Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

Couldn't watch the match today as I was working, but watched all nine goals on fotmob as they went in. MOTD is gonna make for some fantastic viewing later!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

tigger123 wrote: »
    Couldn't watch the match today as I was working, but watched all nine goals on fotmob as they went in. MOTD is gonna make for some fantastic viewing later!

Can you watch goals on fotmob?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Can you watch goals on fotmob?

Nope, sorry, watched the notifications roll in. Apparently Costa was acting the Bollox today? (according to Twitter)

tigger123 wrote: »
    Nope, sorry, watched the notifications roll in. Apparently Costa was acting the Bollox today? (according to Twitter)

Costa was getting riled up by Coleman which lead to his yellow card, then he seemed to congratulate him on his own goal which caused a little agro.
    As I said to a friend if I was watching an Ireland game Coleman's antics would be great but I couldn't help but feel smug about his own goal today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Arsenal fan here coming in peace have to say Costa looked awesome today a completely diffrent guy to the one I watched struggle for Spain in the World Cup , Ye're going to take a lot of stopping with him and fabregas playing together

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

Arsenal fan here coming in peace have to say Costa looked awesome today a completely diffrent guy to the one I watched struggle for Spain in the World Cup , Ye're going to take a lot of stopping with him and fabregas playing together

As long as Cesc doesn't get his 2nd half of the season slump he got every year at Barcelona!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cesc at Barca i wouldn't judge him too harshly he did have Xavi and Iniesta in front of him and played out of position on the wing mostly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

duploelabs wrote: »
    EHBCTE3h.jpg

I must buy this Jersey me thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Nice upgrade anyway for ye lads.

_77286412_bbc-km-fixture-11f82261-9990-4cc2-aa2e-5c2356d7ce2c.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Costa is a beast. Hopefully he can keep up his form and fighting spirit.

Howard made a good save from him in the 2nd half so he could easily have had a hat trick.

Having a cf that teams are actually afraid of is a huge plus too. Its only taken 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Welcome to Chelsea loc Remy. Van ginkel loaned to ac Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Welcome to Chelsea loc Remy. Van ginkel loaned to ac Milan

Was hoping MvG would stay damn, upside I suppose Petr going nowhere soon so two top flight keepers for the first half of the season at least

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Costa is a beast. Hopefully he can keep up his form and fighting spirit.

Howard made a good save from him in the 2nd half so he could easily have had a hat trick.

Having a cf that teams are actually afraid of is a huge plus too. Its only taken 2 years.

Having a CF teams are actually scared of will open a lot of room for Cesc, Haz, Oscar, Schurrle, Salah or Willian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

remy-signs.img.png

BwYJVK_CEAAve3F.jpg:large

Mixed feeling about Remy but if he scores goals ill be happy. A better 2nd cf than torres anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

And that's my interest in GAA over for the summer now. Full attention now on football.

6-3, eh? Quite... :D

Arsenal draw, great weekend for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

rob316 wrote: »
    Not at all everyone loves a villain. We had it at Liverpool with suarez it just riles up the opposition supporters something mad. Costa is a great player and a world class prick on the pitch. The game can be boring enough as it is in the age of choir boy professionals so a few characters is always good. One of the reasons I was glad we replaced suarez with mario.

I don't think he's done anything to justify that tag at all. Bit of verbals with Coleman is nothing. Not to say he isn't capable of much worse, just seems harsh at present.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »

Frighteningly good weekend. Usually when Chelsea's rivals drop points, advantage is never taken. But this weekend, it could not have gone better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Yes there really is no stopping us now, we have already arguably done enough better in the first three games that we now only need to do as well as last year for the remainder of the year to win the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Let's wait for Costa to do something as mad as Suarez before we judge, Loved what he did to Coleman, justified if you ask me he was dragging the shirt off him all day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭McDave

Looks like Remy closes transfer business for now. We've got a real Jose squad which should steamroller points until Christmas.

I'm curious as to what Jose might be keeping an eye on up to the next window. Will Cech get enough game time to keep him interested, or will Chelsea want to cash in before Bosman kicks in? Jose has also put pressure on Hazard to up his game. If he does, maybe he's a keeper. If not I don't think Jose will hesitate to cash in.

Add to that a couple of other squad players like Mikel, and maybe Ramires, plus other more recent signings which may not pass muster by Christmas, such as Salah, and we might find a further wave of transfers in January or next summer, to finance two or three top calibre acquisitions.

The future looks really good now that Jose is firmly in control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

What is your preferred position?

‘I’m a striker but the thing is I can adapt myself for any situation. I have played on the left and the right side in the past, so I know I can play anywhere in the attacking positions. It’s up to the manager where he decides to put me.’

This is Loic Remy,
    Obviously he was bought as a striker, but interesting to think that he could be more cover for Schurrle and the lads in time of injury etc.

I think of all the players at the club, Hazard is one to hold onto for sure (unless it's for silly money). He is a lad who has potential to become one of the greats. I'd keep him ahead of Oscar, Willian, Salah, etc. He's one of our best attacking midfielders/wingers.

I'd love to see the club shot of both Mikel and Ramires. They're liabilities more than anything else. You'd get maybe 15/20 million for the pair. Use that (plus shedding their wages) to bring in Khedira or someone similar. Now there is a midfield to behold: Matic, Fabregas and Khedira.

I think that José is definitely being given far and away more control than any other Chelsea manager previously and I think that he will bring this team to a level that it had never previously reached.

I had my doubts in the past; the selling of Juan Mata at the time had me throwing every toy I possessed out of the pram (well evidenced by some of my posts). But since then, The Special One has been proven so right. I just found it awful to sell a player who had been so instrumental in any success Chelsea had had in the previous two seasons. But TSO was proven so utterly right.

The future is very, very bright indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

BwX_6kICUAACa_-.jpg:large
    Awwwwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Would be great for him if he got game time there. Dyche is a good manager too.

The only thing that surprised me with costa yesterday was he kept his calm when Howard went out to square up with him.

Howard had 1 booking and was lucky not to be sent off after 10mins.

I cant see cech leaving anytime soon but itll be interesting to see if arsenal or city will bring in a cf the next few hours.

Howard should have seen red twice it was feeble from both ref and linesman.

Good to see Costa can hold it together though and still bring the worst out in the opposition, for all his trying to get Costa sent off who walked off the pitch the happier? Dont think it was Coleman :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement

As long as costa is winding people up and scoring goals ill be happy for the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Van Ginkel off to Milan for a year.

Wonder if that's the end of our activity.

Techless wrote: »
    Van Ginkel off to Milan for a year.

Wonder if that's the end of our activity.

Ya it balances the homegrown/foreigner rule so id say we're done for now.

Burnley looking to take Chalobah on loan.

I would love to know what is Feruz on

http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/9/1/6092469/islam-feruz-chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours

First a second division Russian club, cancel that then off to Crete instead? Logic anyone .... please....

Burnley looking to take Chalobah on loan.

Confirmed on season long loan.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/08/burnley-loan-for-chalobah.html

Our incoming is done. Now lets get the sh*te interational ball outta the way with no injuries and we'll be sorted.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Our incoming is done. Now lets get the sh*te interational ball outta the way with no injuries and we'll be sorted.

United signing some big names but I still think we have done the best business in the league this summer, went out and addressed our weakness from last season and also added arguably the worlds best goalie. Delighted with the squad now.

Fabregas tweeted that Saturday was the first game in 8 months that he played without any pain.

Despues de 8 meses de pubalgia, el sabado jugue mi primer partido sin dolor!! Gracias @ivanortega_ maquina!! A seguir!! #puedochutar #puedosprintar #puedogirar

After 8 months of groin injury , on Saturday I played my first game without pain !! Thanks ivanortega_ machine !! A follow !! #puedochutar #puedosprintar #puedogirar ������

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

United will still be lucky to make top 4 IMO. Don't look anything like a team yet and they haven't addressed the major weaknesses in the squad just papered over the cracks with a couple of star names. City will be the only real competition this year, although Liverpool will do better than people anticipate.

• Advertisement

Cesc has been brilliant for us it helps he has a cf worth his salt to provide coz if he was with us last year we'd be still screwed.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭chelseaaremagic

chaloboah going to burnley til jan according to bbc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

United signing some big names but I still think we have done the best business in the league this summer, went out and addressed our weakness from last season and also added arguably the worlds best goalie. Delighted with the squad now.

No issues with the best business in the league and assessment of the squad, Chelsea far beyond all other teams in the league right now....however there's no argument about the world's best goalie....he's in Munich ;)

I'm doing a Mrs. Doyle, Courtois is only the second best priest goalie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Sky sources , cech staying

Courtois stays weve the best gk in the league, cech stays also and weve the best set of gks in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

the smell of panic in the United thread is unreal. Falcao is going to be another Torres. and the bean-counters at Arsenal go mad and sign Wellbeck.

Manchester Utd need a defence and a midfield surely? What they are buying are high-tempo egos who wont be shy about pointing the finger at each other.

I cannot for the life of me see any of this ending well for United.

Thank you Jose for the most well-managed Window I have seen from Chelsea in ages.

can we have the league trophy now please?

Tigerbaby wrote: »

Thank you Jose for the most well-managed Window I have seen from Chelsea in ages.

can we have the league trophy now please?

The most well managed window from the premier league in ages!
    Also falcao has had that injury + spent the last two seasons in a weak league.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Tigerbaby

Kev

all we need now are for City to implode . The rest are performing hari-kiri

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

chaloboah going to burnley til jan according to bbc

Back to cover when mikel is at ACN.

• Advertisement

United buying Falcao is like giving someone who needs heart surgery a pair of fake tits. Looks good, but it's not exactly what was needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement