Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Id still want Shaw or maybe the Swiss lad Rodreqiuez but theres no chat/rumours about either, wont be any news until after the WC on any signing id say.

Rodriguez playing now for Switzerland v Ecuador.
    Has put in a couple of good crosses and had a decent shot saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Therell be no new players in until teams are done with the WC. Im surprised we managed to get Cesc in before it started TBH.

Rodriguez sets up the Swiss equaliser too.

Rodriguez:

Takes set pieces - Check
    Can beat a man with a cross - Check
    Decent defensively - Check
    Adds pace to the back four - Check

Rodriguez:

Takes set pieces - Check
    Can beat a man with a cross - Check
    Decent defensively - Check
    Adds pace to the back four - Check

He'd have to improve defensively IMO. Rest of his game is sound but hes young enough. Also, if he has a decent WC itll up his price and also any potential clubs that might come in for him.

He'd have to improve defensively IMO. Rest of his game is sound but hes young enough. Also, if he has a decent WC itll up his price and also any potential clubs that might come in for him.

You're probably right. He'd need to strengthen a bit like Azpi/Schurrle did for the Premier League. He's been brushed off too easily once or twice.

Another assist for Rodriguez. He has great composure in the final third.
    Lichtsteiner put on his best Ivanovic impression as well for contrast.

Ya the 2nd assist was very good, a great ball in by him.

As an attacking option he could be very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just keep Cole for another season.
    Simple!

• Advertisement

Panthro wrote: »
    Just keep Cole for another season.
    Simple!

Cough , Luke Shaw, Cough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

It's true that Courtois is coming back next season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

Are Frank and Ashley the only two confirmed left the club so far?

Eto'o undecided on extension or even offered one yet?

Also, hi everybody!

the_monkey wrote: »
    It's true that Courtois is coming back next season ?

Yes, thats what Jose said and he wants costa, said he told the club to get him sorted.

micknail wrote: »
    Are Frank and Ashley the only two confirmed left the club so far?

Eto'o undecided on extension or even offered one yet?

Also, hi everybody!

I think eto'os gone aswell, doubt he'd be kept after all thats been said by himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

I think eto'os gone aswell, doubt he'd be kept after all thats been said by himself.

Good riddance really, I know he scored some important goals for us but he's just not good enough.

• Advertisement

kev1.3s wrote: »
    Good riddance really, I know he scored some important goals for us but he's just not good enough.

100% but what does that say about Torres and Ba. :o

Ideally it would costa and lukaku and maybe bamford or schurrle as backup.

100% but what does that say about Torres and Ba. :o

Ideally it would costa and lukaku and maybe bamford or schurrle as backup.

Torres and ba not good enough either but etoo in a chelsea shirt never sat easy with me.

Torres and ba not good enough either but etoo in a chelsea shirt never sat easy with me.

Id give any player a chance really as long as they wanna work hard.

Hopefully Cesc will go down a treat with the fans ASAP.

Id give any player a chance really as long as they wanna work hard.

Hopefully Cesc will go down a treat with the fans ASAP.

Don't get me wrong if he had scored a hatful of goals I'd be happy to get past my reservations but as it happens he didn't so I can stand on this soapbox, I remember the utd game where he got his hat trick I was screaming at the tv at one point asking why Jose hadn't selected Torres. It didn't take too long that day for me to eat humble pie! Cesc on the other hand I'm genuinely excited about.

Don't get me wrong if he had scored a hatful of goals I'd be happy to get past my reservations but as it happens he didn't so I can stand on this soapbox, I remember the utd game where he got his hat trick I was screaming at the tv at one point asking why Jose hadn't selected Torres. It didn't take too long that day for me to eat humble pie! Cesc on the other hand I'm genuinely excited about.

People will be waiting for Cesc to fail, equally Costa.

Iml really cant wait for Zouma next year and Courtois too.

Its an exciting time to be a Chelsea fan.

Any idea when the fixture list is out?

• Advertisement

Think I feel the same way about Fabregas!

Think the out list should be something like this:
    Torres,
    Etoo,
    Marin,
    Moses,
    Kakuta,
    McEachran,
    Mikel,
    Hilario.

Anyone else should be able to either go on loan and improve (Chalobah, bamford etc) or be given a final crack at the squad (Romeu, PVA)

Fixture list is out 18th June. That Campbell fella is coming back to arsenal next season, looks like he will be handy enough.

Think I feel the same way about Fabregas!

Think the out list should be something like this:
    Torres,
    Etoo,
    Marin,
    Moses,
    Kakuta,
    McEachran,
    Mikel,
    Hilario.

Anyone else should be able to either go on loan and improve (Chalobah, bamford etc) or be given a final crack at the squad (Romeu, PVA)

Can't say I really can argue with that list, anyone know how Piazon got on on loan after?

Fixture list is out 18th June. That Campbell fella is coming back to arsenal next season, looks like he will be handy enough.

Looks better than Bendtner or Sanogo alright.

Lovely 1st game, Arsenal at the Bridge. :pac:

Can't say I really can argue with that list, anyone know how Piazon got on on loan after?

Faded a lot for the second half the season, although most of the team did the same.

Atsu was fans player of the year iirc.

Faded a lot for the second half the season, although most of the team did the same.

Shame really was one I had high hopes for, probably not to be! Atsu coming back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Yep, but he was played out of position when he started to fade. Apparently they didn't handle him well at all, Piet de Visser the head of development is fuming with them. Reckon he's 50/50, he needs a PL loan.

It would be good to see Piazon and some others get a premier league loan next season, is Bamford staying with Darby or looking for a prem move?

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yep, but he was played out of position when he started to fade. Apparently they didn't handle him well at all, Piet de Visser the head of development is fuming with them. Reckon he's 50/50, he needs a PL loan.

Though De Visser was Head of Scouting? Isnt Neil Bath head of youth development?

Either way, jd love to see EPL loams if they get game time, otherwise leave them go where theyll get 25-30games at a good level

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Loftus-Cheek should be given a chance, watched him a couple of times, dominates midfield

• Advertisement

Though De Visser was Head of Scouting? Isnt Neil Bath head of youth development?

Either way, jd love to see EPL loams if they get game time, otherwise leave them go where theyll get 25-30games at a good level

Yep, sorry you're right.

He is probably one of the most influential guys at the club though, close friends with Roman and his personal adviser. He's the main reason our youth system is was it is, Cobham was built in the image of the PSV academy so he is incredibly involved in that side of things but more so as a scout for sure.

He said a few days ago that he wishes we could have signed some of France's CM's, that he tracked them from a young age but they chose other clubs.

Still he has proved very shrewd recently, especially with the Brazilian players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

quotes from costa (well according to goal.com)

"Why would I have chosen to play for Chelsea? It is a thing that is about to happen," Costa told Goal. "Things are going in a direction and, if they keep going as they are going, it is the team I will play for in the next season.

"I've wanted to play in the Premier League for a while. Chelsea are one of the greatest clubs of the world so there are many factors that make you take a decision like this."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/16/4886033/diego-costa-why-im-joining-chelsea?CMPID=FBUK_140616_CostaExclusive

Lukker- wrote: »
    Yep, sorry you're right.

He is probably one of the most influential guys at the club though, close friends with Roman and his personal adviser. He's the main reason our youth system is was it is, Cobham was built in the image of the PSV academy so he is incredibly involved in that side of things but more so as a scout for sure.

He said a few days ago that he wishes we could have signed some of France's CM's, that he tracked them from a young age but they chose other clubs.

Still he has proved very shrewd recently, especially with the Brazilian players.

The only problem with De Visser is hes like 73 or something, cant see him being involved for a few more years. :o

Hes found some real gems, Ronaldo being the greatest of those, the real Ronaldo that is.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    quotes from costa (well according to goal.com)

"Why would I have chosen to play for Chelsea? It is a thing that is about to happen," Costa told Goal. "Things are going in a direction and, if they keep going as they are going, it is the team I will play for in the next season.

"I've wanted to play in the Premier League for a while. Chelsea are one of the greatest clubs of the world so there are many factors that make you take a decision like this."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/06/16/4886033/diego-costa-why-im-joining-chelsea?CMPID=FBUK_140616_CostaExclusive

Get him in ASAP and we're pretty sorted, if we can keep Lukaku, brilliant, otherwise we'll be keeping one of our current CFs and probably getting another Cf in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭what a day

Sorry lads but Lukaku is gonna be sold. As much as i agree with you we wont be holding on to him.

We will sign Costa and another stiker, use Shurrle as 3rd choice.
    Should be more movement once the WC is over.

what a day wrote: »
    Sorry lads but Lukaku is gonna be sold. As much as i agree with you we wont be holding on to him.

We will sign Costa and another stiker, use Shurrle as 3rd choice.
    Should be more movement once the WC is over.

I reckon he'll be sold too, I dont think any bridges will be mended and the highest bidder will get him, hopefully someone from abroad anyway.

I reckon he'll be sold too, I dont think any bridges will be mended and the highest bidder will get him, hopefully someone from abroad anyway.

Yeah hopefully abroad and with deep pockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

How long left is he got on his contract and what's his wages? Can we get any decent cash for what we invested in?

We'll seriously regret selling Lukaku without giving him a proper shot at the CF role.

Courtois is saying he only wants to be number 1 and only wants to comeback to play and Jose said Courtois is coming back, signals the end for Cech if you want to read between the lines.

So thats Cech and Lukaku who look to be out too.

I dont think the foreign market is big enough for Lukaku and he'll be sold to an EPL team and they'll be getting a great signing if it does happen, I hope we get around 30million for him though, it'll offset the Costa deal and we'll have money left over from selling Luiz too.

Cech - 20
    Luiz - 50
    Lukaku - 30

100 million in,

Costa -35
    Cesc - 27

62 spent and we need a LB too and maybe a 2nd CF with whats left over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Advertisement

Will Torres take a pay cut or will he demand us to pay a % of his wages for the remainder of his Chelsea contract once he joins Atletico?

Either way, hopefully he does go home.

Comparing Lukaku and Costa.
    Lukaku has scored 17 and 15 Premier League goals in respective loan spells at West Brom and Everton but still, for whatever reason, Mourinho doesn’t see the 21 year old as part of his plans.

Instead he opts to bring in a fairly one-dimensional striker who has had just one good season to his name. That’s a calculated risk that could well backfire for the Chelsea manager

I agree, in part but it depends on Lukaku, if he stays he'll get chances if he wants out, feck him.

With Utd all but signing Vermalen from Arsenal can we go after shaw now?

Vermalen can voer CB or LB, Utd already have 3 CB's that could play ahead of him.

Maybe he'll be abck up to Evra and the CB's as I dont think hes good enough to start for them in any capacity.

Apart from the odd goal from set pieces the guy isnt the greatest and I woudlnt be thrilled to sign him, neither would be to sad if he left my club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I always considered Vermalen OK but a bit of a liability.
    Thought United would aim higher tbh.

Get Shaw Jose!:D
    Actually, Coleman lads. There's the boy to go get.

With Utd all but signing Vermalen from Arsenal can we go after shaw now?

Vermalen can voer CB or LB, Utd already have 3 CB's that could play ahead of him.

Maybe he'll be abck up to Evra and the CB's as I dont think hes good enough to start for them in any capacity.

Apart from the odd goal from set pieces the guy isnt the greatest and I woudlnt be thrilled to sign him, neither would be to sad if he left my club.

lots of reports that utd want danny blind which would mean no move for shaw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Comparing Lukaku and Costa.

I agree, in part but it depends on Lukaku, if he stays he'll get chances if he wants out, feck him.

Can hardly blame Lukaku for wanting out, 2 seasons on loan and has done very well while strikers still at the club hardly set the world on fire. I thought he should have stayed with Chelsea this season not on loan. He is probably thinking "f this I'm not sitting on the bench while Costa comes in and straight into the 11".

How much do you think Lukaku is worth?

• Advertisement

I think Coleman would be an excellent buy but it would mean leaving Dave on the left, which he more than capable I suppose but he also deserves to be played in position. Wonder how much we could get Coleman for?

Id stay clear of Coleman, he'd command a high transfer fee, probably 20-25million I reckon.
    peteeeed wrote: »
    lots of reports that utd want danny blind which would mean no move for shaw

Shaw is the one you want but Southampton dont need to sell and at the price of 30million hes being sold at a huge premium, probably double what hes worth but young and English will inflate any price.
    Augmerson wrote: »
    Can hardly blame Lukaku for wanting out, 2 seasons on loan and has done very well while strikers still at the club hardly set the world on fire. I thought he should have stayed with Chelsea this season not on loan. He is probably thinking "f this I'm not sitting on the bench while Costa comes in and straight into the 11".

How much do you think Lukaku is worth?

TBH if thats his kind of attitude he can go f**k off, this isnt WBA or Everton, you're going to have competition at the highest level and if he stuck around last year instead of acting like a child he would ahve got plenty of game time.

Hes probably worth about 25-30million, 2 years left on his curernt deal so the next few weeks are make or break, if he signs a new deal he'll be kept, if not he'll be sold off and we'll regret it.
    I think Coleman would be an excellent buy but it would mean leaving Dave on the left, which he more than capable I suppose but he also deserves to be played in position. Wonder how much we could get Coleman for?

20+ million I'd say, proven EPL Player and all that jazz.

I'd rather stick with Azp, whos younger and buy Shaw or Rodriguez, whos younger too.

Linked with Kroos again today.

just moved into a new place , i wonder would the girlfriend be up for this

http://www.wallsauce.com/wall-murals/sport/football-soccer/chelsea-fc/stamford-bridge-west-stand

Personally I can see Shaw staying Southampton. I think us or United would be crazy to pay that figure for a young player who has only 1 full season playing regularly. Andy Carrol springs to mind, I'd prefer to see him develop at Southampton and then 1-2 years down the line if he fulfills his potential than go for him. I think we are just letting the fact that he is young, English and a Chelsea fan, cloud our judgement.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement