Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

nicking that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

duploelabs wrote: »
    nicking that

I have Patent Pending on it... you owe me €20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I'm not worried what the rest have done we've improved on every player that has left or has been sold with our incoming players.

And all the while we've not spent stupid money, it makes a change for Chelsea and I love it.

Plus we're top of the league, happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Tigerbaby wrote: »
    Kev

all we need now are for City to implode . The rest are performing hari-kiri

City haven't strengthened as well as we have. Fabergas will be key I think, if he can keep his form for the season.

3 games 5 assists makes it looks like he never was away.

Given that Wenger apparently passed him up, we might have got very lucky on that over sight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Blackman has joined Boro on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

Wait now a minute, I'm confused!

I thought Chelsea were the team along with City who buy trophies, that's not Utd's style....

And yet here we are:)

Killinator wrote: »
    Wait now a minute, I'm confused!

I thought Chelsea were the team along with City who buy trophies, that's not Utd's style....

And yet here we are:)

And they will also give Moyes as long as it takes to build a legacy in the utd way!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Killinator

kev1.3s wrote: »
    And they will also give Moyes as long as it takes to build a legacy in the utd way!

Aye, doing things the right* way:)

*copyright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

:confused: Gav, why hasn't announced Pogba yet? :confused:

• Advertisement

:confused: Gav, why hasn't announced Pogba yet? :confused:

January :pac: when Mikel goes to the ACN, we have to give Pogba a chance to get in ahead of the might Mikel. :cool:

Pogba-schmogba who needs him when we have cesc.

1409514840229_wps_66_Chelsea_s_Diego_Costa_R_r.jpg

I love this :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Rumour is Falcao has failed his medical

Rumour is Falcao has failed his medical

Be weird if he did, although I can see why a team wouldnt want to spunk that money if his knee is dodgy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Howard....acting the big lad :pac:

BwUvGRMIcAAj01O.jpg

Ya our window has gone excellent.

We've lost nobdy that hasnt been replaced and we've a creative deep lying player in Cesc and the one of the best CFs going, throw in the Europes best young GK an excellent LB a promising CB and a capable player in Remy, we've done very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

10410301_700845366666750_5969387333200078372_n.jpg?oh=7b55412a0c47e77d7259f09aae9c248a&oe=5480635D&__gda__=1416324832_8c90e3c3d07b6b50816aa3053f37ccb2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Duck Soup wrote: »
    10410301_700845366666750_5969387333200078372_n.jpg?oh=7b55412a0c47e77d7259f09aae9c248a&oe=5480635D&__gda__=1416324832_8c90e3c3d07b6b50816aa3053f37ccb2

legend , up for the fight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Daily fail on how we are the loan kings

When Nathaniel Chalobah completed his four-month move to Burnley on Monday, it took the number of Chelsea players on loan at different clubs around the world to 22, the equivalent of two teams.

Still they had not finished. Ulises Davila was later loaned to Tenerife in Spain’s second tier, Islam Feruz negotiated another to OFI Crete in Greece, Matej Delac went to French team Arles-Avignon and Jamal Blackman headed to Middlesbrough
    Of the others, several were recruited as teenagers for seven-figure fees and are now generating profits for the club from substantial loan fees, which all helps balance the books in the money-sensitive era of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play.

Chelsea always argue that player development is the driving force behind the loan policy — and it is true that Jose Mourinho has little faith in the current reserve and Under 21 environment to produce and improve players fit for the top end of the Barclays Premier League — but there is financial appeal, too.

It has been a strong year for the number crunchers at Stamford Bridge with profits banked on Juan Mata, David Luiz, Romelu Lukaku and Kevin de Bruyne, which have funded Mourinho’s rebuilding programme.
    Waiting in the wings: Christian Atsu has had to move to Everton for a chance
    Exactly how good the policy is for the well-being of the young players in question — or those from the club’s academy who find their paths blocked by teenage signings — is another matter but they are not breaking any rules, and Chelsea’s long-term aim is to reduce their overall squad of players.

Today, with the market closed, they are the most extreme example but Manchester City are also in double figures for players out on loan.

For those who failed to find a move on Monday night, the Football League’s ‘emergency’ loan window will be open for business next week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2740276/Chelsea-cash-100m-cast-offs-number-loanees-playing-away-Stamford-Bridge-reaches-26.html#ixzz3C98xuLEC
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These kids are getting some of the best possible football schooling money can buy for free! Some of them would fail to make the grade without academy's like chelsea and therefore deny them any chance of a career in football.

When guys like de bruyne and lukaku provide excellent profit from bit*hy spells at the club, it works.

Especially Lukaku who has nothing short of pants against Chelsea on Saturday proving that playing for Chelsea and expecting to do well every week is different to doing it for Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Any kid who gets a place in any academy worth it's salt should go on and make a career in soccer. Some will have a lot of ability (Haz for example) some much less but makes up for that deficiency with sheer hard work (for me Kevin Keegan was the personification of this got to the very top with much less natural talent than others but worked his socks off to get there). So this is not exploitation nor nothing near it it is a wonderful grounding for young lads to achieve their goal if they want it enough. The club can provide the facilities but the young lad has to have the ethic to play for the biggest clubs in the world. I have said it many times there are really no more than 6 teams that could win the CL this season that is about 138 players playing at the very highest level on any given season.

Is that any different than any other profession of course not it just gets a lot more column inches than CEO's, CFO's whatever of multinationals but just below the very top levels there is still a very decent living to earn.

Anyhows decent article on the three goals conceded on Saturday below.

http://www.talkchelsea.net/_/articles/analyzing-the-3-goals-conceded-at-goodison-r591

We're one of only 2 teams with a 100% record this year and our next game is against the other, Swansea at the Bridge.

Win that and we're laughing and at least 2 points clear at the top of the table.

Let the good times roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

GavRedKing wrote: »
    We're one of only 2 teams with a 100% record this year and our next game is against the other, Swansea at the Bridge.

Win that and we're laughing and at least 2 points clear at the top of the table.

Let the good times roll.

In fairness to Swansea, they have played very easy games this season so far... ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Howard....acting the big lad :pac:

Honestly can understand Howard losing his cool - Costa was a grade-a windup merchant on Saturday and clearly rattled Coleman before the goal. Don't have a problem with it (it's certainly effective and Coleman does a fair bit himself) but many a player would start sticking up for his teammate there.

geeky wrote: »
    Honestly can understand Howard losing his cool - Costa was a grade-a windup merchant on Saturday and clearly rattled Coleman before the goal. Don't have a problem with it (it's certainly effective and Coleman does a fair bit himself) but many a player would start sticking up for his teammate there.

It was the other way round before the goal, they were doing all they could to wind up Costa, I've no problem with that but Costa did nothing wrong after imo.

DazMarz wrote: »
    In fairness to Swansea, they have played very easy games this season so far... ;):D

Bit like Man Utd so....wait :pac:
    geeky wrote: »

Costa was getting niggled at by Coleman right before his card, Coleman was elbowing him in the back out of sight of the officials, I've no issue with Coleman doing it, as long as he can take it back and he didnt get flustered after Hazards og, it was Howard who over reacted and he was lucky to be on the pitch at that stage.
    Johner wrote: »
    It was the other way round before the goal, they were doing all they could to wind up Costa, I've no problem with that but Costa did nothing wrong after imo.

Costa will get that treatment every week he doesnt shy away from it which is what you want, he'll be suspended this year, thats a certainty but as long as he scores goals and isnt acting the proper maggot I'll love him for scoring goals.

Seen a few of my FB friends lamenting Costa as a di*khead after the Everton game and that Coleman incident but it was only a slight justification that Costa was going to hopefully be a machine for us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

In the year we won the league Drogba had 15 yellow cards. I think Costa will be on course to match that. He's definitely going to be targeted by players, fans and officials. No harm though, I'm pretty sure it fuels him.

Lukker- wrote: »
    In the year we won the league Drogba had 15 yellow cards. I think Costa will be on course to match that. He's definitely going to be targeted by players, fans and officials. No harm though, I'm pretty sure it fuels him.

I jut love that nothing seems to get to him, he'll stand toe to toe with any opponent in the league.

Also his 2 yellows were soft as f*k.

the one at Burnely was a joke and a clear penalty and Coleman wrestled him to ground as much as Costa was holding but I'll get over it if he scores 20+ goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

The fact that Howard was on the pitch was a joke by the time Costa had a word with Coleman was pathetic really but thems the breaks I guess. It is really daft that yellow cards cannot be rescinded when they are clearly wrong (such as Costa at Burnley) but hopefully when he gets a ban it will coincide with a cup match.

Also love how he stands up to anything such as JT at the CL semi at the Bridge last season, great statement of intent from Costa and the entire AM team was that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I don't think he will get more than 11 yellows this season. In his 66 league games for Atletico over the last 2 seasons he picked up a total of 18 yellows and no reds. I was surprised!
    Mourinho, like Simeone, will demand discipline form him. Costa has the cop on to heed the advice. Unlike the fella over at Liverpool.
    However, there will be skin and hair flying along the way. Every game he plays is a must watch. I'd say he is a royal pain in the arse :pac:

Dave has just signed a new 5 year deal

Ya i cant imagine hes fun to mark. Hes always in the move and a wind up merchant do any fb or cb will have their hands full with him. Hes not quick but hes no slouch either and hes a pretty good finisher to booth and his link up and hold up is alot better than torres or etoo from last season too.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Dave has just signed a new 5 year deal

Highly deserved. Has the potential to be a club legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Chelsea under Jose have kept 88 clean sheets in 161 games.

Pretty impressive.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,751 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,487 ✭✭✭ronjo

Hey guys, Arsenal fan in peace.

Its pretty well documented that we are short in numbers at the back but I was reading on the Arsenal thread that Chelsea have only 6 first team defenders also. Is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

ronjo wrote: »
    Hey guys, Arsenal fan in peace.

Its pretty well documented that we are short in numbers at the back but I was reading on the Arsenal thread that Chelsea have only 6 first team defenders also. Is this true?

No. Chelsea have 8 defenders in their first team squad.

Weve got

Ivan, azp

Cahill, jt, zouma, christensen

Luis, ake

Thats what i can count. Although only zouma and luis are making the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Weve got

Ivan, azp

Cahill, jt, zouma, christensen

Luis, ake

Thats what i can count. Although only zouma and luis are making the bench.

Your Christensen and Ake would be our Hayden & Bellerin.

greendom wrote: »
    Your Christensen and Ake would be our Hayden & Bellerin.

Christensen and ake have both played at higher international levels and id be comfortable with ake playing more so than christensen but both have been involved in pre season and both will feature this year.

Not sure if the arsenal lads are with the 1st team but if they sre they count as 1 st team defenders and are rated enough at a young age to be trusted so i wouldnt worry about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Christensen and ake have both played at higher international levels and id be comfortable with ake playing more so than christensen but both have been involved in pre season and both will feature this year.

Not sure if the arsenal lads are with the 1st team but if they sre they count as 1 st team defenders and are rated enough at a young age to be trusted so i wouldnt worry about them.

Bellerin played in pre-season and looked very good, although until you see them in a competitive environment, it's hard to know. (apparently, he's the quickest ever Arsenal player)

I'd be nervous seeing Hayden in the first team tbh.

And as Raf mentioned in the Arsenal thread, you do have more flexibility along your back line.

I'd have no problem with Ake starting for us. Christensen has been hyped hugely but I'd be a little more worried if he had to play, think he's a bit overrated at this stage.

Johner wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with Ake starting for us. Christensen has been hyped hugely but I'd be a little more worried if he had to play, think he's a bit overrated at this stage.

Well zouma is not much older than Christensen and hes probably our 4th choice cb behind Ivan. If cahill/jt gets injured we'll shuffle Ivan to cb, azp to rb and luis to lb.

So as greendom mentions weve got decent flexibility if we wish to use it.

I think ake is ready to make the step up, any time I've seen him play he's confident and composed. Tbh I've not seen much of Christiansen or Zuma.

From reddit
    Did anyone notice costa scored exactly 36 seconds from the start and exactly 36 seconds from the end at 0:36 and 89:24 and the number of goals he scored last season was 36 and the score of the evertong game was 3 : 6.

Costa Illuminati confirmed.

Fantastic piece about the demise of Nando from we ain't....
    http://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2014/9/3/6096975/the-fernando-torres-odyssey-feature

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement