Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

The only place he'll end up in about 4/5 years time is Utd for a swan song or America, cant see him leaving the worlds biggest club for anyone in a transfer, even Utd who arent exactly on par with Real but thats the point, nobody is.

Even if Ronaldo "loves" Utd, it wont happen for another few years at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Madrid would need to replace him with as big a name so unless they get Messi there simply is not one at the moment. I dont think there are too many mugs in the Madrid marketing department neither.

Madrid would need to replace him with as big a name so unless they get Messi there simply is not one at the moment. I dont think there are too many mugs in the Madrid marketing department neither.

Hazard :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

costa watch? any update

peteeeed wrote: »
    costa watch? any update

Not until Joses press conference tomorrow I'd say.

I've taken him out of my FF team just incase as I dont think he'll play.

If theres any doubt about him I'd drop him and keep him for the City game, especially if its only a slight issue.

Courtois
    Ivan Cahill JT Azp
    Matic Mikel
    Schurrle Cesc Hazard
    Remy

Plenty to get the job done, I've dropped the Brazilians as they played 2 games in the last week and had plenty of travelling.

Above team can easily be jigged to drop Mikel for Ramires and Schurrle for Willian.

• Advertisement

Costa and Cesc up for player of the month.

Jose for manager of the month.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2751780/Chelsea-new-boys-Diego-Costa-Cesc-Fabregas-nominated-August-s-Premier-League-Player-Month.html

As Jose said, Costa probably wont win it for his 2 yellows but he fully deserves it.

Candidates are

Costa, Cesc, Sigurdsson, Dyer, Weimann.

Managers

Jose, Monk, Lambert.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I'd imagine it will be Sigurdsson and Monk, tbh.

I saw the Ronaldo story earlier in my google creepy cards thing. Just dismissed it instantly. We may have set aside £60m but it's only going one place: http://bit.ly/1uoqw5E

I'd imagine it will be Sigurdsson and Monk, tbh.

I saw the Ronaldo story earlier in my google creepy cards thing. Just dismissed it instantly. We may have set aside £60m but it's only going one place: http://bit.ly/1uoqw5E

I'd like to se it go there, Jose will have a banger again as Hazard deserved at at times last year and got sweet FA.

The last Chelsea player to win it, Juan Mata back in October 2012, when he was blue and used to be good, hes also the last Spanish player to win it.

Last Chelsea player before Mata to win it, Luiz in March 2011 :eek:

Just checked, Jose only won it 3 times. :eek:

3 f**king times :pac:

Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »

wonderful news THIBAUT THIBAUT THIBAUT THIBAUT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's great news, we can drop him for Cech now ;)

kev1.3s wrote: »
    That's great news, we can drop him for Cech now ;)

Happy days. Cech to start against Swansea now for the clean sheet record. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Great news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Loan him back to Atletico!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

How many clean sheets is Petr away from the record?

Lukker- wrote: »
    How many clean sheets is Petr away from the record?

9 to tie
    10 to be outright leader

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Gotta give Petr a chance to break it he is the best ever PL goalkeeper he deserves the record.

Stats prove it although some people will tell ya Schemichel....mainly because he was the only standout keeper in the league at the time.

Just on Courtois
    "My future was already sorted but it's nice to know I'm going to be here for another five years and now I can just concentrate on playing games

He must have been reassured very early by Jose and the club that he'd be the long term number 1.

Now, all Petr has to do is keep 10 clean sheets in the next 2 years and the record is his.....or let Courtois have a crack off it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

I'm over in London for the weekend and have made a last minute decision to go to the Swansea game with a friend (first time going to SB since we beat United 2-1 in 2008).

Does anyone know if I'd be safe getting a ticket on the day (tout or otherwise)? Or is there a good website for it? I've found one called Tickebis but they're charging tout prices without the guarantee of getting the tickets in time.

I know Chelsea have their own exchange, but you have to be a cfc member to even look to see if tickets are available. Huge request - if someone is a member could you check to see if there are any on the site?

Either way, I'll be at SB on Saturday, can't wait to see our new attacking juggernaut team in the flesh!

PeterTwo wrote: »
    I'm over in London for the weekend and have made a last minute decision to go to the Swansea game with a friend (first time going to SB since we beat United 2-1 in 2008).

Does anyone know if I'd be safe getting a ticket on the day (tout or otherwise)? Or is there a good website for it? I've found one called Tickebis but they're charging tout prices without the guarantee of getting the tickets in time.

I know Chelsea have their own exchange, but you have to be a cfc member to even look to see if tickets are available. Huge request - if someone is a member could you check to see if there are any on the site?

Either way, I'll be at SB on Saturday, can't wait to see our new attacking juggernaut team in the flesh!

I dont have my membership cards on me so not sure of the login number to check :o

I think if I did buy them and you wanted to pick them up on the day, I'm nearly sure you'd need my membership cards to pick up from the box office.

I'd say a tout is your only call this late in the day but remember that the game wont be on in ANY pub around the ground due to the UK ban on live game between 2.45 and 5 so you'll have to settle for a stream if you dont get a ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

PeterTwo wrote: »

Check twitter, @chelseaticket @chelsea_tickets @chelseatickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

just checked myself there. @Mcr_parking have two tickets in the west stand lower tier face value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭PeterTwo

Much appreciated everyone! Looks like twitter is my best bet!

weiland79 wrote: »
    just checked myself there. @Mcr_parking have two tickets in the west stand lower tier face value

You'd want to get in there early as they maybe gone.

Usually those guys will meet ya at the ground too so good luck PeterTwo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Excellent news, he did really deserve it actually.

4 goals in 3 games is a good return.

Did Jose win his? I imagine it went to Monk, God forbid the FA were to ever recognise Jose.

Just as I expected, Monk took the Manager of the month award. :rolleyes:

Theyve beat a midtable Man Utd side, Burnely and West Brom.

We've beat Burnely too, Leicester and Everton.

Scoring 5 more and shipping 3 more. Going to Everton and beating them is more difficult than taking points of Utd.

Cant wait to batter them tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just as I expected, Monk took the Manager of the month award. :rolleyes:

Theyve beat a midtable Man Utd side, Burnely and West Brom.

We've beat Burnely too, Leicester and Everton.

Scoring 5 more and shipping 3 more. Going to Everton and beating them is more difficult than taking points of Utd.

Cant wait to batter them tomorrow.

Ah in fairness its a much better achievement for Swansea than it is for Chelsea all things considered it is the obvious choice.

Sure Jose would be arsed with these things anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Soups123 wrote: »
    Ah in fairness its a much better achievement for Swansea than it is for Chelsea all things considered it is the obvious choice.

Yeah I think Monk had done fantastically well at the start of the season and it's a deserved award I reckon. As has been said though, hope Swansea get their arse kicked next game!

Mourinho would probably settle for no awards other than the league title and few other team trophies.

Soups123 wrote: »

I'd debate it but Lambert and Villas 7 pts is pretty good too considering how terrible they were last year.

Privately he probably doesnt care but I'd say he may talk about it if someone asks him in the press conference today.

Yeah I think Monk had done fantastically well at the start of the season and it's a deserved award I reckon. As has been said though, hope Swansea get their arse kicked next game!

Mourinho would probably settle for no awards other than the league title and few other team trophies.

Well I'd take a 1-0 ass kicking if it keeps us top of the league. :pac:

Arsenal are playing City, 2 huge rivals playing.

Liverpool at home to Villa, a team they havent beat at Anfield since 2010 but I reckon they'll steam roller Villa.

Its really important we get a win and keep ahead of the pack this early in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd debate it but Lambert and Villas 7 pts is pretty good too considering how terrible they were last year.

Privately he probably doesnt care but I'd say he may talk about it if someone asks him in the press conference today.

Lamberts 7 is good but Monks 9 is better! Given Swansea are not a competitor I'd say he'll give him the compliment it deserves

6 times we've played Swansea in the league, 4 wins and 2 draws.

Throw in the capital one cup fixtures its 8 games, 4 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss.

First time we met at the Bridge it was 4-1 among the scorers that day, Torres.

Team lined up as is

Cech
    Bosingwa Ivan JT Cole
    Mikel Ramires Meireles
    Mata Torres Anelka

Goals:
    Torres, Ramires 2, Drogba

Even Josh McEchran made an appaerance.

• Advertisement

Well done Costa.

BxUkESwCEAApHnA.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Johner wrote: »
    Well done Costa.

BxUkESwCEAApHnA.jpg

Didn't realise it before but he's the spit of Tony Almeida from 24...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVZX15wAeiDB-LXE90sEyvrQJtNHdnjja4UAVUmgXWDWnJ6R3fUQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

nope!

this guy
    220px-Rick_Aviles.jpg

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

DiegoCostaFerengi.jpg

• Advertisement

I was thinking Blackie Connors but that might be a combination of looks and background. :pac:

One thing is for sure about Costa, hes ugly as sin, your g/f wont be to quick to ask "whos he" when watching him play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

nope!

Tony looking a little palid I'll grant you, but they are very similar!

No they're not:pac:

This day 11 years ago we signed Makelelelelelele :)

Happy days.

Diego Costa has scored twice as many Premier League goals this season (4) as Manchester United have managed (2).

Just taken from Twitter.

:pac:

Diego Costa is beautiful, just beautiful.

Johner wrote: »
    Diego Costa is beautiful, just beautiful.

as long as he keeps scoring goals hes the most beautiful CF in the league.

If he keeps up his current goal scoring record he'll get 50 league goals.

I've every faith in him to do so :D

4 free €2 bets and counting , thank you mr costa

Ya, I hit on a 3 team acca with one of my €2 bets, up about 9.33 or something. :)

Raging I missed that bet. Looked like it wasn't available on mobile and was afk for a good bit of pre-season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement