Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ha happens all the time but its seldom that all the players on the page are gone ha

Courtois is expected to sign a triple your money, 5yr extension for us. Being reported online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Courtois is expected to sign a triple your money, 5yr extension for us. Being reported online.

was at electric picnic at the weekend so only caught up with the game on monday , the save he pushed onto the post was unbelievable , so good it was missed by the bbc on match of the day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

peteeeed wrote: »
    was at electric picnic at the weekend so only caught up with the game on monday , the save he pushed onto the post was unbelievable , so good it was missed by the bbc on match of the day

In fairness, it could have been avoided by him. Great save none the less

Ya the save was brilliant but his distribution all afternoon was suspect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

'I had a very good relationship with Jose. When I was signed by Milan he wished me all the best,' Torres told The Evening Standard.
    'He spoke about the passion that the city of Milan has for football and that I would settle in well. I learnt a lot from him as a coach. I wish him all the best, as he has done with me.
    'Perhaps in the future our paths will meet again. I don't need to say anything else. We have to always act and play as professionals.'

Good on ya Torres.

2 year loan means we'll need another cf next year unless we bring back Bamford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Oh for the living fúck... I have that sodding calender!!! T'was bad enough with Mata in it somewhere... I think I'll gloss over November...

Also, yes... Chelsea will need another striker for next season. Costa, Remy and... I'd give Bamford a chance as the #3. Seriously. If the lad has a good season this year, give him a shot as #3 and see how he does in say League Cup and coming off the bench and stuff.

Hope Drogba stays at the club when he retires as a coach or something. He'd be a huge influence to have.

• Advertisement

DazMarz wrote: »
    Oh for the living fúck... I have that sodding calender!!! T'was bad enough with Mata in it somewhere... I think I'll gloss over November...

Also, yes... Chelsea will need another striker for next season. Costa, Remy and... I'd give Bamford a chance as the #3. Seriously. If the lad has a good season this year, give him a shot as #3 and see how he does in say League Cup and coming off the bench and stuff.

Hope Drogba stays at the club when he retires as a coach or something. He'd be a huge influence to have.

Cavani it is so :D

Cavani it is so :D

Overpriced, overpaid tart. :D

Costa, Remy and Bamford is a nice line up to have for next season.

Given our recent spendings, we'd probably have to sell oscar/hazard to get a big name cf anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I love bamford too, and he is so so gay :p where is he playing this year? I need to add them to my forza app

M'boro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Jose will probably use Schurrle as the 3rd striker. He used him a few times up top last year, didn't he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

V9 wrote: »
    Jose will probably use Schurrle as the 3rd striker. He used him a few times up top last year, didn't he?

It looked like he plans to turn him into a CF and he played him there a couple of times, but he was awful both times. He can't play with his back to goal, he's much more effective coming in from the wing, he see's the play much better. Don't think he's a viable option myself.

He was very effective against Fulham when he was given a free role to move along the line, the 2nd half hat trick masked an awful performance.

I reckon with Cesc, if Schurrle made moves between the FB,s and CB's he'd get goals as a make shift CF with Cescs passing ability

I don't think we should sell Oscar yet. Sell Hazard??? You're having a laugh!!! Not a chance, unless it's for like £70,000,000 or something. Otherwise, hands orf!!!

I'd get shot of Mikel before anyone, possibly as well as Ramires. Drogba's wages will (presumably) be off the table come next season (as I presume he'll retire) but I'm not sure how much they are (can't imagine they'd be huge, though). Salah could also be moved on, as he hasn't impressed much at all and that would free up some wages and stuff. Ditto Moses.

I'd have kept Van Ginkel, as I think he'd have been good cover for Mikel when he goes to the ACN. But that's neither here nor there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

DazMarz wrote: »
    I don't think we should sell Oscar yet. Sell Hazard??? You're having a laugh!!! Not a chance, unless it's for like £70,000,000 or something. Otherwise, hands orf!!!

I'd get shot of Mikel before anyone, possibly as well as Ramires. Drogba's wages will (presumably) be off the table come next season (as I presume he'll retire) but I'm not sure how much they are (can't imagine they'd be huge, though). Salah could also be moved on, as he hasn't impressed much at all and that would free up some wages and stuff. Ditto Moses.

I'd have kept Van Ginkel, as I think he'd have been good cover for Mikel when he goes to the ACN. But that's neither here nor there now.

Mikel isn't an exciting player by any stretch but he's an ideal player to bring on when you want to close a game out. For that reason I'd keep him if he's happy to stay in his current capacity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Mikel isn't an exciting player by any stretch but he's an ideal player to bring on when you want to close a game out. For that reason I'd keep him if he's happy to stay in his current capacity.

He deserves to stay after his back heel assist to Costa against Everton. :pac: Had to check twice to make sure it was him.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    He deserves to stay after his back heel assist to Costa against Everton. :pac: Had to check twice to make sure it was him.

I thought it was drogba 1st :o

I thought it was drogba 1st :o

Same! It was some burst of pace in fairness :p

Which is why I was surprised it was a 36 year old Drogba :pac:

Although I was more surprised to see it was Mikel ha.

So number 9 is free, does Pogba fancy it? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

That backheel was the best thing I've seen Mikel do in ages. It was quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Azpilicueta, Fabregas and Costa start for Spain. No injuries please!

duploelabs wrote: »

Great to see. Baker is a great prospect.

duploelabs wrote: »

I have high hopes for this fella

Proper goalscoring midfielder, he's a huge talent.

• Advertisement

I have high hopes for this fella

Ya between himself, Christensen, zouma, and ake our youngsters are doing pretty well.

Ya between himself, Christensen, zouma, and ake our youngsters are doing pretty well.

Boga too

Boga too

Fine player. Youngest of all of them too.

Remy scores! Lovely finish.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Our lads have all done well but that was some smack from Remy!

Fabregas and Costa went off after 65 minutes. Injury free.

Ya just seen a vine of it, good finish,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Thats a very specific search criteria Phoenix mate :pac:

• Advertisement

Bwt2ncjCEAEmLJs.jpg

Big win for Chelsea ladies 3-2 over arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

remy's goal against spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

remy's goal against spain

Remy completed befuddled Azpilicueta there

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Remy completed befuddled Azpilicueta there

the movement was great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Reading a Q&A with Bee's owner Matt Benham (yes they are my second team) interesting to read what he has to say about the Chelsea academy. Not quite what you read in the Daily Fail or from opposing fans in general.

http://beesotted.co.uk/?p=12965

On other teams’ set ups he admires
    I admire Chelsea’s academy a lot. It’s by far the best in England. I love their philosophy. The FA could learn a great deal from them
    They have a lot of humility – which isn’t a word that usually springs to mind when people think of Chelsea. They are constantly looking to improve in every way they can, rather than saying “We are the best” which is very common in football, especially English football. They take a lot of care on the development of the players as people and not just footballers eg. more focus on education than most
    I like Dortmund a lot
    I like Roger Schmidt at Leverkusen

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Very interesting analysis on the state of MUFC when compared to Chelsea and City structures from Miguel Delaney here: http://bit.ly/MUFCspending

Very interesting analysis on the state of MUFC when compared to Chelsea and City structures from Miguel Delaney here: http://bit.ly/MUFCspending

United should just make Jorge Mendes their new DoF.

Leave Woodward in charge of making deals for United brand toilet seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

Any news on the costa injury?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement