.
    So any news on our new non dud striker, is he fit to play today!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Torres and Chelsea signed a contract. But, boy did Torres pump it for everything it was worth. Another cautionary tale for Chelsea. The club forewent a lot of opportunities for that money, and we lost out a lot domestically as a result.

Even if Torres was a mistake, and we haven't had a cohesive transfer policy from a playing perspective, we have also managed to trade well on players and this has put us in rude enough health for Jose's return. If Mou can engineer a couple of premierships on the trot, and possibly a UCL, all will be well that ends well, and hopefully the club can learn from the many post Jose the First mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭getuponthis

Apparently Costas fit, I'd rather we left him on the bench instead of risking him. He hasn't been fit enough to train all week so I don't think he should be playing. Can't rush throwing him on and causing a worse injury, similar to the end of his atletico season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

McDave wrote: »
    Torres and Chelsea signed a contract. But, boy did Torres pump it for everything it was worth. Another cautionary tale for Chelsea. The club forewent a lot of opportunities for that money, and we lost out a lot domestically as a result.

Even if Torres was a mistake, and we haven't had a cohesive transfer policy from a playing perspective, we have also managed to trade well on players and this has put us in rude enough health for Jose's return. If Mou can engineer a couple of premierships on the trot, and possibly a UCL, all will be well that ends well, and hopefully the club can learn from the many post Jose the First mistakes.
    it's the second contract that gets me as to why we pushed it

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Never thought I would see this happen... I'm so happy!!

BDBA6C92-B43F-474A-A5B2-C735149CB46A_zpscqwvewu6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Delighted Torres is gone , best bit of business this window. He was given way too much time as it was.

Drogs coming back must have been the final straw for Torres :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

So Remy fails a liverpool medicial and we're going take a punt on him?

Its a last minite deal it seems and pretty cheap but as a back up im not sure what to make of it.

Also good luck Nando.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Remy left out of QPR matchday squad!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

GavRedKing wrote: »

Its a last minite deal it seems and pretty cheap but as a back up im not sure what to make of it.

Also good luck Nando.

The media said he failed a medical at Liverpool. There was never any sort of confirmation from the club or player on it.

The only person who blabbed much about it at all was Redknapp, and that came across as being about as self serving as anything else that comes out of his mouth.

In fact the biggest rumour was that Remy's agent struck again. A quick google of his name (not to mention his associates) should give some idea as to his track record.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Also good luck Nando.

TBF Didn't Ba fail a few medicals but Chelsea signed him anyway and had no issues?

Remy is our player pretty much now I expect.
    Not the best option but for the price a good gamble. Quick, good shot on him and offers something different.
    Still feel we will be back for Destro next season when Drog retires (again)

AdamD wrote: »
    TBF Didn't Ba fail a few medicals but Chelsea signed him anyway and had no issues?

The rumour was it wasn't a medical, it was money that killed the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm happy, maybe the same level as Ba but different kind of player and one, I think, will suit Chelsea more than Ba did. Anyway he is definitely an upgrade on Torres.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

We need a 3rd cf. If remy is the only available and it costs similar money to Ba then im not pushed really. Any team news?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Looks like fabregas is going to play more advanced with Rambo coming in alongside Matic.

Might throw a cheeky few on him for a goal and an assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I much prefer Fab playing deep but I understand why Ramires might come in.

We need a 3rd cf. If remy is the only available and it costs similar money to Ba then im not pushed really. Any team news?

Samuel Eto'o is on the bench for Everton against former club Chelsea today as Romelu Lukaku starts in attack. Diego Costa, meanwhile, has been deemed fit enough to start for Chelsea.
    Everton XI: Howard, Baines, Distin, Jagielka, Coleman, Barry, McCarthy, McGeady, Naismith, Mirallas, Lukaku. Subs: Joel, Gibson, Besic, Osman, Stones, Alcaraz, Eto'o.
    Chelsea XI: Courtois, Azpilicueta, Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Willian, Hazard, Costa. Subs: Cech, Luis, Zouma, Drogba, Mikel, Schurrle, Salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,755 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

fluiching rameries!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Given city's slip up today 3 points are a must to put down an early statement of intent.

What's the bet that Lukaku will score , and Eto from the bench :pac:

Where is Oscar ? is he injured or dropped.

Costa again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

:eek:

• Advertisement

Unbelievable, wouldn't want to have been late to your seat there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement