Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Any news on the costa injury?

Is Spain's next match a friendly? If so I doubt the injury is "serious"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Dunno how'd we fit him in with Pogba as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Reading a Q&A with Bee's owner Matt Benham (yes they are my second team) interesting to read what he has to say about the Chelsea academy. Not quite what you read in the Daily Fail or from opposing fans in general.

Sound for that and I'm prob one of the few who doesn't find that surprising (they're my second team too :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

duploelabs wrote: »
    Is Spain's next match a friendly? If so I doubt the injury is "serious"

No, next match is a qualifier with Macedonia. I think this hamstring hasn't got a chance to heal properly since the end of last season and sooner or later we've got to expect a lengthily lay off to get it fully up to speed.

jesus I hate this international break

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

So PSG all but get away with it again no shock there no doubt they will drive a coach and four through FFP as well now you can abuse the disabled and get away with it

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/09/uefa-appeal-ruling-on-discrimination-towards-disabled-chelsea-fa.html?

Must be great to have powerful friends

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Crucial we beat Swansea next weekend as we have City away the following Sunday.. Would be really nice to go into that game with a 3 point lead over City and knowing that even if we lose we are still not going to fall behind them (on points anyway).

Crucial next 4 games in the league really to take us up to the next international break.

Swansea (H)
    City (A)
    Villa (H)
    Arsenal (H)

Id probably take 8 points if I was offered it now but anything above that would be fantastic. We have Schalke in the week before the City game and Lisbon in the week before the Arsenal game.

It's absolutely imperitave that costa is fit for both the arsenal and city games so I think remy should be given his debut against Swansea. Given our strenght in other areas of the pitch I'd say we should win it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

It's absolutely imperitave that costa is fit for both the arsenal and city games so I think remy should be given his debut against Swansea. Given our strenght in other areas of the pitch I'd say we should win it anyway.

We have Swansea and Schalke in the 7 days before the City game... Id definitely be in favour of resting Costa in one of those anyway.. if not both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

No, next match is a qualifier with Macedonia. I think this hamstring hasn't got a chance to heal properly since the end of last season and sooner or later we've got to expect a lengthily lay off to get it fully up to speed.

Two United fans took great pleasure in telling me that Costa is "out injured with a hamstring!"
    I genuinely didn't hear or know about it until this afternoon.
    Agreed with above however. There is going to be a spell that we have to take it on the chin and let him recover fully.

If you keep pushing him with an prolonged injury, it will do terrible damage in the long run and effectively end his career if its not managed correctly. Now, I'm not saying that it's going to happen a prolific player like him, in a club like Chelsea with all the medical advice and teams of doctors that are advising and working for the club. But what I am saying is we better leave him recover fully, let him get fit and score us some more fcuking goals!!:)
    He's the real deal and a perfect fit for us. I hope to god he doesn't lead an injury prone career with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Id probably take 8 points if I was offered it now but anything above that would be fantastic. We have Schalke in the week before the City game and Lisbon in the week before the Arsenal game.

Bolton too after City/before Villa can use more of the depth within the squad in the cup games Ake,Beeney,Boga,Christensen,Zouma & Baker are all included in CL squad too.

I'm not too bothered if Costa aint fit for the arsenal game as there always is.....DROGBA

I'm not too bothered if Costa aint fit for the arsenal game as there always is.....DROGBA

Was always drogba! We really need costa for the big games like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Or REMY :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cant wait for the Swansea game.

Wonder will we see Remy feature.

Ugh, this weekend can't come soon enough, those few games at the beginning were just ball tickling

Ugh, this weekend can't come soon enough, those few games at the beginning were just ball tickling

Ifwe win we'll go into the next match at least 2 points clear of 2nd so its a big game already.

If theres any doubts about Costa I'd not risk him and play Remy or Drogba through the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

As I suspected (not really) all along, poor old King Kerry Dixon is NOT a drug dealer. The woman he was with, accepted the cocaine was hers. She definitely didn't take the fall for him, definitely not.

• Advertisement

Great business model :pac:

BxGW2VEIcAAkPvI.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Great business model :pac:

BxGW2VEIcAAkPvI.jpg:large

Love this, I was trying to explain the principal to someone the other day, it's basically farming the young talent, it's a great idea imo

Young guys are getting good experience and we're getting a fee, win - win.

So apparently we're interested in Jack Grealish at Villa.

I cant see anything happening there at all.

That article is inaccurate, our youth system costs are exempt from FFP so if we make any money from the system at all it's profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Our new sponsor could be greek airlines for a poor 18m a year (utd get 50m)

• Advertisement

Our new sponsor could be greek airlines for a poor 18m a year (utd get 50m)

The Samsung deal is up at the end of the year.

I'd love to keep them on board I think as sponsorship hgoes, the samsung on the jersey looks decent, certainly better than some of the others out there.

As a brand we dont have the pull that Utd do so they'll command more money from sponsorships but I hope we can get a better deal than 18m a year from a new main sponsor.

Was playing the demo of fifa 15 , costa clatters into kompany , kompany gets up and costa squares up and pushes him and gets a yellow card. Very realistic

Takes a brave man to square up to big Vin. :pac:

Looking forward to seeing what Costa doesin those games where hes not in the game, hopefully he keeps the back line busy at the very least.

Takes a brave man to square up to big Vin. :pac:

Looking forward to seeing what Costa doesin those games where hes not in the game, hopefully he keeps the back line busy at the very least.

Some interesting player ratings courtois 84 , cech 85 . Matic 81, ramieres 81 , fabregas 86. Aspi 79 , luis 81

• Advertisement

peteeeed wrote: »
    Some interesting player ratings courtois 84 , cech 85 . Matic 81, ramieres 81 , fabregas 86. Aspi 79 , luis 81

Are those correct ya?

I'd have thought Courtois would pip Cech this year by a point.

Matic is probably robbed of 2/3 points and Ramires isnt an 81, I'd say 78/79.

Azp is getting killed, hes an 80+ player all day IMO.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Meh, those ratings are all over the place across the board. My first XI in Fifa has never looked anything like it would IRL.

FIFA14 was the first one I've bought since '99 as I wanted a game to play with the buddies for the PS4.

I'll probably not get the game this year, apart from a few updates you know exactly what you're getting.

Saturday cant come fast enough. :mad: :pac:

Anyway, picking the team

Courtois
    Ivan--Cahill--JT--Azp
    ----Cesc---Matic----
    Willian--Oscar--Hazard
    Costa

If Costa is out, Remy to slot in

Are those correct ya?

I'd have thought Courtois would pip Cech this year by a point.

Matic is probably robbed of 2/3 points and Ramires isnt an 81, I'd say 78/79.

Azp is getting killed, hes an 80+ player all day IMO.

Well it was the demo, hopefully they will change them for the full version and get REMY in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Arsenal and City kicking off early, be nice if they drew, give us a great chance to stretch our lead at the top of the table.

If Arsenal win they're 1 pt us.
    City win they go joint top theyed have to win by a bucket load to go top.

Utd should win and finally give LVG a win and I'd expect Liverpool to beat Villa at home too.

Although would could be excellent is if City lose this weekend and we win, we'll be 6 pts clear of them who we play next.

Imagine opening up a 9pt lead over probably your biggest rivals this early?

All guess work, of course but it would exceptional.

I wouldn't worry too much about Arsenal for me their side is too unbalanced I don't see them in the mix at the end of the season (they will get top 4 easy enough though) so an Arsenal win would be good I think (can't see it though).

I really expect LVG gets his first win QPR are not a PL side by any stretch. Liverpool should really win but Villa could be dogged maybe another 0-0 for Villa here.

None of that matters of course the only important thing is we give Swansea a bad day out in London.

And setanta are showing the big match at 3 on Saturday ....... Southampton v Newcastle

I wouldn't worry too much about Arsenal for me their side is too unbalanced I don't see them in the mix at the end of the season (they will get top 4 easy enough though) so an Arsenal win would be good I think (can't see it though).

I really expect LVG gets his first win QPR are not a PL side by any stretch. Liverpool should really win but Villa could be dogged maybe another 0-0 for Villa here.

None of that matters of course the only important thing is we give Swansea a bad day out in London.

I think Welbeck has closed the gap anyway, going with Sanogo as your main CF until Giroud was back would have crippled them. Yes Sanchez and Walcott could do a job but as a CF Welbeck will be a decent option.

Which is why I'm surprised Utd sold a direct rival for a top 4 position a CF that has allowed them to strengthen their team and allow him go for a pretty small price, especially if Arsenal finished 4th and Utd 5th by the odd point or two.

I really hope we batter QPR home and away, I despise 'Arry and the team is pretty poor, hope those words dont come back to haunt me.
    And setanta are showing the big match at 3 on Saturday ....... Southampton v Newcastle

:pac:

I heard if you go down to a stream on a Saturday its good for ya. :D

• Advertisement

Some crazy stories coming out about Oscar's involvement in Maicon getting kicked out of the brazilian squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Some crazy stories coming out about Oscar's involvement in Maicon getting kicked out of the brazilian squad

This the story ? Can't say I believe it tbh

http://benchwarming.com/the-ridiculous-story-that-got-maicon-booted-from-brazils-squad-forever/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Been confirmed as a spoof by Brazilian website Ole, which is a joke site.Although Maicon had been dropped for disciplinary reasons. Oscar is an angel.

I think Welbeck has closed the gap anyway, going with Sanogo as your main CF until Giroud was back would have crippled them. Yes Sanchez and Walcott could do a job but as a CF Welbeck will be a decent option.

Which is why I'm surprised Utd sold a direct rival for a top 4 position a CF that has allowed them to strengthen their team and allow him go for a pretty small price, especially if Arsenal finished 4th and Utd 5th by the odd point or two.

I really hope we batter QPR home and away, I despise 'Arry and the team is pretty poor, hope those words dont come back to haunt me.

:pac:

I heard if you go down to a stream on a Saturday its good for ya. :D

Welbeck did close the gap a little but not much, he would not get into our side and would certainly be behind Costa and Remy. Might get a game ahead of the Drog I guess. Did Man United make a mistake I don't think so he is overrated for me in the same boat as us selling them Mata. Arsenal have some wonderful players I just don't think they have a balanced team.

Anyhow's the season starts for real this week and some decent matches after the snooze feast that is international week.

Oh I'd have rathered Remy for half the price alright but I think Utd missed a trick by selling him to a rival for the top 4.

If Arsenal get 4th and Utd are only a point or two behind come the end of the May and Welbeck has scored match winning goals it'll have back fired on Utd.

Spurs were meant to have been in for him, IMO, Utd will finish above Spurs and will push for a top 4 finish so they were better off, IMO, selling Welbeck to Spurs than Arsenal who are a title contender and by extension a team who should finish top 4.

Time will tell I suppose.

Oh and hurry to f**k on Saturday, need some match action. :pac:

Brilliant :pac:

Will never happen, not in a million years, not now, not in the summer, not ever.

I thougt Jose and Ronnie werent exactly on the best terms so I think the article is nothing but click bait for both papers if I'm honest.

I'd never turn down Ronaldo but that story makes little to no sense.

Brilliant :pac:

Will never happen, not in a million years, not now, not in the summer, not ever.

I thougt Jose and Ronnie werent exactly on the best terms so I think the article is nothing but click bait for both papers if I'm honest.

I'd never turn down Ronaldo but that story makes little to no sense.

in january too never mind next suumer , cup tied . the story from start to finish is rubbish

in january too never mind next suumer , cup tied . the story from start to finish is rubbish

Ya, thats the point.

Its really, really pointless and anyone that evens considers it anyway truthful is a bit special.

Anyway, 60million for Ronaldo?

I'd rather spend it elsewhere, Ronnie is 30 in February so if I was being critical that would put me off, thats if there was anything in it at all.

• Advertisement

I can never see Ronaldo playing for us but it could be very attractive to the club not really from a footballing view but very much from a marketing view. It could easily be argued that such a signing would significantly improve our profile across the world and see a huge return on merchandising, Chelsea TV subscriptions and website hits.

So I think it would make sense (the same argument of course applies to Man United / City, PSG, Munich whoever could afford him) but it ain't gonna happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement