Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014/15

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Diego Costa is the first Chelsea player to score in his first four games for the club since John Meredith in 1928.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

peteeeed wrote: »
    Diego Costa is the first Chelsea player to score in his first four games for the club since John Meredith in 1928.

And Costa has already scored more than he did in his entire Chelsea career!

A few of us said on this thread that Costa was made for this league and the Jose system. He really has got everything! A truly world class striker we have, and it feels good! He's always in the right place at the right time and that's the sign of world class striker. A United supporting friend who said he'd be a flop is a bit quiet right about now. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Costas the kind of fella you could go to war with he never gives up and his attitude alone is brilliant. Throw in his finishimg off either leg and movement and youve got a world class CF and we're lucky to have him. Ivegot the away jersey ordered with costa on the back cant wait to wear it with pride playing 6 a side.

Also Costa has won me 3 more free 2euro bets.

I love you Diego.

:D

<3

Schalke warmed up for Wednesday with a 4-1 defeat, lovely! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Top of the league for another week.

As it stands even if we lose next week we can only be taken over by Villa
    What a weekend. 3 of our rivals drop points.

Good weekend.
    But we didnt, were coming for ye bitches :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Also Costa has won me 3 more free 2euro bets.

I love you Diego.

:D

<3
    So you had out bet hedged all along! People these days :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Johner wrote: »
    A few of us said on this thread that Costa was made for this league and the Jose system. He really has got everything! A truly world class striker we have, and it feels good! He's always in the right place at the right time and that's the sign of world class striker. A United supporting friend who said he'd be a flop is a bit quiet right about now. :pac:

Indeed I could not wait for him to join he is just made for the PL, and kudos to Remy coming on after Costa bags his hat trick and scores on his debut.

• Advertisement

astonaidan wrote: »
    But we didnt, were coming for ye bitches :D

I was at the game last year ye deserved at least a draw out of it. Should be a good game too BTW.

So Ronaldo wants St.£500,000 to join Man United or Chelsea. At the moment, fine player that he is, he would not improve our side so no point wasting that amount of money.

Man United seem intent on buying loads of forward players so expect to see him back there.

Mind you with this talk of Ronaldo being unsettled I hope Haz is given a new super duper long contract very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Linekars teeth are looking a little too white --- Jesus I need to turn the brightness down ...

So Ronaldo wants St.£500,000 to join Man United or Chelsea. At the moment, fine player that he is, he would not improve our side so no point wasting that amount of money.

Man United seem intent on buying loads of forward players so expect to see him back there.

Mind you with this talk of Ronaldo being unsettled I hope Haz is given a new super duper long contract very soon.

Id take Ronaldo. Youd have to really. And the internet would blow up. It wont happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

fine player that he is, he would not improve our side

Ah he would though. There is no side that he wouldn't improve.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Essien wrote: »

Ah but mid winter in Stoke, Hull etcetera etcetera. :)

Fantastic player, one of the best in the world and probably would add something to most teams in the world but I still wouldn't want to see him in a Chelsea shirt.

Ah but mid winter in Stoke, Hull etcetera etcetera. :)

Fantastic player, one of the best in the world and probably would add something to most teams in the world but I still wouldn't want to see him in a Chelsea shirt.

I would to annoy my Utd supporting buddies. Be great craic.

Itll never happen anyway.

We'll just take Pogba instead. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Hope we dont start Costa midweek... there has been 2 little injury scares in the last 2 weeks.. lets save him for City. Remy in from the start against Schalke as he should be confident and happy now after his goal today

Hope we dont start Costa midweek... there has been 2 little injury scares in the last 2 weeks.. lets save him for City. Remy in from the start against Schalke as he should be confident and happy now after his goal today

Said it earlier, Costa is willing to run through walls for the team he'll want to play but id be happy with Remy or Drogba really. We can afford 7/8 changes and we should still manage a win or even a draw isnt bad.

Roll on City sunday, we might well lose but weve started very well while everyone else have dropped points around us thats huge.

Ceac has broken another EPL record. The 1st player to assist in his last 6 games. 2 for Arsenal before he moved.

• Advertisement

Its a little surprising how good Cesc is doing, I knew he'd be decent for us and an upgrade on what we had, but hes been fantastic altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Petr just retweeted this
    BxcCvS3CUAA3lWf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,524 ✭✭✭tigger123

Id take Ronaldo. Youd have to really. And the internet would blow up. It wont happen though.

Do you think CFC wouldn't buy him? Or Real wouldn't sell him?

Real are a basket case of a club, it wouldn't surprise me if he moves out of there while he's still in his prime. It's not like Messi at Barcelona.

tigger123 wrote: »
    Do you think CFC wouldn't buy him? Or Real wouldn't sell him?

Real are a basket case of a club, it wouldn't surprise me if he moves out of there while he's still in his prime. It's not like Messi at Barcelona.

It just dont think it makes sense that theyll sell there best player.

Essien wrote: »

No I have to disagree. There is no doubting Ronaldo's ability if he is not the best he is the second best player in the world BUT.

We seem to have a fantastic dressing room at the moment and are playing some really good football. Into that mix throw a player on ST£500,000 a week roughly 2.5 times the top current salary for me it would cause the destruction of this side which is still by and large young. We have Haz, Cesc and Costa who can open up pretty much any defence and have years on their side. Why take a chance on just about 30 year old who would cost north of ST38m per season in FFP terms.

Yea it would be funny initially but not in the long term, I maintain he would not improve us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

In any case given the rapturous relationship he has with Mourinho I don't imagine we will be seeing Ronaldo in blue at the Bridge anytime soon.

Gotta say it's a fantastic result yesterday, in Diego Costa we have one of, if not the, premier striker in world football, the big man has everything, he has lit up the early stages of the Premier League, assisted admirably (in every sense) by a fantastic supporting cast of Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Matic, Schurrle ect. All the talk at the end of the window abd today is about the Gaalacticos but, while they've spent a fortune abd signed huge names, we've signed champions.

rapturous
    ˈraptʃərəs/Submit
    adjective
    characterized by, feeling, or expressing great pleasure or enthusiasm
    In any case given the rapturous relationship he has with Mourinho I don't imagine we will be seeing Ronaldo in blue at the Bridge anytime soon.

Gotta say it's a fantastic result yesterday, in Diego Costa we have one of, if not the, premier striker in world football, the big man has everything, he has lit up the early stages of the Premier League, assisted admirably (in every sense) by a fantastic supporting cast of Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Matic, Schurrle ect. All the talk at the end of the window abd today is about the Gaalacticos but, while they've spent a fortune abd signed huge names, we've signed champions.

duploelabs wrote: »
    rapturous
    ˈraptʃərəs/Submit
    adjective
    characterized by, feeling, or expressing great pleasure or enthusiasm

Ye that should be something more along the lines of "ruptured" but my phone is not on the same wavelength as my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭duckman!!

It just dont think it makes sense that theyll sell there best player.

They sold Di Maria(there best player last year) to United!!!

duckman!! wrote: »
    They sold Di Maria(there best player last year) to United!!!

:confused:

I'd rather Ronaldo than Di Maria everyday of the week, twice on match days. :pac:

• Advertisement

BxebaURIAAAMN7f.jpg

BxfU0OHIIAAOix9.jpg

Costa still has more goals than utd :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Costa still has more goals than utd :pac:

Ye-he-he-heah!!! Love that!!! :D

If Utd dont finish 4th with that squad and spending that money its a shambles.

TBH with that squad and manager they should p*ss the league. Theyve one of the most attacking teams in Europe.

Anything outside top 4 is failure IMO.

Best ATTACKING teams in Europe... the problems with the squad United have currently is summed up neatly in that sentence. Their defence and midfield are still sorely lacking. T'is easy to do it against QPR in Old Trafford. Let's see how well that team fares in the Etihad, Stamford Bridge, the Emirates or even Anfield. Then we shall really see what they're made out of.

DazMarz wrote: »
    Best ATTACKING teams in Europe... the problems with the squad United have currently is summed up neatly in that sentence. Their defence and midfield are still sorely lacking. T'is easy to do it against QPR in Old Trafford. Let's see how well that team fares in the Etihad, Stamford Bridge, the Emirates or even Anfield. Then we shall really see what they're made out of.

Im pretty confident we'll finish above them this year anyway. The thing that will stop costa is an injury.

Yeah lads to be honest Utd probably have got the best forward 4/5 in the league if they can fit them all in the team.

LM Mata
    RM Di Maria
    CF Rooney
    CF Van Persie

Is that better than:

LM Hazard
    CAM Oscar
    RM Schurrle
    CF Costa

and

LM Silva
    CAM Nasri
    RM Navas
    CF Aguero

It is whats behind them thats going to cause them trouble... they maybe have a better front 4 but in central midfield their rivals crush them.... Herrera/Blind is so lightweight and lacking pace compared to Matic/Fabregas & Yaya/Fernando... and Utd's centre halfs are muck IMO.. Jones/Smalling/Evans? Wouldnt have any of them ahead of Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Kompany etc.

At the moment United are one or 2 years (or transfer windows) away from being totally competitive in a title race again.

Costa goals scored this season is consistent w/Fibonacci Sequence. 1,1,2,3. If he keeps this up he'll score 39,088,169 in the last game.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,752 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

DiegoCostaFerengi.jpg

I'm starting to think I was wrong saying this because right now when I look at Costa, this is what I'm seeing:

322209.jpeg

In fairness, Costa may only be 25, but he looks like he's been running a Mexican Drug Cartel for at least 2 decades. He would not have looked out of place as a baddie in Breaking Bad or Scarface

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

LM Mata
    RM Di Maria
    CF Rooney
    CF Van Persie

Is that better than:

LM Hazard
    CAM Oscar
    RM Schurrle
    CF Costa

I dont agree with that .

Hazard better than di maria
    Oscar better than mata
    And costa prob better than both rvp and rooney.

Forget bout shurrle .

I'd say Man Utd have bigger names but as a functioning unit I wouldn't trade Chelsea's current attack for any other in the league.

I'd say Man Utd have bigger names but as a functioning unit I wouldn't trade Chelsea's current attack for any other in the league.

This. Times a million.

Chelsea are working as a complete unit. Star players may or may not shine, but the system is working and working very effectively.

United have the sums of the part, but the whole is lacking. 1 win from 4 games. 5 points from a possible 12. Not good. And that 1 win came against a team that all others in the league would be looking to beat at home.

Let's see how well United fare against proper teams. Chelsea, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton. Let's see how well United do home and away to these teams, then we can talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

rottie 11 wrote: »
    I dont agree with that .

Hazard better than di maria
    Oscar better than mata
    And costa prob better than both rvp and rooney.

Forget bout shurrle .

Hazard and di Maria are two fantastic players but di Maria has a much better all round game than Hazard. I would be amazed if anyone, thinking objectively, would choose Hazard over di Maria.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭BarcodeMuncher

Wouldn't say a better all round game, bar last season, Di Maria was incredibly inconsistent, with Hazard you know what you get, if Di Maria can match his form of last season he will be the best player in the league, that if is there though but based on today's performance I wouldn't worry. Both tremendous players with both starting in both teams

TheTownie wrote: »
    Hazard and di Maria are two fantastic players but di Maria has a much better all round game than Hazard. I would be amazed if anyone, thinking objectively, would choose Hazard over di Maria.

I'd have Hazard over Di Maria every day.

di Maria doesnt get enough goals.

Hes all about assists, he trumps Hazard in that regard but thats about it.

Di Maria may out score Hazard this year but that would be the exception rather than the norm.

But I can see why you'd stick up for your new signing.

Even subjectively speaking his transfer figure whihc is give or take about 4million pounds is nearly double Hazards.

I couldnt justify us paying that for Di Maria but Utd needed him more and have the money to spend so fair f**ks to ye for not being afraid to splash it.

BxhEDCkIEAAkRZp.jpg

This is what ya get from costa :pac: :pac:

BxgLgFGCUAE8y4m.png:large

BxgLgseCQAEQZC8.png:large

BxgLgnZCAAE8Z8j.png:large

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement